|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Dependent Independence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is considered shocking, just as it is back in the United States?
(a) A humid climate.
(b) Religious differences.
(c) Cultural differences.
(d) Racial intermarriage.
2. Who does MacArthur support while turning away his old friend Osmena?
(a) Manuel Ortega.
(b) Manual Roxas.
(c) Luis Varga.
(d) Jimmie Vitae.
3. What do many Americans suspect about the Huks?
(a) They are allied with the Chinese.
(b) They are allied with the Japanese.
(c) They are allied with the Russians.
(d) They are allied with the Koreans.
4. Since McKinley does not want war, what does he do?
(a) He forbids war.
(b) He tries stalling.
(c) He resigns.
(d) He runs a successful anti-war campaign.
5. Why does a rebellion in Cuba get much attention in the United States?
(a) Due to Cuba's extraordinary power.
(b) Due to its proximity to Florida.
(c) Due to Cuba's size.
(d) Due to Cuba's animosity towards the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does MacArthur create much resentment?
2. Theodore Roosevelt is a student of Mahan's THE INFLUENCE OF SEA POWER ON HISTORY and desires to make the United States what?
3. When Roosevelt takes over as acting secretary, he looks at means of overthrowing who in Cuba and the Philippines?
4. How does Long react when Roosevelt connives to have a fellow expansionist appointed as the next Navy Commodore?
5. What does the American intelligence community decide about Quirino?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)