|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Dependent Independence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Quirino's ineptitude only help to strengthen?
(a) The opposition movement.
(b) The American government.
(c) His own movement.
(d) Filipino politics.
2. What does President Roxas do in order to pass wanted legislation?
(a) He bribes members of the Filipino Parliament.
(b) He blackmails members of the Filipino Parliament.
(c) He has several members of the Filipino Parliament murdered.
(d) He denies seats to eleven opposition members of the Filipino Parliament under questionable charges.
3. Who is Luis Taruc?
(a) An American spy in the Philippines.
(b) The leader of the Federalista Party.
(c) The president of the Philippines.
(d) The leader of the Huks.
4. Since McKinley does not want war, what does he do?
(a) He forbids war.
(b) He resigns.
(c) He runs a successful anti-war campaign.
(d) He tries stalling.
5. Conservative President Grover Cleveland ______________ pressure to annex Hawaii and attack Cuba.
(a) Succumbs to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a rebellion in Cuba get much attention in the United States?
2. During the mid 1800s, the American desire to become a world power and be taken seriously _____________.
3. What is Manila dubbed?
4. When do boatloads of American teachers and civil servants start arriving in the Philippines?
5. What are the Filipinos very good at mimicking?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)