|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Dependent Independence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Conservative President Grover Cleveland ______________ pressure to annex Hawaii and attack Cuba.
(b) Succumbs to.
2. During the mid 1800s, the American desire to become a world power and be taken seriously _____________.
3. What is considered shocking, just as it is back in the United States?
(a) Religious differences.
(b) Racial intermarriage.
(c) Cultural differences.
(d) A humid climate.
4. What is established in the Philippines?
(a) An all-Filipino governing system.
(b) A true judicial system.
(c) A superficial judicial system.
(d) A Filipino militia.
5. How do many Filipinos feel about emancipation at this stage?
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1909, there are ________________ elementary schools and four hundred thousand pupils in the Philippines.
2. When do the Philippines become officially independent?
3. The _____________ view surpasses the expansionism view for most of the remainder of the 1800s.
4. How does Long react when Roosevelt connives to have a fellow expansionist appointed as the next Navy Commodore?
5. A pre-CIA organization selects Ramon Magsaysay, who quickly rises through the Filipino legislative ranks. What does Magsaysay cunningly create where he gives rebels the option to surrender, but attacks mercilessly if they decline the offer?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)