|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Dependent Independence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite the shortcomings and unrealistic expectations, _______________ quickly becomes the most literate nation in southeast Asia.
(c) The Philippines.
2. What is established in the Philippines?
(a) A Filipino militia.
(b) An all-Filipino governing system.
(c) A superficial judicial system.
(d) A true judicial system.
3. Who does MacArthur support while turning away his old friend Osmena?
(a) Manuel Ortega.
(b) Luis Varga.
(c) Manual Roxas.
(d) Jimmie Vitae.
4. What does President Roxas do in order to pass wanted legislation?
(a) He bribes members of the Filipino Parliament.
(b) He has several members of the Filipino Parliament murdered.
(c) He blackmails members of the Filipino Parliament.
(d) He denies seats to eleven opposition members of the Filipino Parliament under questionable charges.
5. Since McKinley does not want war, what does he do?
(a) He forbids war.
(b) He resigns.
(c) He runs a successful anti-war campaign.
(d) He tries stalling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark Twain, Samuel Gompers and _________________ find themselves oddly on the same side of the expansionism issue.
2. When Roosevelt takes over as acting secretary, he looks at means of overthrowing who in Cuba and the Philippines?
3. What is considered shocking, just as it is back in the United States?
4. What are the Filipinos very good at mimicking?
5. What is Manila dubbed?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)