|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Victor Triumps Again and Mrs. Weatherby Learns a Lesson", Lennon writes, "It were a small village, Squirmly on the___________."
2. Who keeps "wogs" for poisonous snacks in "On Safairy With Whide Hunter"?
3. The characters in "Neville Club" are drugged and dancing with wild what?
4. What college does Lennon refer to in the poem "Liddypool"?
5. What does the "coloured woman" exclaim she's just eaten in "Scene three Act one"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the language like in "On this Churly Morn"?
2. What becomes of Henry in "Henry and Harry"? What does he do at the end of the story?
3. Describe the plot of "The Famous Five through Woenow Abbey."
4. What is the setting described in "Scene three Act one"?
5. What can you say about Lennon's consistency of language in the book? Is there an indication of meaning to it?
6. Where do the characters go in "Treasure Ivan"? What are the events that take place in this story?
7. What takes place in "Nicely Nicely Clive"? Why is it titled as such?
8. What happens in the story "Victor Triumphs Again and Mrs. Weatherby Learns a Lesson"?
9. What events take place in the short story "Sad Michael"?
10. What is left unexplained in "Henry and Harry"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the subject of "The Fingletoad Resort of Teddiviscious"? What pop-cultural references does Lennon make in this excerpt?
Essay Topic 2
What does "The Famous Five through Woenow Abbey" refer to? Who wrote the original series? What is Lennon saying with this story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Lennon's treatment of women, minorities, and the disabled in his selections from the book. Are these satirical? If so, how?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)