|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Blind Jew asks the pirate in "Treasure Ivan," "Where be the _____ you normally 'ave on your shoulder?"
2. Who co-wrote "On Safairy With Whide Hunter" with John Lennon?
3. "On This Churly Morn" ends with the lines: "Remplenish thou thy cravie / With all that bodes within / Fall gather barge and davie / The ____ within a bin."
4. In "All Abord Speeching," Lennon writes that many "peoble" express great height with what word?
5. What does "he" "strab down" in "Alec Speaking"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the story "Victor Triumphs Again and Mrs. Weatherby Learns a Lesson"?
2. Where do the characters go in "Treasure Ivan"? What are the events that take place in this story?
3. Who enters in "Scene three Act one"? What does this character do?
4. Describe the ending of "Scene three Act one." What is bizarre about this scenario?
5. What is left unexplained in "Henry and Harry"?
6. What does Henry want in "Henry and Harry"? What happens in the beginning of this story?
7. What is the poem, "Remember Arnold" about? What is the illustration like?
8. What are the major overriding themes which permeate the book? What subjects reappear?
9. Describe the plot of the poem "I Wandered." Who is the narrator looking for?
10. "I Sat Belonely" is a poem which describes what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the poems "Good Dog Nigel" and "Alec Speaking." How do these poems compare structurally and thematically?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the short play, "Scene three Act one." What characters are in this selection? What is the plot? What is the theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the themes and subject of the poem "Neville Club." What words indicate that this poem is based around drugs? How does the illustration add to the poem?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)