|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "coloured man" eating as he dances by in "Neville Club"?
2. In "The Fingletoad Resort of Teddiviscious", how many "peodle wash I.T.B."?
3. The character names in "Scene three Act one" are Fatty and what?
4. In "All Abord Speeching," Lennon writes to practice daily unless you're what?
5. Due to what does Frank lose his mother in "Unhappy Frank"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in "Neville Club." What is this poem about?
2. What is the setting described in "Scene three Act one"?
3. Where do the characters go in "Treasure Ivan"? What are the events that take place in this story?
4. Explain the plot of "Deaf Ted, Danoota, (and me)."
5. "I Sat Belonely" is a poem which describes what?
6. What takes place in "Nicely Nicely Clive"? Why is it titled as such?
7. What actions does Frank take in the story, "Unhappy Frank"?
8. What is taking place in the opening of "Scene three Act one"?
9. What is the excerpt "A Letter" about?
10. Describe the ending of "Scene three Act one." What is bizarre about this scenario?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does "The Famous Five through Woenow Abbey" refer to? Who wrote the original series? What is Lennon saying with this story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe "Absurdism" and "Surrealism" as they apply to Lennon's work in the book. What elements of the selections reflect these stylistic elements?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the two selections "You Might Well Arsk" and "Liddypool." What are these selections referencing? What language does Lennon substitute in each?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)