|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Suprise for Little Bobby", how old is Bobby?
2. What is singing in "I Sat Belonely"?
3. What old tradition is being revived in "Liddypool"?
4. In "Scene three Act one," one of the characters says to Fatty, "Yer all the same you rich fat ____".
5. The narrator of "The Fingletoad Resort of Teddiviscious" asks, "Do you prepare Rinkled Dinglebone or Tichie ______?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the poem, "Remember Arnold" about? What is the illustration like?
2. What does Lennon make fun of the most in his depictions from the book?
3. What is the language like in "On this Churly Morn"?
4. Where does the story of "Treasure Ivan" begin? What takes place in the beginning of this tale?
5. What takes place in "On Safairy with the Whide Hunter"?
6. What is "The Moldy Moldy Man" about? In what person is this poem written?
7. What happens in the story "Victor Triumphs Again and Mrs. Weatherby Learns a Lesson"?
8. Describe the plot of the poem "I Wandered." Who is the narrator looking for?
9. Describe the ending of "Scene three Act one." What is bizarre about this scenario?
10. Describe the scene in "Neville Club." What is this poem about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the term "satire" as it applies to Lennon's works. Give examples of satire in different selections from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the two selections "You Might Well Arsk" and "Liddypool." What are these selections referencing? What language does Lennon substitute in each?
Essay Topic 3
Define portmanteau and describe how John Lennon uses it in his works throughout the book.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)