|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the word "Ivan" pronounced in "Caimbilge" in "All Abord Speeching"?
2. In "The Fingletoad Resort of Teddiviscious," the narrator asks how many people watch what?
3. Who co-wrote "On Safairy With Whide Hunter" with John Lennon?
4. What is the "coloured man" eating as he dances by in "Neville Club"?
5. The Blind Jew asks the pirate in "Treasure Ivan," "Where be the _____ you normally 'ave on your shoulder?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lennon make fun of the most in his depictions from the book?
2. What is "The Moldy Moldy Man" about? In what person is this poem written?
3. What happens in the short story, "A Surprise for Little Bobby"?
4. What events take place in the short story "Sad Michael"?
5. Who enters in "Scene three Act one"? What does this character do?
6. What can you say about Lennon's consistency of language in the book? Is there an indication of meaning to it?
7. Where do the characters go in "Treasure Ivan"? What are the events that take place in this story?
8. Explain the plot of "Deaf Ted, Danoota, (and me)."
9. What does Henry want in "Henry and Harry"? What happens in the beginning of this story?
10. "I Sat Belonely" is a poem which describes what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lennon's treatment of women, minorities, and the disabled in his selections from the book. Are these satirical? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
What does "The Famous Five through Woenow Abbey" refer to? Who wrote the original series? What is Lennon saying with this story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss irony as it applies to "A Suprise for Little Bobby." What is the theme of this story?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)