|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Randolf notes, "All of a ______ there was amerry timble on the door."
2. For how many years have the famous five been plotting adventures?
3. Who is the Mayor in "The Wrestling Dog"?
4. What do Randolf's friends say when they enter?
(a) "Haddy Grimmble, Randoob."
(b) "Happy Birfday Binbob."
(c) "Haddy Briffmus Randolf."
(d) "Hiddy Grimbel Randoob."
5. When do the people have a feast in "The Wrestling Dog"?
(d) Harvest time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the growth on Eric's head?
2. What is the famous five's dog's name?
3. What does Randolf hang in "Randolf's Party"?
4. Randolf's friends "all ____ on him."
5. It is Frank's wife's birthday in "No Flies on Frank." How old is she?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the plot of "The Fat Growth on Eric Hearble."
2. Describe the rhyme and meter of the short poem, "Good Dog Nigel."
3. Who was one of the major influences of John Lennon in terms of writing style? Cite an example from "No Flies on Frank", which shows this.
4. Describe the essential plot for "Randolf's Party"? What are the characters' actions?
5. Describe the word "macabre", and explain how this applies to "Good Dog Nigel" and "No Flies on Frank."
6. How does Lennon create the imagery in the story "The Wrestling Dog"? What is the setting?
7. Define the term "portmanteau" and give examples of this in "At the Denis."
8. What is the setting of "Randolf's Party"? What imagery is described?
9. What does the dentist tell the woman about the state of her teeth in "At the Denis"? What does this prompt her to do?
10. What is Frank's wife's appearance in "No Flies on Frank"? What actions does this character undertake?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)