|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the voice come from on Dave's way to work?
(a) "A lost conductor."
(b) "The woman beside him."
(d) "A coloured conductor."
2. Whose job is it to provide a performer in "The Wrestling Dog"?
3. Who is Randolf wondering about in "Randolf's Party"?
(a) His good pals.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His dog.
(d) His parents.
4. What kind of salesman is Dave referred to as?
5. What happens to Frank's wife in "No Flies on Frank"?
(a) Her mother kills her.
(b) She kills herself.
(c) Frank kills her.
(d) Her son kills her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over breakfast Dave would say, "I am partly Dave", which would unnerve who?
2. What does Dave have in "Partly Dave"?
3. Where are the famous five told not to go?
4. Who fires Eric Hearble in "The Fat Growth on Eric Hearble"?
5. Who is the last of Randolf's friends in "Randolf's Party"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the flies arrive in "No Flies on Frank"? What does Frank do about them?
2. Compare the symbolism and themes of the story "The Wrestling Dog" and the poem "Good Dog Nigel."
3. Describe the word "macabre", and explain how this applies to "Good Dog Nigel" and "No Flies on Frank."
4. Describe how Lennon uses the illustrations to complement the writings in this book.
5. What is "Good Dog Nigel" about?
6. What is the most notable feature of John Lennon's writing in this collection?
7. What does the dentist tell the woman about the state of her teeth in "At the Denis"? What does this prompt her to do?
8. What did Paul McCartney say of the collection in the Introduction of the book?
9. Compare the characters of Randolf in "Randolf's Party" and the Denis in "At the Denis." How do these characters relate?
10. Compare the characters of Eric Hearble and Frank. How are these characters similar? How do they differ?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)