|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of salesman is Dave referred to as?
2. How many teeth does the Madam say she has remaining in "At the Denis"?
3. Who is the first listed of Randolf's friends in "Randolf's Party"?
4. What time is it in "Randolf's Party"?
5. For how many years have the famous five been plotting adventures?
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is Frank's wife in "No Flies on Frank"?
2. What does Dave hear the voice say on his way to work in "Partly Dave"?
3. When do the people have a feast in "The Wrestling Dog"?
4. What is Frank's brother's name in "No Flies on Frank"?
5. What do Randolf's friends say when they enter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "Good Dog Nigel" about?
2. Describe the different ways in which Lennon makes use of play-on-words in the story "The Fat Growth of Eric Hearble."
3. Describe the basic plot of the short story "Partly Dave."
4. Describe the word "macabre", and explain how this applies to "Good Dog Nigel" and "No Flies on Frank."
5. Describe the rhyme and meter of the short poem, "Good Dog Nigel."
6. What is Frank's wife's appearance in "No Flies on Frank"? What actions does this character undertake?
7. What is the most notable feature of John Lennon's writing in this collection?
8. What did Paul McCartney say of the collection in the Introduction of the book?
9. What is the story "At the Denis" about? What genre is this story?
10. Describe how Lennon uses the illustrations to complement the writings in this book.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)