|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Randolf get from his dad "who did not live there"?
(a) Chrispbut cart.
(b) Santa's reindeer.
(c) Holy tinsel.
(d) Christmas gifts.
2. Dave has the gift of the what?
3. From the first excerpt the text reads, "'I'm partly Dave he would _____in the morning which was half the battle."
4. Nigel is referred to as "our little ____ friend" in "Good Dog Nigel."
5. What is the famous five's dog's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of cottage does the famous five's uncle live?
2. Randolf notes, "All of a ______ there was amerry timble on the door."
3. What is the name of the growth on Eric's head?
4. How is the growth on Eric's head described in "The Fat Growth on Eric Hearble"?
5. Lennon writes in "The Wrestling Dog", "But who would fight this wondrous beast? I wouldn't for a______."
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the flies arrive in "No Flies on Frank"? What does Frank do about them?
2. What is Frank's wife's appearance in "No Flies on Frank"? What actions does this character undertake?
3. Describe the essential plot for "Randolf's Party"? What are the characters' actions?
4. What do you believe the meaning is in the line, "But would you want your daughter to marry one?" in "Partly Dave"?
5. Describe how Lennon uses the illustrations to complement the writings in this book.
6. Describe the rhyme and meter of the short poem, "Good Dog Nigel."
7. What did Paul McCartney say of the collection in the Introduction of the book?
8. What is the story "At the Denis" about? What genre is this story?
9. Describe the character of Frank in "No Flies on Frank."
10. Describe the plot of "The Fat Growth on Eric Hearble."
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)