Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Doc Burton view civil disobedience and strikes?
2. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
3. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
4. Who do the group of men accuse of collecting money from Moscow?
5. What does Mac hope will happen once again, the same as with Burke, to incite the men to fight?
Is Dakin a likable character? Can the reader trust him? What sets him apart from the other men? What is it about Dakin that the reader is not fully convinced about? Write an essay that supports these claims and also shows how these suspicions about Dakin can foreshadow his eventual downfall.
Jim directs the sacrifice of the cows in Chapter 13. How does this sacrifice and the total transformation of the men into group man reinforce one another? Why and how does the sacrifice reinforce group man within the narrative? How has the tone among the men and within the camp transformed into something different at this point? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
In Chapter 10, Sam savagely beats up one of the checkers before Jim is shot. Can the reader feel sympathy for the checker and the other side of the battle? Why, or why not? Think about social context, war tactics and the mentality of either side. Can both sides have sympathy from the reader? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)