Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Doc Burton view civil disobedience and strikes?
2. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
3. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
4. Who do the group of men accuse of collecting money from Moscow?
5. What does Mac hope will happen once again, the same as with Burke, to incite the men to fight?
Essay Topic 1
Anderson's barn is burned in Chapter 13, which creates a turning point within the narrative. Mac warned earlier on in the novel that if the Anderson's farm was touched, the entire Valley will burn. How does this prediction come to fruition? How is the barn the turning point in the novel as predicted? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
London and Mac both assume leadership roles among the men throughout the novel. Who is truly the better choice? Why? What attributes do these two men have that are advantages for a leader and disadvantages for a leader? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 1 and 2 the reader learns more about the Party, who the members are, and what the organization is like. Use information from the first two chapters to discuss what clues are given to show the grassroots of the men in the Party, their social status, their education, and the level of their organization. How does the information help shape the reader's thoughts about the Party?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)