Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Doc Burton view civil disobedience and strikes?
2. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
3. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
4. Who do the group of men accuse of collecting money from Moscow?
5. What does Mac hope will happen once again, the same as with Burke, to incite the men to fight?
What is group man? How is it its own character although it is a collective of people? How is group man different from the individual? How does the collective become an additional danger to the outside dangers already present to the men? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Jim is the protagonist and the system is the antagonist. Support this statement with specific examples from the text that show this contrast and the nature of the relationship between the two.
Steinbeck wrote "In Dubious Battle" during the McCarthy era and was even blacklisted himself. How is this book specifically written for its social context? How does the suspicion of spies, the fear of being blacklisted, and turncoats within the novel resonate with what is going on in Steinbeck's contemporary period? Write an essay describing the parallels between the novel and Steinbeck's life.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)