Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Doc Burton view civil disobedience and strikes?
2. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
3. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
4. Who do the group of men accuse of collecting money from Moscow?
5. What does Mac hope will happen once again, the same as with Burke, to incite the men to fight?
Is Dakin a likable character? Can the reader trust him? What sets him apart from the other men? What is it about Dakin that the reader is not fully convinced about? Write an essay that supports these claims and also shows how these suspicions about Dakin can foreshadow his eventual downfall.
In Chapter 11, Doc Burton marvels at the mass of contradictions he notices in Mac, such as having "clear vision and rose-colored glasses." Point out and discuss these contradictions. Where do these contradictions come from specifically in the novel? Are these contradictions valid? Which side is the true Mac? Which side will ultimately prevail? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
What is group man? How is it its own character although it is a collective of people? How is group man different from the individual? How does the collective become an additional danger to the outside dangers already present to the men? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)