|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is set on fire that enrages the men and sparks the impending riot?
(a) Joy's coffin.
(b) Doc Burton's tent.
(c) The men's food.
(d) Anderson's barn.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how does Dick get the cows, the bull calf, and the lima beans?
(a) He bribes a farmer.
(b) He robs a bank.
(c) He raises funds from numerous sympathizers.
(d) He romances an old lady.
3. What does Mac tell Jim about winning the strike and the cause?
(a) They are only doing it for show.
(b) Winning is not all they are after.
(c) They do not care about winning.
(d) Winning is all that matters.
4. Who do the group of men decide is the next labor leader to die following Joy?
5. What does Mac notice as strange when he looks up at the watchers on the nearby buildings?
(a) There are no women.
(b) They are crying.
(c) They are armed.
(d) They are not armed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the camp to go sleep in the hospital?
2. What does Doc claim he would do if he were the boss of the other side?
3. How many men are in the squads sent out?
4. Who directs the sacrifice of the cows?
5. What reminds Mac that Doc Burton needs protection in the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dan appearing to be losing his mind when Jim goes to speak with him?
2. Why does Doc Burton make the remark about shooting Mac if he were the boss of the other side?
3. Why does Dakin call Mac cold-blooded?
4. What does the false headline in the paper claim that infuriates Mac?
5. Why does Mac put Doc Burton in a tent with ten armed guards to protect him?
6. To whom does Jim attribute his cool demeanor when London praises him for it?
7. How does Joy's death in Chapter 9 solidify the men in their cause?
8. Why do Dakin and London send out squads of men at the beginning of Chapter 10?
9. What happens to London when an outside agitator tries to turn the crowd against him?
10. What happens after Sam burns Hunter's house as retaliation for the vigilantes burning Anderson's farm.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)