|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
(a) To cremate his body.
(b) To keep the men together.
(c) To remove the bullets out commemorative decoration.
(d) To keep Joy's body from the non-Party members.
2. Who decides to join the Party?
(b) Mrs. Dakin.
3. What does Lisa observe about Dan when she visits him in his tent?
(a) He needs another enema.
(b) He is getting better.
(c) He needs more food.
(d) He is dying.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Mac drape over Joy's coffin?
(a) Rose petals.
(b) An American flag.
(c) Letters from sympathizers.
(d) A red, velvet blanket.
5. Who do the group of men decide is the next labor leader to die following Joy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does the paper call the pickers?
2. What is in London's tent when he invites Mac and Jim inside?
3. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Mac caution the men not to eat but they eat anyway because of hunger?
4. From whom does Jim claim he got his calm and cool demeanor?
5. Who disappears in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does Jim attribute his cool demeanor when London praises him for it?
2. What does Mac want to happen again, similar to Burke's incident, that he believes will push the men forward?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what kinds of necessities are built on the campsite.
4. In Chapter 13, how does the reader see that there is a thin line between the migrant workers and the townspeople during the funeral march?
5. What does Sam brag about to Jim when they go out in a group together?
6. How does group man take over in Sam and Jim's group?
7. Why does Mac decide against leaving Joy's coffin open during the funeral?
8. After Jim tells a group of men about Joy being a kind of labor leader, what do they say in return?
9. What happens to London when an outside agitator tries to turn the crowd against him?
10. Why is Dakin incarcerated for biting a cop?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)