|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does the paper call the pickers?
(a) Cotton deviants.
(b) Dirty vagabonds.
(c) Fruit tramps.
2. At the end of Chapter 12, who takes over during London's speech as he stumbles over his words?
(b) Doc Burton.
3. What does Mac believe will help get the people on their side in light of Joy's death?
(a) Petitioning for funds.
(b) Posting pictures of Joy.
(c) A massive riot.
(d) A public funeral.
4. What reminds Mac that Doc Burton needs protection in the camp?
(a) He is not a likable person.
(b) Everyone likes him.
(c) He commands little respect.
(d) Everyone hates him.
5. Who do the group of men decide is the next labor leader to die following Joy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What spaces themselves along the line of marchers at the train station?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what day of the strike is it when the men organize a picket to meet the train?
3. Where does the paper accuse the strikers of coming from?
4. Who sends out the squads of men the morning following Joy's death?
5. What is in London's tent when he invites Mac and Jim inside?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)