|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lisa tell Jim because she feels close to him?
2. Who has left the camp?
(b) Doc Burton.
(d) Mrs. Dakin.
3. Why does Mac think he should put Joy on public display during the funeral march?
(a) To make non-Party members feel bad.
(b) To drum up sympathizers.
(c) For dramatics.
(d) To fire up the men.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Mac have the men doing at the camp before the strikers arrive?
(a) Dig latrines.
(b) Set up tents.
(c) Raise funds.
(d) Gather food.
5. What does London offer to give the men to eat at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Fruit and vegetables.
(b) Peaches and sardines.
(c) Raw meat.
(d) Lentil soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is delivered by truck to the camp?
2. What does Mac claim the men will feel even if they lose the fight?
3. At the end of Chapter 10, what historical battle does Jim tell Mac to calm his worries?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how does Dick get the cows, the bull calf, and the lima beans?
5. Who goes with the group that includes Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the big mistake Mac claims that the vigilantes made in Chapter 9?
2. What reasoning does Doc Burton give for why he is working so hard for the Party but is not a Party member?
3. What does the paper say about the strikers at the beginning of Chapter 14?
4. What does Mac warn Bolter about when Bolter accuses him of being sent by Red headquarters?
5. Why is Dan appearing to be losing his mind when Jim goes to speak with him?
6. Why does Doc Burton make the remark about shooting Mac if he were the boss of the other side?
7. What does Sam brag about to Jim when they go out in a group together?
8. What does Mac want to happen again, similar to Burke's incident, that he believes will push the men forward?
9. Why does Mac decide against leaving Joy's coffin open during the funeral?
10. What happens to London when an outside agitator tries to turn the crowd against him?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)