|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Mac caution the men not to eat but they eat anyway because of hunger?
(b) Raw pork.
2. What does Mac believe will help get the people on their side in light of Joy's death?
(a) Petitioning for funds.
(b) A public funeral.
(c) Posting pictures of Joy.
(d) A massive riot.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 10, how do the men feel in the morning following Joy's death?
4. At the end of Chapter 12, who takes over during London's speech as he stumbles over his words?
(d) Doc Burton.
5. What are the men doing before that they have to be sent out to do something?
(a) Fighting among themselves.
(b) Losing faith in the cause.
(c) Breaking the strike.
(d) Becoming depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who directs the sacrifice of the cows?
2. Who has left the camp?
3. What is set on fire that enrages the men and sparks the impending riot?
4. What is delivered by truck to the camp?
5. What does London offer to give the men to eat at the end of Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Jim tells a group of men about Joy being a kind of labor leader, what do they say in return?
2. Why does Dakin call Mac cold-blooded?
3. What does Mac want to happen again, similar to Burke's incident, that he believes will push the men forward?
4. What reasoning does Doc Burton give for why he is working so hard for the Party but is not a Party member?
5. Why is Dan appearing to be losing his mind when Jim goes to speak with him?
6. How does group man take over in Sam and Jim's group?
7. Why do Dakin and London send out squads of men at the beginning of Chapter 10?
8. Why does Doc Burton feel sorry for Anderson in Chapter 11?
9. Why does Doc Burton make the remark about shooting Mac if he were the boss of the other side?
10. In Chapter 13, how does the reader see that there is a thin line between the migrant workers and the townspeople during the funeral march?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)