|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is elected squad leader?
(d) Doc Burton.
2. After Dick believes he is spotted for vagrancy, who does he send for to replace him?
3. Who leaves the camp to go sleep in the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Dakin.
(b) London's daughter-in-law.
4. Who directs the sacrifice of the cows?
(b) Doc Burton.
5. What is Mac worried about the morning following Joy's death?
(a) More men dying.
(b) No one caring about Joy.
(c) The strike breaking.
(d) Joy not being remembered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc Burton say to Mac about Joy's body?
2. How many men does it take to pick and clear Anderson's crop?
3. What are the men doing before that they have to be sent out to do something?
4. Who do the group of men accuse of collecting money from Moscow?
5. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mac decide against leaving Joy's coffin open during the funeral?
2. Why is Dan appearing to be losing his mind when Jim goes to speak with him?
3. What happens towards the end of Chapter 9 that Mac is blamed for?
4. After Jim tells a group of men about Joy being a kind of labor leader, what do they say in return?
5. What does Doc Burton admire about Mac's speech during Joy's funeral?
6. How does Joy's death in Chapter 9 solidify the men in their cause?
7. What is the big mistake Mac claims that the vigilantes made in Chapter 9?
8. What does Dick agree with Mac on concerning Joy's death?
9. What does the false headline in the paper claim that infuriates Mac?
10. What happens after Sam burns Hunter's house as retaliation for the vigilantes burning Anderson's farm.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)