|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Bolter, the new president of the fruit Growers' Association, offer to raise the wages of the strikers?
(a) A dollar fifty.
(b) A dime.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A nickel.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 14, what does the paper Mac picks up falsely accuse the strikers of?
(a) Destroying Joy's body.
(b) Assassinating non-Party members.
(c) Holding people hostage.
(d) Committing all acts of violence.
3. Where does the paper accuse the strikers of coming from?
(a) South America.
4. Who sends out the squads of men the morning following Joy's death?
(a) London and Mac.
(b) Dakin and London.
(c) Mac and Jim.
(d) Dakin and Jim.
5. Who is shot during the scuffle involving scabs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is delivered by truck to the camp?
2. What reminds Mac that Doc Burton needs protection in the camp?
3. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
4. To what does Doc Burton compare Jim's feelings toward the cause that offends Jim?
5. What does Mac want to do for retaliation against what is set on fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mac decide against leaving Joy's coffin open during the funeral?
2. To whom does Jim attribute his cool demeanor when London praises him for it?
3. What does Mac want to happen again, similar to Burke's incident, that he believes will push the men forward?
4. How does Joy's death in Chapter 9 solidify the men in their cause?
5. Why is Dan appearing to be losing his mind when Jim goes to speak with him?
6. After Jim tells a group of men about Joy being a kind of labor leader, what do they say in return?
7. Why does Mac put Doc Burton in a tent with ten armed guards to protect him?
8. In Chapter 13, how does the reader see that there is a thin line between the migrant workers and the townspeople during the funeral march?
9. Why do Dakin and London send out squads of men at the beginning of Chapter 10?
10. How does group man take over in Sam and Jim's group?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)