|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dan seeming to lose his mind, according to Doc Burton?
(a) He ate bad meat.
(b) He has not eaten.
(c) He is constipated.
(d) He took pills.
2. Who is elected squad leader?
(b) Doc Burton.
3. What is in London's tent when he invites Mac and Jim inside?
(a) Canned peaches.
(b) Stacks of bananas.
(c) Canned sardines.
(d) Raw meat.
4. After Dick believes he is spotted for vagrancy, who does he send for to replace him?
5. What does London suggest that Mac do for Joy's funeral in the morning?
(a) Start a riot.
(b) Lead the march.
(c) Divert attention from Joy to the cause.
(d) Make the speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what is the incident that Mac claims will enrage the men?
2. What does Mac want to do for retaliation against what is set on fire?
3. What name does the paper call the pickers?
4. Who directs the sacrifice of the cows?
5. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the false headline in the paper claim that infuriates Mac?
2. What does the paper say about the strikers at the beginning of Chapter 14?
3. Why does Dakin call Mac cold-blooded?
4. How does Joy's death in Chapter 9 solidify the men in their cause?
5. What happens to London when an outside agitator tries to turn the crowd against him?
6. To whom does Jim attribute his cool demeanor when London praises him for it?
7. Why does Mac put Doc Burton in a tent with ten armed guards to protect him?
8. What does Mac warn Bolter about when Bolter accuses him of being sent by Red headquarters?
9. Why do Dakin and London send out squads of men at the beginning of Chapter 10?
10. What is the big mistake Mac claims that the vigilantes made in Chapter 9?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)