|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc Burton observe about Mac and the way he is around the men?
(a) He is not consistent with his lectures.
(b) He always sounds like his audience.
(c) He contradicts himself all the time.
(d) He changes constantly.
2. Why is Dan seeming to lose his mind, according to Doc Burton?
(a) He has not eaten.
(b) He is constipated.
(c) He took pills.
(d) He ate bad meat.
3. How does Doc Burton view civil disobedience and strikes?
(a) As an infection.
(b) As necessary.
(c) As poison.
(d) As a relief.
4. Why does Dakin lose his mind, bite a cop, and end up incarcerated?
(a) Vigilantes destroy his truck.
(b) He has lost faith in the cause.
(c) He is hit in the head.
(d) Vigilantes kill his wife.
5. Where does the paper accuse the strikers of coming from?
(d) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisa observe about Dan when she visits him in his tent?
2. What does Mac notice as strange when he looks up at the watchers on the nearby buildings?
3. What does Doc Burton say he is almost out of?
4. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
5. What does Mac claim the men will feel even if they lose the fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasoning does Doc Burton give for why he is working so hard for the Party but is not a Party member?
2. What does Mac want to happen again, similar to Burke's incident, that he believes will push the men forward?
3. What happens after Sam burns Hunter's house as retaliation for the vigilantes burning Anderson's farm.
4. Why does Doc Burton feel sorry for Anderson in Chapter 11?
5. What does Sam brag about to Jim when they go out in a group together?
6. Why does Mac put Doc Burton in a tent with ten armed guards to protect him?
7. What happens to London when an outside agitator tries to turn the crowd against him?
8. In Chapter 13, how does the reader see that there is a thin line between the migrant workers and the townspeople during the funeral march?
9. Why does Doc Burton make the remark about shooting Mac if he were the boss of the other side?
10. To whom does Jim attribute his cool demeanor when London praises him for it?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)