|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac wish he could get for Doc Burton?
(a) More disinfectant.
(b) More armed guards.
(c) A woman.
2. How much does Bolter, the new president of the fruit Growers' Association, offer to raise the wages of the strikers?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A dime.
(c) A dollar fifty.
(d) A nickel.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what day of the strike is it when the men organize a picket to meet the train?
(a) Day one.
(b) Day three.
(c) Day four.
(d) Day two.
4. Why does Dakin lose his mind, bite a cop, and end up incarcerated?
(a) He is hit in the head.
(b) Vigilantes destroy his truck.
(c) Vigilantes kill his wife.
(d) He has lost faith in the cause.
5. Who do the group of men accuse of collecting money from Moscow?
(c) Doc Burton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc Burton say he is almost out of?
2. What is delivered by truck to the camp?
3. Who is elected squad leader?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how does Dick get the cows, the bull calf, and the lima beans?
5. Who sends out the squads of men the morning following Joy's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dakin incarcerated for biting a cop?
2. Why does Dakin call Mac cold-blooded?
3. Why do Dakin and London send out squads of men at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. What does Mac want to happen again, similar to Burke's incident, that he believes will push the men forward?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what kinds of necessities are built on the campsite.
6. What happens towards the end of Chapter 9 that Mac is blamed for?
7. Why does Mac decide against leaving Joy's coffin open during the funeral?
8. Where do the cows, bull calf, and lima beans for the strikers come from?
9. Who is group man?
10. Why is Dan appearing to be losing his mind when Jim goes to speak with him?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)