|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 10, what historical battle does Jim tell Mac to calm his worries?
(a) Battle of Iwo Jima.
(b) Battle of Marathon.
(c) Battle of Thermopylae.
(d) Battle of Salamis.
2. At the end of Chapter 13, who is madly raving and needs an enema?
3. What are the men doing before that they have to be sent out to do something?
(a) Losing faith in the cause.
(b) Fighting among themselves.
(c) Breaking the strike.
(d) Becoming depressed.
4. What does Doc claim he would do if he were the boss of the other side?
(a) Shoot Mac.
(b) Apologize for Joy.
(c) Not allow the funeral.
(d) Help out the strikers.
5. Why does Dakin lose his mind, bite a cop, and end up incarcerated?
(a) Vigilantes kill his wife.
(b) He is hit in the head.
(c) Vigilantes destroy his truck.
(d) He has lost faith in the cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Dick believes he is spotted for vagrancy, who does he send for to replace him?
2. How much does Bolter, the new president of the fruit Growers' Association, offer to raise the wages of the strikers?
3. What does Mac want from the strike chairman after seeing the false newspaper headline?
4. What does Mac tell Jim about winning the strike and the cause?
5. How many men does it take to pick and clear Anderson's crop?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how does the reader see that there is a thin line between the migrant workers and the townspeople during the funeral march?
2. What is the big mistake Mac claims that the vigilantes made in Chapter 9?
3. What happens towards the end of Chapter 9 that Mac is blamed for?
4. What happens after Sam burns Hunter's house as retaliation for the vigilantes burning Anderson's farm.
5. What happens to London when an outside agitator tries to turn the crowd against him?
6. Why does Dakin call Mac cold-blooded?
7. What does Sam brag about to Jim when they go out in a group together?
8. Why do Dakin and London send out squads of men at the beginning of Chapter 10?
9. Why is Dakin incarcerated for biting a cop?
10. How does Joy's death in Chapter 9 solidify the men in their cause?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)