|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
(a) Animalistic tendencies.
(b) Angry man.
(c) Irrational thought.
(d) Group man.
2. What do the group of men complain about having to do?
(a) Hunt for their own food.
(b) Wait three days to bury Joy.
(c) Make appointments with Doc Burton.
(d) Dig their own latrines.
3. What is in London's tent when he invites Mac and Jim inside?
(a) Stacks of bananas.
(b) Raw meat.
(c) Canned sardines.
(d) Canned peaches.
4. Who decides to join the Party?
(a) Mrs. Dakin.
5. What does Mac hope will happen once again, the same as with Burke, to incite the men to fight?
(a) Becoming a turncoat.
(b) Rebelling against the cause.
(c) Dying for the cause.
(d) Spilling a little blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men doing before that they have to be sent out to do something?
2. What does Mac tell Jim about winning the strike and the cause?
3. After Dick believes he is spotted for vagrancy, who does he send for to replace him?
4. What name does the paper call the pickers?
5. What does Mac wish he could get for Doc Burton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the paper say about the strikers at the beginning of Chapter 14?
2. What happens to London when an outside agitator tries to turn the crowd against him?
3. What does Dick agree with Mac on concerning Joy's death?
4. What happens towards the end of Chapter 9 that Mac is blamed for?
5. What is the big mistake Mac claims that the vigilantes made in Chapter 9?
6. Why do Dakin and London send out squads of men at the beginning of Chapter 10?
7. In Chapter 13, how does the reader see that there is a thin line between the migrant workers and the townspeople during the funeral march?
8. Why does Dakin call Mac cold-blooded?
9. How does Joy's death in Chapter 9 solidify the men in their cause?
10. What does Doc Burton admire about Mac's speech during Joy's funeral?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)