|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Jim claim he got his calm and cool demeanor?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) Numerous bad experiences.
(d) Books he has read.
2. Why does Mac decide against putting Joy on public display during the funeral march?
(a) Mac does not want anyone shooting at it.
(b) Joy looks too peaceful.
(c) Mac is scared of the repercussions.
(d) Mac does not want the body to be ruined.
3. In Chapter 11, what is the incident that Mac claims will enrage the men?
(a) Doc Burton quits.
(b) Inedible food.
(c) Another death.
(d) Secret land mines.
4. What does Lisa observe about Dan when she visits him in his tent?
(a) He needs more food.
(b) He needs another enema.
(c) He is getting better.
(d) He is dying.
5. How does Jim elude the cops after he and Mac go to talk to the deputies?
(a) Jumps on to a moving train.
(b) Climbs up a tree.
(c) Hides behind a rock.
(d) Dives into a river.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 10, how do the men feel in the morning following Joy's death?
2. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
3. After Dick believes he is spotted for vagrancy, who does he send for to replace him?
4. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
5. What does Mac think about Doc Burton in terms of his beliefs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doc Burton admire about Mac's speech during Joy's funeral?
2. What does Sam brag about to Jim when they go out in a group together?
3. How does Joy's death in Chapter 9 solidify the men in their cause?
4. Why does Mac decide against leaving Joy's coffin open during the funeral?
5. Where do the cows, bull calf, and lima beans for the strikers come from?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what kinds of necessities are built on the campsite.
7. Who is group man?
8. What is the big mistake Mac claims that the vigilantes made in Chapter 9?
9. What does Dick agree with Mac on concerning Joy's death?
10. What does the false headline in the paper claim that infuriates Mac?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)