|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the group of men complain about having to do?
(a) Dig their own latrines.
(b) Make appointments with Doc Burton.
(c) Hunt for their own food.
(d) Wait three days to bury Joy.
2. What does London offer to give the men to eat at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Fruit and vegetables.
(b) Peaches and sardines.
(c) Raw meat.
(d) Lentil soup.
3. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
(c) Two hundred.
(d) One hundred.
4. What does Mac wish he could get for Doc Burton?
(a) A woman.
(c) More disinfectant.
(d) More armed guards.
5. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
(a) Animalistic tendencies.
(b) Group man.
(c) Irrational thought.
(d) Angry man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mac worried about the morning following Joy's death?
2. Who hops off the train and is shot three times?
3. What does Lisa tell Jim because she feels close to him?
4. What reminds Mac that Doc Burton needs protection in the camp?
5. After Dick believes he is spotted for vagrancy, who does he send for to replace him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Sam burns Hunter's house as retaliation for the vigilantes burning Anderson's farm.
2. How does Joy's death in Chapter 9 solidify the men in their cause?
3. Why does Mac put Doc Burton in a tent with ten armed guards to protect him?
4. What happens to London when an outside agitator tries to turn the crowd against him?
5. Why does Doc Burton feel sorry for Anderson in Chapter 11?
6. Why is Dakin incarcerated for biting a cop?
7. What does Dick agree with Mac on concerning Joy's death?
8. What does the paper say about the strikers at the beginning of Chapter 14?
9. Why does Dakin call Mac cold-blooded?
10. What is the big mistake Mac claims that the vigilantes made in Chapter 9?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)