|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Jim claim he got his calm and cool demeanor?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Books he has read.
(d) Numerous bad experiences.
2. Who accuses Mac of being insensitive and cold-blooded after Mac says he wants to take Joy's body back to camp?
(a) Doc Burton.
3. At the end of Chapter 12, who takes over during London's speech as he stumbles over his words?
(b) Doc Burton.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 10, how do the men feel in the morning following Joy's death?
5. What does Doc claim he would do if he were the boss of the other side?
(a) Not allow the funeral.
(b) Help out the strikers.
(c) Shoot Mac.
(d) Apologize for Joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the hideout that Mac tells Jim about in case either of them is seized?
2. To whom does Mac write a letter asking for help?
3. What does Mac tell Jim about winning the strike and the cause?
4. What is delivered by truck to the camp?
5. What does Doc Burton observe about Mac and the way he is around the men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dick agree with Mac on concerning Joy's death?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what kinds of necessities are built on the campsite.
3. What reasoning does Doc Burton give for why he is working so hard for the Party but is not a Party member?
4. What happens towards the end of Chapter 9 that Mac is blamed for?
5. Why does Dakin call Mac cold-blooded?
6. To whom does Jim attribute his cool demeanor when London praises him for it?
7. What happens to London when an outside agitator tries to turn the crowd against him?
8. What does Mac warn Bolter about when Bolter accuses him of being sent by Red headquarters?
9. Why does Mac decide against leaving Joy's coffin open during the funeral?
10. Who is group man?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)