|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Doc Burton compare Jim's feelings toward the cause that offends Jim?
2. How much does Bolter, the new president of the fruit Growers' Association, offer to raise the wages of the strikers?
(a) A dollar fifty.
(b) A dollar.
(c) A dime.
(d) A nickel.
3. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
(a) To keep the men together.
(b) To cremate his body.
(c) To keep Joy's body from the non-Party members.
(d) To remove the bullets out commemorative decoration.
4. What are the deputies on the road complaining about and might start shooting back at?
(b) Rock throwers.
(c) Land mines.
(d) Armored trucks.
5. Who sends out the squads of men the morning following Joy's death?
(a) Mac and Jim.
(b) Dakin and London.
(c) Dakin and Jim.
(d) London and Mac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the squads of men being sent out to do?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how does Dick get the cows, the bull calf, and the lima beans?
3. What does Mac notice as strange when he looks up at the watchers on the nearby buildings?
4. How does Mac explain vigilantes to Jim; what are they?
5. What does London suggest that Mac do for Joy's funeral in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Doc Burton make the remark about shooting Mac if he were the boss of the other side?
2. What happens after Sam burns Hunter's house as retaliation for the vigilantes burning Anderson's farm.
3. Why do Dakin and London send out squads of men at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. Why does Mac put Doc Burton in a tent with ten armed guards to protect him?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what kinds of necessities are built on the campsite.
6. Where do the cows, bull calf, and lima beans for the strikers come from?
7. Who is group man?
8. What does Dick agree with Mac on concerning Joy's death?
9. What happens to London when an outside agitator tries to turn the crowd against him?
10. How does group man take over in Sam and Jim's group?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)