|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is going to be romancing the female sympathizers?
2. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
(a) He has microphones on the train.
(b) His people check employment agencies.
(c) He keeps a cell phone on him.
(d) He has spies on the train.
3. Who approaches Jim and Mac saying that the committee wants a report?
(a) A troupe of officers.
(b) A private detective.
(c) The Growers' Association head.
(d) The Valley men.
4. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
(b) Not fighting the men.
(c) Soap-boxing to Jim.
(d) Bluffing to the men.
5. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
(a) Rosanna Fights Stadium.
(b) The Party.
(c) The Growers' Association.
(d) The Tandale strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
2. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
3. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
4. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
5. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mac convince Anderson to let them use his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
2. Why does Jim think his mother died?
3. Why is Dakin afraid of being involved in the strike?
4. What is the situation in Torgas Valley with the Growers' Association and the pickers?
5. Why does Mac say that if Lisa had died the birthing experience would still have been worthwhile?
6. Why was Jim put in jail before coming to Harry?
7. Why is field work so dangerous, according to Mac?
8. How does Mac explain the process of a strike to Jim?
9. What is the specific situation that occurred that Mac recounts as the reason for why Joy is "screwy."
10. Why does Mac strategize about bringing a doctor onto the strikers' camping ground?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)