|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches Jim and Mac saying that the committee wants a report?
(a) A private detective.
(b) The Growers' Association head.
(c) A troupe of officers.
(d) The Valley men.
2. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
(a) A doctor.
(d) Sanitary bathrooms.
3. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
(c) Does not care.
4. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
(a) Soliciting donations made illegal.
(b) Separate but equal rights for pickers.
(c) Congregation made illegal.
(d) Picking made illegal.
5. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
(a) The Growers' Association will dissolve.
(b) The Growers' Association will give in to their demands.
(c) The whole district is organized by spring.
(d) The strikers will start their own association.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim wonder that Dan should be doing instead of manual labor?
2. Who does the checker try to bribe for information at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. How does London react to Mac's suggestion for someone else as general chairman?
4. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the orchard superintendent tell London to do?
2. How does group man take over in Sam and Jim's group?
3. How does Dan break his hip?
4. What does Jim point out to Dakin when he says that he will pick cotton when all of the apples are picked?
5. Why does Dakin call Mac cold-blooded?
6. What happens towards the end of Chapter 9 that Mac is blamed for?
7. What is the big mistake Mac claims that the vigilantes made in Chapter 9?
8. Why does Doc Burton make the remark about shooting Mac if he were the boss of the other side?
9. Why is Dan appearing to be losing his mind when Jim goes to speak with him?
10. Why is Dakin incarcerated for biting a cop?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)