|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
(b) Not fighting the men.
(c) Bluffing to the men.
(d) Soap-boxing to Jim.
2. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
(a) Rosanna Fights Stadium.
(b) The Party.
(c) The Growers' Association.
(d) The Tandale strike.
3. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
4. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
(a) The Growers' Association will give in to their demands.
(b) The Growers' Association will dissolve.
(c) The strikers will start their own association.
(d) The whole district is organized by spring.
5. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
(b) A tree-topper.
(c) An engineer.
(d) Crop supervisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
2. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
3. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
4. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
5. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, why does the checker offer Jim money in exchange for information? What information?
2. Why does Al use his business and his father's land to explain why he does not want to join the cause?
3. In Chapter 4, how is Mac's claim that the man who tries to scare you is usually scared of you an analogy to the strike?
4. How does Mac convince Anderson to let them use his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
5. In Chapter 7, why does Mac need Doc Burton to come and stay on the campsite with the strikers?
6. Why, according to Mac at the end of Chapter 7, will the whole valley burn if Anderson's farm is touched?
7. Why does Joy remind Jim of his father?
8. Why does Mac say that if Lisa had died the birthing experience would still have been worthwhile?
9. Why does Mac have the clothes burned after helping Lisa give birth?
10. What are the sounds playing at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)