|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
(a) The Propagandist.
(b) The Don Juan.
(c) The Instigator.
(d) The Du Barry.
2. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Signs his name on Jim's application.
(b) Folds the application into an envelope.
(c) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
(d) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
3. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
(a) He tried to break into a non-Party member's home.
(b) Non-Party members rode over his hand with a horse.
(c) He punched a non-Party member too hard.
(d) He fought off a police officer's dog.
4. What group of people does Dan reminisce about to Jim and Mac?
(b) Non-Party members.
(c) The Growers' Association.
(d) Party members.
5. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is going to be romancing the female sympathizers?
3. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
4. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
5. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the specific situation that occurred that Mac recounts as the reason for why Joy is "screwy."
2. Why does Mac say that if Lisa had died the birthing experience would still have been worthwhile?
3. Why does Mac have the clothes burned after helping Lisa give birth?
4. What is the situation in Torgas Valley with the Growers' Association and the pickers?
5. What does the orchard superintendent tell London to do?
6. Why does Al use his business and his father's land to explain why he does not want to join the cause?
7. Why does Jim think his mother died?
8. In Chapter 6, why does the checker offer Jim money in exchange for information? What information?
9. What are the sounds playing at the end of Chapter 6?
10. How does Dan break his hip?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)