|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
(a) The Growers' Association will give in to their demands.
(b) The whole district is organized by spring.
(c) The Growers' Association will dissolve.
(d) The strikers will start their own association.
2. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
(a) Reading a book in a tree.
(b) Swimming in a lake.
(c) A picnic.
(d) Riding his bike.
3. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Jim needs to buy jeans.
(b) The strikers need to be motivated.
(c) They need to buy supplies.
(d) Joy must be freed from jail.
4. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
(a) Crop supervisor.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A tree-topper.
5. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
(a) Passion for the cause.
(b) All of the books he has read.
(c) Physical ability.
(d) Hatred for the rat race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the orchard superintendent tell London to get rid of?
2. Who does Mac suggest for general chairman because he has a cooler head than London?
3. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
4. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
5. Who approaches Jim and Mac saying that the committee wants a report?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the specific situation that occurred that Mac recounts as the reason for why Joy is "screwy."
2. What happens towards the end of Chapter 9 that Mac is blamed for?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what kinds of necessities are built on the campsite.
4. Why does Mac say that if Lisa had died the birthing experience would still have been worthwhile?
5. What reason does Jim give Harry wanting to join the Party?
6. Why is Joy incarcerated in Chapter 3?
7. Why is Dakin incarcerated for biting a cop?
8. In Chapter 13, how does the reader see that there is a thin line between the migrant workers and the townspeople during the funeral march?
9. Why is Dan appearing to be losing his mind when Jim goes to speak with him?
10. What does the false headline in the paper claim that infuriates Mac?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)