|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
(a) The Party.
(b) The Tandale strike.
(c) Rosanna Fights Stadium.
(d) The Growers' Association.
2. Why are prices inflated at the company store?
(a) Lack of competition.
(c) Tax inflation.
(d) Economic crisis.
3. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
4. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Joy must be freed from jail.
(b) Jim needs to buy jeans.
(c) They need to buy supplies.
(d) The strikers need to be motivated.
5. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
(a) Document the birth in a journal.
(b) Take pictures.
(c) Burn the birthing clothes.
(d) Gather blankets and pillows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
3. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
4. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
5. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joy remind Jim of his father?
2. Why was Jim put in jail before coming to Harry?
3. What does the orchard superintendent tell London to do?
4. Why, according to Mac at the end of Chapter 7, will the whole valley burn if Anderson's farm is touched?
5. Why does Mac have the clothes burned after helping Lisa give birth?
6. Why is Dakin afraid of being involved in the strike?
7. In Chapter 4, how is Mac's claim that the man who tries to scare you is usually scared of you an analogy to the strike?
8. How does Mac convince Anderson to let them use his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
9. Why is field work so dangerous, according to Mac?
10. Why does Mac want to make sure that Doc Burton has no legal or civil problems?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)