|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops Jim and Mac on their way back from Anderson's land?
(a) Group of kids.
(b) Three vigilantes.
2. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
(a) Let him come back to the rooming house.
(b) Give him back his week's advance.
(c) Write him a good reference.
(d) Help him find a new apartment.
3. Who does the orchard superintendent tell London to get rid of?
(a) Jim and Dan.
(b) Mac and Jim.
(c) Doc Burton and Anderson.
(d) Dakin and his truck.
4. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
(a) One man.
(b) Two men.
(c) Three men.
(d) Four men.
5. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
2. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Mac warn will happen if Anderson's farm is touched at all?
3. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
4. What musical instrument is heard at the end of Chapter 6?
5. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim think his mother died?
2. Why, according to Mac at the end of Chapter 7, will the whole valley burn if Anderson's farm is touched?
3. What are the sounds playing at the end of Chapter 6?
4. Why does Mac have the clothes burned after helping Lisa give birth?
5. What is the specific situation that occurred that Mac recounts as the reason for why Joy is "screwy."
6. In Chapter 2, Jim reminisces about mysterious happenings during his childhood; how did this, according to Jim, affect his mother?
7. What reason does Jim give Harry wanting to join the Party?
8. In Chapter 7, why does Mac need Doc Burton to come and stay on the campsite with the strikers?
9. Why does Mac strategize about bringing a doctor onto the strikers' camping ground?
10. What does Jim point out to Dakin when he says that he will pick cotton when all of the apples are picked?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)