Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
(a) He wants a new start, different from everything.
(b) He wants to avenge his father and mother's deaths.
(c) He wants to eventually gain control of the Party.
(d) He wants to infiltrate the Party and destroy it.
2. What group of people does Dan reminisce about to Jim and Mac?
(a) The Growers' Association.
(b) Non-Party members.
(c) Party members.
3. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
(a) They were both hit too many times in the head.
(b) They were/are willing to die for the Party.
(c) They both understood what the Party needs.
(d) They simply like to fight.
4. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
(a) Sanitary bathrooms.
(c) A doctor.
5. Who does the orchard superintendent remind London is the judge?
(c) Doc Burton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
2. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
3. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
4. What does Mac think turned the deal with Al's father about using his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
5. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does group man take over in Sam and Jim's group?
2. Why does Mac want to make sure that Doc Burton has no legal or civil problems?
3. Why does Dakin call Mac cold-blooded?
4. How does Mac convince Anderson to let them use his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
5. In Chapter 5, what does Old Dan predict happening with the group of strikers in Torgas Valley? What does he mean by "water heaving before the boil"?
6. Why does Mac have the clothes burned after helping Lisa give birth?
7. After Jim tells a group of men about Joy being a kind of labor leader, what do they say in return?
8. Why does Al use his business and his father's land to explain why he does not want to join the cause?
9. Why does Mac decide against leaving Joy's coffin open during the funeral?
10. What does the orchard superintendent tell London to do?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)