|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Dan when he is trying to get out of the tree?
(a) Breaks his hip.
(b) Breaks his leg.
(c) Breaks his back.
(d) Breaks his ankle.
2. Who stops Jim and Mac on their way back from Anderson's land?
(c) Group of kids.
(d) Three vigilantes.
3. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
(a) Immediate and decisive.
(b) The band aid theory.
(c) Guerilla tactics.
(d) The long view.
4. What does Jim report to the checker as the cause of the anger among strikers?
(a) Unfair wages.
(b) A sack of rotten apples.
(c) Unsanitary conditions.
(d) Can of bad fish.
5. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
(a) Give him back his week's advance.
(b) Write him a good reference.
(c) Let him come back to the rooming house.
(d) Help him find a new apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
2. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
3. Who does Mac suggest for general chairman because he has a cooler head than London?
4. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
5. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mac want to make sure that Doc Burton has no legal or civil problems?
2. Why is Joy incarcerated in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Al use his business and his father's land to explain why he does not want to join the cause?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Old Dan predict happening with the group of strikers in Torgas Valley? What does he mean by "water heaving before the boil"?
5. What are the sounds playing at the end of Chapter 6?
6. What is the specific situation that occurred that Mac recounts as the reason for why Joy is "screwy."
7. How does Mac use the analogy of running new hunting dogs with old timers with Jim?
8. In Chapter 4, how is Mac's claim that the man who tries to scare you is usually scared of you an analogy to the strike?
9. Why is Dakin afraid of being involved in the strike?
10. Why does Jim not mind the hard work and life of Party members that Harry explains to him?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)