|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Hunted prey.
(b) Wily foxes.
(c) Hunting dogs.
(d) Observant owls.
2. Who does Mac suggest for general chairman because he has a cooler head than London?
(d) Doc Burton.
3. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
(a) It would have devastated the men.
(b) London would never speak to him again.
(c) It would have been worth the gamble.
(d) It was his greatest fear during the experience.
4. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
(b) He does not want Jim to read it.
(c) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
(d) The cops go through the place regularly.
5. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
(a) London's daughter-in-law.
(b) Al's girlfriend.
(c) London's daughter.
(d) Al's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Mac warn will happen if Anderson's farm is touched at all?
2. What musical instrument is heard at the end of Chapter 6?
3. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
5. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim not mind the hard work and life of Party members that Harry explains to him?
2. In Chapter 6, why does the checker offer Jim money in exchange for information? What information?
3. Why is Dakin afraid of being involved in the strike?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Old Dan predict happening with the group of strikers in Torgas Valley? What does he mean by "water heaving before the boil"?
5. How does Mac use the analogy of running new hunting dogs with old timers with Jim?
6. Why does Mac strategize about bringing a doctor onto the strikers' camping ground?
7. What reason does Jim give Harry wanting to join the Party?
8. In Chapter 7, why does Mac need Doc Burton to come and stay on the campsite with the strikers?
9. How does Mac convince Anderson to let them use his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
10. In Chapter 4, how is Mac's claim that the man who tries to scare you is usually scared of you an analogy to the strike?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)