|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac tell Doc Burton about the strike situation?
(a) It is the best situation he has seen in a long time.
(b) The strikers are guaranteed to prevail.
(c) It is a delicate situation and someone could get easily hurt.
(d) They will need more than one doctor.
2. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
(b) Signs his name on Jim's application.
(c) Folds the application into an envelope.
(d) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
3. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
(c) A doctor.
(d) Sanitary bathrooms.
4. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
(a) He keeps a cell phone on him.
(b) His people check employment agencies.
(c) He has spies on the train.
(d) He has microphones on the train.
5. Who does Mac suggest for general chairman because he has a cooler head than London?
(a) Doc Burton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
2. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
3. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
4. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
5. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mac decide against leaving Joy's coffin open during the funeral?
2. Why is field work so dangerous, according to Mac?
3. Why does Jim not mind the hard work and life of Party members that Harry explains to him?
4. What happens towards the end of Chapter 9 that Mac is blamed for?
5. What does Anderson do when he discovers his dogs have been lost to the barn fire?
6. Why does Jim think his mother died?
7. What does the paper say about the strikers at the beginning of Chapter 14?
8. What happens after Sam burns Hunter's house as retaliation for the vigilantes burning Anderson's farm.
9. In Chapter 13, how does the reader see that there is a thin line between the migrant workers and the townspeople during the funeral march?
10. In Chapter 15, why does Jim wish he could go somewhere new and start all over?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)