|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Mac want reassurance from Doc Burton that he has no civil or legal problems?
(c) His financial welfare.
(d) His job.
2. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Observant owls.
(b) Hunting dogs.
(c) Hunted prey.
(d) Wily foxes.
3. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) No one.
4. Who approaches Jim and Mac saying that the committee wants a report?
(a) The Growers' Association head.
(b) The Valley men.
(c) A troupe of officers.
(d) A private detective.
5. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
2. What does Mac tell Doc Burton about the strike situation?
3. Who does London name as Doc Burton's right-hand-man?
4. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
5. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, why does the checker offer Jim money in exchange for information? What information?
2. How does Mac use the analogy of running new hunting dogs with old timers with Jim?
3. When the sheriff arrives at the campsite, how does he intimidate the men?
4. What does Mac warn Bolter about when Bolter accuses him of being sent by Red headquarters?
5. Why is Dakin afraid of being involved in the strike?
6. Why is Joy incarcerated in Chapter 3?
7. Who is group man?
8. How does Mac convince Anderson to let them use his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
9. Why does Joy remind Jim of his father?
10. Why is Dan appearing to be losing his mind when Jim goes to speak with him?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)