|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lisa a little embarrassed when Jim stops to talk to her?
(a) He helped deliver her baby.
(b) He helped her when she was sick.
(c) He saw her getting changed.
(d) She yelled at him earlier.
2. What spaces themselves along the line of marchers at the train station?
(a) Political officials.
(b) Party members.
(c) Young kids.
(d) Deputies on motorcycles.
3. From whom does Jim claim he got his calm and cool demeanor?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Numerous bad experiences.
(d) Books he has read.
4. Who accuses Mac of being insensitive and cold-blooded after Mac says he wants to take Joy's body back to camp?
(a) Doc Burton.
5. Who leaves the camp to go sleep in the hospital?
(b) London's daughter-in-law.
(d) Mrs. Dakin.
6. At the end of Chapter 8, what does Mac say to Jim is the hardest part about what they do for the Party?
(a) No one trusts them.
(b) They are in over their heads.
(c) They can never back down.
(d) Everyone hates them.
7. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
(a) One hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
8. Who hops off the train and is shot three times?
(c) A scab.
9. How much does Bolter, the new president of the fruit Growers' Association, offer to raise the wages of the strikers?
(a) A dollar fifty.
(b) A dime.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A nickel.
10. What does Mac believe will help get the people on their side in light of Joy's death?
(a) A massive riot.
(b) Petitioning for funds.
(c) A public funeral.
(d) Posting pictures of Joy.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what day of the strike is it when the men organize a picket to meet the train?
(a) Day four.
(b) Day one.
(c) Day two.
(d) Day three.
12. What does Sam brag about being a part of?
(a) The Blood Thursday riot.
(b) A family of rioters.
(c) A gang of spies.
(d) The Portland Purge.
13. What does Doc Burton say he is almost out of?
14. What does Lisa observe about Dan when she visits him in his tent?
(a) He needs more food.
(b) He is dying.
(c) He needs another enema.
(d) He is getting better.
15. What does Mac wish he could get for Doc Burton?
(a) More armed guards.
(c) More disinfectant.
(d) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in London's tent when he invites Mac and Jim inside?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 14, what does the paper Mac picks up falsely accuse the strikers of?
3. What does Jim pass out to a group of men?
4. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
5. Who does Mac predict will soon join the Party?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)