|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is shot during the scuffle involving scabs?
2. What is delivered by truck to the camp?
(a) Joy's coffin.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how does Dick get the cows, the bull calf, and the lima beans?
(a) He bribes a farmer.
(b) He robs a bank.
(c) He romances an old lady.
(d) He raises funds from numerous sympathizers.
4. Who does Bolter accuse Mac of being sent by?
(a) Communist leaders.
(b) Russian intelligence.
(c) Red headquarters
(d) Non-Party members.
5. Who directs the sacrifice of the cows?
(c) Doc Burton.
6. Who disappears in Chapter 13?
(d) Doc Burton.
7. What does Sam brag about being a part of?
(a) A gang of spies.
(b) The Blood Thursday riot.
(c) The Portland Purge.
(d) A family of rioters.
8. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
(a) Group man.
(b) Animalistic tendencies.
(c) Angry man.
(d) Irrational thought.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what day of the strike is it when the men organize a picket to meet the train?
(a) Day four.
(b) Day one.
(c) Day three.
(d) Day two.
10. At the end of Chapter 10, who is beaten up by the vigilantes?
(c) Doc Burton.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 10, how do the men feel in the morning following Joy's death?
12. To whom does Mac write a letter asking for help?
13. How much does Bolter, the new president of the fruit Growers' Association, offer to raise the wages of the strikers?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A dime.
(c) A nickel.
(d) A dollar fifty.
14. What does Mac tell Jim about winning the strike and the cause?
(a) Winning is not all they are after.
(b) They are only doing it for show.
(c) They do not care about winning.
(d) Winning is all that matters.
15. How many men does it take to pick and clear Anderson's crop?
(a) Five hundred.
(b) Nine hundred.
(c) Seven hundred.
(d) Four hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac want to do for retaliation against what is set on fire?
2. How does Jim elude the cops after he and Mac go to talk to the deputies?
3. What does Doc Burton observe about Mac and the way he is around the men?
4. What does London do to an outside agitator that tries to get the crowd to attack him?
5. Why does Dakin lose his mind, bite a cop, and end up incarcerated?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)