|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Bolter, the new president of the fruit Growers' Association, offer to raise the wages of the strikers?
(a) A dime.
(b) A dollar.
(c) A dollar fifty.
(d) A nickel.
2. In Chapter 11, what is the incident that Mac claims will enrage the men?
(a) Another death.
(b) Doc Burton quits.
(c) Inedible food.
(d) Secret land mines.
3. Who goes with the group that includes Sam?
4. Who disappears in Chapter 13?
(b) Doc Burton.
5. How does Jim elude the cops after he and Mac go to talk to the deputies?
(a) Hides behind a rock.
(b) Jumps on to a moving train.
(c) Climbs up a tree.
(d) Dives into a river.
6. At the end of Chapter 10, who is beaten up by the vigilantes?
(a) Doc Burton.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 14, what does the paper Mac picks up falsely accuse the strikers of?
(a) Committing all acts of violence.
(b) Destroying Joy's body.
(c) Assassinating non-Party members.
(d) Holding people hostage.
8. To what does Doc Burton compare Jim's feelings toward the cause that offends Jim?
9. How many men does it take to pick and clear Anderson's crop?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Nine hundred.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) Seven hundred.
10. Who is elected squad leader?
(d) Doc Burton.
11. What does Lisa tell Jim because she feels close to him?
12. What image ends Chapter 11?
(a) Flickering flames.
(b) A candle going out.
(c) London's nephew.
(d) An owl in the night,
13. What name does the paper call the pickers?
(a) Cotton deviants.
(c) Fruit tramps.
(d) Dirty vagabonds.
14. Who does Mac predict will soon join the Party?
(a) Doc Burton.
(b) Mrs. Dakin.
15. What does Mac think about Doc Burton in terms of his beliefs?
(a) He is not convicted enough to his beliefs.
(b) He is too far left.
(c) He does not know enough about the Party.
(d) He is too narrow minded.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
2. Why does Doc Burton think Dan is upset?
3. What does Jim pass out to a group of men?
4. After Dick believes he is spotted for vagrancy, who does he send for to replace him?
5. Why is Lisa a little embarrassed when Jim stops to talk to her?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)