|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Doc Burton view civil disobedience and strikes?
(a) As poison.
(b) As necessary.
(c) As a relief.
(d) As an infection.
2. What does Sam brag about being a part of?
(a) The Portland Purge.
(b) A family of rioters.
(c) The Blood Thursday riot.
(d) A gang of spies.
3. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Mac caution the men not to eat but they eat anyway because of hunger?
(d) Raw pork.
4. What does Doc Burton say he is almost out of?
5. What does Mac notice as strange when he looks up at the watchers on the nearby buildings?
(a) They are armed.
(b) There are no women.
(c) They are not armed.
(d) They are crying.
6. Who leaves the camp to go sleep in the hospital?
(a) London's daughter-in-law.
(c) Mrs. Dakin.
7. Why does Mac think he should put Joy on public display during the funeral march?
(a) To fire up the men.
(b) For dramatics.
(c) To drum up sympathizers.
(d) To make non-Party members feel bad.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Mac drape over Joy's coffin?
(a) Letters from sympathizers.
(b) Rose petals.
(c) A red, velvet blanket.
(d) An American flag.
9. Where does the paper accuse the strikers of coming from?
(d) South America.
10. What does Jim pass out to a group of men?
(b) Nutrition bars.
11. Who decides to join the Party?
(a) Mrs. Dakin.
12. Who hops off the train and is shot three times?
(a) A scab.
13. From whom does Jim claim he got his calm and cool demeanor?
(a) Books he has read.
(b) Numerous bad experiences.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
14. Who does Bolter accuse Mac of being sent by?
(a) Communist leaders.
(b) Red headquarters
(c) Russian intelligence.
(d) Non-Party members.
15. What spaces themselves along the line of marchers at the train station?
(a) Deputies on motorcycles.
(b) Political officials.
(c) Young kids.
(d) Party members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisa observe about Dan when she visits him in his tent?
2. What is in London's tent when he invites Mac and Jim inside?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what day of the strike is it when the men organize a picket to meet the train?
4. Who accuses Mac of being insensitive and cold-blooded after Mac says he wants to take Joy's body back to camp?
5. Why is Dan seeming to lose his mind, according to Doc Burton?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)