|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 13, who is madly raving and needs an enema?
2. What does Sam claim to be blacklisted as?
(a) A longshoreman.
(b) An assassin.
(c) A sympathizer.
(d) A turncoat.
3. Where does the paper accuse the strikers of coming from?
(c) South America.
4. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Mac caution the men not to eat but they eat anyway because of hunger?
(a) Raw pork.
5. To whom does Mac write a letter asking for help?
6. How many men are in the squads sent out?
7. What does Doc Burton say to Mac about Joy's body?
(a) It can be revived.
(b) It cannot be cremated.
(c) It must be released to a coroner.
(d) It need to be buried immediately.
8. What does London do to an outside agitator that tries to get the crowd to attack him?
(a) He denounces him as a scab.
(b) He shatters the man's jaw.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He turns the crowd on him.
9. What is in London's tent when he invites Mac and Jim inside?
(a) Canned peaches.
(b) Raw meat.
(c) Canned sardines.
(d) Stacks of bananas.
10. Who does Mac predict will soon join the Party?
(b) Doc Burton.
(c) Mrs. Dakin.
11. What are the men doing before that they have to be sent out to do something?
(a) Becoming depressed.
(b) Breaking the strike.
(c) Losing faith in the cause.
(d) Fighting among themselves.
12. What does Mac want from the strike chairman after seeing the false newspaper headline?
(a) Food and supplies.
(b) Guns and ammunition.
(c) A signed paper that says the truth.
(d) A written and public apology.
13. How does Jim elude the cops after he and Mac go to talk to the deputies?
(a) Hides behind a rock.
(b) Dives into a river.
(c) Jumps on to a moving train.
(d) Climbs up a tree.
14. Where does Mac send Sam after he has killed his captor and escaped?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the Valley headquarters.
(c) To the next outbound train.
(d) To a hideout and a sympathizer.
15. Who directs the sacrifice of the cows?
(a) Doc Burton.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Jim claim he got his calm and cool demeanor?
2. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
3. What does Mac think about Doc Burton in terms of his beliefs?
4. Why is Lisa a little embarrassed when Jim stops to talk to her?
5. What does Doc Burton say he is almost out of?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)