|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What spaces themselves along the line of marchers at the train station?
(a) Young kids.
(b) Party members.
(c) Political officials.
(d) Deputies on motorcycles.
2. Where does the paper accuse the strikers of coming from?
(a) South America.
3. Who disappears in Chapter 13?
(a) Doc Burton.
4. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Mac caution the men not to eat but they eat anyway because of hunger?
(b) Raw pork.
5. What image ends Chapter 11?
(a) A candle going out.
(b) Flickering flames.
(c) An owl in the night,
(d) London's nephew.
6. At the end of Chapter 10, what historical battle does Jim tell Mac to calm his worries?
(a) Battle of Iwo Jima.
(b) Battle of Marathon.
(c) Battle of Thermopylae.
(d) Battle of Salamis.
7. What is in London's tent when he invites Mac and Jim inside?
(a) Canned sardines.
(b) Canned peaches.
(c) Raw meat.
(d) Stacks of bananas.
8. What are the squads of men being sent out to do?
(a) Find strikebreakers.
(b) Kill non-Party members.
(c) Raise funds for Joy's funeral.
(d) Mourn Joy.
9. At the end of Chapter 8, what does Mac say to Jim is the hardest part about what they do for the Party?
(a) They are in over their heads.
(b) They can never back down.
(c) No one trusts them.
(d) Everyone hates them.
10. What does Doc Burton say he is almost out of?
11. After Dick believes he is spotted for vagrancy, who does he send for to replace him?
12. What does London do to an outside agitator that tries to get the crowd to attack him?
(a) He turns the crowd on him.
(b) He shatters the man's jaw.
(c) He denounces him as a scab.
(d) He shoots him.
13. What is set on fire that enrages the men and sparks the impending riot?
(a) Anderson's barn.
(b) Joy's coffin.
(c) The men's food.
(d) Doc Burton's tent.
14. What does Mac want from the strike chairman after seeing the false newspaper headline?
(a) A written and public apology.
(b) A signed paper that says the truth.
(c) Guns and ammunition.
(d) Food and supplies.
15. Who decides to join the Party?
(c) Mrs. Dakin.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
2. How many men are in the squads sent out?
3. What does Doc claim he would do if he were the boss of the other side?
4. What does Doc Burton observe about Mac and the way he is around the men?
5. What does Sam brag about being a part of?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)