|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mac explain vigilantes to Jim; what are they?
(a) Men who are bored.
(b) Guys who like to hurt people.
(d) Men without direction.
2. How many men does it take to pick and clear Anderson's crop?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Nine hundred.
(d) Seven hundred.
3. What does Mac hope will happen once again, the same as with Burke, to incite the men to fight?
(a) Rebelling against the cause.
(b) Spilling a little blood.
(c) Becoming a turncoat.
(d) Dying for the cause.
4. What does Mac wish he could get for Doc Burton?
(a) More armed guards.
(b) More disinfectant.
(d) A woman.
5. How does Jim elude the cops after he and Mac go to talk to the deputies?
(a) Climbs up a tree.
(b) Jumps on to a moving train.
(c) Hides behind a rock.
(d) Dives into a river.
6. What does Mac tell Jim about winning the strike and the cause?
(a) Winning is not all they are after.
(b) Winning is all that matters.
(c) They are only doing it for show.
(d) They do not care about winning.
7. What does Mac want from the strike chairman after seeing the false newspaper headline?
(a) A written and public apology.
(b) Guns and ammunition.
(c) Food and supplies.
(d) A signed paper that says the truth.
8. In Chapter 11, what is the incident that Mac claims will enrage the men?
(a) Another death.
(b) Secret land mines.
(c) Inedible food.
(d) Doc Burton quits.
9. Why does Doc Burton think Dan is upset?
(a) Dan is not able to go to the funeral.
(b) Dan's hip is not healing.
(c) Dan is not able to walk well.
(d) Dan is not able to say goodbye to Joy.
10. Why is Dan seeming to lose his mind, according to Doc Burton?
(a) He has not eaten.
(b) He took pills.
(c) He ate bad meat.
(d) He is constipated.
11. What does Mac notice as strange when he looks up at the watchers on the nearby buildings?
(a) They are armed.
(b) They are not armed.
(c) There are no women.
(d) They are crying.
12. How many men are in the squads sent out?
13. At the end of Chapter 10, what historical battle does Jim tell Mac to calm his worries?
(a) Battle of Marathon.
(b) Battle of Salamis.
(c) Battle of Thermopylae.
(d) Battle of Iwo Jima.
14. Why is Lisa a little embarrassed when Jim stops to talk to her?
(a) He helped her when she was sick.
(b) He helped deliver her baby.
(c) He saw her getting changed.
(d) She yelled at him earlier.
15. What does Lisa observe about Dan when she visits him in his tent?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He needs more food.
(c) He needs another enema.
(d) He is getting better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is elected squad leader?
2. What image ends Chapter 11?
3. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
4. To what does Doc Burton compare Jim's feelings toward the cause that offends Jim?
5. Who does Bolter accuse Mac of being sent by?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)