|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
(a) 12 p.m.
(b) 5 p.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 9 a.m.
2. What does London suggest that Mac do for Joy's funeral in the morning?
(a) Divert attention from Joy to the cause.
(b) Make the speech.
(c) Lead the march.
(d) Start a riot.
3. At the end of Chapter 10, who is beaten up by the vigilantes?
(c) Doc Burton.
4. What is set on fire that enrages the men and sparks the impending riot?
(a) Doc Burton's tent.
(b) The men's food.
(c) Anderson's barn.
(d) Joy's coffin.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how does Dick get the cows, the bull calf, and the lima beans?
(a) He robs a bank.
(b) He bribes a farmer.
(c) He raises funds from numerous sympathizers.
(d) He romances an old lady.
6. What does Sam claim to be blacklisted as?
(a) A longshoreman.
(b) A sympathizer.
(c) A turncoat.
(d) An assassin.
7. What name does the paper call the pickers?
(a) Fruit tramps.
(b) Cotton deviants.
(c) Dirty vagabonds.
8. What are the squads of men being sent out to do?
(a) Find strikebreakers.
(b) Raise funds for Joy's funeral.
(c) Kill non-Party members.
(d) Mourn Joy.
9. What does Mac want to do for retaliation against what is set on fire?
(a) Put Joy's body on display.
(b) Assassinate the Valley owners.
(c) Burn Hunter's house.
(d) Beat up strikebreakers.
10. What are the deputies on the road complaining about and might start shooting back at?
(b) Land mines.
(c) Rock throwers.
(d) Armored trucks.
11. How does Jim elude the cops after he and Mac go to talk to the deputies?
(a) Dives into a river.
(b) Hides behind a rock.
(c) Jumps on to a moving train.
(d) Climbs up a tree.
12. What does Mac hope will happen once again, the same as with Burke, to incite the men to fight?
(a) Dying for the cause.
(b) Spilling a little blood.
(c) Becoming a turncoat.
(d) Rebelling against the cause.
13. What reminds Mac that Doc Burton needs protection in the camp?
(a) Everyone hates him.
(b) Everyone likes him.
(c) He is not a likable person.
(d) He commands little respect.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Mac have the men doing at the camp before the strikers arrive?
(a) Set up tents.
(b) Gather food.
(c) Dig latrines.
(d) Raise funds.
15. Who decides to join the Party?
(c) Mrs. Dakin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mac send Sam after he has killed his captor and escaped?
2. What do the group of men complain about having to do?
3. Why is Dan seeming to lose his mind, according to Doc Burton?
4. What does Lisa tell Jim because she feels close to him?
5. Who has left the camp?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)