|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does London suggest that Mac do for Joy's funeral in the morning?
(a) Lead the march.
(b) Start a riot.
(c) Divert attention from Joy to the cause.
(d) Make the speech.
2. Who hops off the train and is shot three times?
(c) A scab.
3. What image ends Chapter 11?
(a) London's nephew.
(b) Flickering flames.
(c) A candle going out.
(d) An owl in the night,
4. Who does Bolter accuse Mac of being sent by?
(a) Red headquarters
(b) Non-Party members.
(c) Russian intelligence.
(d) Communist leaders.
5. What name does the paper call the pickers?
(a) Dirty vagabonds.
(b) Cotton deviants.
(d) Fruit tramps.
6. Why does Mac think he should put Joy on public display during the funeral march?
(a) To fire up the men.
(b) To make non-Party members feel bad.
(c) For dramatics.
(d) To drum up sympathizers.
7. Who leaves the camp to go sleep in the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Dakin.
(c) London's daughter-in-law.
8. Who do the group of men decide is the next labor leader to die following Joy?
9. At the end of Chapter 10, who is beaten up by the vigilantes?
(b) Doc Burton.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Mac drape over Joy's coffin?
(a) A red, velvet blanket.
(b) Rose petals.
(c) Letters from sympathizers.
(d) An American flag.
11. Where does the paper accuse the strikers of coming from?
(d) South America.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Mac have the men doing at the camp before the strikers arrive?
(a) Raise funds.
(b) Dig latrines.
(c) Gather food.
(d) Set up tents.
13. What does Mac claim the men will feel even if they lose the fight?
14. What does Mac notice as strange when he looks up at the watchers on the nearby buildings?
(a) They are crying.
(b) They are not armed.
(c) There are no women.
(d) They are armed.
15. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
(a) 12 p.m.
(b) 9 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 5 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 13, who is madly raving and needs an enema?
2. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
3. Who directs the sacrifice of the cows?
4. Why does Dakin lose his mind, bite a cop, and end up incarcerated?
5. Who disappears in Chapter 13?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)