|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in London's tent when he invites Mac and Jim inside?
(a) Stacks of bananas.
(b) Canned peaches.
(c) Raw meat.
(d) Canned sardines.
2. Who do the group of men decide is the next labor leader to die following Joy?
3. What does Mac believe will help get the people on their side in light of Joy's death?
(a) A public funeral.
(b) A massive riot.
(c) Posting pictures of Joy.
(d) Petitioning for funds.
4. What do the group of men complain about having to do?
(a) Dig their own latrines.
(b) Make appointments with Doc Burton.
(c) Hunt for their own food.
(d) Wait three days to bury Joy.
5. From whom does Jim claim he got his calm and cool demeanor?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) Books he has read.
(d) Numerous bad experiences.
6. To whom does Mac write a letter asking for help?
7. Why is Dan seeming to lose his mind, according to Doc Burton?
(a) He ate bad meat.
(b) He took pills.
(c) He has not eaten.
(d) He is constipated.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what day of the strike is it when the men organize a picket to meet the train?
(a) Day one.
(b) Day two.
(c) Day four.
(d) Day three.
9. To what does Doc Burton compare Jim's feelings toward the cause that offends Jim?
10. Where does Mac send Sam after he has killed his captor and escaped?
(a) To the next outbound train.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To the Valley headquarters.
(d) To a hideout and a sympathizer.
11. What spaces themselves along the line of marchers at the train station?
(a) Party members.
(b) Young kids.
(c) Political officials.
(d) Deputies on motorcycles.
12. Why does Mac decide against putting Joy on public display during the funeral march?
(a) Mac is scared of the repercussions.
(b) Mac does not want the body to be ruined.
(c) Mac does not want anyone shooting at it.
(d) Joy looks too peaceful.
13. What does London offer to give the men to eat at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Lentil soup.
(b) Raw meat.
(c) Fruit and vegetables.
(d) Peaches and sardines.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 14, what does the paper Mac picks up falsely accuse the strikers of?
(a) Committing all acts of violence.
(b) Assassinating non-Party members.
(c) Destroying Joy's body.
(d) Holding people hostage.
15. How much does Bolter, the new president of the fruit Growers' Association, offer to raise the wages of the strikers?
(a) A dime.
(b) A dollar.
(c) A dollar fifty.
(d) A nickel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is elected squad leader?
2. What does Sam claim to be blacklisted as?
3. Who directs the sacrifice of the cows?
4. Who hops off the train and is shot three times?
5. Who does Bolter accuse Mac of being sent by?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)