|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 5 p.m.
(c) 12 p.m.
(d) 9 a.m.
2. What are the squads of men being sent out to do?
(a) Raise funds for Joy's funeral.
(b) Mourn Joy.
(c) Kill non-Party members.
(d) Find strikebreakers.
3. At the end of Chapter 13, who is madly raving and needs an enema?
4. Who decides to join the Party?
(a) Mrs. Dakin.
5. What is Mac worried about the morning following Joy's death?
(a) Joy not being remembered.
(b) No one caring about Joy.
(c) More men dying.
(d) The strike breaking.
6. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
(a) Irrational thought.
(b) Animalistic tendencies.
(c) Angry man.
(d) Group man.
7. How does Mac explain vigilantes to Jim; what are they?
(a) Guys who like to hurt people.
(b) Men who are bored.
(c) Men without direction.
8. Why is Dan seeming to lose his mind, according to Doc Burton?
(a) He took pills.
(b) He ate bad meat.
(c) He has not eaten.
(d) He is constipated.
9. What spaces themselves along the line of marchers at the train station?
(a) Party members.
(b) Young kids.
(c) Political officials.
(d) Deputies on motorcycles.
10. From whom does Jim claim he got his calm and cool demeanor?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Books he has read.
(d) Numerous bad experiences.
11. What does Jim pass out to a group of men?
(b) Nutrition bars.
12. What does Mac believe will help get the people on their side in light of Joy's death?
(a) A public funeral.
(b) Petitioning for funds.
(c) Posting pictures of Joy.
(d) A massive riot.
13. How many men are in the squads sent out?
14. What does Mac notice as strange when he looks up at the watchers on the nearby buildings?
(a) They are crying.
(b) They are armed.
(c) There are no women.
(d) They are not armed.
15. What name does the paper call the pickers?
(a) Dirty vagabonds.
(c) Cotton deviants.
(d) Fruit tramps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image ends Chapter 11?
2. What does Mac hope will happen once again, the same as with Burke, to incite the men to fight?
3. What does Doc Burton observe about Mac and the way he is around the men?
4. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Mac caution the men not to eat but they eat anyway because of hunger?
5. After Dick believes he is spotted for vagrancy, who does he send for to replace him?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)