|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim elude the cops after he and Mac go to talk to the deputies?
(a) Jumps on to a moving train.
(b) Dives into a river.
(c) Hides behind a rock.
(d) Climbs up a tree.
2. Where does the paper accuse the strikers of coming from?
(d) South America.
3. What are the men doing before that they have to be sent out to do something?
(a) Becoming depressed.
(b) Fighting among themselves.
(c) Breaking the strike.
(d) Losing faith in the cause.
4. Where is the hideout that Mac tells Jim about in case either of them is seized?
(a) On a boat.
(b) On a train.
(c) In an abandoned building.
(d) Under a bridge.
5. Who leaves the camp to go sleep in the hospital?
(c) London's daughter-in-law.
(d) Mrs. Dakin.
6. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
(b) One hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
7. What does London offer to give the men to eat at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Fruit and vegetables.
(b) Peaches and sardines.
(c) Lentil soup.
(d) Raw meat.
8. Who disappears in Chapter 13?
(c) Doc Burton.
9. Why does Mac decide against putting Joy on public display during the funeral march?
(a) Mac does not want anyone shooting at it.
(b) Joy looks too peaceful.
(c) Mac is scared of the repercussions.
(d) Mac does not want the body to be ruined.
10. How does Mac explain vigilantes to Jim; what are they?
(a) Guys who like to hurt people.
(b) Men who are bored.
(d) Men without direction.
11. What does Doc claim he would do if he were the boss of the other side?
(a) Help out the strikers.
(b) Not allow the funeral.
(c) Shoot Mac.
(d) Apologize for Joy.
12. What does Mac hope will happen once again, the same as with Burke, to incite the men to fight?
(a) Rebelling against the cause.
(b) Becoming a turncoat.
(c) Dying for the cause.
(d) Spilling a little blood.
13. What is in London's tent when he invites Mac and Jim inside?
(a) Stacks of bananas.
(b) Canned peaches.
(c) Raw meat.
(d) Canned sardines.
14. What does Doc Burton say to Mac about Joy's body?
(a) It need to be buried immediately.
(b) It can be revived.
(c) It must be released to a coroner.
(d) It cannot be cremated.
15. What spaces themselves along the line of marchers at the train station?
(a) Young kids.
(b) Party members.
(c) Deputies on motorcycles.
(d) Political officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Mac drape over Joy's coffin?
2. To whom does Mac write a letter asking for help?
3. What reminds Mac that Doc Burton needs protection in the camp?
4. What does Mac believe will help get the people on their side in light of Joy's death?
5. How many men does it take to pick and clear Anderson's crop?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)