|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
(a) Animalistic tendencies.
(b) Irrational thought.
(c) Angry man.
(d) Group man.
2. From whom does Jim claim he got his calm and cool demeanor?
(a) Books he has read.
(b) Numerous bad experiences.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. What does London do to an outside agitator that tries to get the crowd to attack him?
(a) He turns the crowd on him.
(b) He denounces him as a scab.
(c) He shatters the man's jaw.
(d) He shoots him.
4. What does Doc claim he would do if he were the boss of the other side?
(a) Not allow the funeral.
(b) Shoot Mac.
(c) Help out the strikers.
(d) Apologize for Joy.
5. What does Mac notice as strange when he looks up at the watchers on the nearby buildings?
(a) They are not armed.
(b) There are no women.
(c) They are crying.
(d) They are armed.
6. What does Mac wish he could get for Doc Burton?
(a) A woman.
(b) More armed guards.
(d) More disinfectant.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Mac drape over Joy's coffin?
(a) A red, velvet blanket.
(b) An American flag.
(c) Letters from sympathizers.
(d) Rose petals.
8. What does Jim pass out to a group of men?
(b) Nutrition bars.
9. What does Lisa observe about Dan when she visits him in his tent?
(a) He needs more food.
(b) He needs another enema.
(c) He is getting better.
(d) He is dying.
10. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 5 p.m.
(c) 12 p.m.
(d) 9 a.m.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what day of the strike is it when the men organize a picket to meet the train?
(a) Day four.
(b) Day two.
(c) Day one.
(d) Day three.
12. Why does Mac think he should put Joy on public display during the funeral march?
(a) For dramatics.
(b) To make non-Party members feel bad.
(c) To drum up sympathizers.
(d) To fire up the men.
13. What are the men doing before that they have to be sent out to do something?
(a) Fighting among themselves.
(b) Becoming depressed.
(c) Breaking the strike.
(d) Losing faith in the cause.
14. Who goes with the group that includes Sam?
15. At the end of Chapter 10, what historical battle does Jim tell Mac to calm his worries?
(a) Battle of Marathon.
(b) Battle of Iwo Jima.
(c) Battle of Salamis.
(d) Battle of Thermopylae.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the group of men complain about having to do?
2. What does Mac tell Jim about winning the strike and the cause?
3. What does Doc Burton say he is almost out of?
4. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
5. What are the deputies on the road complaining about and might start shooting back at?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)