|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam claim to be blacklisted as?
(a) A longshoreman.
(b) An assassin.
(c) A turncoat.
(d) A sympathizer.
2. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
(a) Animalistic tendencies.
(b) Group man.
(c) Irrational thought.
(d) Angry man.
3. At the end of Chapter 12, who takes over during London's speech as he stumbles over his words?
(c) Doc Burton.
4. What does Lisa tell Jim because she feels close to him?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 10, how do the men feel in the morning following Joy's death?
6. What does Mac claim the men will feel even if they lose the fight?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what day of the strike is it when the men organize a picket to meet the train?
(a) Day one.
(b) Day two.
(c) Day four.
(d) Day three.
8. What image ends Chapter 11?
(a) London's nephew.
(b) A candle going out.
(c) Flickering flames.
(d) An owl in the night,
9. What does London offer to give the men to eat at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Fruit and vegetables.
(b) Raw meat.
(c) Peaches and sardines.
(d) Lentil soup.
10. What does Doc Burton say he is almost out of?
11. Who leaves the camp to go sleep in the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Dakin.
(b) London's daughter-in-law.
12. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 5 p.m.
(c) 9 a.m.
(d) 12 p.m.
13. Who hops off the train and is shot three times?
(d) A scab.
14. How much does Bolter, the new president of the fruit Growers' Association, offer to raise the wages of the strikers?
(a) A dime.
(b) A nickel.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A dollar fifty.
15. What does Mac notice as strange when he looks up at the watchers on the nearby buildings?
(a) They are not armed.
(b) There are no women.
(c) They are armed.
(d) They are crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
2. To what does Doc Burton compare Jim's feelings toward the cause that offends Jim?
3. Why does Mac think he should put Joy on public display during the funeral march?
4. How does Mac explain vigilantes to Jim; what are they?
5. What do the group of men complain about having to do?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)