|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is delivered by truck to the camp?
(d) Joy's coffin.
2. Who goes with the group that includes Sam?
3. What does Mac notice as strange when he looks up at the watchers on the nearby buildings?
(a) They are not armed.
(b) There are no women.
(c) They are crying.
(d) They are armed.
4. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
(a) To keep the men together.
(b) To cremate his body.
(c) To keep Joy's body from the non-Party members.
(d) To remove the bullets out commemorative decoration.
5. Who leaves the camp to go sleep in the hospital?
(b) Mrs. Dakin.
(d) London's daughter-in-law.
6. What does Lisa tell Jim because she feels close to him?
7. What does London do to an outside agitator that tries to get the crowd to attack him?
(a) He shatters the man's jaw.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He denounces him as a scab.
(d) He turns the crowd on him.
8. What does Mac want from the strike chairman after seeing the false newspaper headline?
(a) A written and public apology.
(b) A signed paper that says the truth.
(c) Food and supplies.
(d) Guns and ammunition.
9. Who disappears in Chapter 13?
(d) Doc Burton.
10. What does Mac tell Jim about winning the strike and the cause?
(a) They do not care about winning.
(b) They are only doing it for show.
(c) Winning is not all they are after.
(d) Winning is all that matters.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 10, how do the men feel in the morning following Joy's death?
12. To what does Doc Burton compare Jim's feelings toward the cause that offends Jim?
13. At the beginning of Chapter 14, what does the paper Mac picks up falsely accuse the strikers of?
(a) Holding people hostage.
(b) Committing all acts of violence.
(c) Assassinating non-Party members.
(d) Destroying Joy's body.
14. How does Mac explain vigilantes to Jim; what are they?
(a) Guys who like to hurt people.
(c) Men without direction.
(d) Men who are bored.
15. Why does Mac decide against putting Joy on public display during the funeral march?
(a) Joy looks too peaceful.
(b) Mac does not want the body to be ruined.
(c) Mac does not want anyone shooting at it.
(d) Mac is scared of the repercussions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam brag about being a part of?
2. What spaces themselves along the line of marchers at the train station?
3. Who decides to join the Party?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Mac drape over Joy's coffin?
5. What reminds Mac that Doc Burton needs protection in the camp?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)