|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Mac caution the men not to eat but they eat anyway because of hunger?
(b) Raw pork.
2. What does Mac want to do for retaliation against what is set on fire?
(a) Beat up strikebreakers.
(b) Assassinate the Valley owners.
(c) Burn Hunter's house.
(d) Put Joy's body on display.
3. Why does Mac decide against putting Joy on public display during the funeral march?
(a) Mac does not want anyone shooting at it.
(b) Mac does not want the body to be ruined.
(c) Mac is scared of the repercussions.
(d) Joy looks too peaceful.
4. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
5. Who do the group of men decide is the next labor leader to die following Joy?
6. What does Doc Burton observe about Mac and the way he is around the men?
(a) He is not consistent with his lectures.
(b) He changes constantly.
(c) He contradicts himself all the time.
(d) He always sounds like his audience.
7. Who decides to join the Party?
(a) Mrs. Dakin.
8. How many men are in the squads sent out?
9. How does Doc Burton view civil disobedience and strikes?
(a) As a relief.
(b) As poison.
(c) As an infection.
(d) As necessary.
10. At the end of Chapter 12, who takes over during London's speech as he stumbles over his words?
(b) Doc Burton.
11. Where is the hideout that Mac tells Jim about in case either of them is seized?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) On a boat.
(c) On a train.
(d) In an abandoned building.
12. What are the squads of men being sent out to do?
(a) Find strikebreakers.
(b) Kill non-Party members.
(c) Mourn Joy.
(d) Raise funds for Joy's funeral.
13. What does Mac tell Jim about winning the strike and the cause?
(a) They are only doing it for show.
(b) Winning is all that matters.
(c) They do not care about winning.
(d) Winning is not all they are after.
14. What is Mac worried about the morning following Joy's death?
(a) The strike breaking.
(b) No one caring about Joy.
(c) More men dying.
(d) Joy not being remembered.
15. Who does Bolter accuse Mac of being sent by?
(a) Non-Party members.
(b) Russian intelligence.
(c) Communist leaders.
(d) Red headquarters
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with the group that includes Sam?
2. What does Lisa observe about Dan when she visits him in his tent?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 10, how do the men feel in the morning following Joy's death?
4. What spaces themselves along the line of marchers at the train station?
5. What does Mac claim the men will feel even if they lose the fight?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)