|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men doing before that they have to be sent out to do something?
(a) Fighting among themselves.
(b) Losing faith in the cause.
(c) Breaking the strike.
(d) Becoming depressed.
2. At the end of Chapter 12, who takes over during London's speech as he stumbles over his words?
(b) Doc Burton.
3. How much does Bolter, the new president of the fruit Growers' Association, offer to raise the wages of the strikers?
(a) A dollar fifty.
(b) A dime.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A nickel.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how does Dick get the cows, the bull calf, and the lima beans?
(a) He romances an old lady.
(b) He robs a bank.
(c) He bribes a farmer.
(d) He raises funds from numerous sympathizers.
5. How many men are in the squads sent out?
6. Who goes with the group that includes Sam?
7. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
(a) Irrational thought.
(b) Animalistic tendencies.
(c) Group man.
(d) Angry man.
8. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
(a) To keep the men together.
(b) To keep Joy's body from the non-Party members.
(c) To cremate his body.
(d) To remove the bullets out commemorative decoration.
9. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
(a) 12 p.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 5 p.m.
(d) 9 a.m.
10. What does Doc claim he would do if he were the boss of the other side?
(a) Help out the strikers.
(b) Apologize for Joy.
(c) Not allow the funeral.
(d) Shoot Mac.
11. Who is shot during the scuffle involving scabs?
12. Where does the paper accuse the strikers of coming from?
(b) South America.
13. What is set on fire that enrages the men and sparks the impending riot?
(a) Doc Burton's tent.
(b) Joy's coffin.
(c) The men's food.
(d) Anderson's barn.
14. How does Doc Burton view civil disobedience and strikes?
(a) As a relief.
(b) As an infection.
(c) As poison.
(d) As necessary.
15. Who hops off the train and is shot three times?
(a) A scab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does London offer to give the men to eat at the end of Chapter 14?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 14, what does the paper Mac picks up falsely accuse the strikers of?
3. Why is Lisa a little embarrassed when Jim stops to talk to her?
4. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
5. Why does Mac think he should put Joy on public display during the funeral march?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)