|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in London's tent when he invites Mac and Jim inside?
(a) Canned sardines.
(b) Raw meat.
(c) Canned peaches.
(d) Stacks of bananas.
2. At the end of Chapter 8, what does Mac say to Jim is the hardest part about what they do for the Party?
(a) They are in over their heads.
(b) Everyone hates them.
(c) They can never back down.
(d) No one trusts them.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 14, what does the paper Mac picks up falsely accuse the strikers of?
(a) Assassinating non-Party members.
(b) Committing all acts of violence.
(c) Holding people hostage.
(d) Destroying Joy's body.
4. How much does Bolter, the new president of the fruit Growers' Association, offer to raise the wages of the strikers?
(a) A dime.
(b) A dollar.
(c) A dollar fifty.
(d) A nickel.
5. Why is Dan seeming to lose his mind, according to Doc Burton?
(a) He ate bad meat.
(b) He has not eaten.
(c) He is constipated.
(d) He took pills.
6. Why does Mac think he should put Joy on public display during the funeral march?
(a) To drum up sympathizers.
(b) To make non-Party members feel bad.
(c) To fire up the men.
(d) For dramatics.
7. Why does Mac decide against putting Joy on public display during the funeral march?
(a) Mac does not want the body to be ruined.
(b) Mac is scared of the repercussions.
(c) Mac does not want anyone shooting at it.
(d) Joy looks too peaceful.
8. What does Lisa tell Jim because she feels close to him?
9. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
(a) Angry man.
(b) Animalistic tendencies.
(c) Group man.
(d) Irrational thought.
10. Who decides to join the Party?
(c) Mrs. Dakin.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what day of the strike is it when the men organize a picket to meet the train?
(a) Day four.
(b) Day one.
(c) Day two.
(d) Day three.
12. At the end of Chapter 13, who is madly raving and needs an enema?
13. Who goes with the group that includes Sam?
14. At the beginning of Chapter 10, how do the men feel in the morning following Joy's death?
15. What are the squads of men being sent out to do?
(a) Kill non-Party members.
(b) Raise funds for Joy's funeral.
(c) Mourn Joy.
(d) Find strikebreakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Mac caution the men not to eat but they eat anyway because of hunger?
2. In Chapter 11, what is the incident that Mac claims will enrage the men?
3. Who has left the camp?
4. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
5. What does Sam claim to be blacklisted as?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)