|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 12 p.m.
(c) 9 a.m.
(d) 5 p.m.
2. What does Lisa observe about Dan when she visits him in his tent?
(a) He needs another enema.
(b) He is getting better.
(c) He is dying.
(d) He needs more food.
3. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Mac caution the men not to eat but they eat anyway because of hunger?
(a) Raw pork.
4. At the end of Chapter 10, who is beaten up by the vigilantes?
(c) Doc Burton.
5. In Chapter 11, what is the incident that Mac claims will enrage the men?
(a) Inedible food.
(b) Another death.
(c) Doc Burton quits.
(d) Secret land mines.
6. How many men are in the squads sent out?
7. What does Mac claim the men will feel even if they lose the fight?
8. What does Mac want to do for retaliation against what is set on fire?
(a) Burn Hunter's house.
(b) Put Joy's body on display.
(c) Beat up strikebreakers.
(d) Assassinate the Valley owners.
9. At the end of Chapter 12, who takes over during London's speech as he stumbles over his words?
(a) Doc Burton.
10. Who is elected squad leader?
(a) Doc Burton.
11. What reminds Mac that Doc Burton needs protection in the camp?
(a) Everyone likes him.
(b) Everyone hates him.
(c) He commands little respect.
(d) He is not a likable person.
12. What does Mac believe will help get the people on their side in light of Joy's death?
(a) Petitioning for funds.
(b) Posting pictures of Joy.
(c) A massive riot.
(d) A public funeral.
13. What does Sam brag about being a part of?
(a) A gang of spies.
(b) A family of rioters.
(c) The Portland Purge.
(d) The Blood Thursday riot.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 14, what does the paper Mac picks up falsely accuse the strikers of?
(a) Committing all acts of violence.
(b) Destroying Joy's body.
(c) Assassinating non-Party members.
(d) Holding people hostage.
15. Why is Dan seeming to lose his mind, according to Doc Burton?
(a) He is constipated.
(b) He has not eaten.
(c) He took pills.
(d) He ate bad meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Jim claim he got his calm and cool demeanor?
2. What does Doc Burton observe about Mac and the way he is around the men?
3. Where does Mac send Sam after he has killed his captor and escaped?
4. What are the deputies on the road complaining about and might start shooting back at?
5. Where does the paper accuse the strikers of coming from?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)