|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
(a) Angry man.
(b) Animalistic tendencies.
(c) Irrational thought.
(d) Group man.
2. What does Mac want from the strike chairman after seeing the false newspaper headline?
(a) Food and supplies.
(b) A signed paper that says the truth.
(c) A written and public apology.
(d) Guns and ammunition.
3. What does Doc Burton say he is almost out of?
4. At the end of Chapter 10, who is beaten up by the vigilantes?
(a) Doc Burton.
5. To what does Doc Burton compare Jim's feelings toward the cause that offends Jim?
6. Who does Bolter accuse Mac of being sent by?
(a) Red headquarters
(b) Communist leaders.
(c) Non-Party members.
(d) Russian intelligence.
7. What do the group of men complain about having to do?
(a) Wait three days to bury Joy.
(b) Dig their own latrines.
(c) Make appointments with Doc Burton.
(d) Hunt for their own food.
8. Who do the group of men accuse of collecting money from Moscow?
(b) Doc Burton.
9. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
(a) To cremate his body.
(b) To keep Joy's body from the non-Party members.
(c) To keep the men together.
(d) To remove the bullets out commemorative decoration.
10. What does Mac claim the men will feel even if they lose the fight?
11. Who does Mac predict will soon join the Party?
(a) Mrs. Dakin.
(d) Doc Burton.
12. After Dick believes he is spotted for vagrancy, who does he send for to replace him?
13. Where does the paper accuse the strikers of coming from?
(a) South America.
14. At the end of Chapter 10, what historical battle does Jim tell Mac to calm his worries?
(a) Battle of Iwo Jima.
(b) Battle of Thermopylae.
(c) Battle of Marathon.
(d) Battle of Salamis.
15. Who hops off the train and is shot three times?
(c) A scab.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is shot during the scuffle involving scabs?
2. What does Mac wish he could get for Doc Burton?
3. What does Mac believe will help get the people on their side in light of Joy's death?
4. Who has left the camp?
5. What is set on fire that enrages the men and sparks the impending riot?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)