|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is shot during the scuffle involving scabs?
2. What does Mac believe will help get the people on their side in light of Joy's death?
(a) A massive riot.
(b) A public funeral.
(c) Petitioning for funds.
(d) Posting pictures of Joy.
3. At the end of Chapter 12, who takes over during London's speech as he stumbles over his words?
(b) Doc Burton.
4. At the end of Chapter 13, who is madly raving and needs an enema?
5. Why does Mac think he should put Joy on public display during the funeral march?
(a) For dramatics.
(b) To make non-Party members feel bad.
(c) To drum up sympathizers.
(d) To fire up the men.
6. After Dick believes he is spotted for vagrancy, who does he send for to replace him?
7. What does Mac hope will happen once again, the same as with Burke, to incite the men to fight?
(a) Dying for the cause.
(b) Becoming a turncoat.
(c) Spilling a little blood.
(d) Rebelling against the cause.
8. What does Doc Burton say to Mac about Joy's body?
(a) It must be released to a coroner.
(b) It need to be buried immediately.
(c) It can be revived.
(d) It cannot be cremated.
9. Who decides to join the Party?
(c) Mrs. Dakin.
10. Who hops off the train and is shot three times?
(d) A scab.
11. Why does Doc Burton think Dan is upset?
(a) Dan's hip is not healing.
(b) Dan is not able to walk well.
(c) Dan is not able to go to the funeral.
(d) Dan is not able to say goodbye to Joy.
12. What name does the paper call the pickers?
(b) Cotton deviants.
(c) Fruit tramps.
(d) Dirty vagabonds.
13. What does Sam claim to be blacklisted as?
(a) An assassin.
(b) A turncoat.
(c) A sympathizer.
(d) A longshoreman.
14. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
(a) To keep the men together.
(b) To remove the bullets out commemorative decoration.
(c) To keep Joy's body from the non-Party members.
(d) To cremate his body.
15. What is delivered by truck to the camp?
(d) Joy's coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the group of men accuse of collecting money from Moscow?
2. Why does Mac decide against putting Joy on public display during the funeral march?
3. Where is the hideout that Mac tells Jim about in case either of them is seized?
4. What is set on fire that enrages the men and sparks the impending riot?
5. Why is Lisa a little embarrassed when Jim stops to talk to her?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)