Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Doc Burton view civil disobedience and strikes?
(a) As a relief.
(b) As necessary.
(c) As an infection.
(d) As poison.
2. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
(a) 9 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 12 p.m.
(d) 5 p.m.
3. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
(a) To remove the bullets out commemorative decoration.
(b) To cremate his body.
(c) To keep Joy's body from the non-Party members.
(d) To keep the men together.
4. Who do the group of men accuse of collecting money from Moscow?
(c) Doc Burton.
5. What does Mac hope will happen once again, the same as with Burke, to incite the men to fight?
(a) Becoming a turncoat.
(b) Rebelling against the cause.
(c) Dying for the cause.
(d) Spilling a little blood.
6. Who is shot during the scuffle involving scabs?
7. Who has left the camp?
(a) Mrs. Dakin.
(b) Doc Burton.
8. What does Doc claim he would do if he were the boss of the other side?
(a) Shoot Mac.
(b) Not allow the funeral.
(c) Help out the strikers.
(d) Apologize for Joy.
9. What does Mac want to do for retaliation against what is set on fire?
(a) Burn Hunter's house.
(b) Put Joy's body on display.
(c) Assassinate the Valley owners.
(d) Beat up strikebreakers.
10. Why does Mac decide against putting Joy on public display during the funeral march?
(a) Joy looks too peaceful.
(b) Mac is scared of the repercussions.
(c) Mac does not want the body to be ruined.
(d) Mac does not want anyone shooting at it.
11. Why does Doc Burton think Dan is upset?
(a) Dan is not able to go to the funeral.
(b) Dan is not able to say goodbye to Joy.
(c) Dan's hip is not healing.
(d) Dan is not able to walk well.
12. Who decides to join the Party?
(b) Mrs. Dakin.
13. What does Sam claim to be blacklisted as?
(a) An assassin.
(b) A longshoreman.
(c) A turncoat.
(d) A sympathizer.
14. What are the deputies on the road complaining about and might start shooting back at?
(a) Rock throwers.
(b) Armored trucks.
(c) Land mines.
15. To what does Doc Burton compare Jim's feelings toward the cause that offends Jim?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mac predict will soon join the Party?
2. Where is the hideout that Mac tells Jim about in case either of them is seized?
3. What does Lisa tell Jim because she feels close to him?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 10, how do the men feel in the morning following Joy's death?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Mac have the men doing at the camp before the strikers arrive?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)