|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mac predict will soon join the Party?
(a) Doc Burton.
(d) Mrs. Dakin.
2. What does Doc Burton observe about Mac and the way he is around the men?
(a) He contradicts himself all the time.
(b) He always sounds like his audience.
(c) He changes constantly.
(d) He is not consistent with his lectures.
3. Why does Doc Burton think Dan is upset?
(a) Dan is not able to say goodbye to Joy.
(b) Dan's hip is not healing.
(c) Dan is not able to walk well.
(d) Dan is not able to go to the funeral.
4. Who is elected squad leader?
(b) Doc Burton.
5. Who does Bolter accuse Mac of being sent by?
(a) Russian intelligence.
(b) Communist leaders.
(c) Non-Party members.
(d) Red headquarters
6. Who decides to join the Party?
(b) Mrs. Dakin.
7. Where is the hideout that Mac tells Jim about in case either of them is seized?
(a) On a boat.
(b) On a train.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) In an abandoned building.
8. How many men are in the squads sent out?
9. What does Mac want to do for retaliation against what is set on fire?
(a) Burn Hunter's house.
(b) Beat up strikebreakers.
(c) Put Joy's body on display.
(d) Assassinate the Valley owners.
10. To whom does Mac write a letter asking for help?
11. What does London offer to give the men to eat at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Peaches and sardines.
(b) Raw meat.
(c) Fruit and vegetables.
(d) Lentil soup.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 10, how do the men feel in the morning following Joy's death?
13. What does Mac notice as strange when he looks up at the watchers on the nearby buildings?
(a) They are armed.
(b) There are no women.
(c) They are crying.
(d) They are not armed.
14. At the end of Chapter 13, who is madly raving and needs an enema?
15. What does Mac wish he could get for Doc Burton?
(a) More armed guards.
(b) More disinfectant.
(d) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
2. What does Doc Burton say he is almost out of?
3. What does London suggest that Mac do for Joy's funeral in the morning?
4. What do the group of men complain about having to do?
5. What does Mac tell Jim about winning the strike and the cause?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)