|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
2. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
(a) The Du Barry.
(b) The Don Juan.
(c) The Instigator.
(d) The Propagandist.
3. Who does London name as Doc Burton's right-hand-man?
4. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Signs his name on Jim's application.
(b) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
(c) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
(d) Folds the application into an envelope.
5. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
(a) She thought the world was coming to an end.
(b) She simply did not want to live.
(c) She was killed by Party opposers.
(d) She wanted to die for the Party.
6. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
(a) Gather blankets and pillows.
(b) Take pictures.
(c) Document the birth in a journal.
(d) Burn the birthing clothes.
7. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Fixing a wagon.
(b) Picking apples.
(c) Clearing fields.
(d) Picking cotton.
8. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
(a) He was scared out of his mind.
(b) He saw how to deliver a baby once on TV.
(c) He did not know what he was doing.
(d) He never worked in a hospital.
9. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Soap-boxing to Jim.
(b) Bluffing to the men.
(c) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
(d) Not fighting the men.
10. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
(c) Does not care.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is going to be romancing the female sympathizers?
12. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
(a) An owl hooting.
(b) A baby crying.
(c) A rooster crowing.
(d) Men conversing.
13. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
(a) The Tandale strike.
(b) Rosanna Fights Stadium.
(c) The Party.
(d) The Growers' Association.
14. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
(a) Guerilla tactics.
(b) The band aid theory.
(c) The long view.
(d) Immediate and decisive.
15. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(c) Clear thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does London react to Mac's suggestion for someone else as general chairman?
2. What does Jim wonder that Dan should be doing instead of manual labor?
3. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
4. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
5. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)