|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Mac and Jim convince Al of letting them meet while at his Lunch Wagon?
(a) Al's father.
(b) Al's mother.
(c) Al's uncle.
(d) Al's grandfather.
2. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
(a) Jim's application.
(b) Jim's paycheks.
(c) Jim's belongings.
(d) Jim's dog.
3. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
4. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(a) Clear thinking.
5. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
(a) His people check employment agencies.
(b) He keeps a cell phone on him.
(c) He has microphones on the train.
(d) He has spies on the train.
6. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) The cops go through the place regularly.
(b) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
(c) He does not want Jim to read it.
(d) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
7. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Getting the men to work together.
(b) Sterilizing the pocketknife.
(c) Delivering the baby successfully.
(d) Keeping the mother alive.
8. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
(a) Jim's connection to his father, a non-Party member.
(b) Jim's quitting high school.
(c) Jim's lack of connection to the Party thus far.
(d) Jim's quick and sudden submission to the Party.
9. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
10. Who does the orchard superintendent remind London is the judge?
(d) Doc Burton.
11. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
12. What happens to Dan when he is trying to get out of the tree?
(a) Breaks his ankle.
(b) Breaks his back.
(c) Breaks his leg.
(d) Breaks his hip.
13. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Joy must be freed from jail.
(b) The strikers need to be motivated.
(c) They need to buy supplies.
(d) Jim needs to buy jeans.
14. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Fixing a wagon.
(b) Picking apples.
(c) Picking cotton.
(d) Clearing fields.
15. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
(a) Cave in to the strikers' demands.
(b) Pass an ordinance against gathering.
(c) Throw everyone in jail.
(d) Bring in extra police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does London name as Doc Burton's right-hand-man?
2. Who approaches Jim and Mac saying that the committee wants a report?
3. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
4. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
5. What as Mac sent away for the previous night that he expects the next morning?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)