|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Mac want reassurance from Doc Burton that he has no civil or legal problems?
(c) His job.
(d) His financial welfare.
2. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
(a) The pickers' leader has been incarcerated.
(b) There have been mass layoffs.
(c) They have been given a pay cut by the Growers' Association.
(d) The pickers have organized a coup.
3. What as Mac sent away for the previous night that he expects the next morning?
4. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
5. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
(a) The Propagandist.
(b) The Don Juan.
(c) The Instigator.
(d) The Du Barry.
6. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
(b) A smoke.
(c) A beer.
(d) A gun.
7. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) The use of automatic weapons.
(b) American Legionnaires.
(c) Enraged policemen.
(d) Tear gas.
8. Who approaches Jim and Mac saying that the committee wants a report?
(a) A troupe of officers.
(b) The Valley men.
(c) A private detective.
(d) The Growers' Association head.
9. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Hunted prey.
(b) Wily foxes.
(c) Hunting dogs.
(d) Observant owls.
10. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
(a) Jim's dog.
(b) Jim's paycheks.
(c) Jim's application.
(d) Jim's belongings.
11. Who does the orchard superintendent tell London to get rid of?
(a) Jim and Dan.
(b) Mac and Jim.
(c) Dakin and his truck.
(d) Doc Burton and Anderson.
12. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
(a) Rigid and cold.
(b) Angry and mean.
(c) Sort of dead.
(d) Weak in mind.
13. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
(a) Let him come back to the rooming house.
(b) Help him find a new apartment.
(c) Write him a good reference.
(d) Give him back his week's advance.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
15. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(d) Clear thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
2. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
3. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
4. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
5. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)