|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
(a) He did not know what he was doing.
(b) He never worked in a hospital.
(c) He was scared out of his mind.
(d) He saw how to deliver a baby once on TV.
2. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
(a) No one.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
3. What does Jim report to the checker as the cause of the anger among strikers?
(a) A sack of rotten apples.
(b) Can of bad fish.
(c) Unsanitary conditions.
(d) Unfair wages.
4. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Hunted prey.
(b) Hunting dogs.
(c) Wily foxes.
(d) Observant owls.
5. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
(a) Sanitary bathrooms.
(c) A doctor.
6. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
(a) Purges within the Party.
(b) His father's crop.
(c) Losing customers.
(d) The impending strike.
7. What happens to Dan when he is trying to get out of the tree?
(a) Breaks his ankle.
(b) Breaks his back.
(c) Breaks his hip.
(d) Breaks his leg.
8. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
(b) The cops go through the place regularly.
(c) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
(d) He does not want Jim to read it.
9. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
10. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
11. Who stops Jim and Mac on their way back from Anderson's land?
(b) Three vigilantes.
(d) Group of kids.
12. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
(a) Gather blankets and pillows.
(b) Take pictures.
(c) Burn the birthing clothes.
(d) Document the birth in a journal.
13. What does Mac think turned the deal with Al's father about using his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
(a) Mac's relatability.
(b) The dogs.
(c) Offering of money.
(d) His admittance to being a red.
14. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
15. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
(a) A gun.
(c) A beer.
(d) A smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
2. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
3. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
4. What musical instrument is heard at the end of Chapter 6?
5. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)