|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
(a) Swimming in a lake.
(b) Riding his bike.
(c) Reading a book in a tree.
(d) A picnic.
2. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Sanitary bathrooms.
3. Who does the checker try to bribe for information at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(b) Clear thinking.
5. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
(a) His people check employment agencies.
(b) He has spies on the train.
(c) He keeps a cell phone on him.
(d) He has microphones on the train.
6. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
7. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
8. Who does the orchard superintendent remind London is the judge?
(a) Doc Burton.
9. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The subway.
(b) A boat.
(c) A freight train.
(d) A cop car.
10. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
(b) Homeless people.
11. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
(a) Does not care.
12. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
(a) Physical ability.
(b) All of the books he has read.
(c) Hatred for the rat race.
(d) Passion for the cause.
13. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
14. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Hunted prey.
(b) Hunting dogs.
(c) Wily foxes.
(d) Observant owls.
15. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
(a) Let him come back to the rooming house.
(b) Write him a good reference.
(c) Help him find a new apartment.
(d) Give him back his week's advance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
2. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
4. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
5. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)