Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
(a) He wants a new start, different from everything.
(b) He wants to avenge his father and mother's deaths.
(c) He wants to eventually gain control of the Party.
(d) He wants to infiltrate the Party and destroy it.
2. What group of people does Dan reminisce about to Jim and Mac?
(a) The Growers' Association.
(b) Non-Party members.
(c) Party members.
3. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
(a) They were both hit too many times in the head.
(b) They were/are willing to die for the Party.
(c) They both understood what the Party needs.
(d) They simply like to fight.
4. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
(a) Sanitary bathrooms.
(c) A doctor.
5. Who does the orchard superintendent remind London is the judge?
(c) Doc Burton.
6. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
(a) Congregation made illegal.
(b) Picking made illegal.
(c) Separate but equal rights for pickers.
(d) Soliciting donations made illegal.
7. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
(a) Swimming in a lake.
(b) A picnic.
(c) Riding his bike.
(d) Reading a book in a tree.
8. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
(b) Does not care.
9. What does Mac think turned the deal with Al's father about using his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
(a) The dogs.
(b) Offering of money.
(c) His admittance to being a red.
(d) Mac's relatability.
10. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
(a) It was his greatest fear during the experience.
(b) London would never speak to him again.
(c) It would have devastated the men.
(d) It would have been worth the gamble.
11. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
(a) Crop supervisor.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A tree-topper.
12. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
(a) Purges within the Party.
(b) Losing customers.
(c) His father's crop.
(d) The impending strike.
13. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
(a) The band aid theory.
(b) The long view.
(c) Immediate and decisive.
(d) Guerilla tactics.
14. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
(a) She was killed by Party opposers.
(b) She simply did not want to live.
(c) She thought the world was coming to an end.
(d) She wanted to die for the Party.
15. What happens to Dan when he is trying to get out of the tree?
(a) Breaks his ankle.
(b) Breaks his leg.
(c) Breaks his back.
(d) Breaks his hip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mac suggest for general chairman because he has a cooler head than London?
2. For what reason does Mac want reassurance from Doc Burton that he has no civil or legal problems?
3. Why are prices inflated at the company store?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
5. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)