|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mac suggest for general chairman because he has a cooler head than London?
(a) Doc Burton.
2. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
3. What does Mac think turned the deal with Al's father about using his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
(a) His admittance to being a red.
(b) Offering of money.
(c) The dogs.
(d) Mac's relatability.
4. Who do Mac and Jim convince Al of letting them meet while at his Lunch Wagon?
(a) Al's grandfather.
(b) Al's mother.
(c) Al's uncle.
(d) Al's father.
5. What does the orchard superintendent offer London in return for doing what he asks?
(a) A political position.
(b) A steady job.
(c) A hefty severance sum.
6. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
(a) Homeless people.
7. What musical instrument is heard at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A drum.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A violin.
(d) A guitar.
8. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
9. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
(a) Write him a good reference.
(b) Let him come back to the rooming house.
(c) Help him find a new apartment.
(d) Give him back his week's advance.
10. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
(a) Al's daughter.
(b) Al's girlfriend.
(c) London's daughter-in-law.
(d) London's daughter.
11. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
(a) A doctor.
(d) Sanitary bathrooms.
12. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
(a) He wants to avenge his father and mother's deaths.
(b) He wants a new start, different from everything.
(c) He wants to infiltrate the Party and destroy it.
(d) He wants to eventually gain control of the Party.
13. Who does London name as Doc Burton's right-hand-man?
14. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
15. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
(a) Picking made illegal.
(b) Soliciting donations made illegal.
(c) Congregation made illegal.
(d) Separate but equal rights for pickers.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Mac warn will happen if Anderson's farm is touched at all?
2. Who does the orchard superintendent remind London is the judge?
3. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is going to be romancing the female sympathizers?
5. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)