|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does London name as Doc Burton's right-hand-man?
2. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A boat.
(b) A freight train.
(c) The subway.
(d) A cop car.
3. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
4. Who does the orchard superintendent remind London is the judge?
(a) Doc Burton.
5. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) He does not want Jim to read it.
(b) The cops go through the place regularly.
(c) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
(d) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
6. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Hunted prey.
(b) Wily foxes.
(c) Observant owls.
(d) Hunting dogs.
7. Who do Mac and Jim convince Al of letting them meet while at his Lunch Wagon?
(a) Al's uncle.
(b) Al's father.
(c) Al's grandfather.
(d) Al's mother.
8. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Signs his name on Jim's application.
(b) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
(c) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
(d) Folds the application into an envelope.
9. Who stops Jim and Mac on their way back from Anderson's land?
(b) Group of kids.
(c) Three vigilantes.
10. What does Mac tell Doc Burton about the strike situation?
(a) The strikers are guaranteed to prevail.
(b) It is the best situation he has seen in a long time.
(c) They will need more than one doctor.
(d) It is a delicate situation and someone could get easily hurt.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is going to be romancing the female sympathizers?
12. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
(a) Jim's lack of connection to the Party thus far.
(b) Jim's quick and sudden submission to the Party.
(c) Jim's connection to his father, a non-Party member.
(d) Jim's quitting high school.
13. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
(a) He keeps a cell phone on him.
(b) He has spies on the train.
(c) He has microphones on the train.
(d) His people check employment agencies.
14. What does the orchard superintendent offer London in return for doing what he asks?
(a) A steady job.
(b) A hefty severance sum.
(c) A political position.
15. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
(a) Public disturbance.
(b) Stabbing a cop in the shoulder with a pocketknife.
(c) Taking a cop hostage.
(d) Drunk and disorderly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument is heard at the end of Chapter 6?
2. What does Jim report to the checker as the cause of the anger among strikers?
3. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
4. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
5. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)