|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Soap-boxing to Jim.
(b) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
(c) Not fighting the men.
(d) Bluffing to the men.
2. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
(a) Separate but equal rights for pickers.
(b) Congregation made illegal.
(c) Picking made illegal.
(d) Soliciting donations made illegal.
3. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
(a) The Instigator.
(b) The Du Barry.
(c) The Don Juan.
(d) The Propagandist.
4. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
(c) Does not care.
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
(a) Jim will lose his hatred.
(b) Jim will take over the Party.
(c) Jim will die for the Party.
(d) Jim will not enjoy the Party.
6. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
(a) Document the birth in a journal.
(b) Gather blankets and pillows.
(c) Burn the birthing clothes.
(d) Take pictures.
7. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Mac warn will happen if Anderson's farm is touched at all?
(a) The Party will dissolve.
(b) The men will gain more power.
(c) The whole valley will burn.
(d) The men will lose faith.
8. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(c) Clear thinking.
9. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
(a) He works both sides.
(b) He pays dues to the Valley men.
(c) His wife comes from a wealthy family.
(d) He does delivery work.
10. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Ask for change on the street.
(b) Break into a local store.
(c) Round up sympathizers.
(d) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
11. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
(a) Swimming in a lake.
(b) A picnic.
(c) Reading a book in a tree.
(d) Riding his bike.
12. Who do Mac and Jim convince Al of letting them meet while at his Lunch Wagon?
(a) Al's grandfather.
(b) Al's uncle.
(c) Al's mother.
(d) Al's father.
13. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) He made a speech about people starving.
(b) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
(c) She was housing Party members.
(d) He was followed to his home one night.
14. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
15. What does Mac think turned the deal with Al's father about using his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
(a) Offering of money.
(b) Mac's relatability.
(c) His admittance to being a red.
(d) The dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
2. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
3. What does the orchard superintendent offer London in return for doing what he asks?
4. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
5. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)