Short Answer Key
1. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
Give him back his week's advance.
2. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
3. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
4. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
Folds the corner of Jim's application.
5. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
She simply did not want to live.
6. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
He was watching a radical's speech in the park.
7. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
He wants a new start, different from everything.
8. How does Harry...
This section contains 2,789 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)