1. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
Give him back his week's advance.
2. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
3. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
4. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
Folds the corner of Jim's application.
5. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
She simply did not want to live.
This section contains 4,695 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)