|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc Burton say to Mac about Joy's body?
(a) It need to be buried immediately.
(b) It cannot be cremated.
(c) It can be revived.
(d) It must be released to a coroner.
2. What does Jim report to the checker as the cause of the anger among strikers?
(a) Unsanitary conditions.
(b) A sack of rotten apples.
(c) Can of bad fish.
(d) Unfair wages.
3. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Folds the application into an envelope.
(b) Signs his name on Jim's application.
(c) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
(d) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is going to be romancing the female sympathizers?
5. Who is elected squad leader?
(c) Doc Burton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Bolter, the new president of the fruit Growers' Association, offer to raise the wages of the strikers?
2. What does Lisa observe about Dan when she visits him in his tent?
3. What does Jim muse about wishing he could do?
4. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
5. Why is Lisa a little embarrassed when Jim stops to talk to her?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)