|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
(a) Crop supervisor.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A tree-topper.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Mac have the men doing at the camp before the strikers arrive?
(a) Dig latrines.
(b) Set up tents.
(c) Raise funds.
(d) Gather food.
3. Where does Mac send Sam after he has killed his captor and escaped?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the next outbound train.
(c) To the Valley headquarters.
(d) To a hideout and a sympathizer.
4. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
(a) He was watching a radical's speech in the park.
(b) He was hanging out with homeless people.
(c) He was suspected of being a radical leader.
(d) He had all of his belongings on him at the time.
5. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
(a) The Growers' Association will give in to their demands.
(b) The Growers' Association will dissolve.
(c) The strikers will start their own association.
(d) The whole district is organized by spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of spite, what does Anderson do to Jim and Mac?
2. Who do the group of men accuse of collecting money from Moscow?
3. Why does Doc Burton think Dan is upset?
4. Who hops off the train and is shot three times?
5. What does Mac hope will happen once again, the same as with Burke, to incite the men to fight?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)