|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
(d) Does not care.
2. Who disappears in Chapter 13?
(a) Doc Burton.
3. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
(a) Men conversing.
(b) An owl hooting.
(c) A baby crying.
(d) A rooster crowing.
4. Why are prices inflated at the company store?
(a) Lack of competition.
(c) Tax inflation.
(d) Economic crisis.
5. How much does Bolter, the new president of the fruit Growers' Association, offer to raise the wages of the strikers?
(a) A nickel.
(b) A dime.
(c) A dollar fifty.
(d) A dollar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mac explain vigilantes to Jim; what are they?
2. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
3. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
4. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
5. How does Jim die?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)