|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam brag about being a part of?
(a) The Portland Purge.
(b) A gang of spies.
(c) The Blood Thursday riot.
(d) A family of rioters.
2. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A documentary film on the Party.
(b) A book on political warfare.
(c) A copy of New Masses.
(d) A letter from his family.
3. What reminds Mac that Doc Burton needs protection in the camp?
(a) Everyone hates him.
(b) He commands little respect.
(c) He is not a likable person.
(d) Everyone likes him.
4. What does Mac think about Doc Burton in terms of his beliefs?
(a) He is too far left.
(b) He is too narrow minded.
(c) He is not convicted enough to his beliefs.
(d) He does not know enough about the Party.
5. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
(a) He fought off a police officer's dog.
(b) He tried to break into a non-Party member's home.
(c) He punched a non-Party member too hard.
(d) Non-Party members rode over his hand with a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
2. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
3. What image ends Chapter 11?
4. What does Mac say on the platform with Jim's dead body?
5. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)