|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A documentary film on the Party.
(b) A book on political warfare.
(c) A letter from his family.
(d) A copy of New Masses.
2. What does Jim report to the checker as the cause of the anger among strikers?
(a) Unsanitary conditions.
(b) A sack of rotten apples.
(c) Can of bad fish.
(d) Unfair wages.
3. What are the squads of men being sent out to do?
(a) Raise funds for Joy's funeral.
(b) Kill non-Party members.
(c) Find strikebreakers.
(d) Mourn Joy.
4. Who do the group of men decide is the next labor leader to die following Joy?
5. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
(a) He keeps a cell phone on him.
(b) He has spies on the train.
(c) His people check employment agencies.
(d) He has microphones on the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
2. What does London offer to give the men to eat at the end of Chapter 14?
3. What does the sheriff drive into the camp on?
4. Who sends out the squads of men the morning following Joy's death?
5. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)