|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) His sister's disappearance in school.
(b) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
(c) A public hanging of a Party member.
(d) How the Party first came into existence.
2. Who leaves the camp to go sleep in the hospital?
(b) London's daughter-in-law.
(c) Mrs. Dakin.
3. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Not fighting the men.
(b) Bluffing to the men.
(c) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
(d) Soap-boxing to Jim.
4. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
(a) Swimming in a lake.
(b) Reading a book in a tree.
(c) Riding his bike.
(d) A picnic.
5. What does Jim wonder that Dan should be doing instead of manual labor?
(c) Working the charity system.
(d) Union work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 10, how do the men feel in the morning following Joy's death?
3. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
4. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
5. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)