|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Round up sympathizers.
(b) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
(c) Break into a local store.
(d) Ask for change on the street.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what day of the strike is it when the men organize a picket to meet the train?
(a) Day four.
(b) Day two.
(c) Day one.
(d) Day three.
3. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
(a) She thought the world was coming to an end.
(b) She simply did not want to live.
(c) She was killed by Party opposers.
(d) She wanted to die for the Party.
4. What does Doc claim he would do if he were the boss of the other side?
(a) Help out the strikers.
(b) Not allow the funeral.
(c) Shoot Mac.
(d) Apologize for Joy.
5. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
(a) Blacklist them all.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Jail them for life.
(d) Banish them from the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
2. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
3. What does Mac think about Doc Burton in terms of his beliefs?
4. What does Sam brag about being a part of?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is going to be romancing the female sympathizers?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)