|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does it take to pick and clear Anderson's crop?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Seven hundred.
(c) Nine hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
2. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
(a) Bring in extra police.
(b) Cave in to the strikers' demands.
(c) Pass an ordinance against gathering.
(d) Throw everyone in jail.
3. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
(a) Jim does not have any living relatives.
(b) Identity is nonexistent within the Party.
(c) They absolve all names once inducted into the Party.
(d) Jim's name is common.
4. Who accuses Mac of being insensitive and cold-blooded after Mac says he wants to take Joy's body back to camp?
(a) Doc Burton.
5. Who leaves the camp to go sleep in the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Dakin.
(b) London's daughter-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
2. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Mac warn will happen if Anderson's farm is touched at all?
3. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
4. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)