|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the checker try to bribe for information at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What does Jim report to the checker as the cause of the anger among strikers?
(a) Can of bad fish.
(b) Unfair wages.
(c) Unsanitary conditions.
(d) A sack of rotten apples.
3. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Hard labor and fines.
(b) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
(c) Lecture and punishment.
(d) Reprimand and expulsion.
4. What does Sam claim to be blacklisted as?
(a) A longshoreman.
(b) An assassin.
(c) A sympathizer.
(d) A turncoat.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is shot during the scuffle involving scabs?
2. What does Lisa tell Jim because she feels close to him?
3. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
4. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
5. What does Doc Burton observe about Mac and the way he is around the men?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)