|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mac think he should put Joy on public display during the funeral march?
(a) To fire up the men.
(b) To make non-Party members feel bad.
(c) For dramatics.
(d) To drum up sympathizers.
2. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
(a) Gather blankets and pillows.
(b) Burn the birthing clothes.
(c) Take pictures.
(d) Document the birth in a journal.
3. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) No one.
4. Who leaves the camp to go sleep in the hospital?
(c) London's daughter-in-law.
(d) Mrs. Dakin.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Mac drape over Joy's coffin?
(a) A red, velvet blanket.
(b) Rose petals.
(c) Letters from sympathizers.
(d) An American flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the squads of men being sent out to do?
2. Who do the group of men decide is the next labor leader to die following Joy?
3. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
4. What does Mac notice as strange when he looks up at the watchers on the nearby buildings?
5. For what reason does Mac want reassurance from Doc Burton that he has no civil or legal problems?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)