|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac think about Doc Burton in terms of his beliefs?
(a) He is too narrow minded.
(b) He is not convicted enough to his beliefs.
(c) He does not know enough about the Party.
(d) He is too far left.
2. What does Mac think turned the deal with Al's father about using his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
(a) Offering of money.
(b) Mac's relatability.
(c) The dogs.
(d) His admittance to being a red.
3. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
(a) He was scared out of his mind.
(b) He never worked in a hospital.
(c) He did not know what he was doing.
(d) He saw how to deliver a baby once on TV.
4. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Mac warn will happen if Anderson's farm is touched at all?
(a) The men will gain more power.
(b) The men will lose faith.
(c) The Party will dissolve.
(d) The whole valley will burn.
5. At the end of Chapter 10, what historical battle does Jim tell Mac to calm his worries?
(a) Battle of Iwo Jima.
(b) Battle of Salamis.
(c) Battle of Marathon.
(d) Battle of Thermopylae.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
2. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
3. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
4. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
5. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)