|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dan seeming to lose his mind, according to Doc Burton?
(a) He is constipated.
(b) He took pills.
(c) He has not eaten.
(d) He ate bad meat.
2. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
(a) Jim's dog.
(b) Jim's belongings.
(c) Jim's paycheks.
(d) Jim's application.
3. What does the orchard superintendent offer London in return for doing what he asks?
(a) A steady job.
(c) A hefty severance sum.
(d) A political position.
4. At the end of Chapter 10, what historical battle does Jim tell Mac to calm his worries?
(a) Battle of Iwo Jima.
(b) Battle of Thermopylae.
(c) Battle of Salamis.
(d) Battle of Marathon.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc Burton observe about Mac and the way he is around the men?
2. In Chapter 11, what is the incident that Mac claims will enrage the men?
3. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
5. What does Sam claim to be blacklisted as?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)