|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(b) Clear thinking.
2. How does London react to Mac's suggestion for someone else as general chairman?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He is infuriated.
(c) He denies.
(d) He leaves the Party.
3. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
(a) Weak in mind.
(b) Angry and mean.
(c) Rigid and cold.
(d) Sort of dead.
4. Who do the group of men accuse of collecting money from Moscow?
(c) Doc Burton.
5. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
2. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Mac drape over Joy's coffin?
4. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
5. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)