|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the group of men complain about having to do?
(a) Hunt for their own food.
(b) Wait three days to bury Joy.
(c) Make appointments with Doc Burton.
(d) Dig their own latrines.
2. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
3. Who approaches Jim and Mac saying that the committee wants a report?
(a) The Valley men.
(b) The Growers' Association head.
(c) A private detective.
(d) A troupe of officers.
4. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
(a) Jim will die for the Party.
(b) Jim will lose his hatred.
(c) Jim will not enjoy the Party.
(d) Jim will take over the Party.
5. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
(a) A life of hard work and poverty.
(b) An easier life than that of non-Party members.
(c) An unparalleled and enoyable existence.
(d) Becoming a robot that is controlled by the Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
2. What does Mac want from the strike chairman after seeing the false newspaper headline?
3. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
4. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
5. At the end of Chapter 10, what historical battle does Jim tell Mac to calm his worries?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)