|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
(a) Jim's dog.
(b) Jim's paycheks.
(c) Jim's application.
(d) Jim's belongings.
2. What happens to Dan when he is trying to get out of the tree?
(a) Breaks his ankle.
(b) Breaks his back.
(c) Breaks his hip.
(d) Breaks his leg.
3. What reminds Mac that Doc Burton needs protection in the camp?
(a) Everyone likes him.
(b) Everyone hates him.
(c) He is not a likable person.
(d) He commands little respect.
4. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
(a) The strikers will start their own association.
(b) The whole district is organized by spring.
(c) The Growers' Association will dissolve.
(d) The Growers' Association will give in to their demands.
5. At the end of Chapter 12, who takes over during London's speech as he stumbles over his words?
(b) Doc Burton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac notice as strange when he looks up at the watchers on the nearby buildings?
2. What does Doc Burton observe about Mac and the way he is around the men?
3. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
4. What does Doc Burton say he is almost out of?
5. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)