|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Mac caution the men not to eat but they eat anyway because of hunger?
(c) Raw pork.
2. Who does the orchard superintendent remind London is the judge?
(d) Doc Burton.
3. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
(a) Two hundred.
(c) One hundred.
4. How does Mac explain vigilantes to Jim; what are they?
(a) Men without direction.
(c) Men who are bored.
(d) Guys who like to hurt people.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Mac have the men doing at the camp before the strikers arrive?
(a) Set up tents.
(b) Gather food.
(c) Raise funds.
(d) Dig latrines.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what is the incident that Mac claims will enrage the men?
2. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
3. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
4. What are the squads of men being sent out to do?
5. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)