|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Mac caution the men not to eat but they eat anyway because of hunger?
(c) Raw pork.
2. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
(a) A rooster crowing.
(b) An owl hooting.
(c) Men conversing.
(d) A baby crying.
3. Who does the orchard superintendent remind London is the judge?
(b) Doc Burton.
4. What does Mac tell Doc Burton about the strike situation?
(a) It is the best situation he has seen in a long time.
(b) The strikers are guaranteed to prevail.
(c) It is a delicate situation and someone could get easily hurt.
(d) They will need more than one doctor.
5. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A book on political warfare.
(b) A letter from his family.
(c) A documentary film on the Party.
(d) A copy of New Masses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
2. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
3. Who has left the camp?
4. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Mac warn will happen if Anderson's farm is touched at all?
5. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)