|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
(a) Let him come back to the rooming house.
(b) Give him back his week's advance.
(c) Help him find a new apartment.
(d) Write him a good reference.
2. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Jim needs to buy jeans.
(b) They need to buy supplies.
(c) The strikers need to be motivated.
(d) Joy must be freed from jail.
3. What does Mac think about Doc Burton in terms of his beliefs?
(a) He is too far left.
(b) He does not know enough about the Party.
(c) He is not convicted enough to his beliefs.
(d) He is too narrow minded.
4. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
(a) An unparalleled and enoyable existence.
(b) A life of hard work and poverty.
(c) An easier life than that of non-Party members.
(d) Becoming a robot that is controlled by the Party.
5. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
(a) Jim's lack of connection to the Party thus far.
(b) Jim's connection to his father, a non-Party member.
(c) Jim's quick and sudden submission to the Party.
(d) Jim's quitting high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image ends Chapter 11?
2. What spaces themselves along the line of marchers at the train station?
3. Why is Dan seeming to lose his mind, according to Doc Burton?
4. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
5. Why does Mac decide against putting Joy on public display during the funeral march?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)