|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
(a) Swimming in a lake.
(b) A picnic.
(c) Riding his bike.
(d) Reading a book in a tree.
2. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Lecture and punishment.
(b) Hard labor and fines.
(c) Reprimand and expulsion.
(d) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
3. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Sterilizing the pocketknife.
(b) Keeping the mother alive.
(c) Delivering the baby successfully.
(d) Getting the men to work together.
4. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) Enraged policemen.
(b) The use of automatic weapons.
(c) Tear gas.
(d) American Legionnaires.
5. Why does Doc Burton think Dan is upset?
(a) Dan's hip is not healing.
(b) Dan is not able to walk well.
(c) Dan is not able to go to the funeral.
(d) Dan is not able to say goodbye to Joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
2. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
3. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
4. In Chapter 11, what is the incident that Mac claims will enrage the men?
5. What does Sam brag about being a part of?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)