|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac tell Jim about winning the strike and the cause?
(a) Winning is not all they are after.
(b) Winning is all that matters.
(c) They do not care about winning.
(d) They are only doing it for show.
2. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
(a) Jim's connection to his father, a non-Party member.
(b) Jim's quitting high school.
(c) Jim's lack of connection to the Party thus far.
(d) Jim's quick and sudden submission to the Party.
3. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
(a) Rigid and cold.
(b) Angry and mean.
(c) Weak in mind.
(d) Sort of dead.
4. Who accuses Mac of being insensitive and cold-blooded after Mac says he wants to take Joy's body back to camp?
(d) Doc Burton.
5. How does London react to Mac's suggestion for someone else as general chairman?
(a) He leaves the Party.
(b) He denies.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He is infuriated.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 10, what historical battle does Jim tell Mac to calm his worries?
2. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. What does London suggest that Mac do for Joy's funeral in the morning?
4. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)