|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac notice as strange when he looks up at the watchers on the nearby buildings?
(a) There are no women.
(b) They are not armed.
(c) They are crying.
(d) They are armed.
2. What image ends Chapter 11?
(a) A candle going out.
(b) London's nephew.
(c) Flickering flames.
(d) An owl in the night,
3. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A copy of New Masses.
(b) A documentary film on the Party.
(c) A letter from his family.
(d) A book on political warfare.
4. What does Mac think about Doc Burton in terms of his beliefs?
(a) He is too far left.
(b) He does not know enough about the Party.
(c) He is too narrow minded.
(d) He is not convicted enough to his beliefs.
5. At the end of Chapter 10, what historical battle does Jim tell Mac to calm his worries?
(a) Battle of Thermopylae.
(b) Battle of Salamis.
(c) Battle of Marathon.
(d) Battle of Iwo Jima.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches Jim and Mac saying that the committee wants a report?
2. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
3. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
4. How does Jim elude the cops after he and Mac go to talk to the deputies?
5. What reminds Mac that Doc Burton needs protection in the camp?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)