|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) The numerous books he has read.
(b) His father's meaningless death.
(c) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
(d) The five men he met in jail.
2. At the end of Chapter 8, what does Mac say to Jim is the hardest part about what they do for the Party?
(a) They are in over their heads.
(b) Everyone hates them.
(c) No one trusts them.
(d) They can never back down.
3. Who do Mac and Jim convince Al of letting them meet while at his Lunch Wagon?
(a) Al's grandfather.
(b) Al's mother.
(c) Al's uncle.
(d) Al's father.
4. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
(a) Animalistic tendencies.
(b) Irrational thought.
(c) Group man.
(d) Angry man.
5. How does Jim elude the cops after he and Mac go to talk to the deputies?
(a) Climbs up a tree.
(b) Jumps on to a moving train.
(c) Hides behind a rock.
(d) Dives into a river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
2. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
3. How does Mac explain vigilantes to Jim; what are they?
4. What does Jim report to the checker as the cause of the anger among strikers?
5. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)