|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
(a) Homeless people.
2. What is Mac worried about the morning following Joy's death?
(a) No one caring about Joy.
(b) More men dying.
(c) The strike breaking.
(d) Joy not being remembered.
3. What does Mac think about Doc Burton in terms of his beliefs?
(a) He does not know enough about the Party.
(b) He is not convicted enough to his beliefs.
(c) He is too far left.
(d) He is too narrow minded.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Mac have the men doing at the camp before the strikers arrive?
(a) Set up tents.
(b) Raise funds.
(c) Dig latrines.
(d) Gather food.
5. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
(a) An owl hooting.
(b) A baby crying.
(c) Men conversing.
(d) A rooster crowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
2. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
3. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
4. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
5. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)