|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
(a) Pass an ordinance against gathering.
(b) Bring in extra police.
(c) Throw everyone in jail.
(d) Cave in to the strikers' demands.
2. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
(a) Jim's quitting high school.
(b) Jim's quick and sudden submission to the Party.
(c) Jim's connection to his father, a non-Party member.
(d) Jim's lack of connection to the Party thus far.
3. For what reason does Mac want reassurance from Doc Burton that he has no civil or legal problems?
(a) His job.
(c) His financial welfare.
4. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(b) Clear thinking.
5. What reminds Mac that Doc Burton needs protection in the camp?
(a) He commands little respect.
(b) Everyone hates him.
(c) He is not a likable person.
(d) Everyone likes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
2. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
3. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
4. What are the squads of men being sent out to do?
5. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)