|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
2. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
(b) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
(c) Folds the application into an envelope.
(d) Signs his name on Jim's application.
3. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
(b) A smoke.
(c) A beer.
(d) A gun.
4. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Mac caution the men not to eat but they eat anyway because of hunger?
(b) Raw pork.
5. What is Mac worried about the morning following Joy's death?
(a) No one caring about Joy.
(b) More men dying.
(c) The strike breaking.
(d) Joy not being remembered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
2. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
3. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
4. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
5. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)