|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
(a) Riding his bike.
(b) A picnic.
(c) Reading a book in a tree.
(d) Swimming in a lake.
2. Who is shot during the scuffle involving scabs?
3. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
(a) Blacklist them all.
(b) Jail them for life.
(c) Banish them from the city.
(d) Kill them.
4. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
(a) An engineer.
(c) A tree-topper.
(d) Crop supervisor.
5. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
(a) An owl hooting.
(b) A baby crying.
(c) Men conversing.
(d) A rooster crowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the squads of men being sent out to do?
2. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
3. Who stops Jim and Mac on their way back from Anderson's land?
4. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
5. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)