|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
(a) Guerilla tactics.
(b) The band aid theory.
(c) Immediate and decisive.
(d) The long view.
2. At the end of Chapter 10, who is beaten up by the vigilantes?
(c) Doc Burton.
3. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
(a) The pickers have organized a coup.
(b) They have been given a pay cut by the Growers' Association.
(c) There have been mass layoffs.
(d) The pickers' leader has been incarcerated.
4. Who hops off the train and is shot three times?
(c) A scab.
5. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
(a) He had all of his belongings on him at the time.
(b) He was watching a radical's speech in the park.
(c) He was suspected of being a radical leader.
(d) He was hanging out with homeless people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
2. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
3. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
4. Who does London name as Doc Burton's right-hand-man?
5. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)