|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
(a) He had all of his belongings on him at the time.
(b) He was suspected of being a radical leader.
(c) He was watching a radical's speech in the park.
(d) He was hanging out with homeless people.
2. What does Mac think turned the deal with Al's father about using his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
(a) The dogs.
(b) His admittance to being a red.
(c) Offering of money.
(d) Mac's relatability.
3. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Mac warn will happen if Anderson's farm is touched at all?
(a) The men will gain more power.
(b) The Party will dissolve.
(c) The men will lose faith.
(d) The whole valley will burn.
4. What happens to Dan when he is trying to get out of the tree?
(a) Breaks his ankle.
(b) Breaks his leg.
(c) Breaks his back.
(d) Breaks his hip.
5. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
(a) The band aid theory.
(b) Immediate and decisive.
(c) The long view.
(d) Guerilla tactics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is shot during the scuffle involving scabs?
2. How does Jim elude the cops after he and Mac go to talk to the deputies?
3. How does Doc Burton view civil disobedience and strikes?
4. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
5. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)