|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are prices inflated at the company store?
(b) Lack of competition.
(c) Tax inflation.
(d) Economic crisis.
2. Who stops Jim and Mac on their way back from Anderson's land?
(a) Group of kids.
(d) Three vigilantes.
3. What are the squads of men being sent out to do?
(a) Kill non-Party members.
(b) Raise funds for Joy's funeral.
(c) Mourn Joy.
(d) Find strikebreakers.
4. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
(b) Break into a local store.
(c) Round up sympathizers.
(d) Ask for change on the street.
5. Who hops off the train and is shot three times?
(d) A scab.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
2. What does Mac believe will help get the people on their side in light of Joy's death?
3. Who goes with the group that includes Sam?
4. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
5. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)