|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
(a) Angry man.
(b) Animalistic tendencies.
(c) Group man.
(d) Irrational thought.
2. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
3. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Observant owls.
(b) Wily foxes.
(c) Hunted prey.
(d) Hunting dogs.
4. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) His sister's disappearance in school.
(b) A public hanging of a Party member.
(c) How the Party first came into existence.
(d) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
5. Who is shot during the scuffle involving scabs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
2. What does Mac think about Doc Burton in terms of his beliefs?
3. What does Mac believe will help get the people on their side in light of Joy's death?
4. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
5. What are the deputies on the road complaining about and might start shooting back at?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)