|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam claim to be blacklisted as?
(a) A turncoat.
(b) An assassin.
(c) A longshoreman.
(d) A sympathizer.
2. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Mac warn will happen if Anderson's farm is touched at all?
(a) The men will lose faith.
(b) The whole valley will burn.
(c) The men will gain more power.
(d) The Party will dissolve.
3. What are the men doing before that they have to be sent out to do something?
(a) Losing faith in the cause.
(b) Becoming depressed.
(c) Breaking the strike.
(d) Fighting among themselves.
4. What does Mac notice as strange when he looks up at the watchers on the nearby buildings?
(a) They are not armed.
(b) There are no women.
(c) They are armed.
(d) They are crying.
5. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
(b) The cops go through the place regularly.
(c) He does not want Jim to read it.
(d) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
2. What musical instrument is heard at the end of Chapter 6?
3. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
4. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
5. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)