|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mac worried about the morning following Joy's death?
(a) The strike breaking.
(b) Joy not being remembered.
(c) More men dying.
(d) No one caring about Joy.
2. How does Doc Burton view civil disobedience and strikes?
(a) As necessary.
(b) As a relief.
(c) As an infection.
(d) As poison.
3. Why does Dakin lose his mind, bite a cop, and end up incarcerated?
(a) Vigilantes destroy his truck.
(b) He is hit in the head.
(c) He has lost faith in the cause.
(d) Vigilantes kill his wife.
4. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A copy of New Masses.
(b) A book on political warfare.
(c) A letter from his family.
(d) A documentary film on the Party.
5. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
(a) Homeless people.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
2. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
3. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
5. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)