|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends out the squads of men the morning following Joy's death?
(a) Mac and Jim.
(b) Dakin and Jim.
(c) London and Mac.
(d) Dakin and London.
2. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
3. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
(b) The five men he met in jail.
(c) The numerous books he has read.
(d) His father's meaningless death.
4. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
(a) Crop supervisor.
(c) A tree-topper.
(d) An engineer.
5. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
(a) Drunk and disorderly.
(b) Stabbing a cop in the shoulder with a pocketknife.
(c) Public disturbance.
(d) Taking a cop hostage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
2. What does Sam brag about being a part of?
3. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
4. What are the men doing before that they have to be sent out to do something?
5. Who is elected chairman of the strikers?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)