|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
(a) Jim's quick and sudden submission to the Party.
(b) Jim's connection to his father, a non-Party member.
(c) Jim's quitting high school.
(d) Jim's lack of connection to the Party thus far.
2. What does the orchard superintendent offer London in return for doing what he asks?
(a) A political position.
(c) A hefty severance sum.
(d) A steady job.
3. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
(a) He wants to infiltrate the Party and destroy it.
(b) He wants to eventually gain control of the Party.
(c) He wants to avenge his father and mother's deaths.
(d) He wants a new start, different from everything.
4. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
(a) Burn the birthing clothes.
(b) Document the birth in a journal.
(c) Gather blankets and pillows.
(d) Take pictures.
5. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
(a) Jail them for life.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Blacklist them all.
(d) Banish them from the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the squads of men being sent out to do?
2. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What does Mac tell Jim about winning the strike and the cause?
4. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
5. What does Mac think about Doc Burton in terms of his beliefs?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)