|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) He does not want Jim to read it.
(b) The cops go through the place regularly.
(c) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
(d) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
2. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
3. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Mac warn will happen if Anderson's farm is touched at all?
(a) The Party will dissolve.
(b) The men will lose faith.
(c) The men will gain more power.
(d) The whole valley will burn.
4. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
(a) The strikers will start their own association.
(b) The Growers' Association will dissolve.
(c) The Growers' Association will give in to their demands.
(d) The whole district is organized by spring.
5. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
(a) A baby crying.
(b) A rooster crowing.
(c) Men conversing.
(d) An owl hooting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
2. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
3. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
4. Who does London name as Doc Burton's right-hand-man?
5. What does Mac think turned the deal with Al's father about using his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)