|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mac suggest for general chairman because he has a cooler head than London?
(d) Doc Burton.
2. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
(a) A baby crying.
(b) An owl hooting.
(c) A rooster crowing.
(d) Men conversing.
3. What musical instrument is heard at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A drum.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A violin.
(d) A guitar.
4. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
(a) His wife comes from a wealthy family.
(b) He pays dues to the Valley men.
(c) He works both sides.
(d) He does delivery work.
5. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
(b) He does not want Jim to read it.
(c) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
(d) The cops go through the place regularly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
2. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
3. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
4. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
5. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)