|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
(b) Does not care.
2. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
(a) A beer.
(c) A smoke.
(d) A gun.
3. Who does London name as Doc Burton's right-hand-man?
4. Who approaches Jim and Mac saying that the committee wants a report?
(a) A troupe of officers.
(b) The Growers' Association head.
(c) The Valley men.
(d) A private detective.
5. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) How the Party first came into existence.
(b) His sister's disappearance in school.
(c) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
(d) A public hanging of a Party member.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
2. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
3. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
4. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
5. Who does the orchard superintendent tell London to get rid of?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)