|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
(a) London would never speak to him again.
(b) It would have devastated the men.
(c) It was his greatest fear during the experience.
(d) It would have been worth the gamble.
2. Who does Mac suggest for general chairman because he has a cooler head than London?
(a) Doc Burton.
3. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
4. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
(c) Does not care.
5. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
(a) Bring in extra police.
(b) Pass an ordinance against gathering.
(c) Throw everyone in jail.
(d) Cave in to the strikers' demands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
2. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
3. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
4. For what reason does Mac want reassurance from Doc Burton that he has no civil or legal problems?
5. What does the orchard superintendent offer London in return for doing what he asks?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)