|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
(a) Riding his bike.
(b) Reading a book in a tree.
(c) A picnic.
(d) Swimming in a lake.
2. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
3. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Reprimand and expulsion.
(b) Lecture and punishment.
(c) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
(d) Hard labor and fines.
4. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
(a) Jim will take over the Party.
(b) Jim will not enjoy the Party.
(c) Jim will die for the Party.
(d) Jim will lose his hatred.
5. Who does Mac suggest for general chairman because he has a cooler head than London?
(c) Doc Burton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
2. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
3. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
4. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)