|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
(a) Jail them for life.
(b) Banish them from the city.
(c) Blacklist them all.
(d) Kill them.
2. What group of people does Dan reminisce about to Jim and Mac?
(a) The Growers' Association.
(b) Non-Party members.
(d) Party members.
3. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) The five men he met in jail.
(b) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
(c) His father's meaningless death.
(d) The numerous books he has read.
4. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
(a) Does not care.
5. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
2. Who does the orchard superintendent tell London to get rid of?
3. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
4. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
5. Why are prices inflated at the company store?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)