|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
(b) How the Party first came into existence.
(c) His sister's disappearance in school.
(d) A public hanging of a Party member.
2. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
(a) Banish them from the city.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Blacklist them all.
(d) Jail them for life.
3. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
(a) He wants a new start, different from everything.
(b) He wants to eventually gain control of the Party.
(c) He wants to infiltrate the Party and destroy it.
(d) He wants to avenge his father and mother's deaths.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
5. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
(a) An unparalleled and enoyable existence.
(b) Becoming a robot that is controlled by the Party.
(c) An easier life than that of non-Party members.
(d) A life of hard work and poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
2. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
3. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is going to be romancing the female sympathizers?
5. Who does Mac suggest for general chairman because he has a cooler head than London?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)