|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Picking apples.
(b) Clearing fields.
(c) Fixing a wagon.
(d) Picking cotton.
2. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
(a) Al's girlfriend.
(b) London's daughter-in-law.
(c) London's daughter.
(d) Al's daughter.
3. Who approaches Jim and Mac saying that the committee wants a report?
(a) A troupe of officers.
(b) The Growers' Association head.
(c) A private detective.
(d) The Valley men.
4. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
(a) An easier life than that of non-Party members.
(b) An unparalleled and enoyable existence.
(c) A life of hard work and poverty.
(d) Becoming a robot that is controlled by the Party.
5. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Sterilizing the pocketknife.
(b) Delivering the baby successfully.
(c) Keeping the mother alive.
(d) Getting the men to work together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What as Mac sent away for the previous night that he expects the next morning?
2. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
3. Who does the orchard superintendent tell London to get rid of?
4. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
5. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)