|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
(a) Al's girlfriend.
(b) Al's daughter.
(c) London's daughter-in-law.
(d) London's daughter.
2. What does the orchard superintendent offer London in return for doing what he asks?
(b) A political position.
(c) A steady job.
(d) A hefty severance sum.
3. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Keeping the mother alive.
(b) Getting the men to work together.
(c) Sterilizing the pocketknife.
(d) Delivering the baby successfully.
4. Who is elected chairman of the strikers?
5. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
(a) An owl hooting.
(b) Men conversing.
(c) A baby crying.
(d) A rooster crowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Mac want reassurance from Doc Burton that he has no civil or legal problems?
2. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
3. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
5. Who does the orchard superintendent remind London is the judge?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)