|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Fixing a wagon.
(b) Picking apples.
(c) Clearing fields.
(d) Picking cotton.
2. Who is elected chairman of the strikers?
3. What group of people does Dan reminisce about to Jim and Mac?
(a) Party members.
(c) Non-Party members.
(d) The Growers' Association.
4. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
(a) Rigid and cold.
(b) Angry and mean.
(c) Weak in mind.
(d) Sort of dead.
5. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
(a) It would have been worth the gamble.
(b) It was his greatest fear during the experience.
(c) London would never speak to him again.
(d) It would have devastated the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
2. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
3. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
5. Who does London name as Doc Burton's right-hand-man?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)