|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
(a) His wife comes from a wealthy family.
(b) He works both sides.
(c) He does delivery work.
(d) He pays dues to the Valley men.
2. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
(a) He wants to eventually gain control of the Party.
(b) He wants a new start, different from everything.
(c) He wants to infiltrate the Party and destroy it.
(d) He wants to avenge his father and mother's deaths.
3. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Reprimand and expulsion.
(b) Lecture and punishment.
(c) Hard labor and fines.
(d) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
4. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is going to be romancing the female sympathizers?
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
2. What musical instrument is heard at the end of Chapter 6?
3. For what reason does Mac want reassurance from Doc Burton that he has no civil or legal problems?
4. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
5. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)