|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
(a) Cave in to the strikers' demands.
(b) Bring in extra police.
(c) Throw everyone in jail.
(d) Pass an ordinance against gathering.
2. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
(b) Bluffing to the men.
(c) Soap-boxing to Jim.
(d) Not fighting the men.
3. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
(a) He tried to break into a non-Party member's home.
(b) He fought off a police officer's dog.
(c) Non-Party members rode over his hand with a horse.
(d) He punched a non-Party member too hard.
4. For what reason does Mac want reassurance from Doc Burton that he has no civil or legal problems?
(b) His financial welfare.
(d) His job.
5. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Folds the application into an envelope.
(b) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
(c) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
(d) Signs his name on Jim's application.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
2. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
3. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
4. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
5. Who is elected chairman of the strikers?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)