|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
2. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) Tear gas.
(b) American Legionnaires.
(c) The use of automatic weapons.
(d) Enraged policemen.
3. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
(a) She thought the world was coming to an end.
(b) She simply did not want to live.
(c) She wanted to die for the Party.
(d) She was killed by Party opposers.
4. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
(a) He never worked in a hospital.
(b) He saw how to deliver a baby once on TV.
(c) He was scared out of his mind.
(d) He did not know what he was doing.
5. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
(a) The Instigator.
(b) The Don Juan.
(c) The Propagandist.
(d) The Du Barry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
2. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
3. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
4. Who do Mac and Jim convince Al of letting them meet while at his Lunch Wagon?
5. What musical instrument is heard at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)