|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
2. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
(a) Jim will lose his hatred.
(b) Jim will not enjoy the Party.
(c) Jim will take over the Party.
(d) Jim will die for the Party.
3. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
(a) He wants to infiltrate the Party and destroy it.
(b) He wants a new start, different from everything.
(c) He wants to eventually gain control of the Party.
(d) He wants to avenge his father and mother's deaths.
4. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
(a) Passion for the cause.
(b) All of the books he has read.
(c) Physical ability.
(d) Hatred for the rat race.
5. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
(a) No one.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
2. What does Jim wonder that Dan should be doing instead of manual labor?
3. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
4. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
5. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)