|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
(a) His wife comes from a wealthy family.
(b) He pays dues to the Valley men.
(c) He does delivery work.
(d) He works both sides.
2. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
3. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
(c) Sanitary bathrooms.
(d) A doctor.
4. What does Jim wonder that Dan should be doing instead of manual labor?
(a) Union work.
(c) Working the charity system.
5. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
(b) An engineer.
(c) A tree-topper.
(d) Crop supervisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
2. Who do Mac and Jim convince Al of letting them meet while at his Lunch Wagon?
3. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
4. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
5. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)