|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Reprimand and expulsion.
(b) Lecture and punishment.
(c) Hard labor and fines.
(d) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
2. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
(a) Throw everyone in jail.
(b) Cave in to the strikers' demands.
(c) Pass an ordinance against gathering.
(d) Bring in extra police.
3. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
(a) His wife comes from a wealthy family.
(b) He does delivery work.
(c) He works both sides.
(d) He pays dues to the Valley men.
4. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Not fighting the men.
(b) Bluffing to the men.
(c) Soap-boxing to Jim.
(d) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
5. For what reason does Mac want reassurance from Doc Burton that he has no civil or legal problems?
(b) His job.
(c) His financial welfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
2. Who does Mac suggest for general chairman because he has a cooler head than London?
3. What happens to Dan when he is trying to get out of the tree?
4. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is going to be romancing the female sympathizers?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)