|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
2. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
(a) They were/are willing to die for the Party.
(b) They were both hit too many times in the head.
(c) They simply like to fight.
(d) They both understood what the Party needs.
3. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
(a) Al's girlfriend.
(b) London's daughter.
(c) London's daughter-in-law.
(d) Al's daughter.
4. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
(a) Let him come back to the rooming house.
(b) Give him back his week's advance.
(c) Write him a good reference.
(d) Help him find a new apartment.
5. What does Jim report to the checker as the cause of the anger among strikers?
(a) Unsanitary conditions.
(b) Can of bad fish.
(c) Unfair wages.
(d) A sack of rotten apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
2. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
3. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
4. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
5. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)