|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Fixing a wagon.
(b) Picking apples.
(c) Picking cotton.
(d) Clearing fields.
2. Who does the orchard superintendent tell London to get rid of?
(a) Jim and Dan.
(b) Dakin and his truck.
(c) Mac and Jim.
(d) Doc Burton and Anderson.
3. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
(a) His father's crop.
(b) Losing customers.
(c) The impending strike.
(d) Purges within the Party.
4. What does Jim wonder that Dan should be doing instead of manual labor?
(a) Union work.
(c) Working the charity system.
5. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) They need to buy supplies.
(b) Joy must be freed from jail.
(c) Jim needs to buy jeans.
(d) The strikers need to be motivated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
2. Who approaches Jim and Mac saying that the committee wants a report?
3. Why are prices inflated at the company store?
4. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)