|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the orchard superintendent offer London in return for doing what he asks?
(a) A political position.
(c) A steady job.
(d) A hefty severance sum.
2. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
(a) The Party.
(b) Rosanna Fights Stadium.
(c) The Tandale strike.
(d) The Growers' Association.
3. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(c) Clear thinking.
4. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
(a) His father's crop.
(b) The impending strike.
(c) Purges within the Party.
(d) Losing customers.
5. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are prices inflated at the company store?
2. What does Jim wonder that Dan should be doing instead of manual labor?
3. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
4. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
5. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)