|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Not fighting the men.
(b) Soap-boxing to Jim.
(c) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
(d) Bluffing to the men.
2. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
(b) He made a speech about people starving.
(c) He was followed to his home one night.
(d) She was housing Party members.
3. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
4. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
(a) Pass an ordinance against gathering.
(b) Cave in to the strikers' demands.
(c) Bring in extra police.
(d) Throw everyone in jail.
5. What musical instrument is heard at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A drum.
(d) A violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dan when he is trying to get out of the tree?
2. What does the orchard superintendent offer London in return for doing what he asks?
3. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
4. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)