|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
(a) Congregation made illegal.
(b) Soliciting donations made illegal.
(c) Separate but equal rights for pickers.
(d) Picking made illegal.
2. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
(a) He was watching a radical's speech in the park.
(b) He was suspected of being a radical leader.
(c) He had all of his belongings on him at the time.
(d) He was hanging out with homeless people.
3. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) His sister's disappearance in school.
(b) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
(c) A public hanging of a Party member.
(d) How the Party first came into existence.
4. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
5. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
(a) He works both sides.
(b) He does delivery work.
(c) His wife comes from a wealthy family.
(d) He pays dues to the Valley men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
2. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
3. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
4. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
5. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)