|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) She was housing Party members.
(b) He was followed to his home one night.
(c) He made a speech about people starving.
(d) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
2. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
(a) Gather blankets and pillows.
(b) Take pictures.
(c) Burn the birthing clothes.
(d) Document the birth in a journal.
3. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
4. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
(a) They both understood what the Party needs.
(b) They were/are willing to die for the Party.
(c) They simply like to fight.
(d) They were both hit too many times in the head.
5. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
(b) Folds the application into an envelope.
(c) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
(d) Signs his name on Jim's application.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
2. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
3. What musical instrument is heard at the end of Chapter 6?
4. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. What group of people does Dan reminisce about to Jim and Mac?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)