|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
(a) Jim's belongings.
(b) Jim's application.
(c) Jim's dog.
(d) Jim's paycheks.
2. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
3. Why are prices inflated at the company store?
(a) Lack of competition.
(b) Tax inflation.
(c) Economic crisis.
4. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Picking apples.
(b) Fixing a wagon.
(c) Picking cotton.
(d) Clearing fields.
5. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Observant owls.
(b) Hunting dogs.
(c) Wily foxes.
(d) Hunted prey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
2. What does Jim report to the checker as the cause of the anger among strikers?
3. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
4. What happens to Dan when he is trying to get out of the tree?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)