|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) He made a speech about people starving.
(b) He was followed to his home one night.
(c) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
(d) She was housing Party members.
2. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
(a) He was suspected of being a radical leader.
(b) He had all of his belongings on him at the time.
(c) He was hanging out with homeless people.
(d) He was watching a radical's speech in the park.
3. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A cop car.
(b) A freight train.
(c) The subway.
(d) A boat.
4. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Sterilizing the pocketknife.
(b) Keeping the mother alive.
(c) Getting the men to work together.
(d) Delivering the baby successfully.
5. What happens to Dan when he is trying to get out of the tree?
(a) Breaks his leg.
(b) Breaks his hip.
(c) Breaks his back.
(d) Breaks his ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
2. What group of people does Dan reminisce about to Jim and Mac?
3. Who does the checker try to bribe for information at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
5. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)