|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Clearing fields.
(b) Fixing a wagon.
(c) Picking apples.
(d) Picking cotton.
2. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
(a) A gun.
(b) A smoke.
(c) A beer.
3. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
(a) Soliciting donations made illegal.
(b) Congregation made illegal.
(c) Picking made illegal.
(d) Separate but equal rights for pickers.
4. What as Mac sent away for the previous night that he expects the next morning?
5. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
(a) Becoming a robot that is controlled by the Party.
(b) An unparalleled and enoyable existence.
(c) An easier life than that of non-Party members.
(d) A life of hard work and poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
2. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
3. Who stops Jim and Mac on their way back from Anderson's land?
4. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
5. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)