|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
(a) He wants to eventually gain control of the Party.
(b) He wants to infiltrate the Party and destroy it.
(c) He wants to avenge his father and mother's deaths.
(d) He wants a new start, different from everything.
2. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
(d) Does not care.
3. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
(a) The Tandale strike.
(b) The Party.
(c) Rosanna Fights Stadium.
(d) The Growers' Association.
4. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
(a) The pickers' leader has been incarcerated.
(b) The pickers have organized a coup.
(c) There have been mass layoffs.
(d) They have been given a pay cut by the Growers' Association.
5. Who does the checker try to bribe for information at the beginning of Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument is heard at the end of Chapter 6?
2. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
3. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
4. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
5. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)