|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Folds the application into an envelope.
(b) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
(c) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
(d) Signs his name on Jim's application.
2. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) American Legionnaires.
(b) Tear gas.
(c) The use of automatic weapons.
(d) Enraged policemen.
3. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
(a) A beer.
(b) A gun.
(c) A smoke.
4. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) His father's meaningless death.
(b) The numerous books he has read.
(c) The five men he met in jail.
(d) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
5. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Lecture and punishment.
(b) Hard labor and fines.
(c) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
(d) Reprimand and expulsion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
2. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
3. Who stops Jim and Mac on their way back from Anderson's land?
4. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
5. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)