|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Observant owls.
(b) Hunting dogs.
(c) Wily foxes.
(d) Hunted prey.
2. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
(a) One man.
(b) Three men.
(c) Two men.
(d) Four men.
3. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) How the Party first came into existence.
(b) His sister's disappearance in school.
(c) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
(d) A public hanging of a Party member.
4. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
(b) Ask for change on the street.
(c) Break into a local store.
(d) Round up sympathizers.
5. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
(a) Men conversing.
(b) A rooster crowing.
(c) A baby crying.
(d) An owl hooting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
2. What musical instrument is heard at the end of Chapter 6?
3. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
4. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
5. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)