|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
(a) The Party.
(b) The Growers' Association.
(c) Rosanna Fights Stadium.
(d) The Tandale strike.
2. Who approaches Jim and Mac saying that the committee wants a report?
(a) A troupe of officers.
(b) A private detective.
(c) The Growers' Association head.
(d) The Valley men.
3. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Delivering the baby successfully.
(b) Sterilizing the pocketknife.
(c) Getting the men to work together.
(d) Keeping the mother alive.
4. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
(a) Sort of dead.
(b) Rigid and cold.
(c) Angry and mean.
(d) Weak in mind.
5. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
(a) He never worked in a hospital.
(b) He did not know what he was doing.
(c) He saw how to deliver a baby once on TV.
(d) He was scared out of his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
2. What as Mac sent away for the previous night that he expects the next morning?
3. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)