|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
(a) A baby crying.
(b) Men conversing.
(c) A rooster crowing.
(d) An owl hooting.
2. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A copy of New Masses.
(b) A documentary film on the Party.
(c) A book on political warfare.
(d) A letter from his family.
3. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) He made a speech about people starving.
(b) He was followed to his home one night.
(c) She was housing Party members.
(d) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
4. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A boat.
(b) The subway.
(c) A freight train.
(d) A cop car.
5. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
(a) She wanted to die for the Party.
(b) She was killed by Party opposers.
(c) She thought the world was coming to an end.
(d) She simply did not want to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
2. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
3. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
4. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
5. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)