|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
2. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
3. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
(b) Homeless people.
4. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
(a) Jim does not have any living relatives.
(b) Jim's name is common.
(c) Identity is nonexistent within the Party.
(d) They absolve all names once inducted into the Party.
5. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
(a) Jim's quick and sudden submission to the Party.
(b) Jim's lack of connection to the Party thus far.
(c) Jim's quitting high school.
(d) Jim's connection to his father, a non-Party member.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches Jim and Mac saying that the committee wants a report?
2. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
3. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
4. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
5. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)