|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Break into a local store.
(b) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
(c) Ask for change on the street.
(d) Round up sympathizers.
2. What does Mac think turned the deal with Al's father about using his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
(a) Mac's relatability.
(b) His admittance to being a red.
(c) The dogs.
(d) Offering of money.
3. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Signs his name on Jim's application.
(b) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
(c) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
(d) Folds the application into an envelope.
4. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
(a) He was suspected of being a radical leader.
(b) He had all of his belongings on him at the time.
(c) He was hanging out with homeless people.
(d) He was watching a radical's speech in the park.
5. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Not fighting the men.
(b) Soap-boxing to Jim.
(c) Bluffing to the men.
(d) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
2. Who is elected chairman of the strikers?
3. Who stops Jim and Mac on their way back from Anderson's land?
4. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
5. What does Jim wonder that Dan should be doing instead of manual labor?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)