|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
(a) Separate but equal rights for pickers.
(b) Picking made illegal.
(c) Congregation made illegal.
(d) Soliciting donations made illegal.
2. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
(a) Guerilla tactics.
(b) Immediate and decisive.
(c) The band aid theory.
(d) The long view.
3. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
(a) They were/are willing to die for the Party.
(b) They simply like to fight.
(c) They both understood what the Party needs.
(d) They were both hit too many times in the head.
4. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A copy of New Masses.
(b) A book on political warfare.
(c) A letter from his family.
(d) A documentary film on the Party.
5. Why are prices inflated at the company store?
(a) Lack of competition.
(b) Economic crisis.
(c) Tax inflation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Who stops Jim and Mac on their way back from Anderson's land?
3. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
4. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
5. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)