|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Break into a local store.
(b) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
(c) Round up sympathizers.
(d) Ask for change on the street.
2. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
(d) Homeless people.
3. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Bluffing to the men.
(b) Not fighting the men.
(c) Soap-boxing to Jim.
(d) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
4. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Clearing fields.
(b) Picking apples.
(c) Picking cotton.
(d) Fixing a wagon.
5. Who approaches Jim and Mac saying that the committee wants a report?
(a) A private detective.
(b) The Valley men.
(c) A troupe of officers.
(d) The Growers' Association head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
2. What musical instrument is heard at the end of Chapter 6?
3. What as Mac sent away for the previous night that he expects the next morning?
4. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
5. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)