|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
(a) A baby crying.
(b) A rooster crowing.
(c) An owl hooting.
(d) Men conversing.
2. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
(a) He was scared out of his mind.
(b) He saw how to deliver a baby once on TV.
(c) He did not know what he was doing.
(d) He never worked in a hospital.
3. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
4. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
5. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
(a) The Party.
(b) The Tandale strike.
(c) Rosanna Fights Stadium.
(d) The Growers' Association.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
2. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
3. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
4. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
5. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)