|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Break into a local store.
(b) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
(c) Ask for change on the street.
(d) Round up sympathizers.
2. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) A public hanging of a Party member.
(b) His sister's disappearance in school.
(c) How the Party first came into existence.
(d) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
3. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) He made a speech about people starving.
(b) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
(c) He was followed to his home one night.
(d) She was housing Party members.
4. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
(a) Swimming in a lake.
(b) A picnic.
(c) Riding his bike.
(d) Reading a book in a tree.
5. Who organizes the men on Anderson's farm land?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
2. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
3. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
4. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
5. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)