|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
(b) Not fighting the men.
(c) Bluffing to the men.
(d) Soap-boxing to Jim.
2. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
(a) All of the books he has read.
(b) Physical ability.
(c) Hatred for the rat race.
(d) Passion for the cause.
3. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
(a) An easier life than that of non-Party members.
(b) Becoming a robot that is controlled by the Party.
(c) A life of hard work and poverty.
(d) An unparalleled and enoyable existence.
4. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
(a) Riding his bike.
(b) Swimming in a lake.
(c) A picnic.
(d) Reading a book in a tree.
5. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Joy must be freed from jail.
(b) They need to buy supplies.
(c) Jim needs to buy jeans.
(d) The strikers need to be motivated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
2. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
3. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
4. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
5. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)