|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
(b) He does not want Jim to read it.
(c) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
(d) The cops go through the place regularly.
2. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
(a) Write him a good reference.
(b) Give him back his week's advance.
(c) Let him come back to the rooming house.
(d) Help him find a new apartment.
3. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Wily foxes.
(b) Hunted prey.
(c) Observant owls.
(d) Hunting dogs.
4. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Hard labor and fines.
(b) Reprimand and expulsion.
(c) Lecture and punishment.
(d) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
5. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
(a) He saw how to deliver a baby once on TV.
(b) He never worked in a hospital.
(c) He did not know what he was doing.
(d) He was scared out of his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
2. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
3. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
4. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)