|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Round up sympathizers.
(b) Ask for change on the street.
(c) Break into a local store.
(d) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
2. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
3. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A copy of New Masses.
(b) A documentary film on the Party.
(c) A book on political warfare.
(d) A letter from his family.
4. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
(a) Rosanna Fights Stadium.
(b) The Party.
(c) The Tandale strike.
(d) The Growers' Association.
5. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
(a) Burn the birthing clothes.
(b) Gather blankets and pillows.
(c) Document the birth in a journal.
(d) Take pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
2. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
3. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
4. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
5. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)