|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
(a) He was watching a radical's speech in the park.
(b) He was hanging out with homeless people.
(c) He was suspected of being a radical leader.
(d) He had all of his belongings on him at the time.
2. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Observant owls.
(b) Hunted prey.
(c) Wily foxes.
(d) Hunting dogs.
3. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) The numerous books he has read.
(b) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
(c) His father's meaningless death.
(d) The five men he met in jail.
4. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
(a) Jim's dog.
(b) Jim's belongings.
(c) Jim's paycheks.
(d) Jim's application.
5. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A letter from his family.
(b) A documentary film on the Party.
(c) A copy of New Masses.
(d) A book on political warfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
2. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
3. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
4. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
5. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)