|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
(a) Physical ability.
(b) All of the books he has read.
(c) Passion for the cause.
(d) Hatred for the rat race.
2. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
(b) She was housing Party members.
(c) He was followed to his home one night.
(d) He made a speech about people starving.
3. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Lecture and punishment.
(b) Hard labor and fines.
(c) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
(d) Reprimand and expulsion.
4. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
5. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
(a) Purges within the Party.
(b) The impending strike.
(c) His father's crop.
(d) Losing customers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
2. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
3. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
4. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
5. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)