|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Lecture and punishment.
(b) Hard labor and fines.
(c) Reprimand and expulsion.
(d) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
2. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
(a) Help him find a new apartment.
(b) Let him come back to the rooming house.
(c) Give him back his week's advance.
(d) Write him a good reference.
3. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
(a) Physical ability.
(b) Passion for the cause.
(c) Hatred for the rat race.
(d) All of the books he has read.
4. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
(a) Riding his bike.
(b) A picnic.
(c) Reading a book in a tree.
(d) Swimming in a lake.
5. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
(a) She wanted to die for the Party.
(b) She was killed by Party opposers.
(c) She simply did not want to live.
(d) She thought the world was coming to an end.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
2. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
3. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
4. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
5. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)