|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) She was housing Party members.
(b) He made a speech about people starving.
(c) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
(d) He was followed to his home one night.
2. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
(a) Three men.
(b) Four men.
(c) Two men.
(d) One man.
3. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) No one.
4. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) The use of automatic weapons.
(b) Enraged policemen.
(c) American Legionnaires.
(d) Tear gas.
5. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Break into a local store.
(b) Ask for change on the street.
(c) Round up sympathizers.
(d) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
2. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
3. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
4. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
5. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)