|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Delivering the baby successfully.
(b) Sterilizing the pocketknife.
(c) Keeping the mother alive.
(d) Getting the men to work together.
2. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
(a) Drunk and disorderly.
(b) Public disturbance.
(c) Stabbing a cop in the shoulder with a pocketknife.
(d) Taking a cop hostage.
3. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Wily foxes.
(b) Observant owls.
(c) Hunting dogs.
(d) Hunted prey.
4. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Folds the application into an envelope.
(b) Signs his name on Jim's application.
(c) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
(d) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
5. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
(a) They simply like to fight.
(b) They were/are willing to die for the Party.
(c) They both understood what the Party needs.
(d) They were both hit too many times in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
2. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
3. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
4. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)