|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
(a) Separate but equal rights for pickers.
(b) Soliciting donations made illegal.
(c) Congregation made illegal.
(d) Picking made illegal.
2. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
(a) Two men.
(b) Three men.
(c) One man.
(d) Four men.
3. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
(a) A beer.
(b) A gun.
(d) A smoke.
4. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A documentary film on the Party.
(b) A copy of New Masses.
(c) A book on political warfare.
(d) A letter from his family.
5. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Ask for change on the street.
(b) Break into a local store.
(c) Round up sympathizers.
(d) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
2. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
3. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
4. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
5. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)