|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) He does not want Jim to read it.
(b) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
(c) The cops go through the place regularly.
(d) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
2. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
(a) They simply like to fight.
(b) They both understood what the Party needs.
(c) They were both hit too many times in the head.
(d) They were/are willing to die for the Party.
3. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
(a) He had all of his belongings on him at the time.
(b) He was suspected of being a radical leader.
(c) He was watching a radical's speech in the park.
(d) He was hanging out with homeless people.
4. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Bluffing to the men.
(b) Not fighting the men.
(c) Soap-boxing to Jim.
(d) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
5. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
(a) She thought the world was coming to an end.
(b) She simply did not want to live.
(c) She was killed by Party opposers.
(d) She wanted to die for the Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
3. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
4. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
5. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)