|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
(b) The cops go through the place regularly.
(c) He does not want Jim to read it.
(d) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
2. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
(a) Congregation made illegal.
(b) Soliciting donations made illegal.
(c) Separate but equal rights for pickers.
(d) Picking made illegal.
3. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
4. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
(a) Give him back his week's advance.
(b) Write him a good reference.
(c) Help him find a new apartment.
(d) Let him come back to the rooming house.
5. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
(a) One man.
(b) Four men.
(c) Three men.
(d) Two men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
2. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
3. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
5. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)