|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
(a) Jim will lose his hatred.
(b) Jim will not enjoy the Party.
(c) Jim will die for the Party.
(d) Jim will take over the Party.
2. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
(a) They have been given a pay cut by the Growers' Association.
(b) The pickers have organized a coup.
(c) The pickers' leader has been incarcerated.
(d) There have been mass layoffs.
3. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) Tear gas.
(b) Enraged policemen.
(c) The use of automatic weapons.
(d) American Legionnaires.
4. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
(a) He punched a non-Party member too hard.
(b) He fought off a police officer's dog.
(c) Non-Party members rode over his hand with a horse.
(d) He tried to break into a non-Party member's home.
5. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
(a) Congregation made illegal.
(b) Soliciting donations made illegal.
(c) Picking made illegal.
(d) Separate but equal rights for pickers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
2. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
3. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
4. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
5. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)