|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Not fighting the men.
(b) Soap-boxing to Jim.
(c) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
(d) Bluffing to the men.
2. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
(b) His father.
(c) No one.
(d) His mother.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
4. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
(b) Signs his name on Jim's application.
(c) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
(d) Folds the application into an envelope.
5. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
(a) Jim's name is common.
(b) Jim does not have any living relatives.
(c) Identity is nonexistent within the Party.
(d) They absolve all names once inducted into the Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
2. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
3. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
4. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
5. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)