|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
(a) Jim will take over the Party.
(b) Jim will lose his hatred.
(c) Jim will die for the Party.
(d) Jim will not enjoy the Party.
2. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
(a) Physical ability.
(b) Hatred for the rat race.
(c) All of the books he has read.
(d) Passion for the cause.
3. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
(a) An unparalleled and enoyable existence.
(b) Becoming a robot that is controlled by the Party.
(c) A life of hard work and poverty.
(d) An easier life than that of non-Party members.
4. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) Enraged policemen.
(b) The use of automatic weapons.
(c) Tear gas.
(d) American Legionnaires.
5. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
(a) Jim's quitting high school.
(b) Jim's lack of connection to the Party thus far.
(c) Jim's connection to his father, a non-Party member.
(d) Jim's quick and sudden submission to the Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
2. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
4. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
5. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)