|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) The five men he met in jail.
(b) His father's meaningless death.
(c) The numerous books he has read.
(d) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
2. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
(a) Four men.
(b) Two men.
(c) One man.
(d) Three men.
3. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
(a) Rigid and cold.
(b) Sort of dead.
(c) Weak in mind.
(d) Angry and mean.
4. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
(a) It would have been worth the gamble.
(b) It would have devastated the men.
(c) It was his greatest fear during the experience.
(d) London would never speak to him again.
5. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
(a) Swimming in a lake.
(b) Reading a book in a tree.
(c) A picnic.
(d) Riding his bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
2. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
3. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
4. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
5. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)