|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
(a) He was watching a radical's speech in the park.
(b) He was suspected of being a radical leader.
(c) He was hanging out with homeless people.
(d) He had all of his belongings on him at the time.
2. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) How the Party first came into existence.
(b) A public hanging of a Party member.
(c) His sister's disappearance in school.
(d) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
3. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
(a) He never worked in a hospital.
(b) He did not know what he was doing.
(c) He was scared out of his mind.
(d) He saw how to deliver a baby once on TV.
4. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
(a) Write him a good reference.
(b) Help him find a new apartment.
(c) Give him back his week's advance.
(d) Let him come back to the rooming house.
5. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Keeping the mother alive.
(b) Sterilizing the pocketknife.
(c) Getting the men to work together.
(d) Delivering the baby successfully.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
2. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
3. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
4. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
5. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)