|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) The use of automatic weapons.
(b) American Legionnaires.
(c) Enraged policemen.
(d) Tear gas.
2. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
(a) Take pictures.
(b) Burn the birthing clothes.
(c) Document the birth in a journal.
(d) Gather blankets and pillows.
3. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(d) Clear thinking.
4. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
(b) Soap-boxing to Jim.
(c) Bluffing to the men.
(d) Not fighting the men.
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
(a) Jim will die for the Party.
(b) Jim will take over the Party.
(c) Jim will lose his hatred.
(d) Jim will not enjoy the Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
2. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
3. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
4. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
5. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)