|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
(a) She simply did not want to live.
(b) She was killed by Party opposers.
(c) She thought the world was coming to an end.
(d) She wanted to die for the Party.
2. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
3. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) Tear gas.
(b) American Legionnaires.
(c) Enraged policemen.
(d) The use of automatic weapons.
4. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
(a) A gun.
(c) A smoke.
(d) A beer.
5. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) His father's meaningless death.
(b) The five men he met in jail.
(c) The numerous books he has read.
(d) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
2. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
3. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
4. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
5. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)