|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
(a) There have been mass layoffs.
(b) They have been given a pay cut by the Growers' Association.
(c) The pickers have organized a coup.
(d) The pickers' leader has been incarcerated.
2. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) Tear gas.
(b) The use of automatic weapons.
(c) American Legionnaires.
(d) Enraged policemen.
3. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
(a) Drunk and disorderly.
(b) Stabbing a cop in the shoulder with a pocketknife.
(c) Public disturbance.
(d) Taking a cop hostage.
4. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
(b) A public hanging of a Party member.
(c) How the Party first came into existence.
(d) His sister's disappearance in school.
5. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
2. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
3. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
4. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
5. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)