|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
(a) Rigid and cold.
(b) Sort of dead.
(c) Weak in mind.
(d) Angry and mean.
2. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
(a) He wants to avenge his father and mother's deaths.
(b) He wants a new start, different from everything.
(c) He wants to eventually gain control of the Party.
(d) He wants to infiltrate the Party and destroy it.
3. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) His father's meaningless death.
(b) The numerous books he has read.
(c) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
(d) The five men he met in jail.
4. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
(a) She thought the world was coming to an end.
(b) She was killed by Party opposers.
(c) She simply did not want to live.
(d) She wanted to die for the Party.
5. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
(a) Write him a good reference.
(b) Let him come back to the rooming house.
(c) Give him back his week's advance.
(d) Help him find a new apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
2. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
3. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
4. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
5. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)