|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
(a) The strikers will start their own association.
(b) The Growers' Association will dissolve.
(c) The whole district is organized by spring.
(d) The Growers' Association will give in to their demands.
2. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
3. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
(a) He wants to eventually gain control of the Party.
(b) He wants to infiltrate the Party and destroy it.
(c) He wants a new start, different from everything.
(d) He wants to avenge his father and mother's deaths.
4. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Jim needs to buy jeans.
(b) Joy must be freed from jail.
(c) The strikers need to be motivated.
(d) They need to buy supplies.
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
(a) Jim will not enjoy the Party.
(b) Jim will die for the Party.
(c) Jim will take over the Party.
(d) Jim will lose his hatred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
2. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
3. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
4. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
5. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)