|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
(a) The Tandale strike.
(b) Rosanna Fights Stadium.
(c) The Party.
(d) The Growers' Association.
2. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) A public hanging of a Party member.
(b) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
(c) How the Party first came into existence.
(d) His sister's disappearance in school.
3. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
(b) Not fighting the men.
(c) Soap-boxing to Jim.
(d) Bluffing to the men.
4. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
(b) The cops go through the place regularly.
(c) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
(d) He does not want Jim to read it.
5. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
(a) He wants to avenge his father and mother's deaths.
(b) He wants a new start, different from everything.
(c) He wants to eventually gain control of the Party.
(d) He wants to infiltrate the Party and destroy it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
2. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
3. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
4. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)