|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
(b) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
(c) He does not want Jim to read it.
(d) The cops go through the place regularly.
2. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
(a) Rigid and cold.
(b) Weak in mind.
(c) Sort of dead.
(d) Angry and mean.
3. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Round up sympathizers.
(b) Break into a local store.
(c) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
(d) Ask for change on the street.
4. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
(a) Purges within the Party.
(b) His father's crop.
(c) The impending strike.
(d) Losing customers.
5. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
(a) Identity is nonexistent within the Party.
(b) Jim does not have any living relatives.
(c) They absolve all names once inducted into the Party.
(d) Jim's name is common.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
2. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
3. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
4. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
5. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)