|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
(a) The Instigator.
(b) The Don Juan.
(c) The Du Barry.
(d) The Propagandist.
2. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
(a) The strikers will start their own association.
(b) The whole district is organized by spring.
(c) The Growers' Association will dissolve.
(d) The Growers' Association will give in to their demands.
3. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) The five men he met in jail.
(b) His father's meaningless death.
(c) The numerous books he has read.
(d) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
4. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
(a) He punched a non-Party member too hard.
(b) Non-Party members rode over his hand with a horse.
(c) He tried to break into a non-Party member's home.
(d) He fought off a police officer's dog.
5. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) American Legionnaires.
(b) Enraged policemen.
(c) The use of automatic weapons.
(d) Tear gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
3. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
4. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)