|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Hard labor and fines.
(b) Reprimand and expulsion.
(c) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
(d) Lecture and punishment.
2. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) The numerous books he has read.
(b) His father's meaningless death.
(c) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
(d) The five men he met in jail.
3. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
(a) The pickers' leader has been incarcerated.
(b) There have been mass layoffs.
(c) The pickers have organized a coup.
(d) They have been given a pay cut by the Growers' Association.
4. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
(a) They simply like to fight.
(b) They were/are willing to die for the Party.
(c) They were both hit too many times in the head.
(d) They both understood what the Party needs.
5. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Hunting dogs.
(b) Hunted prey.
(c) Observant owls.
(d) Wily foxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
2. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
3. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
4. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
5. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)