|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) The use of automatic weapons.
(b) Tear gas.
(c) American Legionnaires.
(d) Enraged policemen.
2. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
(a) Jim's lack of connection to the Party thus far.
(b) Jim's quick and sudden submission to the Party.
(c) Jim's connection to his father, a non-Party member.
(d) Jim's quitting high school.
3. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
(a) The pickers have organized a coup.
(b) They have been given a pay cut by the Growers' Association.
(c) There have been mass layoffs.
(d) The pickers' leader has been incarcerated.
4. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Folds the application into an envelope.
(b) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
(c) Signs his name on Jim's application.
(d) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
5. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
(a) Becoming a robot that is controlled by the Party.
(b) An easier life than that of non-Party members.
(c) An unparalleled and enoyable existence.
(d) A life of hard work and poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
2. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
3. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
4. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
5. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)