|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
(a) The band aid theory.
(b) Immediate and decisive.
(c) The long view.
(d) Guerilla tactics.
2. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
(a) Jim will not enjoy the Party.
(b) Jim will die for the Party.
(c) Jim will take over the Party.
(d) Jim will lose his hatred.
3. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
(a) He tried to break into a non-Party member's home.
(b) He fought off a police officer's dog.
(c) Non-Party members rode over his hand with a horse.
(d) He punched a non-Party member too hard.
4. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Ask for change on the street.
(b) Break into a local store.
(c) Round up sympathizers.
(d) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
5. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) His sister's disappearance in school.
(b) A public hanging of a Party member.
(c) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
(d) How the Party first came into existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
2. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
4. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
5. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)