|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
(a) Jim's paycheks.
(b) Jim's application.
(c) Jim's dog.
(d) Jim's belongings.
2. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
(b) Lecture and punishment.
(c) Hard labor and fines.
(d) Reprimand and expulsion.
3. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
(a) Immediate and decisive.
(b) The band aid theory.
(c) Guerilla tactics.
(d) The long view.
4. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
(b) Round up sympathizers.
(c) Break into a local store.
(d) Ask for change on the street.
5. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
(b) The five men he met in jail.
(c) His father's meaningless death.
(d) The numerous books he has read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
2. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
3. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
4. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
5. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)