|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(d) Clear thinking.
2. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
(a) Jim will lose his hatred.
(b) Jim will not enjoy the Party.
(c) Jim will take over the Party.
(d) Jim will die for the Party.
3. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
(a) Separate but equal rights for pickers.
(b) Soliciting donations made illegal.
(c) Congregation made illegal.
(d) Picking made illegal.
4. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
(b) Folds the application into an envelope.
(c) Signs his name on Jim's application.
(d) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
5. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
(a) Drunk and disorderly.
(b) Public disturbance.
(c) Taking a cop hostage.
(d) Stabbing a cop in the shoulder with a pocketknife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
2. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
3. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
4. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
5. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)