|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
(a) The pickers have organized a coup.
(b) They have been given a pay cut by the Growers' Association.
(c) The pickers' leader has been incarcerated.
(d) There have been mass layoffs.
2. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
(a) They were both hit too many times in the head.
(b) They simply like to fight.
(c) They both understood what the Party needs.
(d) They were/are willing to die for the Party.
3. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) No one.
4. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
(a) Jim's quitting high school.
(b) Jim's lack of connection to the Party thus far.
(c) Jim's quick and sudden submission to the Party.
(d) Jim's connection to his father, a non-Party member.
5. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(a) Clear thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
2. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
3. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
4. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
5. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)