|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
2. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Break into a local store.
(b) Round up sympathizers.
(c) Ask for change on the street.
(d) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
3. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Hard labor and fines.
(b) Reprimand and expulsion.
(c) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
(d) Lecture and punishment.
4. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) Tear gas.
(b) The use of automatic weapons.
(c) American Legionnaires.
(d) Enraged policemen.
5. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
2. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
3. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
4. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
5. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)