|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) Tear gas.
(b) The use of automatic weapons.
(c) American Legionnaires.
(d) Enraged policemen.
2. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
3. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
(a) Taking a cop hostage.
(b) Public disturbance.
(c) Stabbing a cop in the shoulder with a pocketknife.
(d) Drunk and disorderly.
4. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
(a) Jim will die for the Party.
(b) Jim will not enjoy the Party.
(c) Jim will take over the Party.
(d) Jim will lose his hatred.
5. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
(a) Weak in mind.
(b) Rigid and cold.
(c) Angry and mean.
(d) Sort of dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
2. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
3. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
4. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
5. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)