|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) They need to buy supplies.
(b) Jim needs to buy jeans.
(c) Joy must be freed from jail.
(d) The strikers need to be motivated.
2. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
(b) Reprimand and expulsion.
(c) Lecture and punishment.
(d) Hard labor and fines.
3. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) How the Party first came into existence.
(b) A public hanging of a Party member.
(c) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
(d) His sister's disappearance in school.
4. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Hunting dogs.
(b) Wily foxes.
(c) Observant owls.
(d) Hunted prey.
5. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
2. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
3. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
4. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
5. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)