|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) No one.
2. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) She was housing Party members.
(b) He was followed to his home one night.
(c) He made a speech about people starving.
(d) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
3. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
(a) Four men.
(b) Two men.
(c) Three men.
(d) One man.
4. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
(a) They both understood what the Party needs.
(b) They were/are willing to die for the Party.
(c) They simply like to fight.
(d) They were both hit too many times in the head.
5. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Hard labor and fines.
(b) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
(c) Reprimand and expulsion.
(d) Lecture and punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
2. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
3. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
4. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
5. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)