|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
(a) Four men.
(b) One man.
(c) Two men.
(d) Three men.
2. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
(a) Congregation made illegal.
(b) Soliciting donations made illegal.
(c) Picking made illegal.
(d) Separate but equal rights for pickers.
3. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
(a) The Du Barry.
(b) The Instigator.
(c) The Don Juan.
(d) The Propagandist.
4. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) He was followed to his home one night.
(b) She was housing Party members.
(c) He made a speech about people starving.
(d) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
5. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
(a) Jim does not have any living relatives.
(b) They absolve all names once inducted into the Party.
(c) Jim's name is common.
(d) Identity is nonexistent within the Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
2. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
3. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
4. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
5. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)