|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) He was followed to his home one night.
(b) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
(c) He made a speech about people starving.
(d) She was housing Party members.
2. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
(a) Becoming a robot that is controlled by the Party.
(b) An easier life than that of non-Party members.
(c) A life of hard work and poverty.
(d) An unparalleled and enoyable existence.
3. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
(a) He punched a non-Party member too hard.
(b) He fought off a police officer's dog.
(c) He tried to break into a non-Party member's home.
(d) Non-Party members rode over his hand with a horse.
4. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
(a) The strikers will start their own association.
(b) The Growers' Association will give in to their demands.
(c) The Growers' Association will dissolve.
(d) The whole district is organized by spring.
5. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
(b) He does not want Jim to read it.
(c) The cops go through the place regularly.
(d) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
2. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
3. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
5. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)