|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
(a) Passion for the cause.
(b) Hatred for the rat race.
(c) All of the books he has read.
(d) Physical ability.
2. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
(a) She wanted to die for the Party.
(b) She was killed by Party opposers.
(c) She simply did not want to live.
(d) She thought the world was coming to an end.
3. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Jim needs to buy jeans.
(b) Joy must be freed from jail.
(c) The strikers need to be motivated.
(d) They need to buy supplies.
4. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Round up sympathizers.
(b) Ask for change on the street.
(c) Break into a local store.
(d) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
5. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
(a) The Instigator.
(b) The Propagandist.
(c) The Du Barry.
(d) The Don Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
2. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
3. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
4. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
5. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)