|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
(a) Let him come back to the rooming house.
(b) Write him a good reference.
(c) Help him find a new apartment.
(d) Give him back his week's advance.
2. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) His father's meaningless death.
(b) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
(c) The five men he met in jail.
(d) The numerous books he has read.
3. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(a) Clear thinking.
4. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
(b) A public hanging of a Party member.
(c) How the Party first came into existence.
(d) His sister's disappearance in school.
5. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
2. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
3. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
4. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
5. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)