|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
(a) The Instigator.
(b) The Don Juan.
(c) The Propagandist.
(d) The Du Barry.
2. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A letter from his family.
(b) A book on political warfare.
(c) A documentary film on the Party.
(d) A copy of New Masses.
3. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
4. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) How the Party first came into existence.
(b) A public hanging of a Party member.
(c) His sister's disappearance in school.
(d) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
5. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
(a) Give him back his week's advance.
(b) Help him find a new apartment.
(c) Let him come back to the rooming house.
(d) Write him a good reference.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
2. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
3. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
4. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
5. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)