|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) Tear gas.
(b) Enraged policemen.
(c) American Legionnaires.
(d) The use of automatic weapons.
2. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
(a) Weak in mind.
(b) Angry and mean.
(c) Rigid and cold.
(d) Sort of dead.
3. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A letter from his family.
(b) A book on political warfare.
(c) A copy of New Masses.
(d) A documentary film on the Party.
4. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Lecture and punishment.
(b) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
(c) Hard labor and fines.
(d) Reprimand and expulsion.
5. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
(a) He had all of his belongings on him at the time.
(b) He was watching a radical's speech in the park.
(c) He was hanging out with homeless people.
(d) He was suspected of being a radical leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
2. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
3. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
4. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
5. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)