|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The strikers need to be motivated.
(b) Joy must be freed from jail.
(c) Jim needs to buy jeans.
(d) They need to buy supplies.
2. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
(a) Four men.
(b) Three men.
(c) One man.
(d) Two men.
3. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
(a) His mother.
(b) No one.
(d) His father.
4. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
(a) Becoming a robot that is controlled by the Party.
(b) A life of hard work and poverty.
(c) An easier life than that of non-Party members.
(d) An unparalleled and enoyable existence.
5. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Round up sympathizers.
(b) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
(c) Ask for change on the street.
(d) Break into a local store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
2. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
3. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
4. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
5. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)