|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) He does not want Jim to read it.
(b) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
(c) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
(d) The cops go through the place regularly.
2. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
(a) The pickers have organized a coup.
(b) There have been mass layoffs.
(c) The pickers' leader has been incarcerated.
(d) They have been given a pay cut by the Growers' Association.
3. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Round up sympathizers.
(b) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
(c) Break into a local store.
(d) Ask for change on the street.
4. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(c) Clear thinking.
5. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Lecture and punishment.
(b) Reprimand and expulsion.
(c) Hard labor and fines.
(d) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
2. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
5. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)