|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
(a) The Instigator.
(b) The Don Juan.
(c) The Propagandist.
(d) The Du Barry.
2. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Signs his name on Jim's application.
(b) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
(c) Folds the application into an envelope.
(d) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
3. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Hunting dogs.
(b) Observant owls.
(c) Hunted prey.
(d) Wily foxes.
4. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
5. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
(b) His sister's disappearance in school.
(c) A public hanging of a Party member.
(d) How the Party first came into existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
2. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
3. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
4. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
5. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)