|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(a) Clear thinking.
2. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
(b) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
(c) The cops go through the place regularly.
(d) He does not want Jim to read it.
3. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
(a) She was killed by Party opposers.
(b) She wanted to die for the Party.
(c) She thought the world was coming to an end.
(d) She simply did not want to live.
4. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) Enraged policemen.
(b) Tear gas.
(c) The use of automatic weapons.
(d) American Legionnaires.
5. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Hunting dogs.
(b) Wily foxes.
(c) Hunted prey.
(d) Observant owls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
2. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
4. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
5. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)