|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
(b) Folds the application into an envelope.
(c) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
(d) Signs his name on Jim's application.
2. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) He made a speech about people starving.
(b) She was housing Party members.
(c) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
(d) He was followed to his home one night.
3. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
(a) He was hanging out with homeless people.
(b) He was watching a radical's speech in the park.
(c) He had all of his belongings on him at the time.
(d) He was suspected of being a radical leader.
4. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
(a) Rigid and cold.
(b) Sort of dead.
(c) Angry and mean.
(d) Weak in mind.
5. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
(a) His father.
(c) No one.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
2. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
3. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
4. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
5. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)