|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
(a) Jim's connection to his father, a non-Party member.
(b) Jim's quick and sudden submission to the Party.
(c) Jim's lack of connection to the Party thus far.
(d) Jim's quitting high school.
2. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
(a) Jim's paycheks.
(b) Jim's belongings.
(c) Jim's dog.
(d) Jim's application.
3. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Wily foxes.
(b) Hunted prey.
(c) Observant owls.
(d) Hunting dogs.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
5. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
(a) Becoming a robot that is controlled by the Party.
(b) A life of hard work and poverty.
(c) An easier life than that of non-Party members.
(d) An unparalleled and enoyable existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
2. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
3. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
4. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
5. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)