|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
2. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
(a) Jim's paycheks.
(b) Jim's dog.
(c) Jim's application.
(d) Jim's belongings.
3. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
(b) The cops go through the place regularly.
(c) He does not want Jim to read it.
(d) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
4. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Signs his name on Jim's application.
(b) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
(c) Folds the application into an envelope.
(d) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
5. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
(a) Jim's name is common.
(b) Identity is nonexistent within the Party.
(c) Jim does not have any living relatives.
(d) They absolve all names once inducted into the Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
2. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
3. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
4. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
5. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)