|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does it take to pick and clear Anderson's crop?
(a) Seven hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) Nine hundred.
2. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
(a) To remove the bullets out commemorative decoration.
(b) To cremate his body.
(c) To keep the men together.
(d) To keep Joy's body from the non-Party members.
3. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
4. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
(a) Angry man.
(b) Group man.
(c) Animalistic tendencies.
(d) Irrational thought.
5. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Blacklist them all.
(c) Banish them from the city.
(d) Jail them for life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
2. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
3. What are the deputies on the road complaining about and might start shooting back at?
4. What does Mac think turned the deal with Al's father about using his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
5. What does Mac want from the strike chairman after seeing the false newspaper headline?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)