|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter 6 before he falls asleep?
(a) A baby crying.
(b) An owl hooting.
(c) Men conversing.
(d) A rooster crowing.
2. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Mac warn will happen if Anderson's farm is touched at all?
(a) The whole valley will burn.
(b) The Party will dissolve.
(c) The men will gain more power.
(d) The men will lose faith.
3. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A tree-topper.
(c) Crop supervisor.
4. For what reason does Mac want reassurance from Doc Burton that he has no civil or legal problems?
(b) His job.
(c) His financial welfare.
5. What does Mac think turned the deal with Al's father about using his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
(a) Mac's relatability.
(b) Offering of money.
(c) The dogs.
(d) His admittance to being a red.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
2. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
3. What does Mac tell Doc Burton about the strike situation?
4. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
5. What does Mac notice as strange when he looks up at the watchers on the nearby buildings?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)