|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
(a) Al's daughter.
(b) Al's girlfriend.
(c) London's daughter.
(d) London's daughter-in-law.
2. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A tree-topper.
(d) Crop supervisor.
3. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
4. What does Mac think turned the deal with Al's father about using his land as a camping ground for the strikers?
(a) The dogs.
(b) Mac's relatability.
(c) Offering of money.
(d) His admittance to being a red.
5. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
(a) Swimming in a lake.
(b) A picnic.
(c) Riding his bike.
(d) Reading a book in a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
2. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
3. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
4. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
5. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)