Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
2. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
(a) Immediate and decisive.
(b) The long view.
(c) Guerilla tactics.
(d) The band aid theory.
3. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A documentary film on the Party.
(b) A copy of New Masses.
(c) A letter from his family.
(d) A book on political warfare.
4. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
5. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) She was housing Party members.
(b) He was followed to his home one night.
(c) He made a speech about people starving.
(d) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
2. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
3. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
4. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
5. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)