Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(d) Clear thinking.
2. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
(b) He was followed to his home one night.
(c) He made a speech about people starving.
(d) She was housing Party members.
3. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
(a) Weak in mind.
(b) Sort of dead.
(c) Angry and mean.
(d) Rigid and cold.
4. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
(a) The Du Barry.
(b) The Don Juan.
(c) The Instigator.
(d) The Propagandist.
5. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
(a) Non-Party members rode over his hand with a horse.
(b) He fought off a police officer's dog.
(c) He punched a non-Party member too hard.
(d) He tried to break into a non-Party member's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
2. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
3. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
4. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)