|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) He was followed to his home one night.
(b) She was housing Party members.
(c) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
(d) He made a speech about people starving.
2. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
3. What musical instrument is heard at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A violin.
(b) A drum.
(c) A harmonica.
(d) A guitar.
4. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
(a) He has microphones on the train.
(b) He has spies on the train.
(c) His people check employment agencies.
(d) He keeps a cell phone on him.
5. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
(a) Congregation made illegal.
(b) Separate but equal rights for pickers.
(c) Picking made illegal.
(d) Soliciting donations made illegal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
2. How many men are in the squads sent out?
3. Who do the group of men decide is the next labor leader to die following Joy?
4. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
5. To whom does Mac write a letter asking for help?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)