|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 10, what historical battle does Jim tell Mac to calm his worries?
(a) Battle of Marathon.
(b) Battle of Iwo Jima.
(c) Battle of Salamis.
(d) Battle of Thermopylae.
2. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
(a) Stabbing a cop in the shoulder with a pocketknife.
(b) Drunk and disorderly.
(c) Taking a cop hostage.
(d) Public disturbance.
3. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) He does not want Jim to read it.
(b) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
(c) The cops go through the place regularly.
(d) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
4. Who goes with the group that includes Sam?
5. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are in the squads sent out?
2. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
3. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
4. Who decides to join the Party?
5. Who does the orchard superintendent remind London is the judge?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)