|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ordinance does Mac predict the county will pass in the event of a strike?
(a) Picking made illegal.
(b) Soliciting donations made illegal.
(c) Separate but equal rights for pickers.
(d) Congregation made illegal.
2. Why is Dan seeming to lose his mind, according to Doc Burton?
(a) He took pills.
(b) He is constipated.
(c) He has not eaten.
(d) He ate bad meat.
3. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
(a) A beer.
(b) A gun.
(d) A smoke.
4. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
(a) He works both sides.
(b) He does delivery work.
(c) He pays dues to the Valley men.
(d) His wife comes from a wealthy family.
5. What happens to Dan when he is trying to get out of the tree?
(a) Breaks his ankle.
(b) Breaks his hip.
(c) Breaks his back.
(d) Breaks his leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim elude the cops after he and Mac go to talk to the deputies?
2. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
3. What does Sam brag about being a part of?
4. What is delivered by truck to the camp?
5. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)