|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the orchard superintendent remind London is the judge?
(d) Doc Burton.
2. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(a) Clear thinking.
3. What are the men doing before that they have to be sent out to do something?
(a) Fighting among themselves.
(b) Becoming depressed.
(c) Losing faith in the cause.
(d) Breaking the strike.
4. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
(b) A tree-topper.
(c) Crop supervisor.
(d) An engineer.
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
(a) Jim will not enjoy the Party.
(b) Jim will die for the Party.
(c) Jim will lose his hatred.
(d) Jim will take over the Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, what does Mac say to Jim is the hardest part about what they do for the Party?
2. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
3. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
4. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
5. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)