|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mac send Sam after he has killed his captor and escaped?
(a) To a hideout and a sympathizer.
(b) To the next outbound train.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the Valley headquarters.
2. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Hard labor and fines.
(b) Reprimand and expulsion.
(c) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
(d) Lecture and punishment.
3. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
(a) A life of hard work and poverty.
(b) Becoming a robot that is controlled by the Party.
(c) An easier life than that of non-Party members.
(d) An unparalleled and enoyable existence.
4. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
(a) Give him back his week's advance.
(b) Help him find a new apartment.
(c) Let him come back to the rooming house.
(d) Write him a good reference.
5. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Mac warn will happen if Anderson's farm is touched at all?
(a) The whole valley will burn.
(b) The Party will dissolve.
(c) The men will gain more power.
(d) The men will lose faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Dick believes he is spotted for vagrancy, who does he send for to replace him?
2. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
3. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
4. Who sends out the squads of men the morning following Joy's death?
5. How many men are in the squads sent out?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)