|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the orchard superintendent remind London is the judge?
(b) Doc Burton.
2. What does Doc claim he would do if he were the boss of the other side?
(a) Apologize for Joy.
(b) Shoot Mac.
(c) Help out the strikers.
(d) Not allow the funeral.
3. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
(a) Group man.
(b) Animalistic tendencies.
(c) Angry man.
(d) Irrational thought.
4. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) The cops go through the place regularly.
(b) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
(c) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
(d) He does not want Jim to read it.
5. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
2. At the end of Chapter 10, what historical battle does Jim tell Mac to calm his worries?
3. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
4. Who goes with the group that includes Sam?
5. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)