|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
(a) Stabbing a cop in the shoulder with a pocketknife.
(b) Taking a cop hostage.
(c) Public disturbance.
(d) Drunk and disorderly.
2. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
3. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
(a) Throw everyone in jail.
(b) Pass an ordinance against gathering.
(c) Bring in extra police.
(d) Cave in to the strikers' demands.
4. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
(b) Homeless people.
5. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Delivering the baby successfully.
(b) Keeping the mother alive.
(c) Sterilizing the pocketknife.
(d) Getting the men to work together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
2. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
3. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
4. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
5. What group of people does Dan reminisce about to Jim and Mac?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)