|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) The five men he met in jail.
(b) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
(c) His father's meaningless death.
(d) The numerous books he has read.
2. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
(a) It would have devastated the men.
(b) It was his greatest fear during the experience.
(c) London would never speak to him again.
(d) It would have been worth the gamble.
3. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
(a) The Tandale strike.
(b) The Party.
(c) The Growers' Association.
(d) Rosanna Fights Stadium.
4. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(a) Clear thinking.
5. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
(b) A doctor.
(c) Sanitary bathrooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
2. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
3. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
4. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
5. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)