|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
(a) Document the birth in a journal.
(b) Burn the birthing clothes.
(c) Take pictures.
(d) Gather blankets and pillows.
2. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
(a) He was suspected of being a radical leader.
(b) He was watching a radical's speech in the park.
(c) He was hanging out with homeless people.
(d) He had all of his belongings on him at the time.
3. Why are prices inflated at the company store?
(a) Tax inflation.
(c) Economic crisis.
(d) Lack of competition.
4. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
(a) They absolve all names once inducted into the Party.
(b) Jim does not have any living relatives.
(c) Jim's name is common.
(d) Identity is nonexistent within the Party.
5. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
(a) Guerilla tactics.
(b) The band aid theory.
(c) Immediate and decisive.
(d) The long view.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
2. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
3. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
4. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
5. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)