|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A boat.
(b) A cop car.
(c) A freight train.
(d) The subway.
2. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
(a) She thought the world was coming to an end.
(b) She simply did not want to live.
(c) She wanted to die for the Party.
(d) She was killed by Party opposers.
3. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
(a) The impending strike.
(b) Purges within the Party.
(c) Losing customers.
(d) His father's crop.
4. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
(a) They absolve all names once inducted into the Party.
(b) Identity is nonexistent within the Party.
(c) Jim's name is common.
(d) Jim does not have any living relatives.
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
(a) Jim will lose his hatred.
(b) Jim will die for the Party.
(c) Jim will take over the Party.
(d) Jim will not enjoy the Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
2. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
3. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
4. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
5. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)