|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
2. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
(a) Does not care.
3. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
(b) Signs his name on Jim's application.
(c) Folds the application into an envelope.
(d) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
4. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
(a) He tried to break into a non-Party member's home.
(b) He punched a non-Party member too hard.
(c) He fought off a police officer's dog.
(d) Non-Party members rode over his hand with a horse.
5. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
(a) Document the birth in a journal.
(b) Take pictures.
(c) Burn the birthing clothes.
(d) Gather blankets and pillows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
3. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
4. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
5. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)