|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim wonder that Dan should be doing instead of manual labor?
(b) Working the charity system.
(c) Union work.
2. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
(a) They have been given a pay cut by the Growers' Association.
(b) The pickers have organized a coup.
(c) The pickers' leader has been incarcerated.
(d) There have been mass layoffs.
3. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
(a) Non-Party members rode over his hand with a horse.
(b) He tried to break into a non-Party member's home.
(c) He fought off a police officer's dog.
(d) He punched a non-Party member too hard.
4. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
(d) Does not care.
5. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
(a) He was scared out of his mind.
(b) He never worked in a hospital.
(c) He did not know what he was doing.
(d) He saw how to deliver a baby once on TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
2. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
3. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
5. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)