|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
(a) Non-Party members rode over his hand with a horse.
(b) He fought off a police officer's dog.
(c) He punched a non-Party member too hard.
(d) He tried to break into a non-Party member's home.
2. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
(a) Jim will take over the Party.
(b) Jim will die for the Party.
(c) Jim will lose his hatred.
(d) Jim will not enjoy the Party.
3. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
(b) Homeless people.
4. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A copy of New Masses.
(b) A book on political warfare.
(c) A letter from his family.
(d) A documentary film on the Party.
5. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
(a) A doctor.
(c) Sanitary bathrooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
2. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
4. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
5. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)