|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
(b) The numerous books he has read.
(c) His father's meaningless death.
(d) The five men he met in jail.
2. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
(a) The pickers have organized a coup.
(b) There have been mass layoffs.
(c) They have been given a pay cut by the Growers' Association.
(d) The pickers' leader has been incarcerated.
3. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
(a) Jim's belongings.
(b) Jim's application.
(c) Jim's dog.
(d) Jim's paycheks.
4. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
(a) Four men.
(b) One man.
(c) Three men.
(d) Two men.
5. What group of people does Dan reminisce about to Jim and Mac?
(a) Party members.
(b) Non-Party members.
(d) The Growers' Association.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
2. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
3. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
4. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
5. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)