|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
(a) Jim's quick and sudden submission to the Party.
(b) Jim's lack of connection to the Party thus far.
(c) Jim's connection to his father, a non-Party member.
(d) Jim's quitting high school.
2. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
(a) Hard labor and fines.
(b) Physical punishment and solitary confinement.
(c) Reprimand and expulsion.
(d) Lecture and punishment.
3. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
(a) Jim's dog.
(b) Jim's belongings.
(c) Jim's paycheks.
(d) Jim's application.
4. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
(a) She wanted to die for the Party.
(b) She was killed by Party opposers.
(c) She thought the world was coming to an end.
(d) She simply did not want to live.
5. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Observant owls.
(b) Wily foxes.
(c) Hunting dogs.
(d) Hunted prey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
2. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
3. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
4. What group of people does Dan reminisce about to Jim and Mac?
5. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)