|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
(d) Homeless people.
2. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
(a) He does delivery work.
(b) He works both sides.
(c) He pays dues to the Valley men.
(d) His wife comes from a wealthy family.
3. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
4. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
(a) Identity is nonexistent within the Party.
(b) Jim does not have any living relatives.
(c) Jim's name is common.
(d) They absolve all names once inducted into the Party.
5. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
2. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
3. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
5. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)