|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
(a) London would never speak to him again.
(b) It was his greatest fear during the experience.
(c) It would have devastated the men.
(d) It would have been worth the gamble.
2. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
(a) He wants to eventually gain control of the Party.
(b) He wants a new start, different from everything.
(c) He wants to avenge his father and mother's deaths.
(d) He wants to infiltrate the Party and destroy it.
3. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
(a) His wife comes from a wealthy family.
(b) He does delivery work.
(c) He works both sides.
(d) He pays dues to the Valley men.
4. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) How the Party first came into existence.
(b) His sister's disappearance in school.
(c) A public hanging of a Party member.
(d) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
5. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
(a) A picnic.
(b) Reading a book in a tree.
(c) Riding his bike.
(d) Swimming in a lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
2. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
4. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
5. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)