|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
(a) Three men.
(b) Four men.
(c) Two men.
(d) One man.
2. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
(a) He fought off a police officer's dog.
(b) Non-Party members rode over his hand with a horse.
(c) He tried to break into a non-Party member's home.
(d) He punched a non-Party member too hard.
3. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
(a) A beer.
(b) A smoke.
(c) A gun.
4. For what does Harry express surprise concerning Jim's past?
(a) Jim's quitting high school.
(b) Jim's connection to his father, a non-Party member.
(c) Jim's lack of connection to the Party thus far.
(d) Jim's quick and sudden submission to the Party.
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
(a) Jim will die for the Party.
(b) Jim will lose his hatred.
(c) Jim will take over the Party.
(d) Jim will not enjoy the Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
2. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
4. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
5. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)