|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
2. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
(a) A doctor.
(c) Sanitary bathrooms.
3. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) His sister's disappearance in school.
(b) How the Party first came into existence.
(c) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
(d) A public hanging of a Party member.
4. What is Mac's dream about the the strike and causing a lot of fuss?
(a) The Growers' Association will dissolve.
(b) The whole district is organized by spring.
(c) The Growers' Association will give in to their demands.
(d) The strikers will start their own association.
5. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
(b) Soap-boxing to Jim.
(c) Bluffing to the men.
(d) Not fighting the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the only two punishments of the Party?
2. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
3. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
5. What group of people does Dan reminisce about to Jim and Mac?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)