|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim claim is his reason for wanting to join the Party?
(a) No one.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
(a) Bring in extra police.
(b) Pass an ordinance against gathering.
(c) Throw everyone in jail.
(d) Cave in to the strikers' demands.
3. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(b) Clear thinking.
4. How does Harry describe the life of a Party member to Jim?
(a) A life of hard work and poverty.
(b) An unparalleled and enoyable existence.
(c) An easier life than that of non-Party members.
(d) Becoming a robot that is controlled by the Party.
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Harry predict will happen to Jim?
(a) Jim will take over the Party.
(b) Jim will not enjoy the Party.
(c) Jim will lose his hatred.
(d) Jim will die for the Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
2. What does Harry Nilson have of Jim's when Jim reaches his office?
3. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
4. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
5. Why are prices inflated at the company store?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)