|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
(a) Homeless people.
2. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
(a) They absolve all names once inducted into the Party.
(b) Jim's name is common.
(c) Identity is nonexistent within the Party.
(d) Jim does not have any living relatives.
3. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
(a) Rigid and cold.
(b) Weak in mind.
(c) Angry and mean.
(d) Sort of dead.
4. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
(a) He was suspected of being a radical leader.
(b) He was watching a radical's speech in the park.
(c) He was hanging out with homeless people.
(d) He had all of his belongings on him at the time.
5. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
(a) They simply like to fight.
(b) They were/are willing to die for the Party.
(c) They both understood what the Party needs.
(d) They were both hit too many times in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
2. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
3. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
4. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
5. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)