|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
2. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
(a) Two men.
(b) Four men.
(c) One man.
(d) Three men.
3. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
(a) The pickers' leader has been incarcerated.
(b) They have been given a pay cut by the Growers' Association.
(c) There have been mass layoffs.
(d) The pickers have organized a coup.
4. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Fixing a wagon.
(b) Picking cotton.
(c) Clearing fields.
(d) Picking apples.
5. Why does Jim want to join the Party?
(a) He wants to infiltrate the Party and destroy it.
(b) He wants to eventually gain control of the Party.
(c) He wants a new start, different from everything.
(d) He wants to avenge his father and mother's deaths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
3. Why are prices inflated at the company store?
4. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
5. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)