|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(d) Clear thinking.
2. With what is Joy charged after making a speech on a street corner?
(a) Taking a cop hostage.
(b) Public disturbance.
(c) Stabbing a cop in the shoulder with a pocketknife.
(d) Drunk and disorderly.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
4. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The strikers need to be motivated.
(b) Jim needs to buy jeans.
(c) Joy must be freed from jail.
(d) They need to buy supplies.
5. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
(a) Non-Party members rode over his hand with a horse.
(b) He tried to break into a non-Party member's home.
(c) He fought off a police officer's dog.
(d) He punched a non-Party member too hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
2. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
3. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
4. What does Mac claim will do Jim no good without on-the-scene training and experience?
5. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)