|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mac hope that a potential riot among the pickers could spread to?
2. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
3. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
(a) Throw everyone in jail.
(b) Bring in extra police.
(c) Pass an ordinance against gathering.
(d) Cave in to the strikers' demands.
4. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
(a) He saw how to deliver a baby once on TV.
(b) He never worked in a hospital.
(c) He was scared out of his mind.
(d) He did not know what he was doing.
5. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
(a) The pickers have organized a coup.
(b) They have been given a pay cut by the Growers' Association.
(c) The pickers' leader has been incarcerated.
(d) There have been mass layoffs.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Jim tell Harry that he was jailed for a vagrancy charge?
2. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
3. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
4. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
5. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)