|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
(a) Ask for change on the street.
(b) Break into a local store.
(c) Round up sympathizers.
(d) Open their safe with the secret stash of money.
2. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
3. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
4. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
(a) She wanted to die for the Party.
(b) She was killed by Party opposers.
(c) She simply did not want to live.
(d) She thought the world was coming to an end.
5. How many people own and oversee the Growers' Association?
(a) Two men.
(b) One man.
(c) Three men.
(d) Four men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
2. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
3. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
4. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
5. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)