|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim wonder that Dan should be doing instead of manual labor?
(a) Working the charity system.
(d) Union work.
2. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Sterilizing the pocketknife.
(b) Delivering the baby successfully.
(c) Keeping the mother alive.
(d) Getting the men to work together.
3. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
4. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Soap-boxing to Jim.
(b) Not fighting the men.
(c) Bluffing to the men.
(d) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
5. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(c) Clear thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
2. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
3. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
4. Why do Harry and Jim decide that using Jim's real name will not be detrimental to Jim's relatives?
5. What does Mac say has just happened to the pickers in Torgas Valley that could help incite a riot?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)