|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim Nolan understand that his landlady will not do when he leaves the rooming house?
(a) Let him come back to the rooming house.
(b) Give him back his week's advance.
(c) Write him a good reference.
(d) Help him find a new apartment.
2. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
(a) Gather blankets and pillows.
(b) Document the birth in a journal.
(c) Take pictures.
(d) Burn the birthing clothes.
3. What does Harry do to show that he is considering Jim for Party membership?
(a) Signs his name on Jim's application.
(b) Puts Jim's application in an acceptance file.
(c) Folds the corner of Jim's application.
(d) Folds the application into an envelope.
4. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
(b) A smoke.
(c) A beer.
(d) A gun.
5. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
(a) Pass an ordinance against gathering.
(b) Cave in to the strikers' demands.
(c) Throw everyone in jail.
(d) Bring in extra police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are prices inflated at the company store?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Jim believe Mac will spend the twenty dollars on that Dick brings home?
3. What group of people does Dan reminisce about to Jim and Mac?
4. What strategy does Mac use when thinking about striking?
5. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)