Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is decided that needs to be done at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Jim needs to buy jeans.
(b) Joy must be freed from jail.
(c) The strikers need to be motivated.
(d) They need to buy supplies.
2. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
(a) A gun.
(b) A smoke.
(c) A beer.
3. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
(b) She was housing Party members.
(c) He made a speech about people starving.
(d) He was followed to his home one night.
4. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
(a) He pays dues to the Valley men.
(b) He does delivery work.
(c) His wife comes from a wealthy family.
(d) He works both sides.
5. To what does Mac compare Jim and his on-the-scene training?
(a) Observant owls.
(b) Wily foxes.
(c) Hunting dogs.
(d) Hunted prey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim think his mother died while he was in jail for a vagrancy charge?
2. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
4. What does Mac tell Dick to do to raise bail for Joy?
5. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)