|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
(a) They simply like to fight.
(b) They were both hit too many times in the head.
(c) They both understood what the Party needs.
(d) They were/are willing to die for the Party.
2. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
(a) He saw how to deliver a baby once on TV.
(b) He never worked in a hospital.
(c) He did not know what he was doing.
(d) He was scared out of his mind.
3. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Mac caution the men not to eat but they eat anyway because of hunger?
(c) Raw pork.
4. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
(a) His father's crop.
(b) Purges within the Party.
(c) The impending strike.
(d) Losing customers.
5. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Picking apples.
(b) Fixing a wagon.
(c) Clearing fields.
(d) Picking cotton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are prices inflated at the company store?
2. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
3. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what day of the strike is it when the men organize a picket to meet the train?
5. What does Mac believe will help get the people on their side in light of Joy's death?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)