|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hops off the train and is shot three times?
(b) A scab.
2. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A freight train.
(b) A cop car.
(c) A boat.
(d) The subway.
3. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
(a) One hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
4. What does Mac tell Doc Burton about the strike situation?
(a) The strikers are guaranteed to prevail.
(b) It is the best situation he has seen in a long time.
(c) It is a delicate situation and someone could get easily hurt.
(d) They will need more than one doctor.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what day of the strike is it when the men organize a picket to meet the train?
(a) Day four.
(b) Day three.
(c) Day one.
(d) Day two.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
2. Who accuses Mac of being insensitive and cold-blooded after Mac says he wants to take Joy's body back to camp?
3. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
4. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
5. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)