|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) His father's meaningless death.
(b) The five men he met in jail.
(c) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
(d) The numerous books he has read.
2. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
(a) He fought off a police officer's dog.
(b) Non-Party members rode over his hand with a horse.
(c) He tried to break into a non-Party member's home.
(d) He punched a non-Party member too hard.
3. For what reason does Mac want reassurance from Doc Burton that he has no civil or legal problems?
(b) His financial welfare.
(c) His job.
4. At the end of Chapter 10, who is beaten up by the vigilantes?
(c) Doc Burton.
5. Why are prices inflated at the company store?
(b) Economic crisis.
(c) Tax inflation.
(d) Lack of competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc Burton say to Mac about Joy's body?
2. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
3. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
4. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
5. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)