|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
2. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
(a) His wife comes from a wealthy family.
(b) He pays dues to the Valley men.
(c) He does delivery work.
(d) He works both sides.
3. What does Doc Burton say to Mac about Joy's body?
(a) It can be revived.
(b) It must be released to a coroner.
(c) It cannot be cremated.
(d) It need to be buried immediately.
4. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Picking cotton.
(b) Picking apples.
(c) Clearing fields.
(d) Fixing a wagon.
5. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
(a) She was housing Party members.
(b) He was followed to his home one night.
(c) She was discovered to be related to Mac.
(d) He made a speech about people starving.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what day of the strike is it when the men organize a picket to meet the train?
2. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
3. Why are prices inflated at the company store?
4. How does London react to Mac's suggestion for someone else as general chairman?
5. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)