|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accuses Mac of being insensitive and cold-blooded after Mac says he wants to take Joy's body back to camp?
(d) Doc Burton.
2. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
(a) He was scared out of his mind.
(b) He never worked in a hospital.
(c) He saw how to deliver a baby once on TV.
(d) He did not know what he was doing.
3. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Picking apples.
(b) Clearing fields.
(c) Fixing a wagon.
(d) Picking cotton.
4. For what reason does Mac want reassurance from Doc Burton that he has no civil or legal problems?
(c) His job.
(d) His financial welfare.
5. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
3. Who does the orchard superintendent remind London is the judge?
4. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Mac caution the men not to eat but they eat anyway because of hunger?
5. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)