|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
(a) He tried to break into a non-Party member's home.
(b) He punched a non-Party member too hard.
(c) He fought off a police officer's dog.
(d) Non-Party members rode over his hand with a horse.
2. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
3. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
(a) Crop supervisor.
(b) An engineer.
(c) A tree-topper.
4. For what reason does Mac want reassurance from Doc Burton that he has no civil or legal problems?
(a) His financial welfare.
(c) His job.
5. Who accuses Mac of being insensitive and cold-blooded after Mac says he wants to take Joy's body back to camp?
(d) Doc Burton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the orchard superintendent remind London is the judge?
2. What does Mac tell Doc Burton about the strike situation?
3. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
4. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
5. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)