|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) Enraged policemen.
(b) The use of automatic weapons.
(c) American Legionnaires.
(d) Tear gas.
2. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) He does not want Jim to read it.
(b) The cops go through the place regularly.
(c) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
(d) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
3. What does Jim wonder that Dan should be doing instead of manual labor?
(a) Union work.
(c) Working the charity system.
4. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
(a) To cremate his body.
(b) To remove the bullets out commemorative decoration.
(c) To keep the men together.
(d) To keep Joy's body from the non-Party members.
5. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
(c) Two hundred.
(d) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
2. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What does Mac believe will help get the people on their side in light of Joy's death?
4. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Mac warn will happen if Anderson's farm is touched at all?
5. Who does the orchard superintendent tell London to get rid of?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)