|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
(a) The Don Juan.
(b) The Instigator.
(c) The Du Barry.
(d) The Propagandist.
2. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Keeping the mother alive.
(b) Delivering the baby successfully.
(c) Getting the men to work together.
(d) Sterilizing the pocketknife.
3. For what reason does Mac want reassurance from Doc Burton that he has no civil or legal problems?
(c) His financial welfare.
(d) His job.
4. Who does Mac tell Jim not to bother trying to convert to the Party?
5. What does Mac believe will help get the people on their side in light of Joy's death?
(a) A massive riot.
(b) Posting pictures of Joy.
(c) Petitioning for funds.
(d) A public funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
2. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Mac warn will happen if Anderson's farm is touched at all?
3. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
4. How does London react to Mac's suggestion for someone else as general chairman?
5. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)