|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
2. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
(d) Homeless people.
3. What does Mac believe will help get the people on their side in light of Joy's death?
(a) A massive riot.
(b) Posting pictures of Joy.
(c) A public funeral.
(d) Petitioning for funds.
4. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A documentary film on the Party.
(b) A letter from his family.
(c) A book on political warfare.
(d) A copy of New Masses.
5. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
(a) The Propagandist.
(b) The Instigator.
(c) The Du Barry.
(d) The Don Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
3. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what day of the strike is it when the men organize a picket to meet the train?
5. What does Jim wonder that Dan should be doing instead of manual labor?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)