|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
(a) He keeps a cell phone on him.
(b) He has spies on the train.
(c) He has microphones on the train.
(d) His people check employment agencies.
2. Who does the orchard superintendent tell London to get rid of?
(a) Dakin and his truck.
(b) Doc Burton and Anderson.
(c) Jim and Dan.
(d) Mac and Jim.
3. How does Dan feel about the group of strikers and union about to form?
(c) Does not care.
4. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A copy of New Masses.
(b) A book on political warfare.
(c) A letter from his family.
(d) A documentary film on the Party.
5. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
(a) Angry and mean.
(b) Sort of dead.
(c) Rigid and cold.
(d) Weak in mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accuses Mac of being insensitive and cold-blooded after Mac says he wants to take Joy's body back to camp?
2. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
3. What group of people does Dan reminisce about to Jim and Mac?
4. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
5. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)