|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac believe will help get the people on their side in light of Joy's death?
(a) Petitioning for funds.
(b) A public funeral.
(c) A massive riot.
(d) Posting pictures of Joy.
2. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
(a) He has spies on the train.
(b) His people check employment agencies.
(c) He has microphones on the train.
(d) He keeps a cell phone on him.
3. Who hops off the train and is shot three times?
(b) A scab.
4. What are Jim and Mac doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Picking cotton.
(b) Picking apples.
(c) Clearing fields.
(d) Fixing a wagon.
5. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
(a) A tree-topper.
(b) An engineer.
(c) Crop supervisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
2. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
3. At the end of Chapter 10, who is beaten up by the vigilantes?
4. What group of people does Dan reminisce about to Jim and Mac?
5. What does Mac say that Dick is within the Party?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)