|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Mac warn will happen if Anderson's farm is touched at all?
(a) The whole valley will burn.
(b) The men will gain more power.
(c) The men will lose faith.
(d) The Party will dissolve.
2. What spaces themselves along the line of marchers at the train station?
(a) Young kids.
(b) Party members.
(c) Deputies on motorcycles.
(d) Political officials.
3. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
(b) His sister's disappearance in school.
(c) A public hanging of a Party member.
(d) How the Party first came into existence.
4. What was Dan's occupation before becoming a migrant crop worker?
(a) A tree-topper.
(c) An engineer.
(d) Crop supervisor.
5. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
(b) The five men he met in jail.
(c) The numerous books he has read.
(d) His father's meaningless death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Mac get early warning that the scabs have arrived in town?
2. What does Doc Burton say to Mac about Joy's body?
3. What does Mac tell Doc Burton about the strike situation?
4. Who does Mac introduce to Jim as the bedroom radical at the house?
5. What does Jim wonder that Dan should be doing instead of manual labor?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)