|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
(a) Banish them from the city.
(b) Blacklist them all.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Jail them for life.
2. What nickname does London give Mac that sticks?
3. Who does the orchard superintendent remind London is the judge?
(d) Doc Burton.
4. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
(a) Not trying to get the men to join the Party.
(b) Soap-boxing to Jim.
(c) Bluffing to the men.
(d) Not fighting the men.
5. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) Tear gas.
(b) Enraged policemen.
(c) The use of automatic weapons.
(d) American Legionnaires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accuses Mac of being insensitive and cold-blooded after Mac says he wants to take Joy's body back to camp?
2. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
3. How Jim describe his mother following her change in demeanor during his childhood?
4. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
5. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)