|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac give to Joy so that he stops bothering Jim's typing?
(a) A letter from his family.
(b) A copy of New Masses.
(c) A book on political warfare.
(d) A documentary film on the Party.
2. What does Mac tell Doc Burton about the strike situation?
(a) It is the best situation he has seen in a long time.
(b) The strikers are guaranteed to prevail.
(c) It is a delicate situation and someone could get easily hurt.
(d) They will need more than one doctor.
3. How many men are left behind to guard the camp?
(a) One hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
4. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) How the Party first came into existence.
(b) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
(c) A public hanging of a Party member.
(d) His sister's disappearance in school.
5. What story does Joy recount to explain why his hands are crushed?
(a) He punched a non-Party member too hard.
(b) He fought off a police officer's dog.
(c) Non-Party members rode over his hand with a horse.
(d) He tried to break into a non-Party member's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mac explain vigilantes to Jim; what are they?
2. Who does the orchard superintendent tell London to get rid of?
3. Who does London name as Doc Burton's right-hand-man?
4. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
5. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)