|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the orchard superintendent tell London to get rid of?
(a) Jim and Dan.
(b) Mac and Jim.
(c) Dakin and his truck.
(d) Doc Burton and Anderson.
2. What does the orchard superintendent offer London in return for doing what he asks?
(a) A political position.
(b) A hefty severance sum.
(d) A steady job.
3. What does Jim wonder that Dan should be doing instead of manual labor?
(a) Union work.
(d) Working the charity system.
4. What does Doc Burton say to Mac about Joy's body?
(a) It cannot be cremated.
(b) It must be released to a coroner.
(c) It need to be buried immediately.
(d) It can be revived.
5. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
(a) The Party.
(b) Rosanna Fights Stadium.
(c) The Growers' Association.
(d) The Tandale strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
2. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Mac make a speech about that explains why his mother's house was set on fire?
3. What names does London use to refer to Jim and Mac at the end of Chapter 5 when speaking with Dakin?
4. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
5. What does Mac admit to Jim after delivering Lisa's baby?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)