|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the orchard superintendent tell London to get rid of?
(a) Doc Burton and Anderson.
(b) Mac and Jim.
(c) Dakin and his truck.
(d) Jim and Dan.
2. What does Mac tell Jim that makes field work especially dangerous?
(a) Enraged policemen.
(b) Tear gas.
(c) The use of automatic weapons.
(d) American Legionnaires.
3. What does the orchard superintendent threaten to do if London does not comply?
(a) Blacklist them all.
(b) Jail them for life.
(c) Banish them from the city.
(d) Kill them.
4. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
(a) His father's meaningless death.
(b) The five men he met in jail.
(c) A distaste for ordinary, meaningless life.
(d) The numerous books he has read.
5. What does Mac say is needed on the strikers' camping site in order to keep the camp legal?
(c) A doctor.
(d) Sanitary bathrooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
2. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
3. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What does Doc Burton say to Mac about Joy's body?
5. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)