|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What spaces themselves along the line of marchers at the train station?
(a) Party members.
(b) Young kids.
(c) Deputies on motorcycles.
(d) Political officials.
2. What does Jim claim men can gain from doing such work that the Party has them do?
(c) Clear thinking.
3. What do Jim and Mac catch a ride on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A boat.
(b) The subway.
(c) A freight train.
(d) A cop car.
4. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
(a) Take pictures.
(b) Document the birth in a journal.
(c) Burn the birthing clothes.
(d) Gather blankets and pillows.
5. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
(c) Homeless people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mac want to bring Joy's body back to the strikers' camp?
2. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
3. What is projected that the county will do if the strikers begin to picket?
4. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
5. What does Jim see as the similarity between his father and Joy?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)