|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
(a) The Tandale strike.
(b) Rosanna Fights Stadium.
(c) The Growers' Association.
(d) The Party.
2. How does London react to Mac's suggestion for someone else as general chairman?
(a) He denies.
(b) He is infuriated.
(c) He leaves the Party.
(d) He agrees.
3. Who does the orchard superintendent tell London to get rid of?
(a) Mac and Jim.
(b) Jim and Dan.
(c) Dakin and his truck.
(d) Doc Burton and Anderson.
4. What mysterious story from his childhood does Jim reminisce about in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) How the Party first came into existence.
(b) The raids on his neighbor's houses.
(c) His sister's disappearance in school.
(d) A public hanging of a Party member.
5. Why does Harry make a point of taking the paper with him when he takes Jim to the house?
(a) Someone will take the paper if he does not.
(b) He does not want anyone stealing his ideas.
(c) He does not want Jim to read it.
(d) The cops go through the place regularly.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is going to be romancing the female sympathizers?
2. What does Jim tell Mac influenced him to join the Party?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what day of the strike is it when the men organize a picket to meet the train?
4. Why is Dakin better off than most other migrant workers?
5. What does Dakin predict the growers will bring in if the workers organize a strike?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)