|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Doc Burton view civil disobedience and strikes?
(a) As necessary.
(b) As an infection.
(c) As poison.
(d) As a relief.
2. What do the group of men complain about having to do?
(a) Wait three days to bury Joy.
(b) Make appointments with Doc Burton.
(c) Hunt for their own food.
(d) Dig their own latrines.
3. What reminds Mac that Doc Burton needs protection in the camp?
(a) He commands little respect.
(b) Everyone likes him.
(c) Everyone hates him.
(d) He is not a likable person.
4. Why does Doc Burton think Dan is upset?
(a) Dan is not able to go to the funeral.
(b) Dan is not able to walk well.
(c) Dan is not able to say goodbye to Joy.
(d) Dan's hip is not healing.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Mac drape over Joy's coffin?
(a) Letters from sympathizers.
(b) A red, velvet blanket.
(c) An American flag.
(d) Rose petals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
2. What does Mac lament doing after the men who try to steal their paper leave?
3. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
4. What does Doc claim he would do if he were the boss of the other side?
5. What does Mac think about Doc Burton in terms of his beliefs?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)