|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lisa tell Jim because she feels close to him?
2. What does Al express concern about while Jim and Mac eat at his Lunch Wagon?
(a) His father's crop.
(b) Purges within the Party.
(c) Losing customers.
(d) The impending strike.
3. At the end of Chapter 8, what does Mac say to Jim is the hardest part about what they do for the Party?
(a) No one trusts them.
(b) They are in over their heads.
(c) They can never back down.
(d) Everyone hates them.
4. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
(a) Al's girlfriend.
(b) London's daughter-in-law.
(c) London's daughter.
(d) Al's daughter.
5. Why does Doc Burton think Dan is upset?
(a) Dan's hip is not healing.
(b) Dan is not able to say goodbye to Joy.
(c) Dan is not able to walk well.
(d) Dan is not able to go to the funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reminds Mac that Doc Burton needs protection in the camp?
2. Who do the group of men decide is the next labor leader to die following Joy?
3. What does Mac think about Doc Burton in terms of his beliefs?
4. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
5. What does Doc Burton describe as taking over during mob action?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)