|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc claim he would do if he were the boss of the other side?
(a) Not allow the funeral.
(b) Shoot Mac.
(c) Apologize for Joy.
(d) Help out the strikers.
2. Who is having a baby in a nearby tent where the pickers are camped?
(a) London's daughter-in-law.
(b) London's daughter.
(c) Al's girlfriend.
(d) Al's daughter.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Mac drape over Joy's coffin?
(a) Letters from sympathizers.
(b) A red, velvet blanket.
(c) Rose petals.
(d) An American flag.
4. What does Jim decline to which Mac responds that Jim has no vices?
(a) A smoke.
(c) A gun.
(d) A beer.
5. What are the deputies on the road complaining about and might start shooting back at?
(a) Land mines.
(b) Rock throwers.
(c) Armored trucks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim reminisce about from his childhood while watching the countryside go by?
2. Who do the group of men accuse of collecting money from Moscow?
3. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
4. How many men does it take to pick and clear Anderson's crop?
5. What does Mac admit to feeling good about at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)