|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc Burton observe about Mac and the way he is around the men?
(a) He changes constantly.
(b) He is not consistent with his lectures.
(c) He contradicts himself all the time.
(d) He always sounds like his audience.
2. What does Mac tell Jim about winning the strike and the cause?
(a) They are only doing it for show.
(b) Winning is not all they are after.
(c) They do not care about winning.
(d) Winning is all that matters.
3. What does Jim admit about the possibility of Lisa dying during the delivery process?
(a) It would have been worth the gamble.
(b) London would never speak to him again.
(c) It would have devastated the men.
(d) It was his greatest fear during the experience.
4. Why does Doc Burton think Dan is upset?
(a) Dan is not able to walk well.
(b) Dan's hip is not healing.
(c) Dan is not able to say goodbye to Joy.
(d) Dan is not able to go to the funeral.
5. How many men does it take to pick and clear Anderson's crop?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Nine hundred.
(c) Seven hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reminds Mac that Doc Burton needs protection in the camp?
2. What does Mac have the men do after the birth so that they can share in the experience and participate.
3. At what time does Mac plan the funeral march to match the highest traffic time?
4. Why is Lisa a little embarrassed when Jim stops to talk to her?
5. What does Mac mention to the men who want to steal their paper in order to intimidate them?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)