|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two words make up the name Anaheim?
(a) The Saint Ann and the German word for home.
(b) The city Annapolis and the Latin word for man.
(c) The city Santa Barbara and the Latin word for river.
(d) The river Santa Ana and the German word for home.
2. What kind of healthy dessert does Daunta learn to make and prepare for the immigrants?
(a) Custard flavored with strawberry juice.
(b) Cheesecake made with tofu.
(c) Custard flavored with chocolate.
(d) Shortcake made with soy
3. From what play does Maryna choose a part for her audition?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) Adirenne Lecouvreur.
4. What has plagued the fields of the commune?
5. What two pieces is Maryna performing for the third week of her New York engagement?
(a) Camille and Adrienne.
(b) Romeo and Juliet, and As You Like It.
(c) Othello and Macbeth.
(d) As You Like It and Adrienne.
6. Why does Booth say he talk so much about his father?
(a) To talk about anyone else is boring.
(b) To talk about anything else is pointless.
(c) To talk about his brother John makes him furious.
(d) To talk about his brother John makes him cry.
7. Where does Maryna stay in San Francisco?
(a) With relatives from Krakow.
(b) With Ryszard in a hotel.
(c) At the theatre.
(d) With Capt. and Mrs. Znaniecki.
8. How does Edwin Booth's father die?
(a) He falls off a tall building.
(b) He falls off a riverboat between New Orleans and Cincinnati.
(c) He falls off Germania on his way to Europe.
(d) He falls off a cliff in Switzerland.
9. What is the name of the new eau de cologne in New York?
(b) Eau de Maryna.
(c) Polish Water.
(d) Viva Maryna!
10. For what Shakespearean character does Booth say he has a weakness?
11. What does Bogdan contemplate his entire life being?
(a) Endless suffering.
(b) The Truth.
(c) A lie.
12. What song does Barbara sing all day, the only one she knows in English"
(a) Old McDonald.
(b) Suwanee River.
(c) Three Blind Mice.
(d) Old Man River.
13. Where do Jackob and Ryszard sleep their first night on the commune?
(a) In a tent outside.
(b) In the small bedroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the barn.
14. Who becomes Maryna's manager?
(a) Henry Warnack.
(b) Henryk Zabacob.
(c) Henry Zakolow.
(d) Oskar Julius.
15. Who is waiting for Maryna when she arrives in San Francisco?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cyprian introduce to Bogdan?
2. Where is Ryszard when Bogdan comes to meet Maryna in New York in January?
3. What is the first line of Richard III?
4. Who is supposed to be the great actor of the family?
5. What does Bogdan and Piotr find on a beach and Piotr draw in his notebook?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)