|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who erected the Centennial Fountain?
(a) The Pacific Railway.
(b) The Catholic Total Abstinece Union.
(c) The Bell Telephone.
(d) The Italian Immigrants Society.
2. Who cooks the meals in the commune?
(a) Mrs. Bachleda.
(b) Wanda Solski.
3. What does Bogdan want Piotr to pursue rather than piano lessons?
(a) His interest in engineering.
(b) His interest in literature.
(c) His interest in mathmatics.
(d) His interest in sports.
4. What does Bogdan contemplate his entire life being?
(b) A lie.
(c) Endless suffering.
(d) The Truth.
5. What are some of the things Maryna, Aniela, and Piotr see on their excursion from New York?
(a) Radio, gas automobiles, and vacuum cleaner.
(b) Telephone, typewriter, and copy machine.
(c) Telephone, color television, and answering machine.
(d) Automobile, blender, and vacuum cleaner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the little boy ask for when dinner is served?
2. When is the story set?
3. For what newspaper is Ryzsard a correspondent?
4. Where is Zakopane?
5. Who has learned the chemistry of wine making and tries to teach the immigrants?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)