|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the man in the brothel bar tell Ryszard to go?
(b) Upstate New York.
(c) New Jersey.
2. What are the two seasons Maryna identifies in California?
(a) A hot dry summer and a spring called winter.
(b) A wet summer and a dry winter.
(c) A long summer and a long cold winter.
(d) Summer and a long colorful fall.
3. What was the name of one of the articles Ryszard sent to the Gazetta Polska?
(a) American Manners.
(b) American Folkways.
(c) American Architecture.
(d) American Motors.
4. Who does Ryszard meet at a bar in a brothel?
(a) An author who wrote The Streets of New York.
(b) An author who works for the London Times.
(c) An author who wrote for the New York Times.
(d) An author who wrote The Communistic Societies of the United States.
5. What does Bogdan offer as a toast?
(a) "Break a leg!"
(b) "Togetherness and happiness."
(c) "The performance of a lifetime."
(d) "Friendship and solidarity."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henryk teach Piotr when he comes to visit?
2. What is planted as the major crop on the land the immigrants have rented for their commune?
3. Where in America is Maryna living at the start of her letter?
4. Who ministers to the sick in the village at no charge all summer?
5. What news does Tadeusz receive in Krakow?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)