|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maryna rush back to Krakow to see?
(a) Her sister Jozefina who is ill.
(b) Bogdan's mother.
(c) Her brother Stefan who is dying.
(d) Her mother and father.
2. When is the story set?
(a) Early 1800's.
(b) Late 1700's.
(c) Late 1800's.
(d) Early 1920's.
3. What people does Ryszard find to be the most polite people in New York?
(a) African Americans.
4. What promise does Maryna make the Dowanger Countess the first time they meet?
(a) She will protect Bogdan from Ignacy.
(b) She will not have children with Bogdan.
(c) She will not leave Bogdan if she falls in love with someone esle.
(d) She wil not return to the manor again.
5. What is Brook Farm?
(a) The neighboring land.
(b) A commune in Canada.
(c) A colony in New England in America.
(d) A chicken farm not far from Zakopane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel in which Julian and Ryszard stay in New York City?
2. What do the Countess, Bogdan, and Maryna drink on their farewell visit?
3. What news does Tadeusz receive in Krakow?
4. Where is the celebration dinner party after Maryna's performance?
5. Who is Jozefina?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)