|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year do the characters leave for Zakopane?
2. What do the Countess, Bogdan, and Maryna drink on their farewell visit?
(a) Hot toddies.
(b) Hot buttered rum.
(c) Hot beer with cream and white cheese.
(d) Hot butter beer.
3. At the celebration party, what language is being spoken by the guests?
4. What is the name of the boarder in Maryna's home who later becomes her husband?
(a) Alex Bordonivich.
(b) Henryk Simonzas.
(c) Heinrich Zalezowski.
(d) Michal Gorbechov.
5. Of what do Maryna and Henryk speak the day after her performance?
(a) Love and marriage.
(b) Past and future.
(c) Paradise and will.
(d) Depression and fatalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the celebration dinner party after Maryna's performance?
2. From what play does Maryna quote upon her entrance to the celebration party in her honor?
3. What is Wanda's reason for going to California?
4. What is the name of Maryna's personal assistant?
5. With which theatre does Maryna hold a life contract?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)