Lesson 1 (from Chapter 0)
In this chapter, the narrator gives many clues as to her identity. The objective of this lesson is to understand who the narrator is in the story.
1) Class discussion: Is this a typical way for a narrator to begin a story? Why do you think the narrator has chosen this means of beginning the story? Is it clear who the narrator is?
2) Small group exercise: In small groups, collect as many clues as you can about the narrator. Come together and list the details each group has found.
3) Group discussion: In small groups, discuss why the narrator has chosen to sit in the room observing the characters while providing information and antidotes about her own life.
4) Individual exercise: Is the narrator the author of the book? Where does the narrator live? Approximately when?
1) Journal: In your own words, write a short biography of...
This section contains 5,896 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)