|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one time how may Allied troops were in holding in Alice Springs?
2. Who joined Bryson on his next trip to Australia?
(a) Hal Winston.
(b) Mike Williams.
(c) Mrs. Bryson.
(d) Allan Sherwin.
3. The UNESCO has designated Ayers Rock as a __________________.
(a) national treasure.
(b) tourist trap.
(c) sacred space.
(d) World Heritage Site.
4. Which of the following fascinated Bryson during his trip to Australia?
(a) All of these.
5. When was the initial peopling of the Australian continent?
(a) One million years ago.
(b) 15,000 - 30,000 years ago.
(c) 60,000 - 70,000 years ago.
(d) 45,000 - 60,000 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Alice Springs School of Air?
2. In what type of country does the city of Daintree sit?
3. Where did Captain Cook first lay eyes on Australia?
4. For what is Myall Creek famous?
5. Uluru is the Aboriginal name for what famous rock formation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bryson wistfully end this book?
2. What did Bryson note as the reason for the high amount of unique flora and fauna in Australia?
3. Bryson visited Glenrowan and learned about which famous outlaw?
4. What is an echnida and how did Bryson encounter it?
5. For what is Alice Springs best known?
6. Describe the Devils Marbles.
7. How did Bryson and Sherwin spend their time while waiting out the monsoon in Cairns?
8. Describe Bryson and Sherwin's adventure at the Great Barrier Reef.
9. What was unique about the worms Bryson saw in a small museum?
10. To what does Perth owe much of its prosperity and who was one of its most prominent citizens and businessmen?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)