|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What desert habitat museum did Bryson visit?
(a) Great Barrier Habitat Museum.
(b) Royal Desert Park.
(c) Alice Springs Desert Park.
(d) Ayers Rock Museum.
2. Who was the journalist who exposed the Myall Creek incident?
(a) Frederick Smith Hall.
(b) Clayton Ashley Hall.
(c) Edward Smith Hall.
(d) James Ashley Hall.
3. What did Bryson agree to while having a bit too much to drink at a pub in Daly Waters?
(a) A new car for Sherwin.
(b) Free meals for Sherwin for a month.
(c) A month-long house swap with a Korean couple.
(d) A naked dance on the beach at midnight.
4. At one time how may Allied troops were in holding in Alice Springs?
5. With what did Bryson dry off after snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef?
(a) A beach towel.
(b) A big palm.
(c) Sherwin's shirt.
(d) His pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Captain Cook first lay eyes on Australia?
2. What are the lichen-like creatures that Bryson viewed at Sharks Bay?
3. About which of the following did Bryson warn Sherwin?
4. Which of the following happened to Aborigine children in an attempt to integrate them into white society?
5. Who joined Bryson on his next trip to Australia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the miserable time that Bryson and Sherwin had in the city of Darwin.
2. For what is Alice Springs best known?
3. Bryson visited Glenrowan and learned about which famous outlaw?
4. What did Bryson find so fascinating about the stromatolites at Sharks Bay?
5. How has the Aborigine population dwindled from the time Europeans arrived to colonize Australia?
6. What rock formation fascinated both Bryson and Sherwin?
7. What did Bryson learn from a journalist about the Myall Creek incident and how it is not even noted by most people?
8. How did Bryson wistfully end this book?
9. Describe Bryson and Sherwin's adventure at the Great Barrier Reef.
10. What is the tragedy of the Aborigine children that Bryson related in his book?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)