|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their trip Bryson and Sherwin explored during the day and ____________ at night.
(a) Made phone calls.
(c) Wrote letters.
2. For what is Myall Creek famous?
(a) The production of boomerangs.
(b) An incident involving the slaughter of Aborigines.
(c) The production of didgeridoos.
(d) The prisoner colonies.
3. In what year did the Myall Creek incident occur?
4. Where was Kingsford Smith later recovered?
(a) The Victoria Desert.
(b) The Great Barrier Reef.
(c) The Kimberley Coast.
(d) The Tasmania Isles.
5. The UNESCO has designated Ayers Rock as a __________________.
(a) World Heritage Site.
(b) tourist trap.
(c) sacred space.
(d) national treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Perth Bryson encountered an echidna which is related to _________________.
2. Why couldn't Bryson and Sherwin swim in the cove next to their hotel?
3. What is remarkable about the stromatolites?
4. What did Bryson find so amazing about the town of Alice Springs?
5. Which of the following fascinated Bryson during his trip to Australia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Devils Marbles.
2. What commitment did Bryson make to a foreigner while drunk at a pub in Daly Waters.
3. How did Bryson wistfully end this book?
4. How can the reader tell that Uluru was Bryson's favorite site during his Australia trip?
5. What was unique about the worms Bryson saw in a small museum?
6. For what is Alice Springs best known?
7. To what does Perth owe much of its prosperity and who was one of its most prominent citizens and businessmen?
8. What did Bryson at first find so bizarre about the town of Alice Springs?
9. What did Bryson find so fascinating about the stromatolites at Sharks Bay?
10. What information did Bryson provide about how Australia came to be populated?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)