|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the railroad Bryson took to travel across the continent?
(a) Indian Pacific.
(b) Kangaroo Ltd.
(c) Aborigine Express.
(d) Australia Ltd.
2. Where did Bryson and Hart take a day trip from Broken Hill?
(a) The beach.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The desert.
(d) The plateaus.
3. How many specimens of plants and small animals did Banks collect while in Australia?
(a) Over 30,000.
(b) Less than 20,000.
(c) At least 100,000.
(d) About 50,000.
4. What was Bryson's destination after leaving Adelaide?
5. What is the largest city in Australia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gambling casino where Carmel took Bryson?
2. How did Bryson plan to travel across the continent?
3. What is the world's largest living thing located in Australia?
4. Where did Bryson enjoy riding in the train?
5. What happened when Bryson drank too much in a pub?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bryson find Adelaide to be in spite of what the locals said about it?
2. What was the focus of Bryson's driving trip along the Boomerang Coast?
3. What was Bryson's former experience in Australia and what were his plans for this trip?
4. Describe Bryson's trip east from Adelaide to Melbourne.
5. Explain why the 1950s saw a boom in Australia's population.
6. What particularly fascinated Bryson about the train ride across the desert?
7. Why did Bryson find the sport of cricket somewhat amusing?
8. What is the nature and tone of Bryson's writing about his experiences in Australia?
9. What is the most recognizable feature in Sydney and what was Bryson's personal favorite?
10. What self deprecating behavior of Adelaide residents bothered Bryson?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)