|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bryson characterize the yuppie town of Tanunda?
2. What was Bryson's destination after leaving Canberra?
3. What happened when Bryson drank too much in a pub?
(a) His notes are scrawled.
(b) He made lots of new friends.
(c) He bought drinks for everybody.
(d) He make transcontinental phone calls.
4. In what year did Sydney host the Olympics?
5. The town of Cowra is famous for a mass breakout of ____________ prisoners during World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. What museum did Carmel take Bryson to visit?
2. What is the largest city in Australia?
3. Where had Thomas Austin released his rabbits to horrendous consequences?
4. In what year did Bryson first visit Melbourne?
5. What is the worst offender of species destroying or endangering much of Australia's flora and fauna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the focus of Bryson's driving trip along the Boomerang Coast?
2. What particularly fascinated Bryson about the train ride across the desert?
3. What was Bryson's standard itinerary while visiting cities and towns?
4. For what is Sydney's Circular Quay most famous?
5. After Thomas Austin's rabbit debacle, what immigrant animal is Australia's worst menace?
6. What was Bryson's former experience in Australia and what were his plans for this trip?
7. What did early European explorers think Australia was when they saw it or landed on it?
8. What did Bryson claim to have done that few Australians have ever done?
9. How did Canberra come to be the capital of Australia?
10. To what city had Melbourne lost ranking and commercial success?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)