|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Australia establish rules of citizenship for people born in Australia?
2. Who was the British lieutenant who arrived in Australia in 1770?
(a) James Cook.
(b) James Lyburn.
(c) James Hall.
(d) James Ashley.
3. What was Bryson's destination city?
4. The Spriggina Fossil is said to be a possible explanation for the sudden explosion of life in the ____________ period.
5. How did Bryson characterize the yuppie town of Tanunda?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do most people know about Australia?
2. In what year did Bryson first visit Melbourne?
3. What did Bryson and Hart do that most Australians never do?
4. What did early European explorers think Australia was?
5. Bryson is struck by a shop in Young offering pets and _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Bryson's former experience in Australia and what were his plans for this trip?
2. What was the focus of Bryson's driving trip along the Boomerang Coast?
3. What national tragedy and embarrassment occurred at Cheviot Beach in 1967?
4. After Thomas Austin's rabbit debacle, what immigrant animal is Australia's worst menace?
5. What is the nature and tone of Bryson's writing about his experiences in Australia?
6. Describe Bryson's trek through desolate land from Canberra to Adelaide.
7. What particularly fascinated Bryson about the train ride across the desert?
8. What fun did Bryson have with the world's biggest lobster?
9. How did Bryson find Adelaide to be in spite of what the locals said about it?
10. On what did Bryson tend to focus on while walking through Sydney and Canberra?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)