|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What natural wonder did Bryson and Sherwin stop to see in North Queensland?
(a) Heard Island.
(b) Great Barrier Reef.
(c) Grand Canyon.
(d) Mount Augustus.
2. Which of the following did Bryson say he will not know once he leaves Australia?
(a) Which sites he saw or did not see in the country.
(b) The discovery of some new species in the desert.
(c) The conclusion of political events he had followed.
(d) All of these.
3. What was the projected population of Aborigines at the time Bryson wrote this book?
(b) 15 million.
4. How fast can the Australian brushfires move?
(a) 55 mph.
(b) 30 mph.
(c) 15 mph.
(d) 100 mph.
5. The boulders at Devil's Marbles measure _________________ feet across.
(a) Thirty or more.
(b) Five to ten.
(c) Twenty or so.
6. What is the name of the site where Bryson and Sherwin stopped to see giant boulders?
(a) Devils Marbles.
(c) Big Rocks.
(d) Rocks of the Gods.
7. Bryson and Sherwin took a ferry to __________________.
(a) the Sydney Opera House.
(b) Coral See Islands.
(c) the Australian Desert.
(d) the Great Barrier Reef.
8. At one time how may Allied troops were in holding in Alice Springs?
9. Where did Bryson and Sherwin's ferry dock?
(a) Smithson Reef.
(b) Coral Reef.
(c) Agincourt Reef.
(d) Seabreeze Reef.
10. In what city did Bryson and Sherwin have to wait out a monsoon?
11. What kinds of trees did Bryson explore in the forests southwest of Perth?
(a) Karri and Jamal.
(b) Karri and Kookaburra.
(c) Karri and Jarrah.
(d) Kiki and Jarrah.
12. In what part of America did Bryson live at the time he visited Australia?
(a) New England.
13. What color predominates in the desert Bryson and Sherwin passed through on the way to Alice Spring?
14. Bryson took some time to walk around Alice Springs and saw Aborigines who were _________________.
(a) All of these.
(c) In a bad way.
15. How did Bryson and Sherwin get a great view of the Great Barrier Reef?
(a) With binoculars.
(b) In a semi-submersible boat.
(c) From a helicopter.
(d) From the ferry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the journalist who exposed the Myall Creek incident?
2. Where is Surfer's Paradise located?
3. Which of the following fascinated Bryson during his trip to Australia?
4. Who was one of Australia's most famous land owners and miners?
5. Where was Alan Howe's country house located?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)