|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Phillip anchored in the harbor now known as __________________.
(b) Circular Quay.
(c) Roundabout Bay.
2. What did Bryson and Hart do that most Australians never do?
(a) Hiked the desert.
(b) Swam with sharks.
(c) Ate with Aborigines.
(d) Traveled the whole length of the country.
3. What was Bryson's starting location?
4. Which of the following does Bryson spend some time discussing in the book?
(a) The founding of Sydney.
(b) The planning and building of Canberra.
(c) All of these.
(d) The Australian gold rush.
5. Australia is the habit of ____________________ than anywhere else in the world.
(a) more horses.
(b) more deadly creatures.
(c) more birds.
(d) more jaguars.
6. Where did Bryson enjoy riding in the train?
(a) The locomotive.
(b) The sleeping berth.
(c) The caboose.
(d) The dining car.
7. Where did Bryson go at night to make notes about his day's activities?
(a) A pub.
(b) An Internet cafe.
(c) His hotel room.
(d) A library.
8. What is the worst offender of species destroying or endangering much of Australia's flora and fauna?
9. Early European explorers thought Australia was the size of __________________.
(a) New Guinea.
(c) The Bahamas.
10. In which of the following colors of clothing do cricket players dress?
11. What type of animals did Thomas Austin unleash to hunt for sport?
12. How many cats were said to be roaming Australia at the time Bryson wrote this book?
(a) 10 million.
(b) 43 million.
(c) 2 million.
(d) 12 million.
13. What mesmerized Bryson while on the train?
(a) The glimmering track.
(b) The cloud formations.
(c) The stars at night.
(d) The blazing sun.
14. What did not let Bryson alone during his walk on Cheviot Beach?
15. What did Bryson do during the daylight hours on his visits to each city?
(a) Typed his notes.
(b) Made phone calls home.
(c) Interviewed local people.
(d) Walked the commercial and residential areas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did early European explorers think Australia was?
2. It is unusual that Australia gets such little Western media coverage because ___________________.
3. Bryson stated that if he lived in Australia he would constantly be looking for _______________.
4. What has Bryson not seen yet in Australia?
5. Bryson is struck by a shop in Young offering pets and _______________.
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)