|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creature terrified Bryson in Australia?
(c) Tasmanian devils.
2. When did Australia establish rules of citizenship for people born in Australia?
3. What did Bryson and Hart do that most Australians never do?
(a) Hiked the desert.
(b) Swam with sharks.
(c) Traveled the whole length of the country.
(d) Ate with Aborigines.
4. What is the worst offender of species destroying or endangering much of Australia's flora and fauna?
5. What was Bryson's destination after leaving Canberra?
6. What is the largest city in Australia?
7. The southeastern edge of Australia where the four largest cites are located is called __________________.
(a) Aborigine Plains.
(b) Great Barrier Reef.
(c) The Gold Coast.
(d) Boomerang Coast.
8. What did Captain Arthur Phillip bring with him to Australia in 1788?
9. What mesmerized Bryson while on the train?
(a) The glimmering track.
(b) The stars at night.
(c) The blazing sun.
(d) The cloud formations.
10. Which of the following does Bryson spend some time discussing in the book?
(a) The founding of Sydney.
(b) The planning and building of Canberra.
(c) The Australian gold rush.
(d) All of these.
11. What type of animals did Thomas Austin unleash to hunt for sport?
12. How many people lived in Canberra at the time Bryson wrote this book?
13. Australia is the habit of ____________________ than anywhere else in the world.
(a) more birds.
(b) more deadly creatures.
(c) more horses.
(d) more jaguars.
14. Bryson listed some of the early expeditions sent by ___________ to explore the land.
15. What did not let Bryson alone during his walk on Cheviot Beach?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bryson plan to travel across the continent?
2. What did Bryson do during the daylight hours on his visits to each city?
3. How much do most people know about Australia?
4. Who is Alan Howe's wife?
5. Australian people seemed to Bryson to be obsessed with comparing their _____________ with others.
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)