|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creature terrified Bryson in Australia?
(d) Tasmanian devils.
2. Where did Bryson go at night to make notes about his day's activities?
(a) His hotel room.
(b) An Internet cafe.
(c) A library.
(d) A pub.
3. At the Natural History Museum Bryson joined some young boys in ogling _______________ behind glass.
(a) lethal snakes.
(d) koala bears.
4. What had Bryson hoped to see in the South Australia Museum?
(a) Captain Cook's sword.
(b) A coral display.
(c) The Spriggina Fossil.
(d) The Tasmanian Devil.
5. Which of the following describes the Barossa Valley?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. The devastation of vegetation by Austin's rabbits was followed by ________________.
2. To what did Bryson compare the Barossa Valley?
3. Why couldn't Bryson and Sherwin swim in the cove next to their hotel?
4. When did Australia establish rules of citizenship for people born in Australia?
5. According to Bryson, Australia's interior is _________________.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)