|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bryson wrote that the difference between Canberra and Adelaide is that Canberra is a city built in a park, whereas Adelaide is __________________________.
(a) A plateau of perfection.
(b) A shining city on a hill.
(c) A glittering gem.
(d) A city filled with parks.
2. Where did Bryson and Sherwin's ferry dock?
(a) Coral Reef.
(b) Agincourt Reef.
(c) Seabreeze Reef.
(d) Smithson Reef.
3. Where did Bryson and Hart take a day trip from Broken Hill?
(a) The plateaus.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The desert.
(d) The beach.
4. What did Bryson and Hart do that most Australians never do?
(a) Traveled the whole length of the country.
(b) Ate with Aborigines.
(c) Hiked the desert.
(d) Swam with sharks.
5. Bryson listed some of the early expeditions sent by ___________ to explore the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is this book about?
2. Who is Alan Howe's wife?
3. Why did Bryson visit Melbourne the first time?
4. For what is Canberra known?
5. In what year did the Myall Creek incident occur?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)