|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What museum did Carmel take Bryson to visit?
(a) Natural History Museum.
(b) Aviation Museum.
(c) Maritime Museum.
(d) Immigration Museum.
2. The boulders at Devil's Marbles measure _________________ feet across.
(b) Five to ten.
(c) Twenty or so.
(d) Thirty or more.
3. What is the name of the site where Bryson and Sherwin stopped to see giant boulders?
(b) Devils Marbles.
(c) Rocks of the Gods.
(d) Big Rocks.
4. How long was the meta sign of the lobster?
(a) 17 feet.
(b) 23 feet.
(c) 100 feet.
(d) 56 feet.
5. What natural wonder did Bryson and Sherwin stop to see in North Queensland?
(a) Grand Canyon.
(b) Mount Augustus.
(c) Great Barrier Reef.
(d) Heard Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the annual tourist count of Alice Springs at the time that Bryson visited?
2. What is the name of the highway Bryson drove eastward along the coast to Melbourne?
3. What is notable about the Megascolides Australis?
4. Australian people seemed to Bryson to be obsessed with comparing their _____________ with others.
5. Which of the following does Bryson spend some time discussing in the book?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)