|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the seventeen-foot crocodile Bryson and Sherwin saw in a museum in Darwin?
2. Early European explorers thought Australia was the size of __________________.
(c) The Bahamas.
(d) New Guinea.
3. The southeastern edge of Australia where the four largest cites are located is called __________________.
(a) Great Barrier Reef.
(b) Boomerang Coast.
(c) The Gold Coast.
(d) Aborigine Plains.
4. What is Trevor Ray Hart's profession?
5. What did early European explorers think Australia was?
(a) South America.
(b) North America.
(c) An island in the Indies.
(d) Central America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Bryson see at Surfer's Paradise?
2. What is the name of the railroad Bryson took to travel across the continent?
3. How much press coverage does Australia get in Western media?
4. How many cats were said to be roaming Australia at the time Bryson wrote this book?
5. The devastation of vegetation by Austin's rabbits was followed by ________________.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)