|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Canberra known?
(a) Urban planning.
(b) Downtown decay.
(c) Inner city regrowth.
(d) Suburban sprawl.
2. In what year was the Commonwealth of Australia formed?
3. What happened when Bryson drank too much in a pub?
(a) His notes are scrawled.
(b) He made lots of new friends.
(c) He bought drinks for everybody.
(d) He make transcontinental phone calls.
4. Residents of the city of Adelaide quite frequently mentioned the city's __________.
5. What is the world's largest living thing located in Australia?
(a) The Lochness Monster.
(c) The Painted Desert.
(d) The Great Barrier Reef.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bryson listed some of the early expeditions sent by ___________ to explore the land.
2. What was the name of Lt. James Cook's ship?
3. What mesmerized Bryson while on the train?
4. What government building did Bryson visit in Canberra?
5. The town of Cowra is famous for a mass breakout of ____________ prisoners during World War II.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)