|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice ask Damon to visit, where her mother has a summer home in Part 2: The Lover?
2. What is the altitude of Mbeya?
3. Who is unable to use his credit card at the hotel in Dar es Salaam in Part 2: The Lover?
4. What is the capital of Chile?
5. Charles repeatedly calls Damon by what incorrect name in Part 2: The Lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lusaka described in Part Two: The Lover? Where do Damon and his fellow travelers go next?
2. Where is Damon found traveling in the beginning of Part Two: The Lover? How has he changed?
3. How does Damon eventually get across the Tanzanian border in Part Two: The Lover?
4. What does Damon grow to dislike about his original group of travelers in Malawi in Part Two: The Lover?
5. Who is the object of Damon's affections in Part Two: The Lover? How is this love unrequited?
6. Why are Damon's fellow travelers unable to cross the Malawian border in Part Two: The Lover? Who does Damon meet at the border crossing?
7. What crashed into the train window as Damon and his friends traveled in Part Two: The Lover? Who ends up sitting next to Damon on the train?
8. Where is Damon when Christian, Jerome and Alice decide to stay with him for a few days in Part Two: The Lover?
9. About what does Damon worry in Tanzania in Part Two: The Lover? Where do he and his group go to stay in Tanzania?
10. How does Damon's isolation grow stronger when he is with the first traveling group in Malawi in Part Two: The Lover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the setting of Malawi, Zambia and the characters established in the beginning of Part Two. Where did Damon meet these companions?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the journey taken by Damon and his companions from Lusaka to the border of Malawi. What are the conditions of the bus ride like?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the plot structure of Part One: The Follower, identifying and analyzing the exposition, rising action and climax of the narrative. How traditional is this plot structure?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)