|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the older man whom Damon meets in an antique store in Part 2: The Lover?
2. The Victoria Falls is a waterfall located in southern Africa on what river?
(a) The Nile River.
(b) The Kafue River.
(c) The Zambezi River.
(d) The Luangwa River.
3. The United Republic of Tanzania is a state composed of how many regions?
4. In Part 2: The Lover, a border guard on the Malawi side of the border tells Damon to bribe whom in order to cross in Part 2: The Lover?
(a) The bus driver.
(b) A Tanzanian guard.
(c) A local priest.
(d) The Tanzanian Prime Minister.
5. Amsterdam is the capital of what nation?
(d) The Netherlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mbeya is the first large urban settlement encountered when traveling overland from what neighboring nation?
2. After spending a few days off the boat with Damon, Christian tells him that they are traveling where in Part 2: The Lover?
3. Who tugs at Damon's fly at the hotel after his traveling companions have left Dar es Salaam in Part 2: The Lover?
4. How much money does Damon pay as a bribe to cross from Malawi to Tanzania in Part 2: The Lover?
5. Where do the characters of Christian and Jerome first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Damon travel and have a sublime solitary experience in the beginning of Part Two: The Lover? How is it described?
2. Why do Damon and his group of friends travel to Kenya in Part Two: The Lover?
3. Why does Damon depart from his traveling companions from Europe at the Malawian border in Part Two: The Lover? How does he feel about this?
4. How does Damon evolve in Part Two: The Lover? What remains his drive to travel?
5. What traveler from Chile joins Damon's group in Part Two: The Lover? How does Damon describe his feelings about crossing the border in this chapter?
6. Where is Damon when Christian, Jerome and Alice decide to stay with him for a few days in Part Two: The Lover?
7. Why are Damon's fellow travelers unable to cross the Malawian border in Part Two: The Lover? Who does Damon meet at the border crossing?
8. Who is Damon invited to join on a trip to Malawi in Part Two: The Lover? How does Damon feel about this group?
9. Where does Damon reconnect with Christian, Jerome and the others after crossing the border in Part Two: The Lover?
10. What prevents Damon from getting close to Jerome in their first travels together in Part Two: The Lover? Where does he go with the group after leaving Nhkata Bay?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)