|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the embassy tell the travelers to go in order to get cash from their credit cars in Dar es Salaam in Part 2: The Lover?
2. Tanzania is bordered by what countries to the north?
(a) Malawi and Kenya,
(b) Kenya and Uganda.
(c) Zimbabwe and Ethiopia.
(d) Cad and Uganda.
3. Amsterdam is the capital of what nation?
(c) The Netherlands.
4. While in Zimbabwe, Damon is invited to join a group of travelers who are going where?
(a) Cairo, Egypt.
(b) Malawi, Zambia.
(c) Johannesburg, South Africa.
(d) Madrid, Spain.
5. What is the capital of Chile?
Short Answer Questions
1. The United Republic of Tanzania is a state composed of how many regions?
2. Damon is unable to cross the border along with his traveling companions in Malawi because he does not have what in Part 2: The Lover?
3. The Victoria Falls is a waterfall located in southern Africa between what two countries?
4. What is the name of the young Swiss woman in the traveling party with which Damon meets up in Part 2: The Lover?
5. What is the capital of Germany?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does Damon worry in Tanzania in Part Two: The Lover? Where do he and his group go to stay in Tanzania?
2. Where does Damon reconnect with Christian, Jerome and the others after crossing the border in Part Two: The Lover?
3. What traveler from Chile joins Damon's group in Part Two: The Lover? How does Damon describe his feelings about crossing the border in this chapter?
4. Why do Damon and his group of friends travel to Kenya in Part Two: The Lover?
5. How is Lusaka described in Part Two: The Lover? Where do Damon and his fellow travelers go next?
6. Why are Damon's fellow travelers unable to cross the Malawian border in Part Two: The Lover? Who does Damon meet at the border crossing?
7. What does Damon grow to dislike about his original group of travelers in Malawi in Part Two: The Lover?
8. Who is the object of Damon's affections in Part Two: The Lover? How is this love unrequited?
9. What crashed into the train window as Damon and his friends traveled in Part Two: The Lover? Who ends up sitting next to Damon on the train?
10. How does Damon's isolation grow stronger when he is with the first traveling group in Malawi in Part Two: The Lover?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)