|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young Swiss woman in the traveling party with which Damon meets up in Part 2: The Lover?
2. What is the principle language spoken in Mbeya?
3. Once Damon has gotten across the Tanzanian border in Part 2: The Lover, it takes him how long to travel by bus to Mbeya?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 6 hours.
4. Karonga is located on the western shore of what lake?
(a) Lake Nyasa.
(b) Lake Victoria.
(c) Lake Kivu.
(d) Lake Tanganyika.
5. How much money does Damon pay as a bribe to cross from Malawi to Tanzania in Part 2: The Lover?
(a) 20 dollars.
(b) 5 dollars.
(c) 40 dollars.
(d) 10 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mbeya is a city in what country of Africa?
2. What is the altitude of Mbeya?
3. Part Two: The Lover begins with Damon traveling where?
4. When Charles and Damon part ways, Charles tries to get Damon to stay longer because he fears what in Part 2: The Lover?
5. What does Damon write for his name when he trades contact information with Charles in Part 2: The Lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What traveler from Chile joins Damon's group in Part Two: The Lover? How does Damon describe his feelings about crossing the border in this chapter?
2. How does Damon eventually get across the Tanzanian border in Part Two: The Lover?
3. How is Lusaka described in Part Two: The Lover? Where do Damon and his fellow travelers go next?
4. How is the character of Charles first described when Damon meets him in Part Two: The Lover?
5. Why do Damon and his group of friends travel to Kenya in Part Two: The Lover?
6. Why does Damon depart from his traveling companions from Europe at the Malawian border in Part Two: The Lover? How does he feel about this?
7. What prevents Damon from getting close to Jerome in their first travels together in Part Two: The Lover? Where does he go with the group after leaving Nhkata Bay?
8. Why are Damon's fellow travelers unable to cross the Malawian border in Part Two: The Lover? Who does Damon meet at the border crossing?
9. What does Damon grow to dislike about his original group of travelers in Malawi in Part Two: The Lover?
10. Where does Damon reconnect with Christian, Jerome and the others after crossing the border in Part Two: The Lover?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)