|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Damon, Richard and his fellow travelers take a bus ride to the Malawian border that lasts how long in Part 2: The Lover?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 45 minutes.
2. What refers to a member of a people or tribe that has no permanent abode but moves about from place to place?
3. In what activity does Damon participate while at the Victoria Falls in Part Two: The Lover?
(c) Bird watching.
(d) White-water rafting.
4. What is the name of the young Swiss woman in the traveling party with which Damon meets up in Part 2: The Lover?
5. Following the 1905 gold rush, Mbeya was founded as a gold mining town in what era?
(a) The 1950's.
(b) The 1930's.
(c) The 1940's.
(d) The 1920s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tugs at Damon's fly at the hotel after his traveling companions have left Dar es Salaam in Part 2: The Lover?
2. Tanzania is located in what region of Africa?
3. Who is unable to use his credit card at the hotel in Dar es Salaam in Part 2: The Lover?
4. Between independence and 1996, what main coastal city served as Tanzania's political capital?
5. What has been the official capital of Tanzania since 1996?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Damon evolve in Part Two: The Lover? What remains his drive to travel?
2. How does Damon eventually get across the Tanzanian border in Part Two: The Lover?
3. Why are Damon's fellow travelers unable to cross the Malawian border in Part Two: The Lover? Who does Damon meet at the border crossing?
4. Where does Damon travel and have a sublime solitary experience in the beginning of Part Two: The Lover? How is it described?
5. Why do Damon and his group of friends travel to Kenya in Part Two: The Lover?
6. How is the character of Charles first described when Damon meets him in Part Two: The Lover?
7. Where does Damon first meet up with Christian, Jerome and Alice in Part Two: The Lover? How did these travelers come together?
8. About what does Damon worry in Tanzania in Part Two: The Lover? Where do he and his group go to stay in Tanzania?
9. What traveler from Chile joins Damon's group in Part Two: The Lover? How does Damon describe his feelings about crossing the border in this chapter?
10. Where does Damon reconnect with Christian, Jerome and the others after crossing the border in Part Two: The Lover?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)