|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Persian Gulf War was a war waged by a U.N.-authorized coalition force led by the United States against what nation?
2. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman who's going where?
(d) Cape Town.
3. In what town is the abandoned seminary where Reiner and Damon camp after the first part of their trip in Part One: The Follower?
4. When Damon and Reiner go to see a beautiful view of the village in which they are staying in Part One: The Follower, Reiner stands there near the mountain edge and a flash goes through Damon's mind of what?
(a) An avalanche sweeping both of them away.
(b) Hitting Reiner in the head with a rock.
(c) An eagle flying by.
(d) Pushing Reiner off.
5. In Part One: The Follower, Damon calls friends where to see if they might have seen Reiner after they split in the wilderness?
(c) Cape Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Damon's mother live?
2. Where does Damon finally re-encounter Reiner after they split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower?
3. In Part One: The Follower, Damon and Reiner disagree about their travel methods, with Reiner wanting to continue their pattern of doing what?
4. Who helps Reiner and Damon by sending them to a village where they sleep on the mud floor of a hut the night after they take off for the Drakensberg mountains?
5. What does Reiner share with Damon in Part One: The Follower on their second night together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Damon consider doing while at a scenic viewing area with Reiner in Part One: The Follower?
2. What are the days along the journey like for Damon and Reiner in Part One: The Follower? When do they do the most walking?
3. Where are Reiner and Damon when they complete the first leg of their Lesotho trip in Part One: The Follower? Where do they find a place to camp?
4. Where does Reiner suggest Damon and he go hiking while on his visit in South Africa in Part One: The Follower? What personality traits does Damon notice about his friend at this time?
5. What differences does Damon see between himself and Reiner before they depart for Lesotho in Part One: The Follower?
6. Where is the first leg of Damon and Reiner's trip to Lesotho in Part One: The Follower? How do the men travel and where do they stay?
7. Where do Damon and Reiner sleep the first night of their hike into the mountains in Part One: The Follower?
8. What causes Damon to feel resentment toward Reiner when they purchase food for the trip in Part One: The Follower?
9. Where does Reiner go after dinner at the hotel in Maseru in Part One: The Follower? Why?
10. What is revealed in the letters between Reiner and Damon in Part One: The Follower? Where is Reiner located at this time?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)