|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One night in Part One: The Follower, Reiner tells Damon that he wants to travel how far the next day to challenge himself?
(a) 20 kilometers.
(b) 60 kilometers.
(c) 40 kilometers.
(d) 80 kilometers.
2. On the second day of their trip into the Drakensberg mountains, Damon and Reiner plan to undertake their longest walk to a settlement named what in Part One: The Follower?
3. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman driving what type of vehicle?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A van.
(c) A tractor.
(d) A snowmobile.
4. The first leg of the trip Damon and Reiner take in South Africa is on a train from Cape Town to where in Part One: The Follower?
5. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner tells Damon that a woman where wants to marry him?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner is described as an obsessive person and he studies what for hours without a break before his hike with Damon?
2. Who is particularly excited about the hike Damon and Reiner plan to take in South Africa and offers to fund it in Part One: The Follower?
3. Where is the character of Reiner from?
4. Reiner tells Damon in Part One: The Follower that he has come to Greece to do what?
5. When Damon finally sees Reiner again after their split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower, Reiner intends to leave the country in a week but is so ill and exhausted he stays how long?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Reiner say he is Greece to avoid in Part One: The Follower? What attraction can be seen between Reiner and Damon in this section?
2. What role does Damon play in Part One: The Follower? Who is the narrator of the story?
3. Why does the stranger come to the narrator's room at the hostel in Part One: The Follower? Who is the man?
4. What are the days along the journey like for Damon and Reiner in Part One: The Follower? When do they do the most walking?
5. What causes Damon to feel resentment toward Reiner when they purchase food for the trip in Part One: The Follower?
6. What is central in the conflicts between Reiner and Damon in Part One: The Follower?
7. Where are Reiner and Damon when they complete the first leg of their Lesotho trip in Part One: The Follower? Where do they find a place to camp?
8. What differences does Damon see between himself and Reiner before they depart for Lesotho in Part One: The Follower?
9. What exhausting hike does Reiner suggest along the second leg of the hike to Lesotho in Part One: The Follower? How is it described?
10. Where is the first leg of Damon and Reiner's trip to Lesotho in Part One: The Follower? How do the men travel and where do they stay?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)