|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Damon is in the countryside of what country when he meets Reiner?
2. What heavy food does Reiner choose to purchase at the small grocery along his hike with Damon in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Melons and whiskey bottles.
(b) Carrots and fish.
(c) Potatoes and canned food.
(d) Beer cans and sausages.
3. Where does Reiner have sexual intercourse with a masseuse in Part One: The Follower?
(a) The hotel sauna.
(b) In one of the rooms.
(c) The front desk.
(d) The kitchen.
4. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but he only has how much money left?
(a) 30 rand.
(b) 10 rand.
(c) 50 rand.
(d) 20 rand.
5. What refers to a type of knapsack carried by hikers, bicyclists, and other outdoor sportsmen?
(c) Fanny pack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Damon and Reiner sleep when they can't find a place to pitch a tent on their first night hiking the foothills in Part One: The Follower?
2. Reiner tells Damon in Part One: The Follower that he has come to Greece to do what?
3. On the second day of their trip into the Drakensberg mountains, Damon and Reiner plan to undertake their longest walk to a settlement named what in Part One: The Follower?
4. After how much time does Damon return to a friend's house in Cape Town after parting ways the first time with Reiner in Part One: The Follower?
5. In Part One: The Follower, Damon and Reiner disagree about their travel methods, with Reiner wanting to continue their pattern of doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the days along the journey like for Damon and Reiner in Part One: The Follower? When do they do the most walking?
2. When Reiner and Damon stop to rest along the second leg of their journey at a village in Part One: The Follower, what is their relationship like?
3. What is central in the conflicts between Reiner and Damon in Part One: The Follower?
4. What are the reasons Damon and Reiner give for their travels to Greece in Part One: The Follower?
5. What exhausting hike does Reiner suggest along the second leg of the hike to Lesotho in Part One: The Follower? How is it described?
6. Where does Reiner suggest Damon and he go hiking while on his visit in South Africa in Part One: The Follower? What personality traits does Damon notice about his friend at this time?
7. Where is the first leg of Damon and Reiner's trip to Lesotho in Part One: The Follower? How do the men travel and where do they stay?
8. What is revealed in the letters between Reiner and Damon in Part One: The Follower? Where is Reiner located at this time?
9. What does Damon relate about his isolation and traveling while in Sparta in Part One: The Follower?
10. What role does Damon play in Part One: The Follower? Who is the narrator of the story?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)