|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hiking for how long do Reiner and Damon complete the first part of their trip and camp in an abandoned seminary in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) A week.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Four days.
2. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner is described as an obsessive person and he studies what for hours without a break before his hike with Damon?
(a) A coin.
(b) The Lesotho map.
(c) A painting.
(d) A book.
3. What happens when Reiner and Damon go on a night hike outside the village in which they are staying along their hike in Part One: The Follower?
(a) They see a bear.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A sudden downpour.
(d) It starts to snow.
4. To where did the traveler miss a train in Part One: The Follower, leading him to stay in a stranger's hostel room?
(a) Rome, Italy.
(b) Athens, Greece.
(c) Quito, Ecuador.
(d) Sydney, Australia.
5. When Damon finally sees Reiner again after their split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower, Reiner intends to leave the country in a week but is so ill and exhausted he stays how long?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what mode of transportation do Damon and Reiner travel to the Lesotho border in Part One: The Follower?
2. Where is the character of Reiner from?
3. What does Reiner do when Damon insists they stay and look for part of their camping supplies after a storm in Part One: The Follower?
4. On what kind of project does Reiner tell Damon he is working when they begin exchanging letters while Damon is in Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
5. What does Reiner tell Damon is his profession in Part One: The Follower?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is central in the conflicts between Reiner and Damon in Part One: The Follower?
2. What exhausting hike does Reiner suggest along the second leg of the hike to Lesotho in Part One: The Follower? How is it described?
3. What is revealed in the letters between Reiner and Damon in Part One: The Follower? Where is Reiner located at this time?
4. Where do Damon and Reiner sleep the first night of their hike into the mountains in Part One: The Follower?
5. Where are Reiner and Damon when they complete the first leg of their Lesotho trip in Part One: The Follower? Where do they find a place to camp?
6. Where is the first leg of Damon and Reiner's trip to Lesotho in Part One: The Follower? How do the men travel and where do they stay?
7. Why does the stranger come to the narrator's room at the hostel in Part One: The Follower? Who is the man?
8. What causes Damon to feel resentment toward Reiner when they purchase food for the trip in Part One: The Follower?
9. What are the days along the journey like for Damon and Reiner in Part One: The Follower? When do they do the most walking?
10. What does Damon consider doing while at a scenic viewing area with Reiner in Part One: The Follower?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)