|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the judicial capital of South Africa?
(b) Cape Town.
2. The character of Damon travels perpetually for what reason?
(a) He feels driven to find a wife.
(b) He is never happy anywhere.
(c) He loves mountain-climbing.
(d) He works in international trade.
3. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman from where?
4. Damon equates being loved with what in the narrative?
(d) Having power.
5. Where does Damon finally re-encounter Reiner after they split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower?
(b) Cape Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One: The Follower, Damon and Reiner visit ruins and Damon tells Reiner what he knows of the legend of grief and what behind them?
2. When Damon finally sees Reiner again after their split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower, Reiner intends to leave the country in a week but is so ill and exhausted he stays how long?
3. When did the Persian Gulf War begin?
4. Reiner suggests that he and Damon take a hiking trip to a region called what when he visits Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
5. What happens when Reiner and Damon go on a night hike outside the village in which they are staying along their hike in Part One: The Follower?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Damon to feel resentment toward Reiner when they purchase food for the trip in Part One: The Follower?
2. What is central in the conflicts between Reiner and Damon in Part One: The Follower?
3. What are the reasons Damon and Reiner give for their travels to Greece in Part One: The Follower?
4. Where are Reiner and Damon when they complete the first leg of their Lesotho trip in Part One: The Follower? Where do they find a place to camp?
5. How does the author set up the opening of Part One: The Follower? How are the travelers described?
6. What does Damon relate about his isolation and traveling while in Sparta in Part One: The Follower?
7. Where is the first leg of Damon and Reiner's trip to Lesotho in Part One: The Follower? How do the men travel and where do they stay?
8. Why does the stranger come to the narrator's room at the hostel in Part One: The Follower? Who is the man?
9. Where do Damon and Reiner sleep the first night of their hike into the mountains in Part One: The Follower?
10. Who does Reiner say he is Greece to avoid in Part One: The Follower? What attraction can be seen between Reiner and Damon in this section?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)