|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1800s, Karonga existed as the stronghold of what famous Arab slaver?
2. Mbeya had an approximate population of what in 2005?
3. When Damon and his fellow travelers arrive in Dar es Salaam, Christian, Jerome and Alice are in one room and Damon stays with whom in the other?
4. Mbeya is the first large urban settlement encountered when traveling overland from what neighboring nation?
5. What refers to a member of a people or tribe that has no permanent abode but moves about from place to place?
6. Who tugs at Damon's fly at the hotel after his traveling companions have left Dar es Salaam in Part 2: The Lover?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) The doorman.
(c) The maid.
(d) The bartender.
7. What is the capital of Germany?
8. Where is the character of Jerome from?
9. Once Damon has gotten across the Tanzanian border in Part 2: The Lover, it takes him how long to travel by bus to Mbeya?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
10. Tanzania is bordered by what nations to the west?
(a) Burundi, Malawi, and, Niger.
(b) Rwanda, Burundi, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
(c) Zambia, Rwanda, and Burundi.
(d) Chad, Kenya, and Zambia.
11. The Victoria Falls is a waterfall located in southern Africa between what two countries?
(a) Kenya and Chad.
(b) Zimbabwe and South Africa.
(c) Zambia and Zimbabwe.
(d) Namiba and Mozambique.
12. What is the name of the older man whom Damon meets in an antique store in Part 2: The Lover?
13. While in Zimbabwe, Damon is invited to join a group of travelers who are going where?
(a) Johannesburg, South Africa.
(b) Madrid, Spain.
(c) Malawi, Zambia.
(d) Cairo, Egypt.
14. What was being thrown at the train that Damon and fellow travelers rode on in Part 2: The Lover?
15. How much money does Damon pay as a bribe to cross from Malawi to Tanzania in Part 2: The Lover?
(a) 10 dollars.
(b) 40 dollars.
(c) 5 dollars.
(d) 20 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Damon travel after splitting from his original group to meet up with the Frenchman and the two young Swiss people in Part 2: The Lover?
2. Who is unable to use his credit card at the hotel in Dar es Salaam in Part 2: The Lover?
3. Karonga is located on the western shore of what lake?
4. What does Damon write for his name when he trades contact information with Charles in Part 2: The Lover?
5. In what village with all the earmarks of a shanty town did Damon, Richard and other travelers arrive by train in Part 2: The Lover?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)