|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Charles and Damon part ways, Charles tries to get Damon to stay longer because he fears what in Part 2: The Lover?
(a) The Kenyans.
(b) The Egyptians.
(c) The Malawians.
(d) The South Africans.
2. Karonga is a township in the northern region of what country?
3. Where does Alice ask Damon to visit, where her mother has a summer home in Part 2: The Lover?
4. Mbeya is a city in what country of Africa?
(c) South Africa.
5. The older man Damon meets in an antique store in Part 2: The Lover is from where?
6. What is the name of the young Swiss woman in the traveling party with which Damon meets up in Part 2: The Lover?
7. The United Republic of Tanzania is a state composed of how many regions?
8. Damon takes a trip with Richard and other travelers on a train and in the middle of the night everyone is woken up by the sound of what in Part 2: The Lover?
(a) Breaking glass.
(c) Screeching brakes.
9. What has been the official capital of Tanzania since 1996?
(d) Dar es Salaam.
10. While in Zimbabwe, Damon is invited to join a group of travelers who are going where?
(a) Johannesburg, South Africa.
(b) Cairo, Egypt.
(c) Madrid, Spain.
(d) Malawi, Zambia.
11. Karonga was established as a slaving center sometime before what year?
12. When Damon is reunited with his traveling companions in Tanzania, Rodrigo tells him of the murder of whom in Part 2: The Lover?
(a) A Canadian.
(b) A Frenchman.
(c) An American.
(d) A Mexican.
13. What man from Chile is waiting at the bus with the other travelers to go to Tanzania in Part 2: The Lover?
14. Between independence and 1996, what main coastal city served as Tanzania's political capital?
(d) Dar es Salaam.
15. What was being thrown at the train that Damon and fellow travelers rode on in Part 2: The Lover?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what village with all the earmarks of a shanty town did Damon, Richard and other travelers arrive by train in Part 2: The Lover?
2. Who does Damon feel is the man who came to take his place when he must split from his traveling companions at the Malawi border in Part 2: The Lover?
3. What is the principle language spoken in Mbeya?
4. Who invites Damon to come to Switzerland when they part at the Malawi border in Part 2: The Lover?
5. Tanzania is located in what region of Africa?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)