|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Charles and Damon part ways, Charles tries to get Damon to stay longer because he fears what in Part 2: The Lover?
(a) The Malawians.
(b) The South Africans.
(c) The Kenyans.
(d) The Egyptians.
2. What does Damon discover Charles is smuggling across the border in Part 2: The Lover?
(b) Animal skins.
(c) Afghan rugs.
3. Mbeya is a city in what country of Africa?
(b) South Africa.
4. Karonga is located on the western shore of what lake?
(a) Lake Victoria.
(b) Lake Nyasa.
(c) Lake Kivu.
(d) Lake Tanganyika.
5. Who does Damon feel is the man who came to take his place when he must split from his traveling companions at the Malawi border in Part 2: The Lover?
6. After spending a few days off the boat with Damon, Christian tells him that they are traveling where in Part 2: The Lover?
7. The cargo that Charles smuggles across the Malawi border is worth how much money in Part 2: The Lover?
8. Once Damon has gotten across the Tanzanian border in Part 2: The Lover, it takes him how long to travel by bus to Mbeya?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 6 hours.
9. In Part 2: The Lover, a border guard on the Malawi side of the border tells Damon to bribe whom in order to cross in Part 2: The Lover?
(a) The bus driver.
(b) A Tanzanian guard.
(c) The Tanzanian Prime Minister.
(d) A local priest.
10. Between independence and 1996, what main coastal city served as Tanzania's political capital?
(b) Dar es Salaam.
11. Charles repeatedly calls Damon by what incorrect name in Part 2: The Lover?
12. In the 1800s, Karonga existed as the stronghold of what famous Arab slaver?
13. What is the capital of Germany?
14. Where is the character of Jerome from?
15. In what village with all the earmarks of a shanty town did Damon, Richard and other travelers arrive by train in Part 2: The Lover?
(c) Cape Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the capital of Chile?
2. The United Republic of Tanzania is a state composed of how many regions?
3. Damon takes a trip with Richard and other travelers on a train and in the middle of the night everyone is woken up by the sound of what in Part 2: The Lover?
4. After her window was broken on the train, a woman with what asked to sit next to Damon in Part 2: The Lover?
5. When Damon and his fellow travelers arrive in Dar es Salaam, Christian, Jerome and Alice are in one room and Damon stays with whom in the other?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)