|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the altitude of Mbeya?
(a) 5,500 ft.
(b) 2,200 ft.
(c) 3,700 ft.
(d) 8,600 ft.
2. Karonga is a township in the northern region of what country?
3. Tanzania is bordered by what countries to the north?
(a) Malawi and Kenya,
(b) Kenya and Uganda.
(c) Zimbabwe and Ethiopia.
(d) Cad and Uganda.
4. One of Damon's traveler friends in Part 2: The Lover is named Richard and is from where?
5. When Damon is reunited with his traveling companions in Tanzania, Rodrigo tells him of the murder of whom in Part 2: The Lover?
(a) A Frenchman.
(b) A Canadian.
(c) A Mexican.
(d) An American.
6. Once Damon has gotten across the Tanzanian border in Part 2: The Lover, it takes him how long to travel by bus to Mbeya?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 6 hours.
7. Amsterdam is the capital of what nation?
(c) The Netherlands.
8. What is the capital of Chile?
9. What does Damon discover Charles is smuggling across the border in Part 2: The Lover?
(c) Afghan rugs.
(d) Animal skins.
10. What was being thrown at the train that Damon and fellow travelers rode on in Part 2: The Lover?
11. Between independence and 1996, what main coastal city served as Tanzania's political capital?
(c) Dar es Salaam.
12. Where does Alice ask Damon to visit, where her mother has a summer home in Part 2: The Lover?
13. The Victoria Falls is a waterfall located in southern Africa between what two countries?
(a) Kenya and Chad.
(b) Zambia and Zimbabwe.
(c) Zimbabwe and South Africa.
(d) Namiba and Mozambique.
14. Tanzania is bordered by what nations to the west?
(a) Zambia, Rwanda, and Burundi.
(b) Chad, Kenya, and Zambia.
(c) Rwanda, Burundi, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
(d) Burundi, Malawi, and, Niger.
15. While in Zimbabwe, Damon is invited to join a group of travelers who are going where?
(a) Malawi, Zambia.
(b) Cairo, Egypt.
(c) Johannesburg, South Africa.
(d) Madrid, Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tanzania is located in what region of Africa?
2. Where does the embassy tell the travelers to go in order to get cash from their credit cars in Dar es Salaam in Part 2: The Lover?
3. Karonga is located on the western shore of what lake?
4. Where do the characters of Christian and Jerome first meet?
5. Who is unable to use his credit card at the hotel in Dar es Salaam in Part 2: The Lover?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)