|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Persian Gulf War begin?
2. After camping overnight in a storm in Part One: The Follower, Reiner wants to leave but Damon is looking for what, which was lost in the storm?
(a) Tent pegs.
(b) His watch.
(c) His glasses.
(d) A compass.
3. Reiner tells Damon in Part One: The Follower that he has come to Greece to do what?
4. Where does Reiner have sexual intercourse with a masseuse in Part One: The Follower?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) In one of the rooms.
(c) The front desk.
(d) The hotel sauna.
5. Damon is in the countryside of what country when he meets Reiner?
6. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman who's going where?
(d) Cape Town.
7. One night in Part One: The Follower, Reiner tells Damon that he wants to travel how far the next day to challenge himself?
(a) 20 kilometers.
(b) 60 kilometers.
(c) 40 kilometers.
(d) 80 kilometers.
8. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner tells Damon that a woman where wants to marry him?
9. What term refers to the condition of being dominant, especially through superior economic or political power?
10. To where did the traveler miss a train in Part One: The Follower, leading him to stay in a stranger's hostel room?
(a) Athens, Greece.
(b) Quito, Ecuador.
(c) Sydney, Australia.
(d) Rome, Italy.
11. The Persian Gulf War was a war waged by a U.N.-authorized coalition force led by the United States against what nation?
12. What does Reiner share with Damon in Part One: The Follower on their second night together?
(a) A beer.
(b) An apple.
(c) A steak.
(d) A banana.
13. What heavy food does Reiner choose to purchase at the small grocery along his hike with Damon in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Beer cans and sausages.
(b) Carrots and fish.
(c) Potatoes and canned food.
(d) Melons and whiskey bottles.
14. Where is Damon from?
(a) Cape Town, South Africa.
(b) Ottawa, Canada.
(c) Cairo, Egypt.
(d) Berlin, Germany.
15. In Part One: The Follower, Damon calls friends where to see if they might have seen Reiner after they split in the wilderness?
(d) Cape Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman from where?
2. The character of Damon travels perpetually for what reason?
3. In what town is the abandoned seminary where Reiner and Damon camp after the first part of their trip in Part One: The Follower?
4. The first leg of the trip Damon and Reiner take in South Africa is on a train from Cape Town to where in Part One: The Follower?
5. Who is particularly excited about the hike Damon and Reiner plan to take in South Africa and offers to fund it in Part One: The Follower?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)