|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the character of Reiner from?
2. At times along their hike in Part One: The Follower, Reiner insists they do what which makes Damon uneasy?
(a) Swim across a lake.
(b) Take shortcuts.
(c) Hike over a ridge.
(d) Ski down a mountain.
3. After camping overnight in a storm in Part One: The Follower, Reiner wants to leave but Damon is looking for what, which was lost in the storm?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His watch.
(c) A compass.
(d) Tent pegs.
4. Where is Damon from?
(a) Berlin, Germany.
(b) Ottawa, Canada.
(c) Cape Town, South Africa.
(d) Cairo, Egypt.
5. Damon is in the countryside of what country when he meets Reiner?
6. When Damon and Reiner go to see a beautiful view of the village in which they are staying in Part One: The Follower, Reiner stands there near the mountain edge and a flash goes through Damon's mind of what?
(a) An eagle flying by.
(b) Hitting Reiner in the head with a rock.
(c) Pushing Reiner off.
(d) An avalanche sweeping both of them away.
7. What does Reiner hand Damon when he storms off from their hike in Part One: The Follower?
(a) A fifty rand note.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A book.
(d) A photograph.
8. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but the charge is what?
(a) 70 rand.
(b) 175 rand.
(c) 125 rand.
(d) 100 rand.
9. In the two weeks before they depart for their first hike from Cape Town, Damon begins to notice that Reiner goes everywhere with him and ridicules what?
(a) His lack of money.
(b) His accent.
(c) His friends and neighbors.
(d) His daily mundane tasks.
10. The character of Damon travels perpetually for what reason?
(a) He is never happy anywhere.
(b) He feels driven to find a wife.
(c) He works in international trade.
(d) He loves mountain-climbing.
11. What happens when Reiner and Damon go on a night hike outside the village in which they are staying along their hike in Part One: The Follower?
(a) A sudden downpour.
(b) They see a bear.
(c) It starts to snow.
(d) An earthquake.
12. Where does Damon see a TV that shows the fighting and bombing of the Gulf War in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Sparta, Greece.
(b) Dublin, Ireland.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) Warsaw, Poland.
13. Where do Damon and Reiner sleep when they can't find a place to pitch a tent on their first night hiking the foothills in Part One: The Follower?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) On the ground by a stream.
(d) In a cave.
14. After hiking for how long do Reiner and Damon complete the first part of their trip and camp in an abandoned seminary in Part One: The Follower?
(a) A week.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Twelve days.
(d) Four days.
15. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but he only has how much money left?
(a) 10 rand.
(b) 30 rand.
(c) 50 rand.
(d) 20 rand.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One: The Follower, Damon and Reiner disagree about their travel methods, with Reiner wanting to continue their pattern of doing what?
2. The first leg of the trip Damon and Reiner take in South Africa is on a train from Cape Town to where in Part One: The Follower?
3. Where does Reiner tell Damon he is working when they begin exchanging letters while Damon is in Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
4. Who helps Reiner and Damon by sending them to a village where they sleep on the mud floor of a hut the night after they take off for the Drakensberg mountains?
5. Where does Damon finally re-encounter Reiner after they split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)