|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reiner tell Damon is his profession in Part One: The Follower?
2. Reiner suggests that he and Damon take a hiking trip to a region called what when he visits Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
3. Along their hike into the Drakensberg mountains, Reiner bathes each morning in river water or what in Part One: The Follower?
(d) Bottled water.
4. What heavy food does Reiner choose to purchase at the small grocery along his hike with Damon in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Potatoes and canned food.
(b) Melons and whiskey bottles.
(c) Carrots and fish.
(d) Beer cans and sausages.
5. Where is the character of Reiner from?
6. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner is described as an obsessive person and he studies what for hours without a break before his hike with Damon?
(a) A painting.
(b) A book.
(c) A coin.
(d) The Lesotho map.
7. What does Reiner do when Damon insists they stay and look for part of their camping supplies after a storm in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Cooks breakfast.
(c) Takes his pack and leaves.
(d) Starts to look for the pegs.
8. After camping overnight in a storm in Part One: The Follower, Reiner wants to leave but Damon is looking for what, which was lost in the storm?
(a) A compass.
(b) Tent pegs.
(c) His watch.
(d) His glasses.
9. The Persian Gulf War was a war waged by a U.N.-authorized coalition force led by the United States against what nation?
10. Along the road to Semonkong, Damon and Reiner reach a village and take a room, too exhausted to pitch their tent. How long do they stay?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) A few days.
(d) 48 hours.
11. On the second day of their trip into the Drakensberg mountains, Damon and Reiner plan to undertake their longest walk to a settlement named what in Part One: The Follower?
12. The first leg of the trip Damon and Reiner take in South Africa is on a train from Cape Town to where in Part One: The Follower?
13. Where does Reiner tell Damon he is working when they begin exchanging letters while Damon is in Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
14. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria and is short of money, but the driver agrees to take him when he offers what in addition to the money he has?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His watch.
(d) His shoes.
15. After hiking for how long do Reiner and Damon complete the first part of their trip and camp in an abandoned seminary in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Four days.
(c) A week.
(d) Eight hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Damon see a TV that shows the fighting and bombing of the Gulf War in Part One: The Follower?
2. By what mode of transportation do Damon and Reiner travel to the Lesotho border in Part One: The Follower?
3. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman who's going where?
4. Where does Reiner insist on sleeping in Damon's apartment when he visits Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
5. What is the legislative capital of South Africa?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)