|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Damon equates being loved with what in the narrative?
(d) Having power.
2. What heavy food does Reiner choose to purchase at the small grocery along his hike with Damon in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Potatoes and canned food.
(b) Beer cans and sausages.
(c) Carrots and fish.
(d) Melons and whiskey bottles.
3. In Part One: The Follower, Damon calls friends where to see if they might have seen Reiner after they split in the wilderness?
(d) Cape Town.
4. What happens when Reiner and Damon go on a night hike outside the village in which they are staying along their hike in Part One: The Follower?
(a) They see a bear.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A sudden downpour.
(d) It starts to snow.
5. Where does Reiner tell Damon he is working when they begin exchanging letters while Damon is in Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
6. When did the Persian Gulf War end?
7. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria and is short of money, but the driver agrees to take him when he offers what in addition to the money he has?
(a) His watch.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His glasses.
8. What does Reiner tell Damon is his profession in Part One: The Follower?
9. Along what mountain range do Damon and Reiner hike for several days in Part One: The Follower?
(a) The Maseru Mountains.
(b) The Atlas Mountains.
(c) The Rift Mountains.
(d) The Drakensberg Mountains.
10. One night in Part One: The Follower, Reiner tells Damon that he wants to travel how far the next day to challenge himself?
(a) 80 kilometers.
(b) 60 kilometers.
(c) 20 kilometers.
(d) 40 kilometers.
11. Where does Damon finally re-encounter Reiner after they split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Cape Town.
12. On what kind of project does Reiner tell Damon he is working when they begin exchanging letters while Damon is in Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
(a) An automotive project.
(b) A computer project.
(c) A robotics project.
(d) A forestry project.
13. Where does Reiner insist on sleeping in Damon's apartment when he visits Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
(a) On the balcony.
(b) On the kitchen floor.
(c) On the lawn.
(d) In the bathtub.
14. After how much time does Damon return to a friend's house in Cape Town after parting ways the first time with Reiner in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Two months.
(b) Seven months.
(c) A year and a half.
(d) Three years.
15. Where does Damon see a TV that shows the fighting and bombing of the Gulf War in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Sparta, Greece.
(b) Dublin, Ireland.
(c) Warsaw, Poland.
(d) Berlin, Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Along their hike into the Drakensberg mountains, Reiner bathes each morning in river water or what in Part One: The Follower?
2. By what mode of transportation do Damon and Reiner travel to the Lesotho border in Part One: The Follower?
3. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner tells Damon that a woman where wants to marry him?
4. How does Damon injure himself while hiking when Reiner doesn't help him or bother to wait for him in Part One: The Follower?
5. When Damon finally sees Reiner again after their split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower, Reiner intends to leave the country in a week but is so ill and exhausted he stays how long?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)