|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Reiner and Damon by sending them to a village where they sleep on the mud floor of a hut the night after they take off for the Drakensberg mountains?
(a) A local priest.
(b) A mechanic.
(c) A baker.
(d) A dentist.
2. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but the charge is what?
(a) 125 rand.
(b) 175 rand.
(c) 100 rand.
(d) 70 rand.
3. Along their hike into the Drakensberg mountains, Reiner bathes each morning in river water or what in Part One: The Follower?
(b) Bottled water.
4. The first leg of the trip Damon and Reiner take in South Africa is on a train from Cape Town to where in Part One: The Follower?
5. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman driving what type of vehicle?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A snowmobile.
(d) A van.
6. By what mode of transportation do Damon and Reiner travel to the Lesotho border in Part One: The Follower?
7. What is the judicial capital of South Africa?
(c) Cape Town.
8. What term refers to the condition of being dominant, especially through superior economic or political power?
9. What heavy food does Reiner choose to purchase at the small grocery along his hike with Damon in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Carrots and fish.
(b) Melons and whiskey bottles.
(c) Beer cans and sausages.
(d) Potatoes and canned food.
10. How does Damon injure himself while hiking when Reiner doesn't help him or bother to wait for him in Part One: The Follower?
(a) He burns himself in a fire.
(b) An animal attacks him.
(c) A tree branch hits him in the eye.
(d) He falls on a slick rock.
11. Where does Damon see a TV that shows the fighting and bombing of the Gulf War in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Berlin, Germany.
(b) Dublin, Ireland.
(c) Warsaw, Poland.
(d) Sparta, Greece.
12. Reiner suggests that he and Damon take a hiking trip to a region called what when he visits Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
13. After how much time does Damon return to a friend's house in Cape Town after parting ways the first time with Reiner in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Seven months.
(d) A year and a half.
14. In Part One: The Follower, Damon calls friends where to see if they might have seen Reiner after they split in the wilderness?
(c) Cape Town.
15. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman from where?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town is the abandoned seminary where Reiner and Damon camp after the first part of their trip in Part One: The Follower?
2. What does Reiner share with Damon in Part One: The Follower on their second night together?
3. What refers to a type of knapsack carried by hikers, bicyclists, and other outdoor sportsmen?
4. The Persian Gulf War was a war waged by a U.N.-authorized coalition force led by the United States against what nation?
5. What happens when Reiner and Damon go on a night hike outside the village in which they are staying along their hike in Part One: The Follower?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)