|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One: The Follower, Damon stays in Pretoria for how long?
(a) Two months.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) A few hours.
(d) A couple days.
2. Along the road to Semonkong, Damon and Reiner reach a village and take a room, too exhausted to pitch their tent. How long do they stay?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) A few days.
3. When did the Persian Gulf War end?
4. What happens when Reiner and Damon go on a night hike outside the village in which they are staying along their hike in Part One: The Follower?
(a) They see a bear.
(b) It starts to snow.
(c) A sudden downpour.
(d) An earthquake.
5. What term refers to the condition of being dominant, especially through superior economic or political power?
6. Who is particularly excited about the hike Damon and Reiner plan to take in South Africa and offers to fund it in Part One: The Follower?
7. In the two weeks before they depart for their first hike from Cape Town, Damon begins to notice that Reiner goes everywhere with him and ridicules what?
(a) His friends and neighbors.
(b) His lack of money.
(c) His accent.
(d) His daily mundane tasks.
8. Reiner tells Damon in Part One: The Follower that he has come to Greece to do what?
9. What refers to a type of knapsack carried by hikers, bicyclists, and other outdoor sportsmen?
(b) Fanny pack.
10. What does Reiner tell Damon is his profession in Part One: The Follower?
11. The character of Damon travels perpetually for what reason?
(a) He works in international trade.
(b) He loves mountain-climbing.
(c) He feels driven to find a wife.
(d) He is never happy anywhere.
12. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but the charge is what?
(a) 70 rand.
(b) 100 rand.
(c) 125 rand.
(d) 175 rand.
13. Where does Damon's mother live?
(a) Madrid, Spain.
(b) Queensland, Austrailia.
(c) Marrakesh, Morocco.
(d) Pretoria, South Africa.
14. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner is described as an obsessive person and he studies what for hours without a break before his hike with Damon?
(a) A book.
(b) A coin.
(c) The Lesotho map.
(d) A painting.
15. After camping overnight in a storm in Part One: The Follower, Reiner wants to leave but Damon is looking for what, which was lost in the storm?
(a) Tent pegs.
(b) His glasses.
(c) A compass.
(d) His watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city are Damon and Reiner surprised to find hotels, casinos and crowded streets in Part One: The Follower?
2. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria and is short of money, but the driver agrees to take him when he offers what in addition to the money he has?
3. The first leg of the trip Damon and Reiner take in South Africa is on a train from Cape Town to where in Part One: The Follower?
4. Who helps Reiner and Damon by sending them to a village where they sleep on the mud floor of a hut the night after they take off for the Drakensberg mountains?
5. What is the judicial capital of South Africa?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)