|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Reiner have sexual intercourse with a masseuse in Part One: The Follower?
(a) In one of the rooms.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The front desk.
(d) The hotel sauna.
2. After hiking for how long do Reiner and Damon complete the first part of their trip and camp in an abandoned seminary in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) A week.
(c) Twelve days.
(d) Four days.
3. Where is Damon from?
(a) Cairo, Egypt.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) Ottawa, Canada.
(d) Cape Town, South Africa.
4. One night in Part One: The Follower, Reiner tells Damon that he wants to travel how far the next day to challenge himself?
(a) 80 kilometers.
(b) 20 kilometers.
(c) 60 kilometers.
(d) 40 kilometers.
5. Where does Reiner tell Damon he is working when they begin exchanging letters while Damon is in Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
6. What refers to a type of knapsack carried by hikers, bicyclists, and other outdoor sportsmen?
(c) Fanny pack.
7. Who is particularly excited about the hike Damon and Reiner plan to take in South Africa and offers to fund it in Part One: The Follower?
8. The first leg of the trip Damon and Reiner take in South Africa is on a train from Cape Town to where in Part One: The Follower?
9. When Damon finally sees Reiner again after their split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower, Reiner intends to leave the country in a week but is so ill and exhausted he stays how long?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 5 weeks.
10. In Part One: The Follower, Damon and Reiner visit ruins and Damon tells Reiner what he knows of the legend of grief and what behind them?
11. Along the road to Semonkong, Damon and Reiner reach a village and take a room, too exhausted to pitch their tent. How long do they stay?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) A few days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
12. Damon equates being loved with what in the narrative?
(c) Having power.
13. In the two weeks before they depart for their first hike from Cape Town, Damon begins to notice that Reiner goes everywhere with him and ridicules what?
(a) His friends and neighbors.
(b) His lack of money.
(c) His daily mundane tasks.
(d) His accent.
14. Where does Damon finally re-encounter Reiner after they split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower?
(b) Cape Town.
15. Along what mountain range do Damon and Reiner hike for several days in Part One: The Follower?
(a) The Drakensberg Mountains.
(b) The Rift Mountains.
(c) The Atlas Mountains.
(d) The Maseru Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the character of Reiner from?
2. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but he only has how much money left?
3. In what town is the abandoned seminary where Reiner and Damon camp after the first part of their trip in Part One: The Follower?
4. What heavy food does Reiner choose to purchase at the small grocery along his hike with Damon in Part One: The Follower?
5. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman from where?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)