|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One night in Part One: The Follower, Reiner tells Damon that he wants to travel how far the next day to challenge himself?
(a) 60 kilometers.
(b) 40 kilometers.
(c) 80 kilometers.
(d) 20 kilometers.
2. By what mode of transportation do Damon and Reiner travel to the Lesotho border in Part One: The Follower?
3. The first leg of the trip Damon and Reiner take in South Africa is on a train from Cape Town to where in Part One: The Follower?
4. How does Damon injure himself while hiking when Reiner doesn't help him or bother to wait for him in Part One: The Follower?
(a) He burns himself in a fire.
(b) He falls on a slick rock.
(c) An animal attacks him.
(d) A tree branch hits him in the eye.
5. Reiner suggests that he and Damon take a hiking trip to a region called what when he visits Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
6. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but he only has how much money left?
(a) 30 rand.
(b) 50 rand.
(c) 20 rand.
(d) 10 rand.
7. Where does Damon's mother live?
(a) Queensland, Austrailia.
(b) Madrid, Spain.
(c) Marrakesh, Morocco.
(d) Pretoria, South Africa.
8. Where does Reiner have sexual intercourse with a masseuse in Part One: The Follower?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) In one of the rooms.
(c) The front desk.
(d) The hotel sauna.
9. What heavy food does Reiner choose to purchase at the small grocery along his hike with Damon in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Potatoes and canned food.
(b) Carrots and fish.
(c) Melons and whiskey bottles.
(d) Beer cans and sausages.
10. When Damon finally sees Reiner again after their split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower, Reiner intends to leave the country in a week but is so ill and exhausted he stays how long?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
11. What does Reiner share with Damon in Part One: The Follower on their second night together?
(a) A steak.
(b) A beer.
(c) An apple.
(d) A banana.
12. Damon equates being loved with what in the narrative?
(a) Having power.
13. Damon is in the countryside of what country when he meets Reiner?
14. In what town is the abandoned seminary where Reiner and Damon camp after the first part of their trip in Part One: The Follower?
15. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman from where?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to the condition of being dominant, especially through superior economic or political power?
2. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman who's going where?
3. What is the judicial capital of South Africa?
4. In Part One: The Follower, Damon stays in Pretoria for how long?
5. When Damon and Reiner go to see a beautiful view of the village in which they are staying in Part One: The Follower, Reiner stands there near the mountain edge and a flash goes through Damon's mind of what?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)