|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Persian Gulf War was a war waged by a U.N.-authorized coalition force led by the United States against what nation?
2. Where does Reiner tell Damon he is working when they begin exchanging letters while Damon is in Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
3. When Damon finally sees Reiner again after their split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower, Reiner intends to leave the country in a week but is so ill and exhausted he stays how long?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 5 weeks.
4. What refers to a type of knapsack carried by hikers, bicyclists, and other outdoor sportsmen?
(c) Fanny pack.
5. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman from where?
6. What term refers to the condition of being dominant, especially through superior economic or political power?
7. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but he only has how much money left?
(a) 10 rand.
(b) 20 rand.
(c) 50 rand.
(d) 30 rand.
8. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria and is short of money, but the driver agrees to take him when he offers what in addition to the money he has?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His watch.
(d) His wallet.
9. What does Reiner share with Damon in Part One: The Follower on their second night together?
(a) An apple.
(b) A beer.
(c) A banana.
(d) A steak.
10. Along the road to Semonkong, Damon and Reiner reach a village and take a room, too exhausted to pitch their tent. How long do they stay?
(a) A few days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 1 week.
11. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but the charge is what?
(a) 125 rand.
(b) 175 rand.
(c) 100 rand.
(d) 70 rand.
12. The character of Damon travels perpetually for what reason?
(a) He is never happy anywhere.
(b) He loves mountain-climbing.
(c) He feels driven to find a wife.
(d) He works in international trade.
13. How does Damon injure himself while hiking when Reiner doesn't help him or bother to wait for him in Part One: The Follower?
(a) He falls on a slick rock.
(b) A tree branch hits him in the eye.
(c) He burns himself in a fire.
(d) An animal attacks him.
14. One night in Part One: The Follower, Reiner tells Damon that he wants to travel how far the next day to challenge himself?
(a) 60 kilometers.
(b) 20 kilometers.
(c) 80 kilometers.
(d) 40 kilometers.
15. In Part One: The Follower, Damon and Reiner visit ruins and Damon tells Reiner what he knows of the legend of grief and what behind them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Reiner tells Damon in Part One: The Follower that he has come to Greece to do what?
2. After camping overnight in a storm in Part One: The Follower, Reiner wants to leave but Damon is looking for what, which was lost in the storm?
3. At times along their hike in Part One: The Follower, Reiner insists they do what which makes Damon uneasy?
4. When Damon and Reiner go to see a beautiful view of the village in which they are staying in Part One: The Follower, Reiner stands there near the mountain edge and a flash goes through Damon's mind of what?
5. After how much time does Damon return to a friend's house in Cape Town after parting ways the first time with Reiner in Part One: The Follower?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)