|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After how much time does Damon return to a friend's house in Cape Town after parting ways the first time with Reiner in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Seven months.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three years.
2. By what mode of transportation do Damon and Reiner travel to the Lesotho border in Part One: The Follower?
3. What term refers to the condition of being dominant, especially through superior economic or political power?
4. Who is particularly excited about the hike Damon and Reiner plan to take in South Africa and offers to fund it in Part One: The Follower?
5. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but the charge is what?
(a) 70 rand.
(b) 100 rand.
(c) 175 rand.
(d) 125 rand.
6. When Damon and Reiner go to see a beautiful view of the village in which they are staying in Part One: The Follower, Reiner stands there near the mountain edge and a flash goes through Damon's mind of what?
(a) An eagle flying by.
(b) Pushing Reiner off.
(c) Hitting Reiner in the head with a rock.
(d) An avalanche sweeping both of them away.
7. What does Reiner hand Damon when he storms off from their hike in Part One: The Follower?
(a) A book.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A fifty rand note.
(d) A photograph.
8. In Part One: The Follower, Damon and Reiner visit ruins and Damon tells Reiner what he knows of the legend of grief and what behind them?
9. Reiner tells Damon in Part One: The Follower that he has come to Greece to do what?
10. Where does Damon finally re-encounter Reiner after they split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Cape Town.
11. After camping overnight in a storm in Part One: The Follower, Reiner wants to leave but Damon is looking for what, which was lost in the storm?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His watch.
(c) A compass.
(d) Tent pegs.
12. In the two weeks before they depart for their first hike from Cape Town, Damon begins to notice that Reiner goes everywhere with him and ridicules what?
(a) His accent.
(b) His lack of money.
(c) His daily mundane tasks.
(d) His friends and neighbors.
13. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner is described as an obsessive person and he studies what for hours without a break before his hike with Damon?
(a) A painting.
(b) The Lesotho map.
(c) A book.
(d) A coin.
14. What happens when Reiner and Damon go on a night hike outside the village in which they are staying along their hike in Part One: The Follower?
(a) A sudden downpour.
(b) They see a bear.
(c) It starts to snow.
(d) An earthquake.
15. The Persian Gulf War was a war waged by a U.N.-authorized coalition force led by the United States against what nation?
Short Answer Questions
1. At times along their hike in Part One: The Follower, Reiner insists they do what which makes Damon uneasy?
2. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner tells Damon that a woman where wants to marry him?
3. Where is Damon from?
4. Where is the character of Reiner from?
5. Damon is in the countryside of what country when he meets Reiner?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)