|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After camping overnight in a storm in Part One: The Follower, Reiner wants to leave but Damon is looking for what, which was lost in the storm?
(a) A compass.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His watch.
(d) Tent pegs.
2. What does Reiner hand Damon when he storms off from their hike in Part One: The Follower?
(a) A book.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A fifty rand note.
(d) A gold coin.
3. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner is described as an obsessive person and he studies what for hours without a break before his hike with Damon?
(a) A book.
(b) The Lesotho map.
(c) A painting.
(d) A coin.
4. In the two weeks before they depart for their first hike from Cape Town, Damon begins to notice that Reiner goes everywhere with him and ridicules what?
(a) His friends and neighbors.
(b) His daily mundane tasks.
(c) His lack of money.
(d) His accent.
5. Where is Damon from?
(a) Cape Town, South Africa.
(b) Cairo, Egypt.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) Ottawa, Canada.
6. Along their hike into the Drakensberg mountains, Reiner bathes each morning in river water or what in Part One: The Follower?
(c) Bottled water.
7. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman who's going where?
(b) Cape Town.
8. What heavy food does Reiner choose to purchase at the small grocery along his hike with Damon in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Potatoes and canned food.
(b) Melons and whiskey bottles.
(c) Beer cans and sausages.
(d) Carrots and fish.
9. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria and is short of money, but the driver agrees to take him when he offers what in addition to the money he has?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His watch.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His wallet.
10. What happens when Reiner and Damon go on a night hike outside the village in which they are staying along their hike in Part One: The Follower?
(a) It starts to snow.
(b) A sudden downpour.
(c) They see a bear.
(d) An earthquake.
11. Along the road to Semonkong, Damon and Reiner reach a village and take a room, too exhausted to pitch their tent. How long do they stay?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) 1 week.
12. When Damon finally sees Reiner again after their split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower, Reiner intends to leave the country in a week but is so ill and exhausted he stays how long?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
13. In Part One: The Follower, Damon and Reiner disagree about their travel methods, with Reiner wanting to continue their pattern of doing what?
(a) Taking cab rides through the steeper terrain.
(b) Big walks followed by days of rest.
(c) Starting late and walking until dark.
(d) Short walks with several rest stops each day.
14. When Damon and Reiner go to see a beautiful view of the village in which they are staying in Part One: The Follower, Reiner stands there near the mountain edge and a flash goes through Damon's mind of what?
(a) An avalanche sweeping both of them away.
(b) Hitting Reiner in the head with a rock.
(c) An eagle flying by.
(d) Pushing Reiner off.
15. How does Damon injure himself while hiking when Reiner doesn't help him or bother to wait for him in Part One: The Follower?
(a) He burns himself in a fire.
(b) A tree branch hits him in the eye.
(c) An animal attacks him.
(d) He falls on a slick rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Reiner and Damon by sending them to a village where they sleep on the mud floor of a hut the night after they take off for the Drakensberg mountains?
2. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman from where?
3. Where does Reiner tell Damon he is working when they begin exchanging letters while Damon is in Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
4. What does Reiner do when Damon insists they stay and look for part of their camping supplies after a storm in Part One: The Follower?
5. What does Reiner share with Damon in Part One: The Follower on their second night together?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)