|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Reiner tell Damon he is working when they begin exchanging letters while Damon is in Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
2. When Damon and Reiner go to see a beautiful view of the village in which they are staying in Part One: The Follower, Reiner stands there near the mountain edge and a flash goes through Damon's mind of what?
(a) Pushing Reiner off.
(b) An eagle flying by.
(c) Hitting Reiner in the head with a rock.
(d) An avalanche sweeping both of them away.
3. What does Reiner share with Damon in Part One: The Follower on their second night together?
(a) A beer.
(b) An apple.
(c) A banana.
(d) A steak.
4. In Part One: The Follower, Damon stays in Pretoria for how long?
(a) A couple days.
(b) A few hours.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) Two months.
5. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner tells Damon that a woman where wants to marry him?
6. After hiking for how long do Reiner and Damon complete the first part of their trip and camp in an abandoned seminary in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) A week.
7. In the two weeks before they depart for their first hike from Cape Town, Damon begins to notice that Reiner goes everywhere with him and ridicules what?
(a) His lack of money.
(b) His accent.
(c) His daily mundane tasks.
(d) His friends and neighbors.
8. Who is particularly excited about the hike Damon and Reiner plan to take in South Africa and offers to fund it in Part One: The Follower?
9. Along the road to Semonkong, Damon and Reiner reach a village and take a room, too exhausted to pitch their tent. How long do they stay?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) A few days.
10. The Persian Gulf War was a war waged by a U.N.-authorized coalition force led by the United States against what nation?
11. When did the Persian Gulf War end?
12. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner is described as an obsessive person and he studies what for hours without a break before his hike with Damon?
(a) A book.
(b) A coin.
(c) The Lesotho map.
(d) A painting.
13. Where do Damon and Reiner sleep when they can't find a place to pitch a tent on their first night hiking the foothills in Part One: The Follower?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In a cave.
(d) On the ground by a stream.
14. Reiner tells Damon in Part One: The Follower that he has come to Greece to do what?
15. What is the judicial capital of South Africa?
(b) Cape Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reiner hand Damon when he storms off from their hike in Part One: The Follower?
2. The first leg of the trip Damon and Reiner take in South Africa is on a train from Cape Town to where in Part One: The Follower?
3. Along their hike into the Drakensberg mountains, Reiner bathes each morning in river water or what in Part One: The Follower?
4. By what mode of transportation do Damon and Reiner travel to the Lesotho border in Part One: The Follower?
5. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman driving what type of vehicle?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)