|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Damon see a TV that shows the fighting and bombing of the Gulf War in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Warsaw, Poland.
(b) Dublin, Ireland.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) Sparta, Greece.
2. What does Reiner share with Damon in Part One: The Follower on their second night together?
(a) An apple.
(b) A beer.
(c) A banana.
(d) A steak.
3. After camping overnight in a storm in Part One: The Follower, Reiner wants to leave but Damon is looking for what, which was lost in the storm?
(a) His watch.
(b) Tent pegs.
(c) His glasses.
(d) A compass.
4. What does Reiner tell Damon is his profession in Part One: The Follower?
5. When did the Persian Gulf War end?
6. When Damon and Reiner go to see a beautiful view of the village in which they are staying in Part One: The Follower, Reiner stands there near the mountain edge and a flash goes through Damon's mind of what?
(a) Hitting Reiner in the head with a rock.
(b) Pushing Reiner off.
(c) An eagle flying by.
(d) An avalanche sweeping both of them away.
7. Where is Damon from?
(a) Ottawa, Canada.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) Cape Town, South Africa.
(d) Cairo, Egypt.
8. Where do Damon and Reiner sleep when they can't find a place to pitch a tent on their first night hiking the foothills in Part One: The Follower?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) In a tree.
(c) On the ground by a stream.
(d) In a cave.
9. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner tells Damon that a woman where wants to marry him?
10. Where does Reiner have sexual intercourse with a masseuse in Part One: The Follower?
(a) The hotel sauna.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The front desk.
(d) In one of the rooms.
11. What refers to a type of knapsack carried by hikers, bicyclists, and other outdoor sportsmen?
(a) Fanny pack.
12. Reiner suggests that he and Damon take a hiking trip to a region called what when he visits Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
13. The Persian Gulf War was a war waged by a U.N.-authorized coalition force led by the United States against what nation?
14. What is the legislative capital of South Africa?
(a) Cape Town.
15. To where did the traveler miss a train in Part One: The Follower, leading him to stay in a stranger's hostel room?
(a) Quito, Ecuador.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Athens, Greece.
(d) Sydney, Australia.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Damon finally sees Reiner again after their split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower, Reiner intends to leave the country in a week but is so ill and exhausted he stays how long?
2. On the second day of their trip into the Drakensberg mountains, Damon and Reiner plan to undertake their longest walk to a settlement named what in Part One: The Follower?
3. In what town is the abandoned seminary where Reiner and Damon camp after the first part of their trip in Part One: The Follower?
4. How does Damon injure himself while hiking when Reiner doesn't help him or bother to wait for him in Part One: The Follower?
5. When did the Persian Gulf War begin?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)