|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Reiner and Damon by sending them to a village where they sleep on the mud floor of a hut the night after they take off for the Drakensberg mountains?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A local priest.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A baker.
2. What happens when Reiner and Damon go on a night hike outside the village in which they are staying along their hike in Part One: The Follower?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) It starts to snow.
(c) A sudden downpour.
(d) They see a bear.
3. To where did the traveler miss a train in Part One: The Follower, leading him to stay in a stranger's hostel room?
(a) Sydney, Australia.
(b) Athens, Greece.
(c) Quito, Ecuador.
(d) Rome, Italy.
4. In Part One: The Follower, Damon calls friends where to see if they might have seen Reiner after they split in the wilderness?
(c) Cape Town.
5. Reiner tells Damon in Part One: The Follower that he has come to Greece to do what?
6. One night in Part One: The Follower, Reiner tells Damon that he wants to travel how far the next day to challenge himself?
(a) 40 kilometers.
(b) 60 kilometers.
(c) 20 kilometers.
(d) 80 kilometers.
7. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman who's going where?
(d) Cape Town.
8. The first leg of the trip Damon and Reiner take in South Africa is on a train from Cape Town to where in Part One: The Follower?
9. On the second day of their trip into the Drakensberg mountains, Damon and Reiner plan to undertake their longest walk to a settlement named what in Part One: The Follower?
10. The Persian Gulf War was a war waged by a U.N.-authorized coalition force led by the United States against what nation?
11. Where is the character of Reiner from?
12. When Damon and Reiner go to see a beautiful view of the village in which they are staying in Part One: The Follower, Reiner stands there near the mountain edge and a flash goes through Damon's mind of what?
(a) Hitting Reiner in the head with a rock.
(b) An avalanche sweeping both of them away.
(c) An eagle flying by.
(d) Pushing Reiner off.
13. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman driving what type of vehicle?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A van.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A snowmobile.
14. In the two weeks before they depart for their first hike from Cape Town, Damon begins to notice that Reiner goes everywhere with him and ridicules what?
(a) His accent.
(b) His friends and neighbors.
(c) His daily mundane tasks.
(d) His lack of money.
15. What does Reiner tell Damon is his profession in Part One: The Follower?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what mode of transportation do Damon and Reiner travel to the Lesotho border in Part One: The Follower?
2. What heavy food does Reiner choose to purchase at the small grocery along his hike with Damon in Part One: The Follower?
3. Damon is in the countryside of what country when he meets Reiner?
4. In Part One: The Follower, Damon stays in Pretoria for how long?
5. On what kind of project does Reiner tell Damon he is working when they begin exchanging letters while Damon is in Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)