|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One: The Follower, Damon stays in Pretoria for how long?
(a) Two months.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) A few hours.
(d) A couple days.
2. In Part One: The Follower, Damon and Reiner disagree about their travel methods, with Reiner wanting to continue their pattern of doing what?
(a) Starting late and walking until dark.
(b) Big walks followed by days of rest.
(c) Short walks with several rest stops each day.
(d) Taking cab rides through the steeper terrain.
3. When Damon and Reiner go to see a beautiful view of the village in which they are staying in Part One: The Follower, Reiner stands there near the mountain edge and a flash goes through Damon's mind of what?
(a) Hitting Reiner in the head with a rock.
(b) Pushing Reiner off.
(c) An avalanche sweeping both of them away.
(d) An eagle flying by.
4. Where is Damon from?
(a) Berlin, Germany.
(b) Cairo, Egypt.
(c) Cape Town, South Africa.
(d) Ottawa, Canada.
5. To where did the traveler miss a train in Part One: The Follower, leading him to stay in a stranger's hostel room?
(a) Quito, Ecuador.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Sydney, Australia.
(d) Athens, Greece.
6. How does Damon injure himself while hiking when Reiner doesn't help him or bother to wait for him in Part One: The Follower?
(a) He burns himself in a fire.
(b) He falls on a slick rock.
(c) An animal attacks him.
(d) A tree branch hits him in the eye.
7. Along the road to Semonkong, Damon and Reiner reach a village and take a room, too exhausted to pitch their tent. How long do they stay?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) A few days.
8. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner tells Damon that a woman where wants to marry him?
9. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner is described as an obsessive person and he studies what for hours without a break before his hike with Damon?
(a) A book.
(b) A painting.
(c) A coin.
(d) The Lesotho map.
10. Where does Reiner have sexual intercourse with a masseuse in Part One: The Follower?
(a) In one of the rooms.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The front desk.
(d) The hotel sauna.
11. Where do Damon and Reiner sleep when they can't find a place to pitch a tent on their first night hiking the foothills in Part One: The Follower?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In a cave.
(c) On the ground by a stream.
(d) In a hotel.
12. What does Reiner do when Damon insists they stay and look for part of their camping supplies after a storm in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Starts to look for the pegs.
(b) Takes his pack and leaves.
(c) Cooks breakfast.
(d) Yells at him.
13. Along what mountain range do Damon and Reiner hike for several days in Part One: The Follower?
(a) The Maseru Mountains.
(b) The Rift Mountains.
(c) The Atlas Mountains.
(d) The Drakensberg Mountains.
14. After how much time does Damon return to a friend's house in Cape Town after parting ways the first time with Reiner in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Two months.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) Three years.
(d) Seven months.
15. On what kind of project does Reiner tell Damon he is working when they begin exchanging letters while Damon is in Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
(a) A forestry project.
(b) A computer project.
(c) A robotics project.
(d) An automotive project.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first leg of the trip Damon and Reiner take in South Africa is on a train from Cape Town to where in Part One: The Follower?
2. In what city are Damon and Reiner surprised to find hotels, casinos and crowded streets in Part One: The Follower?
3. What happens when Reiner and Damon go on a night hike outside the village in which they are staying along their hike in Part One: The Follower?
4. Damon equates being loved with what in the narrative?
5. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman from where?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)