|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One: The Follower, Damon and Reiner visit ruins and Damon tells Reiner what he knows of the legend of grief and what behind them?
2. After camping overnight in a storm in Part One: The Follower, Reiner wants to leave but Damon is looking for what, which was lost in the storm?
(a) Tent pegs.
(b) His glasses.
(c) A compass.
(d) His watch.
3. Who is particularly excited about the hike Damon and Reiner plan to take in South Africa and offers to fund it in Part One: The Follower?
4. What does Reiner share with Damon in Part One: The Follower on their second night together?
(a) A beer.
(b) A banana.
(c) A steak.
(d) An apple.
5. When did the Persian Gulf War begin?
6. Where is Damon from?
(a) Berlin, Germany.
(b) Cairo, Egypt.
(c) Cape Town, South Africa.
(d) Ottawa, Canada.
7. How does Damon injure himself while hiking when Reiner doesn't help him or bother to wait for him in Part One: The Follower?
(a) A tree branch hits him in the eye.
(b) He burns himself in a fire.
(c) An animal attacks him.
(d) He falls on a slick rock.
8. Along their hike into the Drakensberg mountains, Reiner bathes each morning in river water or what in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Bottled water.
9. The Persian Gulf War was a war waged by a U.N.-authorized coalition force led by the United States against what nation?
10. What is the judicial capital of South Africa?
(b) Cape Town.
11. After hiking for how long do Reiner and Damon complete the first part of their trip and camp in an abandoned seminary in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) A week.
12. What happens when Reiner and Damon go on a night hike outside the village in which they are staying along their hike in Part One: The Follower?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) It starts to snow.
(c) They see a bear.
(d) A sudden downpour.
13. To where did the traveler miss a train in Part One: The Follower, leading him to stay in a stranger's hostel room?
(a) Sydney, Australia.
(b) Quito, Ecuador.
(c) Rome, Italy.
(d) Athens, Greece.
14. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but the charge is what?
(a) 70 rand.
(b) 100 rand.
(c) 175 rand.
(d) 125 rand.
15. What does Reiner tell Damon is his profession in Part One: The Follower?
Short Answer Questions
1. The character of Damon travels perpetually for what reason?
2. Where do Damon and Reiner sleep when they can't find a place to pitch a tent on their first night hiking the foothills in Part One: The Follower?
3. Along the road to Semonkong, Damon and Reiner reach a village and take a room, too exhausted to pitch their tent. How long do they stay?
4. Where does Damon finally re-encounter Reiner after they split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower?
5. Where is the character of Reiner from?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)