|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What heavy food does Reiner choose to purchase at the small grocery along his hike with Damon in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Carrots and fish.
(b) Melons and whiskey bottles.
(c) Beer cans and sausages.
(d) Potatoes and canned food.
2. Where does Damon's mother live?
(a) Pretoria, South Africa.
(b) Queensland, Austrailia.
(c) Marrakesh, Morocco.
(d) Madrid, Spain.
3. Along their hike into the Drakensberg mountains, Reiner bathes each morning in river water or what in Part One: The Follower?
(c) Bottled water.
4. The character of Damon travels perpetually for what reason?
(a) He works in international trade.
(b) He is never happy anywhere.
(c) He feels driven to find a wife.
(d) He loves mountain-climbing.
5. Who is particularly excited about the hike Damon and Reiner plan to take in South Africa and offers to fund it in Part One: The Follower?
6. What does Reiner tell Damon is his profession in Part One: The Follower?
7. Where is the character of Reiner from?
8. Where does Reiner have sexual intercourse with a masseuse in Part One: The Follower?
(a) In one of the rooms.
(b) The front desk.
(c) The hotel sauna.
(d) The kitchen.
9. What term refers to the condition of being dominant, especially through superior economic or political power?
10. Where is Damon from?
(a) Berlin, Germany.
(b) Cape Town, South Africa.
(c) Ottawa, Canada.
(d) Cairo, Egypt.
11. After hiking for how long do Reiner and Damon complete the first part of their trip and camp in an abandoned seminary in Part One: The Follower?
(a) A week.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Four days.
12. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman from where?
13. What is the judicial capital of South Africa?
(d) Cape Town.
14. Damon equates being loved with what in the narrative?
(b) Having power.
15. In the two weeks before they depart for their first hike from Cape Town, Damon begins to notice that Reiner goes everywhere with him and ridicules what?
(a) His daily mundane tasks.
(b) His lack of money.
(c) His friends and neighbors.
(d) His accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. After camping overnight in a storm in Part One: The Follower, Reiner wants to leave but Damon is looking for what, which was lost in the storm?
2. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner is described as an obsessive person and he studies what for hours without a break before his hike with Damon?
3. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but he only has how much money left?
4. Along what mountain range do Damon and Reiner hike for several days in Part One: The Follower?
5. Where does Damon finally re-encounter Reiner after they split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)