|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is particularly excited about the hike Damon and Reiner plan to take in South Africa and offers to fund it in Part One: The Follower?
2. After hiking for how long do Reiner and Damon complete the first part of their trip and camp in an abandoned seminary in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) A week.
(d) Four days.
3. Where is Damon from?
(a) Cape Town, South Africa.
(b) Cairo, Egypt.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) Ottawa, Canada.
4. Who helps Reiner and Damon by sending them to a village where they sleep on the mud floor of a hut the night after they take off for the Drakensberg mountains?
(a) A baker.
(b) A mechanic.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A local priest.
5. When did the Persian Gulf War end?
6. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but the charge is what?
(a) 125 rand.
(b) 175 rand.
(c) 100 rand.
(d) 70 rand.
7. When Damon finally sees Reiner again after their split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower, Reiner intends to leave the country in a week but is so ill and exhausted he stays how long?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 5 weeks.
8. Along what mountain range do Damon and Reiner hike for several days in Part One: The Follower?
(a) The Rift Mountains.
(b) The Maseru Mountains.
(c) The Drakensberg Mountains.
(d) The Atlas Mountains.
9. Where does Damon see a TV that shows the fighting and bombing of the Gulf War in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Warsaw, Poland.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) Dublin, Ireland.
(d) Sparta, Greece.
10. Where does Reiner have sexual intercourse with a masseuse in Part One: The Follower?
(a) The hotel sauna.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The front desk.
(d) In one of the rooms.
11. Damon is in the countryside of what country when he meets Reiner?
12. In Part One: The Follower, Damon calls friends where to see if they might have seen Reiner after they split in the wilderness?
(a) Cape Town.
13. What does Reiner tell Damon is his profession in Part One: The Follower?
14. In Part One: The Follower, Damon stays in Pretoria for how long?
(a) A couple days.
(b) A few hours.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) Two months.
15. Reiner suggests that he and Damon take a hiking trip to a region called what when he visits Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to the condition of being dominant, especially through superior economic or political power?
2. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but he only has how much money left?
3. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner tells Damon that a woman where wants to marry him?
4. Where does Reiner tell Damon he is working when they begin exchanging letters while Damon is in Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
5. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria and is short of money, but the driver agrees to take him when he offers what in addition to the money he has?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)