|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Reiner insist on sleeping in Damon's apartment when he visits Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
(a) In the bathtub.
(b) On the kitchen floor.
(c) On the balcony.
(d) On the lawn.
2. Where does Reiner have sexual intercourse with a masseuse in Part One: The Follower?
(a) In one of the rooms.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The hotel sauna.
(d) The front desk.
3. Who helps Reiner and Damon by sending them to a village where they sleep on the mud floor of a hut the night after they take off for the Drakensberg mountains?
(a) A baker.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A local priest.
(d) A mechanic.
4. Damon is in the countryside of what country when he meets Reiner?
5. What is the judicial capital of South Africa?
(c) Cape Town.
6. Along what mountain range do Damon and Reiner hike for several days in Part One: The Follower?
(a) The Maseru Mountains.
(b) The Rift Mountains.
(c) The Atlas Mountains.
(d) The Drakensberg Mountains.
7. Where does Damon see a TV that shows the fighting and bombing of the Gulf War in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Berlin, Germany.
(b) Sparta, Greece.
(c) Dublin, Ireland.
(d) Warsaw, Poland.
8. The Persian Gulf War was a war waged by a U.N.-authorized coalition force led by the United States against what nation?
9. The first leg of the trip Damon and Reiner take in South Africa is on a train from Cape Town to where in Part One: The Follower?
10. Where do Damon and Reiner sleep when they can't find a place to pitch a tent on their first night hiking the foothills in Part One: The Follower?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) On the ground by a stream.
11. What does Reiner hand Damon when he storms off from their hike in Part One: The Follower?
(a) A book.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A fifty rand note.
(d) A photograph.
12. Where is the character of Reiner from?
13. To where did the traveler miss a train in Part One: The Follower, leading him to stay in a stranger's hostel room?
(a) Rome, Italy.
(b) Sydney, Australia.
(c) Athens, Greece.
(d) Quito, Ecuador.
14. When Damon finally sees Reiner again after their split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower, Reiner intends to leave the country in a week but is so ill and exhausted he stays how long?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 5 weeks.
15. What term refers to the condition of being dominant, especially through superior economic or political power?
Short Answer Questions
1. After how much time does Damon return to a friend's house in Cape Town after parting ways the first time with Reiner in Part One: The Follower?
2. What does Reiner share with Damon in Part One: The Follower on their second night together?
3. What does Reiner do when Damon insists they stay and look for part of their camping supplies after a storm in Part One: The Follower?
4. In Part One: The Follower, Damon and Reiner visit ruins and Damon tells Reiner what he knows of the legend of grief and what behind them?
5. What heavy food does Reiner choose to purchase at the small grocery along his hike with Damon in Part One: The Follower?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)