|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city are Damon and Reiner surprised to find hotels, casinos and crowded streets in Part One: The Follower?
2. By what mode of transportation do Damon and Reiner travel to the Lesotho border in Part One: The Follower?
3. What does Reiner do when Damon insists they stay and look for part of their camping supplies after a storm in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Cooks breakfast.
(c) Starts to look for the pegs.
(d) Takes his pack and leaves.
4. Where is Damon from?
(a) Cairo, Egypt.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) Ottawa, Canada.
(d) Cape Town, South Africa.
5. Damon is in the countryside of what country when he meets Reiner?
6. What term refers to the condition of being dominant, especially through superior economic or political power?
7. Where does Reiner tell Damon he is working when they begin exchanging letters while Damon is in Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
8. Where does Damon see a TV that shows the fighting and bombing of the Gulf War in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Dublin, Ireland.
(b) Warsaw, Poland.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) Sparta, Greece.
9. Who is particularly excited about the hike Damon and Reiner plan to take in South Africa and offers to fund it in Part One: The Follower?
10. One night in Part One: The Follower, Reiner tells Damon that he wants to travel how far the next day to challenge himself?
(a) 20 kilometers.
(b) 60 kilometers.
(c) 40 kilometers.
(d) 80 kilometers.
11. In the two weeks before they depart for their first hike from Cape Town, Damon begins to notice that Reiner goes everywhere with him and ridicules what?
(a) His accent.
(b) His friends and neighbors.
(c) His daily mundane tasks.
(d) His lack of money.
12. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but the charge is what?
(a) 100 rand.
(b) 175 rand.
(c) 70 rand.
(d) 125 rand.
13. What is the judicial capital of South Africa?
(c) Cape Town.
14. Along what mountain range do Damon and Reiner hike for several days in Part One: The Follower?
(a) The Drakensberg Mountains.
(b) The Rift Mountains.
(c) The Maseru Mountains.
(d) The Atlas Mountains.
15. Where does Reiner insist on sleeping in Damon's apartment when he visits Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
(a) On the balcony.
(b) On the lawn.
(c) On the kitchen floor.
(d) In the bathtub.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Persian Gulf War begin?
2. What does Reiner tell Damon is his profession in Part One: The Follower?
3. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman from where?
4. Where do Damon and Reiner sleep when they can't find a place to pitch a tent on their first night hiking the foothills in Part One: The Follower?
5. After camping overnight in a storm in Part One: The Follower, Reiner wants to leave but Damon is looking for what, which was lost in the storm?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)