|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One: The Follower, Damon and Reiner visit ruins and Damon tells Reiner what he knows of the legend of grief and what behind them?
2. Along their hike into the Drakensberg mountains, Reiner bathes each morning in river water or what in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Bottled water.
3. The character of Damon travels perpetually for what reason?
(a) He loves mountain-climbing.
(b) He is never happy anywhere.
(c) He works in international trade.
(d) He feels driven to find a wife.
4. When Damon and Reiner go to see a beautiful view of the village in which they are staying in Part One: The Follower, Reiner stands there near the mountain edge and a flash goes through Damon's mind of what?
(a) An eagle flying by.
(b) Pushing Reiner off.
(c) An avalanche sweeping both of them away.
(d) Hitting Reiner in the head with a rock.
5. Where does Damon finally re-encounter Reiner after they split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower?
(b) Cape Town.
6. By what mode of transportation do Damon and Reiner travel to the Lesotho border in Part One: The Follower?
7. Along what mountain range do Damon and Reiner hike for several days in Part One: The Follower?
(a) The Rift Mountains.
(b) The Drakensberg Mountains.
(c) The Maseru Mountains.
(d) The Atlas Mountains.
8. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria and is short of money, but the driver agrees to take him when he offers what in addition to the money he has?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His watch.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His glasses.
9. What does Reiner hand Damon when he storms off from their hike in Part One: The Follower?
(a) A book.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A fifty rand note.
10. After hiking for how long do Reiner and Damon complete the first part of their trip and camp in an abandoned seminary in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) A week.
(d) Four days.
11. On the second day of their trip into the Drakensberg mountains, Damon and Reiner plan to undertake their longest walk to a settlement named what in Part One: The Follower?
12. Where do Damon and Reiner sleep when they can't find a place to pitch a tent on their first night hiking the foothills in Part One: The Follower?
(a) In a cave.
(b) On the ground by a stream.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In a hotel.
13. Who is particularly excited about the hike Damon and Reiner plan to take in South Africa and offers to fund it in Part One: The Follower?
14. To where did the traveler miss a train in Part One: The Follower, leading him to stay in a stranger's hostel room?
(a) Sydney, Australia.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Athens, Greece.
(d) Quito, Ecuador.
15. After camping overnight in a storm in Part One: The Follower, Reiner wants to leave but Damon is looking for what, which was lost in the storm?
(a) His glasses.
(b) A compass.
(c) Tent pegs.
(d) His watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman driving what type of vehicle?
2. What does Reiner do when Damon insists they stay and look for part of their camping supplies after a storm in Part One: The Follower?
3. What term refers to the condition of being dominant, especially through superior economic or political power?
4. On what kind of project does Reiner tell Damon he is working when they begin exchanging letters while Damon is in Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
5. Damon is in the countryside of what country when he meets Reiner?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)