|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term refers to the condition of being dominant, especially through superior economic or political power?
2. In what town is the abandoned seminary where Reiner and Damon camp after the first part of their trip in Part One: The Follower?
3. Where does Reiner have sexual intercourse with a masseuse in Part One: The Follower?
(a) In one of the rooms.
(b) The front desk.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The hotel sauna.
4. Damon is in the countryside of what country when he meets Reiner?
5. Along what mountain range do Damon and Reiner hike for several days in Part One: The Follower?
(a) The Drakensberg Mountains.
(b) The Rift Mountains.
(c) The Maseru Mountains.
(d) The Atlas Mountains.
6. What heavy food does Reiner choose to purchase at the small grocery along his hike with Damon in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Beer cans and sausages.
(b) Potatoes and canned food.
(c) Melons and whiskey bottles.
(d) Carrots and fish.
7. Reiner suggests that he and Damon take a hiking trip to a region called what when he visits Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
8. Along the road to Semonkong, Damon and Reiner reach a village and take a room, too exhausted to pitch their tent. How long do they stay?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) A few days.
(d) 2 weeks.
9. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but he only has how much money left?
(a) 10 rand.
(b) 50 rand.
(c) 30 rand.
(d) 20 rand.
10. What is the judicial capital of South Africa?
(b) Cape Town.
11. Where do Damon and Reiner sleep when they can't find a place to pitch a tent on their first night hiking the foothills in Part One: The Follower?
(a) In a cave.
(b) On the ground by a stream.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In a tree.
12. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but the charge is what?
(a) 125 rand.
(b) 175 rand.
(c) 70 rand.
(d) 100 rand.
13. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria and is short of money, but the driver agrees to take him when he offers what in addition to the money he has?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His watch.
(d) His glasses.
14. Where does Damon finally re-encounter Reiner after they split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower?
(b) Cape Town.
15. When did the Persian Gulf War end?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One: The Follower, Damon and Reiner visit ruins and Damon tells Reiner what he knows of the legend of grief and what behind them?
2. On what kind of project does Reiner tell Damon he is working when they begin exchanging letters while Damon is in Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
3. Along their hike into the Drakensberg mountains, Reiner bathes each morning in river water or what in Part One: The Follower?
4. To where did the traveler miss a train in Part One: The Follower, leading him to stay in a stranger's hostel room?
5. Where is the character of Reiner from?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)