|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but he only has how much money left?
(a) 50 rand.
(b) 20 rand.
(c) 10 rand.
(d) 30 rand.
2. In Part One: The Follower, Damon calls friends where to see if they might have seen Reiner after they split in the wilderness?
(b) Cape Town.
3. The character of Damon travels perpetually for what reason?
(a) He is never happy anywhere.
(b) He feels driven to find a wife.
(c) He works in international trade.
(d) He loves mountain-climbing.
4. After camping overnight in a storm in Part One: The Follower, Reiner wants to leave but Damon is looking for what, which was lost in the storm?
(a) His watch.
(b) A compass.
(c) Tent pegs.
(d) His glasses.
5. What refers to a type of knapsack carried by hikers, bicyclists, and other outdoor sportsmen?
(c) Fanny pack.
6. In Part One: The Follower, Damon stays in Pretoria for how long?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) A few hours.
(c) Two months.
(d) A couple days.
7. Where does Damon's mother live?
(a) Queensland, Austrailia.
(b) Marrakesh, Morocco.
(c) Madrid, Spain.
(d) Pretoria, South Africa.
8. At times along their hike in Part One: The Follower, Reiner insists they do what which makes Damon uneasy?
(a) Swim across a lake.
(b) Ski down a mountain.
(c) Take shortcuts.
(d) Hike over a ridge.
9. In the two weeks before they depart for their first hike from Cape Town, Damon begins to notice that Reiner goes everywhere with him and ridicules what?
(a) His lack of money.
(b) His friends and neighbors.
(c) His daily mundane tasks.
(d) His accent.
10. What is the legislative capital of South Africa?
(d) Cape Town.
11. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman driving what type of vehicle?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A snowmobile.
(c) A van.
(d) A motorcycle.
12. Where do Damon and Reiner sleep when they can't find a place to pitch a tent on their first night hiking the foothills in Part One: The Follower?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) On the ground by a stream.
(d) In a cave.
13. What does Reiner do when Damon insists they stay and look for part of their camping supplies after a storm in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Cooks breakfast.
(c) Takes his pack and leaves.
(d) Starts to look for the pegs.
14. Reiner tells Damon in Part One: The Follower that he has come to Greece to do what?
15. To where did the traveler miss a train in Part One: The Follower, leading him to stay in a stranger's hostel room?
(a) Athens, Greece.
(b) Quito, Ecuador.
(c) Sydney, Australia.
(d) Rome, Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One: The Follower, Damon asks a driver to take him to Pretoria but the charge is what?
2. When did the Persian Gulf War begin?
3. Along what mountain range do Damon and Reiner hike for several days in Part One: The Follower?
4. Damon is in the countryside of what country when he meets Reiner?
5. What does Reiner tell Damon is his profession in Part One: The Follower?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)