|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the two weeks before they depart for their first hike from Cape Town, Damon begins to notice that Reiner goes everywhere with him and ridicules what?
(a) His friends and neighbors.
(b) His daily mundane tasks.
(c) His lack of money.
(d) His accent.
2. Where is the character of Reiner from?
3. What does Reiner hand Damon when he storms off from their hike in Part One: The Follower?
(a) A gold coin.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A book.
(d) A fifty rand note.
4. Where does Damon finally re-encounter Reiner after they split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower?
(d) Cape Town.
5. When did the Persian Gulf War end?
6. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman driving what type of vehicle?
(a) A snowmobile.
(b) A van.
(c) A tractor.
(d) A motorcycle.
7. Who is particularly excited about the hike Damon and Reiner plan to take in South Africa and offers to fund it in Part One: The Follower?
8. When Damon and Reiner go to see a beautiful view of the village in which they are staying in Part One: The Follower, Reiner stands there near the mountain edge and a flash goes through Damon's mind of what?
(a) An avalanche sweeping both of them away.
(b) Pushing Reiner off.
(c) An eagle flying by.
(d) Hitting Reiner in the head with a rock.
9. By what mode of transportation do Damon and Reiner travel to the Lesotho border in Part One: The Follower?
10. On what kind of project does Reiner tell Damon he is working when they begin exchanging letters while Damon is in Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
(a) An automotive project.
(b) A forestry project.
(c) A robotics project.
(d) A computer project.
11. What does Reiner tell Damon is his profession in Part One: The Follower?
12. What does Reiner share with Damon in Part One: The Follower on their second night together?
(a) A beer.
(b) An apple.
(c) A banana.
(d) A steak.
13. At times along their hike in Part One: The Follower, Reiner insists they do what which makes Damon uneasy?
(a) Take shortcuts.
(b) Ski down a mountain.
(c) Hike over a ridge.
(d) Swim across a lake.
14. The first leg of the trip Damon and Reiner take in South Africa is on a train from Cape Town to where in Part One: The Follower?
15. The Persian Gulf War was a war waged by a U.N.-authorized coalition force led by the United States against what nation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reiner insist on sleeping in Damon's apartment when he visits Cape Town in Part One: The Follower?
2. What is the legislative capital of South Africa?
3. What does Reiner do when Damon insists they stay and look for part of their camping supplies after a storm in Part One: The Follower?
4. Reiner tells Damon in Part One: The Follower that he has come to Greece to do what?
5. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner is described as an obsessive person and he studies what for hours without a break before his hike with Damon?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)