|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Follower.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After abandoning Reiner in Part One: The Follower, Damon gets a ride with a woman from where?
2. In Part One: The Follower, Damon stays in Pretoria for how long?
(a) Two months.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) A couple days.
(d) A few hours.
3. The character of Damon travels perpetually for what reason?
(a) He is never happy anywhere.
(b) He loves mountain-climbing.
(c) He feels driven to find a wife.
(d) He works in international trade.
4. The Persian Gulf War was a war waged by a U.N.-authorized coalition force led by the United States against what nation?
5. What heavy food does Reiner choose to purchase at the small grocery along his hike with Damon in Part One: The Follower?
(a) Melons and whiskey bottles.
(b) Carrots and fish.
(c) Beer cans and sausages.
(d) Potatoes and canned food.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the second day of their trip into the Drakensberg mountains, Damon and Reiner plan to undertake their longest walk to a settlement named what in Part One: The Follower?
2. When Damon finally sees Reiner again after their split in the wilderness in Part One: The Follower, Reiner intends to leave the country in a week but is so ill and exhausted he stays how long?
3. What does Reiner share with Damon in Part One: The Follower on their second night together?
4. What refers to a type of knapsack carried by hikers, bicyclists, and other outdoor sportsmen?
5. In Part One: The Follower, Reiner is described as an obsessive person and he studies what for hours without a break before his hike with Damon?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)