Part One: The Follower
• In the Greek countryside, a lone traveler encounters another traveler who tells the man that he is staying in the hostel in the village.
• The narrator indicates that he is the traveler although he feels he is watching a stranger.
• Later that evening, the traveler returns to the hostel to find the man in his room; he missed the train for Athens.
• The traveler tells the man he can stay with him until the morning; the man, who is German, says his name is Reiner and the traveler is Damon, a South African.
• The next day, the two men visit some ruins and Damon tells Reiner what he knows of the legend of grief and revenge behind the ruins.
• Damon tells Reiner that he has been traveling all over Europe; Reiner tells Damon that he has come to Greece to think.
• That evening, both...
This section contains 2,693 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)