|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Conner's twin sister?
2. What does Tony's father ask of him in Chapter Fifty?
3. In Chapter Fifty-four, after taking her medication, who does Vanessa insult at dinner?
4. In Chapter Fifty-four, how does Vanessa feel about Paul as he hands medication to her?
5. Why doesn't Tony want to tell someone in charge about Vanessa's cuts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tony do about the fresh cuts he notices on Vanessa during church?
2. How does Conner view Dr. Boston?
3. How are Conner and his twin sister, Cara, different?
4. What does Vanessa do at dinner that is unusual for her?
5. In Chapter Thirty-six, how does Vanessa feel about Aspen Springs?
6. Why is Vanessa at Aspen Springs psychiatric hospital?
7. What happens between Conner and his mother during their visit?
8. Why does Conner think he might be able to use Stephanie?
9. Why does Vanessa feel sorry for her grandmother?
10. How does Conner feel about Emily confessing their love to the authorities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tony and Phillip
1) How did Tony meet Phillip?
2) What happened to Phillip?
3) What was the nature of the relationship between Tony and Phillip?
Essay Topic 2
Conner's visit home
1) What happens when Conner returns home?
2) How does his mother treat him?
3) How does he feel about being home?
4) What has happened to Emily? How does this affect Conner?
Essay Topic 3
As a part of obtaining Level One, the teens had to attend church with the group. How do each of the main characters feel about church and faith? Why do you think the author has included God and faith in the book and in the level system of Aspen Springs?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)