|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phillip tell Tony about God's feelings toward gays?
2. How does Tony begin to feel about Vanessa in Chapter Forty-one?
3. Who does Tony remember as the only person who never lied to him or tried to hurt him?
4. What did Phillip do for a living?
5. In Chapter Twenty-Five, what reward is Conner given for opening up to Dr. Boston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Vanessa's father give her for Christmas?
2. What does Vanessa reveal about her mother and herself?
3. How are Conner and his twin sister, Cara, different?
4. What does Vanessa do at dinner that is unusual for her?
5. What happened to Tony's friend Phillip?
6. What happened to Vanessa's mother that causes Vanessa to feel depression and guilt?
7. What do Tony and Conner think about Vanessa in Chapter Twenty-six?
8. What does Conner think about when he achieves Level Three?
9. Why is Vanessa afraid of church?
10. Why does Conner decide to become friends with Tony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a part of obtaining Level One, the teens had to attend church with the group. How do each of the main characters feel about church and faith? Why do you think the author has included God and faith in the book and in the level system of Aspen Springs?
Essay Topic 2
What happened in Tony's life that caused him to spin out of control? How could his father have helped him through this event? How could his mother have helped him? What did Tony do as a result of the event? How did the event change his life forever?
Essay Topic 3
Conner is determined to rid himself of his medications. Do you think his decision was influenced by his mother's attitude toward medication? Is Conner giving up his medication because of his mother? Is Conner's abandonment of his medications consistent with his behavior throughout the book? Give examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)