|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty-eight, what does Conner decide about Vanessa?
2. Why doesn't Emily go to jail over her relationship with Conner?
3. How long has it been since Tony has seen his father?
4. Who saved Conner's life after he attempted suicide?
5. What is Vanessa trying to remember in Chapter Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Conner's parents behave during their visit?
2. How did Conner achieve Level One?
3. How was Todd getting drugs into Aspen Springs?
4. Why is Conner in Aspen Springs psychiatric hospital?
5. Why does Conner think he might be able to use Stephanie?
6. What do Tony and Conner think about Vanessa in Chapter Twenty-six?
7. What does Tony remember about the Truckee River?
8. Why does Vanessa feel sorry for her grandmother?
9. What happens in Vanessa's room between Vanessa and Paul?
10. How does Conner view Dr. Boston?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The students have already discussed their happiest memories, but don't reveal their darkest memories until they are at the wilderness camp.
1) What was Vanessa's darkest time and how did it change her?
2) What was Conner's darkest time and how did it change him?
3) What was Tony's darkest time and how did it change him?
Essay Topic 2
At various times in the book Vanessa feels attracted to both Tony and Conner. Why is she attracted to each of the boys? Is she confusing friendship with sexual attraction? How do the boys feel about her? What is the difference between her feelings for Conner and her feelings for Tony?
Essay Topic 3
Each of the three teen characters has been admitted to Aspen Springs psychiatric hospital for attempted suicide.
1) How and why did Vanessa attempt suicide?
2) How and why did Conner attempt suicide?
3) How and why did Tony attempt suicide?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)