|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Sixteen, who is Conner thinking about seducing?
2. Who does Vanessa befriend in Chapter Nine?
3. What psychiatric disorder does Vanessa have?
4. What is the subject of Tony's essay?
5. How did Phillip die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Vanessa and her brother living with their grandmother?
2. What did Vanessa's father give her for Christmas?
3. How did Conner achieve Level One?
4. How does Conner feel about Emily confessing their love to the authorities?
5. What does Conner think about when he achieves Level Three?
6. Why does Vanessa feel sorry for her grandmother?
7. What happened to Tony's friend Phillip?
8. Why is Vanessa afraid of church?
9. Who is Paul and how does he assist Vanessa in Chapter Six?
10. Why does Tony finally see his father after eight years?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the wilderness challenge and how it works. Who gets to attend the challenge? What will they do while there? What are the conditions like? What happens when they finish?
Essay Topic 2
What happened in Tony's life that caused him to spin out of control? How could his father have helped him through this event? How could his mother have helped him? What did Tony do as a result of the event? How did the event change his life forever?
Essay Topic 3
Each of the three teen characters has been admitted to Aspen Springs psychiatric hospital for attempted suicide.
1) How and why did Vanessa attempt suicide?
2) How and why did Conner attempt suicide?
3) How and why did Tony attempt suicide?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)