|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Starr find hard to believe in her session with Conner?
(a) He doesn't love his mother and father.
(b) He is in love with Tony.
(c) He doesn't want to go home for Easter.
(d) He doesn't love Emily anymore.
2. What does Tony do when he is sitting with Vanessa before Wilderness Challenge?
(a) Kisses her lips.
(b) Gets sick.
(c) Puts his arm around her..
(d) Kisses her hand.
3. Who asks Tony to read his poem?
(a) Ms. Littell.
(c) Mr. Hidalgo.
(d) Ms. Boston.
4. Why didn't Tony write his paper about Phillip?
(a) He considers it a private memory.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He can't remember him.
(d) He doesn't want to remember Phillip.
5. What does Conner do with his letter from his parents?
(a) Wads it into a ball.
(b) Rips it into pieces.
(c) Holds it to his heart and cries over it.
(d) Turns it into a paper airplane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony notice about everyone the morning after letters arrive?
2. What do Vanessa and Tony tell each other in Chapter Seventy-eight?
3. What does Vanessa believe will stop her from cutting?
4. How does Conner feel when he is crossing the bridge?
5. Who does Vanessa overhear in the bathroom in chapter 57?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tony meet Phillip?
2. What does Tony tell Conner he did that caused him to be sent to juvenile hall?
3. What does Vanessa realize about her time at wilderness camp?
4. What happens during group therapy that shocks Dr. Starr and intensifies the attraction between Conner and Vanessa?
5. Why is Vanessa getting sick in the bathroom?
6. What happens between Tony and Vanessa in Chapters Seventy-seven and Seventy-eight?
7. What is Tony's response to Conner's questions about his sexuality?
8. What does Vanessa discover about being outdoors?
9. Why doesn't Conner think he is ready to go home after the wilderness challenge?
10. What was the nature of Tony and Phillip's relationship?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)