|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack feel about affection?
(a) He fears it
(b) He yearns for it
(c) He relies on it
(d) He loathes it
2. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
(a) That he marry
(b) That he take up learning German
(c) That he refrain from dairy
(d) That they not walk together anymore
3. Why was Miss Prism's novel never published?
(a) The editor stole the manuscript and published it himself
(b) No publisher would take it
(c) She lost the manuscript
(d) She never finished it
4. According to Grigsby, who generally pays outstanding debts for the debtor?
(a) The Church
(b) Their spouse
(c) A creditor
(d) Their relations
5. What does Chasuble claim was the reference in his unintentionally romantic comment to Miss Prism?
Short Answer Questions
1. What minor character defames the German language at the beginning of the Act?
2. Whom does Jack ask Chasuble to christen?
3. How many pounds does Ernest owe the Savoy?
4. Who serves tea to Cecily and Gwendolen?
5. Why will Cecily not allow Algernon to read her diary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Cecily give for not wanting to show Algernon her diary?
2. Why is Cecily always distracted from her lessons?
3. What is Cecily's response to Algernon's proposal to her?
4. How does Cecily get rid of Miss Prism at the the beginning of Act II?
5. When Algernon arrives under the guise Ernest, what does Cecily tell him about Jack's plans?
6. How do Cecily and Gwendolen learn the truth about Ernest?
7. What does Cecily do to anger Gwendolen as they take tea?
8. What news does Jack bring with him when he returns home from London.
9. Why does Gwendolen state that she wishes Cecily were older?
10. Describe Chasuble.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)