|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What German writer is Cecily studying at the top of Act II?
2. What is Miss Prism's first name?
3. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
(a) He fears her anger
(b) He does not know what to say
(c) She expects him
(d) She forbids him
4. Who serves tea to Cecily and Gwendolen?
5. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
(a) That he take up learning German
(b) That he marry
(c) That he refrain from dairy
(d) That they not walk together anymore
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn decline sugar in her tea?
2. What workman's item does Gwendolen claim never to have seen?
3. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
4. Where does Cecily get her ideas for her diary?
5. What is Cecily's constant distraction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Jack bring with him when he returns home from London.
2. When Algernon arrives under the guise Ernest, what does Cecily tell him about Jack's plans?
3. How does Algernon get rid of Miss Prism when he wants say goodbye to Cecily?
4. What reason does Cecily give for not wanting to show Algernon her diary?
5. What does Cecily do to anger Gwendolen as they take tea?
6. How does Algernon end up paying for Jack's debt in Act II?
7. What has Algernon arranged for later in the afternoon that jack has as well?
8. What changes in Ernest's behavior does Algernon announce when he arrives at Jack's country house?
9. How do Cecily and Gwendolen learn the truth about Ernest?
10. What argument does Jack make to Algernon about eating in times of despair, and why at the end of Act II?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)