|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Algernon arrives, under what name is he traveling?
2. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
(a) That he refrain from dairy
(b) That he take up learning German
(c) That he marry
(d) That they not walk together anymore
3. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
(a) The garden
(b) The hills
(c) The drawing room
4. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
(a) They were for Bunbury
(b) He has been confused with another man
(c) He runs a soup kitchen in the city
(d) A large debt is a sign of wealth in London
5. What is Miss Prism's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What lunch has Jack traditionally been enjoying of late?
2. How does Cecily have letters from Ernest?
3. Whom does Jack ask Chasuble to christen?
4. What is Cecily's constant distraction?
5. With what does Grigsby present Algernon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cecily always distracted from her lessons?
2. After the two women storm off, what is Algernon's attitude?
3. What is Cecily's response to Algernon's proposal to her?
4. What changes in Ernest's behavior does Algernon announce when he arrives at Jack's country house?
5. What order does Jack give to Algernon after the women go in to lunch?
6. What argument does Jack make to Algernon about eating in times of despair, and why at the end of Act II?
7. What news does Jack bring with him when he returns home from London.
8. How does Algernon get rid of Miss Prism when he wants say goodbye to Cecily?
9. How does Cecily get rid of Miss Prism at the the beginning of Act II?
10. How do Cecily and Gwendolen learn the truth about Ernest?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)