|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
(a) The hills
(c) The drawing room
(d) The garden
2. Why will Cecily not allow Algernon to read her diary?
(a) It is improper
(b) It is all about him
(c) It is in secret language
(d) She intends to publish it
3. What German writer is Cecily studying at the top of Act II?
4. What is Algernon eating at the end of the Act?
(c) Pate sandwiches
5. How many pounds does Ernest owe the Savoy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not an occasion when Chasuble has preach his sermon on manna?
2. What workman's item does Gwendolen claim never to have seen?
3. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
4. What does Cecily do with the scissors?
5. What does Jack tell Algernon has happened to Bunbury?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Algernon arrives under the guise Ernest, what does Cecily tell him about Jack's plans?
2. What argument does Jack make to Algernon about eating in times of despair, and why at the end of Act II?
3. What does Cecily do to anger Gwendolen as they take tea?
4. How does Algernon get rid of Miss Prism when he wants say goodbye to Cecily?
5. How does Algernon end up paying for Jack's debt in Act II?
6. What favor does Jack request of Chasuble?
7. After the two women storm off, what is Algernon's attitude?
8. What news does Jack bring with him when he returns home from London.
9. What changes in Ernest's behavior does Algernon announce when he arrives at Jack's country house?
10. How does Cecily get rid of Miss Prism at the the beginning of Act II?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)