|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Immediately after proposing to Cecily, who does Algernon seek out?
(b) Miss Prism
(c) Lady Bracknell
2. What adjective does Cecily use to describe the name Algernon?
3. Which of these is not an occasion when Chasuble has preach his sermon on manna?
(a) Festal Days
4. Which two words do Miss Prism and Cecily confuse as they talk about Jack and his "brother"?
(a) great and grate
(b) night and knight
(c) dirth and death
(d) sow and sew
5. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
(a) He fears her anger
(b) She forbids him
(c) She expects him
(d) He does not know what to say
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
2. How does Algernon describe the day?
3. What does Chasuble claim was the reference in his unintentionally romantic comment to Miss Prism?
4. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
5. How does Jack describe Algernon's eating in times of distress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chasuble.
2. How do Cecily and Gwendolen learn the truth about Ernest?
3. How does Algernon get rid of Miss Prism when he wants say goodbye to Cecily?
4. Why is Cecily always distracted from her lessons?
5. What news does Jack bring with him when he returns home from London.
6. Why does Gwendolen state that she wishes Cecily were older?
7. What does Cecily do to anger Gwendolen as they take tea?
8. What is Cecily's response to Algernon's proposal to her?
9. What order does Jack give to Algernon after the women go in to lunch?
10. What reason does Cecily give for not wanting to show Algernon her diary?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)