|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pounds does Ernest owe the Savoy?
2. What does Miss Prism instruct Cecily to read while she is gone?
(a) Political Economy
(b) German History
(c) Geometic Theory
(d) Verb Conjugation
3. Where does Cecily get her ideas for her diary?
(a) In the garden
(b) At church
(c) From Miss Prism's reading
(d) In her room
4. What does Chasuble claim was the reference in his unintentionally romantic comment to Miss Prism?
5. How does Jack feel about affection?
(a) He loathes it
(b) He fears it
(c) He yearns for it
(d) He relies on it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolen beg Cecily to call her after they realize they are deceived?
2. What lunch has Jack traditionally been enjoying of late?
3. Which of these is not an occasion when Chasuble has preach his sermon on manna?
4. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
5. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cecily and Miss Prisms opposing views on writing.
2. What reason does Cecily give for not wanting to show Algernon her diary?
3. What news does Jack bring with him when he returns home from London.
4. Describe Chasuble.
5. When Algernon arrives under the guise Ernest, what does Cecily tell him about Jack's plans?
6. What does Cecily do to anger Gwendolen as they take tea?
7. What order does Jack give to Algernon after the women go in to lunch?
8. How does Cecily get rid of Miss Prism at the the beginning of Act II?
9. What argument does Jack make to Algernon about eating in times of despair, and why at the end of Act II?
10. What is Cecily's response to Algernon's proposal to her?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)