|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack feel about affection?
(a) He loathes it
(b) He yearns for it
(c) He relies on it
(d) He fears it
2. Why does Gwendolyn decline sugar in her tea?
(a) It is too rich
(b) She prefers lemon
(c) She fears poisoning
(d) It is out of style
3. What is Algernon eating at the end of the Act?
(a) Pate sandwiches
4. What does Miss Prism instruct Cecily to read while she is gone?
(a) German History
(b) Geometic Theory
(c) Verb Conjugation
(d) Political Economy
5. What is Cecily's constant distraction?
(a) Her narcolepsy
(b) Her appetite
(c) The gardener
(d) Her diary
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Algernon suggest Jack not get christened?
2. Why is Miss Prism concerned by Chasuble's being in the vestry?
3. How does Algernon describe the day?
4. About whom has Algernon - as Ernest - been talking to Cecily?
5. What does Chasuble quote in Act III as proof of a religious revival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gwendolen state that she wishes Cecily were older?
2. What order does Jack give to Algernon after the women go in to lunch?
3. How do Cecily and Gwendolen learn the truth about Ernest?
4. How does Cecily get rid of Miss Prism at the the beginning of Act II?
5. Why is Cecily always distracted from her lessons?
6. What has Algernon arranged for later in the afternoon that jack has as well?
7. What reason does Miss Prism give for not wanting Ernest to be saved from his vices?
8. What argument does Jack make to Algernon about eating in times of despair, and why at the end of Act II?
9. What favor does Jack request of Chasuble?
10. What does Cecily do to anger Gwendolen as they take tea?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)