|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cecily get her ideas for her diary?
(a) In the garden
(b) From Miss Prism's reading
(c) At church
(d) In her room
2. As she copies Algernon's words into her diary, what does Cecily chastise him for doing?
3. What German writer is Cecily studying at the top of Act II?
4. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
(a) He fears her anger
(b) He does not know what to say
(c) She forbids him
(d) She expects him
5. Who does Chasuble cite in chastising Algernon for gluttony?
(a) St. Paul
(c) St. Augustine
Short Answer Questions
1. How many counties can one see from the hills of around the manor?
2. How does Algernon describe the day?
3. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
4. What does Gwendolen beg Cecily to call her after they realize they are deceived?
5. Immediately after proposing to Cecily, who does Algernon seek out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Algernon arranged for later in the afternoon that jack has as well?
2. After the two women storm off, what is Algernon's attitude?
3. What news does Jack bring with him when he returns home from London.
4. What favor does Jack request of Chasuble?
5. When Algernon arrives under the guise Ernest, what does Cecily tell him about Jack's plans?
6. Describe Cecily and Miss Prisms opposing views on writing.
7. What reason does Miss Prism give for not wanting Ernest to be saved from his vices?
8. What order does Jack give to Algernon after the women go in to lunch?
9. Why is Cecily always distracted from her lessons?
10. How does Algernon end up paying for Jack's debt in Act II?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)