|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack tell Algernon has happened to Bunbury?
(a) He has found a proper nurse
(b) He has recuperated
(c) He has exploded
(d) He has moved away
2. How many counties can one see from the hills of around the manor?
3. Whom has Gwendolen already contacted about her betrothal to Ernest?
(a) The Census Bureau
(b) Her father
(c) The Morning Post
(d) Westminster Cathedral
4. What workman's item does Gwendolen claim never to have seen?
(a) A spade
(b) A piece of coal
(c) A work glove
(d) An axe
5. What ailment does Cecily claim Miss prism has?
(a) A general malaise
(b) An allergy attack
(c) A slight chill
(d) A headache
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Prism's first name?
2. How many pounds does Ernest owe the Savoy?
3. Why was Miss Prism's novel never published?
4. What German writer is Cecily studying at the top of Act II?
5. Why does Algernon suggest Jack not get christened?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Algernon end up paying for Jack's debt in Act II?
2. What favor does Jack request of Chasuble?
3. How do Cecily and Gwendolen learn the truth about Ernest?
4. What news does Jack bring with him when he returns home from London.
5. How does Algernon get rid of Miss Prism when he wants say goodbye to Cecily?
6. Why does Gwendolen state that she wishes Cecily were older?
7. What has Algernon arranged for later in the afternoon that jack has as well?
8. What changes in Ernest's behavior does Algernon announce when he arrives at Jack's country house?
9. Describe Chasuble.
10. What reason does Cecily give for not wanting to show Algernon her diary?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)