|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon finding out the Cecily is Mr. Worthing's ward, how old does Gwendolen wish Cecily was?
2. Who serves tea to Cecily and Gwendolen?
3. What is Algernon eating at the end of the Act?
(c) Pate sandwiches
4. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
(a) The hills
(b) The garden
(d) The drawing room
5. Why does Algernon suggest Jack not get christened?
(a) He might get a chill
(b) It is blashpemous
(c) The name "Jack" suits him
(d) It is tedious
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cecily tell Algernon he is being sent?
2. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
3. What does Algernon claim to be when he meets Cecily?
4. What ailment does Cecily claim Miss prism has?
5. What does Chasuble quote in Act III as proof of a religious revival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What argument does Jack make to Algernon about eating in times of despair, and why at the end of Act II?
2. What changes in Ernest's behavior does Algernon announce when he arrives at Jack's country house?
3. What favor does Jack request of Chasuble?
4. What news does Jack bring with him when he returns home from London.
5. Why does Gwendolen state that she wishes Cecily were older?
6. What order does Jack give to Algernon after the women go in to lunch?
7. After the two women storm off, what is Algernon's attitude?
8. When Algernon arrives under the guise Ernest, what does Cecily tell him about Jack's plans?
9. How does Cecily get rid of Miss Prism at the the beginning of Act II?
10. How does Algernon end up paying for Jack's debt in Act II?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)