|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What minor character defames the German language at the beginning of the Act?
(c) Mr. Grigsby
2. How many counties can one see from the hills of around the manor?
3. Immediately after proposing to Cecily, who does Algernon seek out?
(b) Miss Prism
(c) Lady Bracknell
4. What lunch has Jack traditionally been enjoying of late?
(a) roast beef and lager
(b) tea and cucumber sandwiches
(c) water and biscuits
(d) pate sandwiches and champagne
5. Who is the other partner in Grigsby's soliciting firm?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
2. Which of the following is not an aspect of Algernon's character that Jack assails when he tells him to leave the manner
3. What workman's item does Gwendolen claim never to have seen?
4. When the Cecily and Gwendolen both discover that each is engaged to Ernest, what do they compare?
5. Which two words do Miss Prism and Cecily confuse as they talk about Jack and his "brother"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chasuble.
2. What news does Jack bring with him when he returns home from London.
3. How does Cecily get rid of Miss Prism at the the beginning of Act II?
4. After the two women storm off, what is Algernon's attitude?
5. What is Cecily's response to Algernon's proposal to her?
6. What order does Jack give to Algernon after the women go in to lunch?
7. What reason does Cecily give for not wanting to show Algernon her diary?
8. What has Algernon arranged for later in the afternoon that jack has as well?
9. Why is Cecily always distracted from her lessons?
10. What argument does Jack make to Algernon about eating in times of despair, and why at the end of Act II?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)