|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Algernon eating at the end of the Act?
(b) Pate sandwiches
2. Upon finding out the Cecily is Mr. Worthing's ward, how old does Gwendolen wish Cecily was?
3. For how long does Cecily say she and Ernest have been engaged?
(a) Three months
(b) One month
(c) Six months
(d) One hour
4. Why does Algernon suggest Jack not get christened?
(a) It is blashpemous
(b) He might get a chill
(c) It is tedious
(d) The name "Jack" suits him
5. What lunch has Jack traditionally been enjoying of late?
(a) pate sandwiches and champagne
(b) water and biscuits
(c) tea and cucumber sandwiches
(d) roast beef and lager
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom has Algernon - as Ernest - been talking to Cecily?
2. What does Cecily do with the scissors?
3. What does Chasuble quote in Act III as proof of a religious revival?
4. When Algernon arrives, under what name is he traveling?
5. Where does Cecily get her ideas for her diary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Miss Prism give for not wanting Ernest to be saved from his vices?
2. How does Algernon end up paying for Jack's debt in Act II?
3. After the two women storm off, what is Algernon's attitude?
4. What order does Jack give to Algernon after the women go in to lunch?
5. What favor does Jack request of Chasuble?
6. What changes in Ernest's behavior does Algernon announce when he arrives at Jack's country house?
7. What does Cecily do to anger Gwendolen as they take tea?
8. What news does Jack bring with him when he returns home from London.
9. How do Cecily and Gwendolen learn the truth about Ernest?
10. What reason does Cecily give for not wanting to show Algernon her diary?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)