|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
(a) The drawing room
(c) The garden
(d) The hills
2. How does Cecily have letters from Ernest?
(a) Algernon wrote them
(b) She wrote them herself
(c) Other boys wrote them and she changed the name
(d) Jack wrote them
3. Who does Chasuble cite in chastising Algernon for gluttony?
(a) St. Augustine
(c) St. Paul
4. What mission does Algernon give Cecily?
(a) To fethch him lunch
(b) To intercept Jack's mail
(c) To reform him
(d) To inquire after Gwendolen's health
5. What does Chasuble claim was the reference in his unintentionally romantic comment to Miss Prism?
Short Answer Questions
1. Immediately after proposing to Cecily, who does Algernon seek out?
2. What vulgar people does Algernon suggest bandy about their business in cocktail parties?
3. What does Miss Prism instruct Cecily to read while she is gone?
4. Upon finding out that Cecily is Mr. Worthing's ward, how old does Gwendolen wish Cecily was?
5. Why is Miss Prism concerned by Chasuble's being in the vestry?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)