|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cecily's justification that she should not have to learn German?
(a) There is no profit in learning German
(b) Germany has done nothing for Britain
(c) Germany is overpopulated
(d) German is a boorish language
2. Next to whose room does Merriman place Algernon's luggage?
(a) Miss Prism's
3. What is Algernon eating at the end of the Act?
(a) Pate sandwiches
4. Upon finding out that Cecily is Mr. Worthing's ward, how old does Gwendolen wish Cecily was?
5. Why does Algernon suggest Jack not get christened?
(a) It is blashpemous
(b) The name "Jack" suits him
(c) He might get a chill
(d) It is tedious
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
2. What mission does Algernon give Cecily?
3. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
4. What adjective does Cecily use to describe the name Algernon?
5. How does Cecily have letters from Ernest?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)