|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What minor character defames the German language at the beginning of the Act?
(d) Mr. Grigsby
2. Why did Cecily and Ernest break off their first engagement?
(a) She was too young
(b) He danced with another woman
(c) She danced with another man
(d) He left for Australia
3. Where does Cecily get her ideas for her diary?
(a) At church
(b) In the garden
(c) In her room
(d) From Miss Prism's reading
4. What is Cecily's constant distraction?
(a) Her narcolepsy
(b) Her diary
(c) Her appetite
(d) The gardener
5. Immediately after proposing to Cecily, who does Algernon seek out?
(a) Miss Prism
(d) Lady Bracknell
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chasuble cite in chastising Algernon for gluttony?
2. Which of the following is not an aspect of Algernon's character that Jack assails when he tells him to leave the manner
3. How does Algernon describe the day?
4. Which of these is not an occasion when Chasuble has preach his sermon on manna?
5. What, according to Miss Prism, does Socialism lead to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Algernon get rid of Miss Prism when he wants say goodbye to Cecily?
2. What argument does Jack make to Algernon about eating in times of despair, and why at the end of Act II?
3. What reason does Miss Prism give for not wanting Ernest to be saved from his vices?
4. How does Cecily get rid of Miss Prism at the the beginning of Act II?
5. What is Cecily's response to Algernon's proposal to her?
6. Why is Cecily always distracted from her lessons?
7. What has Algernon arranged for later in the afternoon that jack has as well?
8. What favor does Jack request of Chasuble?
9. Describe Cecily and Miss Prisms opposing views on writing.
10. When Algernon arrives under the guise Ernest, what does Cecily tell him about Jack's plans?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)