|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chasuble cite in chastising Algernon for gluttony?
(b) St. Paul
(c) St. Augustine
2. What does Gwendolen beg Cecily to call her after they realize they are deceived?
3. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
4. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
(a) The garden
(b) The drawing room
(c) The hills
5. Upon finding out the Cecily is Mr. Worthing's ward, how old does Gwendolen wish Cecily was?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn decline sugar in her tea?
2. Who serves tea to Cecily and Gwendolen?
3. Who is the other partner in Grigsby's soliciting firm?
4. According to Grigsby, who generally pays outstanding debts for the debtor?
5. How does Jack feel about affection?
Short Essay Questions
1. What order does Jack give to Algernon after the women go in to lunch?
2. After the two women storm off, what is Algernon's attitude?
3. How do Cecily and Gwendolen learn the truth about Ernest?
4. What reason does Miss Prism give for not wanting Ernest to be saved from his vices?
5. What is Cecily's response to Algernon's proposal to her?
6. What changes in Ernest's behavior does Algernon announce when he arrives at Jack's country house?
7. How does Cecily get rid of Miss Prism at the the beginning of Act II?
8. What favor does Jack request of Chasuble?
9. Why does Gwendolen state that she wishes Cecily were older?
10. How does Algernon get rid of Miss Prism when he wants say goodbye to Cecily?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)