|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vulgar people does Algernon suggest bandy about there business in cocktail parties?
2. When Algernon arrives, under what name is he traveling?
3. Why did Cecily and Ernest break off their first engagement?
(a) She danced with another man
(b) He danced with another woman
(c) She was too young
(d) He left for Australia
4. What adjective does Cecily use to describe the name Algernon?
5. What ailment does Cecily claim Miss prism has?
(a) A headache
(b) A general malaise
(c) A slight chill
(d) An allergy attack
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the other partner in Grigsby's soliciting firm?
2. How does Algernon describe the day?
3. Next to whose room does Merriman place Algernon's luggage?
4. What is Algernon eating at the end of the Act?
5. How does Cecily have letters from Ernest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Algernon arranged for later in the afternoon that jack has as well?
2. After the two women storm off, what is Algernon's attitude?
3. How does Algernon get rid of Miss Prism when he wants say goodbye to Cecily?
4. Describe Chasuble.
5. How does Algernon end up paying for Jack's debt in Act II?
6. What does Cecily do to anger Gwendolen as they take tea?
7. Why does Gwendolen state that she wishes Cecily were older?
8. What reason does Miss Prism give for not wanting Ernest to be saved from his vices?
9. How do Cecily and Gwendolen learn the truth about Ernest?
10. How does Cecily get rid of Miss Prism at the the beginning of Act II?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)