|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two words do Miss Prism and Cecily confuse as they talk about Jack and his "brother"?
(a) dirth and death
(b) great and grate
(c) sow and sew
(d) night and knight
2. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
3. What is Cecily's justification that she should not have to learn German?
(a) Germany has done nothing for Britain
(b) There is no profit in learning German
(c) German is a boorish language
(d) Germany is overpopulated
4. What German writer is Cecily studying at the top of Act II?
5. What does Gwendolen beg Cecily to call her after they realize they are deceived?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Cecily and Gwendolen both discover that each is engaged to Ernest, what do they compare?
2. What does Jack tell Algernon has happened to Bunbury?
3. As she copies Algernon's words into her diary, what does Cecily chastise him for doing?
4. When Algernon arrives, under what name is he traveling?
5. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chasuble.
2. What changes in Ernest's behavior does Algernon announce when he arrives at Jack's country house?
3. What is Cecily's response to Algernon's proposal to her?
4. How does Cecily get rid of Miss Prism at the the beginning of Act II?
5. What has Algernon arranged for later in the afternoon that jack has as well?
6. What argument does Jack make to Algernon about eating in times of despair, and why at the end of Act II?
7. What favor does Jack request of Chasuble?
8. How do Cecily and Gwendolen learn the truth about Ernest?
9. Describe Cecily and Miss Prisms opposing views on writing.
10. What reason does Miss Prism give for not wanting Ernest to be saved from his vices?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)