|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
(a) That he refrain from dairy
(b) That they not walk together anymore
(c) That he marry
(d) That he take up learning German
2. For how long does Cecily say she and Ernest have been engaged?
(a) Six months
(b) Three months
(c) One month
(d) One hour
3. What mission does Algernon give Cecily?
(a) To reform him
(b) To inquire after Gwendolen's health
(c) To fethch him lunch
(d) To intercept Jack's mail
4. Whom has Gwendolen already contacted about her betrothal to Ernest?
(a) The Census Bureau
(b) Westminster Cathedral
(c) Her father
(d) The Morning Post
5. How does Jack feel about affection?
(a) He yearns for it
(b) He relies on it
(c) He loathes it
(d) He fears it
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cecily have letters from Ernest?
2. Immediately after proposing to Cecily, who does Algernon seek out?
3. What is Gwendolyn given with her tea?
4. How many pounds does Ernest owe the Savoy?
5. What adjective does Cecily use to describe the name Algernon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cecily always distracted from her lessons?
2. Describe Cecily and Miss Prisms opposing views on writing.
3. Describe Chasuble.
4. How does Algernon end up paying for Jack's debt in Act II?
5. What has Algernon arranged for later in the afternoon that jack has as well?
6. What reason does Miss Prism give for not wanting Ernest to be saved from his vices?
7. When Algernon arrives under the guise Ernest, what does Cecily tell him about Jack's plans?
8. What favor does Jack request of Chasuble?
9. What argument does Jack make to Algernon about eating in times of despair, and why at the end of Act II?
10. What is Cecily's response to Algernon's proposal to her?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)