|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the other partner in Grigsby's soliciting firm?
2. Next to whose room does Merriman place Algernon's luggage?
(d) Miss Prism's
3. What is Cecily's justification that she should not have to learn German?
(a) Germany is overpopulated
(b) German is a boorish language
(c) There is no profit in learning German
(d) Germany has done nothing for Britain
4. How many pounds does Ernest owe the Savoy?
5. How does Cecily have letters from Ernest?
(a) She wrote them herself
(b) Algernon wrote them
(c) Other boys wrote them and she changed the name
(d) Jack wrote them
Short Answer Questions
1. When Algernon arrives, under what name is he traveling?
2. Where does Cecily get her ideas for her diary?
3. What does Chasuble claim was the reference in his unintentionally romantic comment to Miss Prism?
4. What does Chasuble quote in Act III as proof of a religious revival?
5. Which of the following is not an aspect of Algernon's character that Jack assails when he tells him to leave the manner
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cecily's response to Algernon's proposal to her?
2. What news does Jack bring with him when he returns home from London.
3. After the two women storm off, what is Algernon's attitude?
4. What has Algernon arranged for later in the afternoon that jack has as well?
5. What reason does Miss Prism give for not wanting Ernest to be saved from his vices?
6. How do Cecily and Gwendolen learn the truth about Ernest?
7. How does Algernon end up paying for Jack's debt in Act II?
8. What favor does Jack request of Chasuble?
9. Why does Gwendolen state that she wishes Cecily were older?
10. What argument does Jack make to Algernon about eating in times of despair, and why at the end of Act II?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)