|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
(a) The hills
(b) The garden
(d) The drawing room
2. What workman's item does Gwendolen claim never to have seen?
(a) A spade
(b) A work glove
(c) An axe
(d) A piece of coal
3. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
4. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
(a) She forbids him
(b) He does not know what to say
(c) She expects him
(d) He fears her anger
5. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
(a) That he refrain from dairy
(b) That he take up learning German
(c) That they not walk together anymore
(d) That he marry
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom has Algernon - as Ernest - been talking to Cecily?
2. Next to whose room does Merriman place Algernon's luggage?
3. What does Miss Prism instruct Cecily to read while she is gone?
4. What is Miss Prism's first name?
5. What does Chasuble claim was the reference in his unintentionally romantic comment to Miss Prism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What argument does Jack make to Algernon about eating in times of despair, and why at the end of Act II?
2. Why does Gwendolen state that she wishes Cecily were older?
3. How does Algernon get rid of Miss Prism when he wants say goodbye to Cecily?
4. Why is Cecily always distracted from her lessons?
5. When Algernon arrives under the guise Ernest, what does Cecily tell him about Jack's plans?
6. How does Cecily get rid of Miss Prism at the the beginning of Act II?
7. What order does Jack give to Algernon after the women go in to lunch?
8. Describe Chasuble.
9. What is Cecily's response to Algernon's proposal to her?
10. What does Cecily do to anger Gwendolen as they take tea?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)