|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the cucumber sandwiches does Algernon eat?
(a) One of them
(b) All of them
(c) Half of them
(d) None of them
2. Why do servants steal more champagne in the houses of bachelors?
(a) The men are less observant
(b) There is less to do
(c) The servants are never as drunk as their masters
(d) The wine is better
3. How old is Cecily?
4. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
(a) A cloak room
(b) A platform
(c) A news kiosk
(d) A train compartment
5. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
(a) The bell
(b) The trivet
(c) The railway guide
(d) The cigarette holder
Short Answer Questions
1. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
2. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
3. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
4. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
5. Where does Lady Bracknell send Gwendolyn while she questions Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Algernon get rid of Miss Prism when he wants say goodbye to Cecily?
2. How does Jack Worthing's cigarette case betray his identity to Algernon?
3. Why are there no cucumber sandwiches at Algernon's when Lady Bracknell arrives?
4. What misconception does Jack have about Miss Prism after she tells the story of his origins?
5. Why do Algernon and Jack have such difficulty choosing a place to have dinner?
6. How do Algernon and Jack break the women's barrier of silence?
7. How does Jack respond to the news that Algernon is his brother?
8. Of what does Lady Bracknell accuse Miss Prism?
9. What is Algernon's stated opinion of love and marriage in Act 1?
10. Describe Algernon Moncrieff.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)