|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day is Jack leaving town?
2. How many of the cucumber sandwiches does Algernon eat?
(a) None of them
(b) All of them
(c) One of them
(d) Half of them
3. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
(a) 500 pounds
(b) 700 pounds
(c) 1000 pounds
(d) 200 pounds
4. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
5. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
2. Which of the following is not a condition that Jack and Algernon consider to kill Ernest?
3. How often does does Algernon suggest one should check on one's relations?
4. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest"?
5. How old is Cecily?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doe Jack go by the name of Ernest in London?
2. What is Algernon's stated opinion of love and marriage in Act I?
3. What is Lady Bracknell's response to the story of Jack's adoption?
4. What is Lady Bracknell's opinion of Bunbury?
5. What is Jack Worthing's business in London?
6. Why does Jack intend to "kill" Ernest?
7. What, according to Jack and Algernon, is the difference between mothers and fathers in modern society?
8. Why are there no cucumber sandwiches at the Algernon's when Lady Bracknell arrives?
9. Why do Algernon and Jack have such difficulty choosing a place to have dinner?
10. Who is Bunbury?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)