|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
(a) The trivet
(b) The bell
(c) The railway guide
(d) The cigarette holder
2. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
(a) A Gorgon
(b) A Harpy
(c) A Leviathan
(d) A Minotaur
3. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
(a) Miss Prism
4. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
(a) It is unfortunate
(b) It is careless
(c) It is tragic
(d) It is inconsequential
5. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
(a) He must rearrange her furniture
(b) He must arrange her music
(c) He must tend to her shrubbery
(d) They must attend a French farce together
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
2. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
3. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
4. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
5. On what day is Jack leaving town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, according to Jack and Algernon, is the difference between mothers and fathers in modern society?
2. What is Lady Bracknell's response to the story of Jack's adoption?
3. Why doe Jack go by the name of Ernest in London?
4. What is Jack Worthing's business in London?
5. What does Gwendolen love so much about the name Ernest?
6. How is it that Jack does not know who his parents are?
7. Why do Algernon and Jack have such difficulty choosing a place to have dinner?
8. Name a few of Lady Bracknell's requirements for a suitable bachelor.
9. Why are there no cucumber sandwiches at the Algernon's when Lady Bracknell arrives?
10. Why does Jack intend to "kill" Ernest?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)