|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Algernon, what do the lower classes lack a sense of?
(a) Respect for their betters
(b) Duty to country
(d) Moral responsibility
2. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
(b) Social Democrat
(d) Liberal Unionist
3. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
4. To what composer does Algernon compare his Aunt's ring? Tchaikovsky
5. Why do servants steal more champagne in the houses of bachelors?
(a) There is less to do
(b) The men are less observant
(c) The servants are never as drunk as their masters
(d) The wine is better
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
2. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
3. What is the only thing that allows Algernon to put up with his relatives?
4. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
5. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lady Bracknell's opinion of Bunbury?
2. What orders does Algernon give Lane at the end of the First Act?
3. Describe Algernon Moncrieff.
4. What, according to Jack and Algernon, is the difference between mothers and fathers in modern society?
5. How does Jack Worthing's cigarette case betray his identity to Algernon?
6. Why doe Jack go by the name of Ernest in London?
7. How did Cecily become Jack's ward?
8. What is Algernon's stated opinion of love and marriage in Act I?
9. How is it that Jack does not know who his parents are?
10. Why does Jack intend to "kill" Ernest?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)