|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cecily's governess?
(b) Lady Bracknell
(c) Miss Prism
(d) She has none
2. What does Lady Bracknell describe as a "delicate exotic fruit?"
(a) Her daughter
(c) Social bearing
3. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
4. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
(a) Trader Vic's
5. What type of sandwich does Algernon take from Lane?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
2. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
3. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once"?
4. Which of the following is not a condition that Jack and Algernon consider to kill Ernest?
5. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack Worthing's cigarette case betray his identity to Algernon?
2. Why are there no cucumber sandwiches at the Algernon's when Lady Bracknell arrives?
3. What is Lady Bracknell's response to the story of Jack's adoption?
4. What clandestine declaration does Gwendolen make to Jack before she leaves?
5. Describe Algernon Moncrieff.
6. Why do Algernon and Jack have such difficulty choosing a place to have dinner?
7. Why does Jack intend to "kill" Ernest?
8. Describe Algernon and Jack's conversation concerning Cecily and Gwendolen.
9. How did Cecily become Jack's ward?
10. Why does Algernon discreetly write down Jack's country address on his cuff?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)