|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
(a) They are engaged
(b) She is his aunt
(c) He is her father
(d) They are siblings
2. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
(c) Trader Vic's
3. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
(a) A Harpy
(b) A Minotaur
(c) A Gorgon
(d) A Leviathan
4. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
(a) Join the Church
(b) Kill off "Ernest"
(c) Marry off Cecily
(d) Move away from England
5. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
2. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest"?
3. Where does "Ernest" have a country house?
4. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
5. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack Worthing's business in London?
2. Why are there no cucumber sandwiches at the Algernon's when Lady Bracknell arrives?
3. What is Algernon's stated opinion of love and marriage in Act I?
4. Describe Algernon Moncrieff.
5. Name a few of Lady Bracknell's requirements for a suitable bachelor.
6. Who is Bunbury?
7. What, according to Jack and Algernon, is the difference between mothers and fathers in modern society?
8. What is Lady Bracknell's response to the story of Jack's adoption?
9. Describe Algernon and Jack's conversation concerning Cecily and Gwendolen.
10. What orders does Algernon give Lane at the end of the First Act?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)