|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack offer to present to Lady Bracknell in lieu of his parentage?
(a) The handbag in which he was found
(b) A substantial dowry
(c) His "brother's" credentials
(d) A lord to vouch for him
2. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
3. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
(a) Social Democrat
(c) Liberal Unionist
4. What relation is not popular at the present time?
5. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
2. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
3. What is the only thing that allows Algernon to put up with his relatives?
4. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
5. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cecily become Jack's ward?
2. What does Gwendolen love so much about the name Ernest?
3. Describe Algernon and Jack's conversation concerning Cecily and Gwendolen.
4. What clandestine declaration does Gwendolen make to Jack before she leaves?
5. What is Lady Bracknell's opinion of Bunbury?
6. Describe Algernon Moncrieff.
7. Name a few of Lady Bracknell's requirements for a suitable bachelor.
8. Why doe Jack go by the name of Ernest in London?
9. Why does Algernon discreetly write down Jack's country address on his cuff?
10. Who is Bunbury?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)