|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
(a) He would have to reveal his true name
(b) She has not asked
(c) He cannot explain their relationship
(d) He fears she would be jealous
2. What does Gwendolyn's brother ask all of his girlfriends?
(a) For directions
(b) For advice
(c) For money
(d) To marry him
3. In reality, what it is the relationship between Cecily and Jack?
(a) They are engaged
(b) She is his ward
(c) They are siblings
(d) She does not exist
4. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
5. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
(a) The Games House
(b) The Theatre
(c) The Empire
(d) The Club
Short Answer Questions
1. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
2. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
3. To what composer does Algernon compare his Aunt's ring? Tchaikovsky
4. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
5. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doe Jack go by the name of Ernest in London?
2. What is Jack Worthing's business in London?
3. What orders does Algernon give Lane at the end of the First Act?
4. Why does Algernon discreetly write down Jack's country address on his cuff?
5. How did Cecily become Jack's ward?
6. How is it that Jack does not know who his parents are?
7. Name a few of Lady Bracknell's requirements for a suitable bachelor.
8. What clandestine declaration does Gwendolen make to Jack before she leaves?
9. Describe Algernon and Jack's conversation concerning Cecily and Gwendolen.
10. What does Gwendolen love so much about the name Ernest?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)