|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
(a) What is your income?
(b) Are your parents living?
(c) Do you smoke?
(d) What are your politics?
2. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
3. Who is Cecily's governess?
(a) Lady Bracknell
(c) She has none
(d) Miss Prism
4. What relation is not popular at the present time?
5. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
(a) She is his aunt
(b) They are siblings
(c) They are engaged
(d) He is her father
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
2. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
3. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
4. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
5. What does Jack offer to present to Lady Bracknell in lieu of his parentage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clandestine declaration does Gwendolen make to Jack before she leaves?
2. Who is Bunbury?
3. What is Lady Bracknell's opinion of Bunbury?
4. What is Jack Worthing's business in London?
5. What, according to Jack and Algernon, is the difference between mothers and fathers in modern society?
6. How does Jack Worthing's cigarette case betray his identity to Algernon?
7. What is Lady Bracknell's response to the story of Jack's adoption?
8. Name a few of Lady Bracknell's requirements for a suitable bachelor.
9. Describe Algernon and Jack's conversation concerning Cecily and Gwendolen.
10. Why do Algernon and Jack have such difficulty choosing a place to have dinner?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)