|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Bracknell describe as a "delicate exotic fruit?"
(b) Social bearing
(c) Her daughter
2. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
3. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest"?
(a) His eyes
(b) His name
(c) His money
(d) His wit
4. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
5. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Abruptly reentering rooms
(b) Pocketing silverware
(c) Quoting scripture
(d) Berating the servants publicly
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
2. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
3. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
4. What is the only thing that allows Algernon to put up with his relatives?
5. What item did Jack leave in Algernon's house the last time he called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lady Bracknell's response to the story of Jack's adoption?
2. Why does Jack intend to "kill" Ernest?
3. What does Gwendolen love so much about the name Ernest?
4. What orders does Algernon give Lane at the end of the First Act?
5. What, according to Jack and Algernon, is the difference between mothers and fathers in modern society?
6. Name a few of Lady Bracknell's requirements for a suitable bachelor.
7. How does Jack Worthing's cigarette case betray his identity to Algernon?
8. Why are there no cucumber sandwiches at the Algernon's when Lady Bracknell arrives?
9. Describe Algernon and Jack's conversation concerning Cecily and Gwendolen.
10. Describe Algernon Moncrieff.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)