|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
(a) Kill off "Ernest"
(b) Join the Church
(c) Move away from England
(d) Marry off Cecily
2. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
(d) Miss Prism
3. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
(a) The Club
(b) The Empire
(c) The Games House
(d) The Theatre
4. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
(c) Trader Vic's
5. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Abruptly reentering rooms
(b) Pocketing silverware
(c) Berating the servants publicly
(d) Quoting scripture
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
2. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
3. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
4. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
5. What item did Jack leave in Algernon's house the last time he called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What orders does Algernon give Lane at the end of the First Act?
2. What is Jack Worthing's business in London?
3. What is Lady Bracknell's response to the story of Jack's adoption?
4. Why do Algernon and Jack have such difficulty choosing a place to have dinner?
5. Why are there no cucumber sandwiches at the Algernon's when Lady Bracknell arrives?
6. Why does Jack intend to "kill" Ernest?
7. What clandestine declaration does Gwendolen make to Jack before she leaves?
8. Why doe Jack go by the name of Ernest in London?
9. Name a few of Lady Bracknell's requirements for a suitable bachelor.
10. How is it that Jack does not know who his parents are?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)