|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A rube
(b) A prig
(c) A modern stoic
(d) A pessimist
2. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest"?
(a) His eyes
(b) His wit
(c) His money
(d) His name
3. Who is Cecily's governess?
(a) She has none
(c) Miss Prism
(d) Lady Bracknell
4. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
5. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
(a) John Merrick
(c) His brother
(d) Lady Bloxham
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
2. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
3. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
4. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
5. What relation is not popular at the present time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lady Bracknell's response to the story of Jack's adoption?
2. Why does Algernon discreetly write down Jack's country address on his cuff?
3. Describe Algernon Moncrieff.
4. How did Cecily become Jack's ward?
5. Why do Algernon and Jack have such difficulty choosing a place to have dinner?
6. How does Jack Worthing's cigarette case betray his identity to Algernon?
7. What is Algernon's stated opinion of love and marriage in Act I?
8. Why are there no cucumber sandwiches at the Algernon's when Lady Bracknell arrives?
9. Name a few of Lady Bracknell's requirements for a suitable bachelor.
10. Describe Algernon and Jack's conversation concerning Cecily and Gwendolen.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)