|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
2. What does Lady Bracknell describe as a "delicate exotic fruit?"
(b) Social bearing
(d) Her daughter
3. In reality, what it is the relationship between Cecily and Jack?
(a) She does not exist
(b) They are siblings
(c) They are engaged
(d) She is his ward
4. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
(a) It was leather
(b) It was torn at the side
(c) It had handles
(d) It was black
5. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of sandwich does Algernon take from Lane?
2. Which of the following is not a condition that Jack and Algernon consider to kill Ernest?
3. In what county is Jack's country house?
4. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
5. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lady Bracknell's response to the story of Jack's adoption?
2. How does Jack Worthing's cigarette case betray his identity to Algernon?
3. What, according to Jack and Algernon, is the difference between mothers and fathers in modern society?
4. Who is Bunbury?
5. Why does Algernon discreetly write down Jack's country address on his cuff?
6. Why do Algernon and Jack have such difficulty choosing a place to have dinner?
7. How did Cecily become Jack's ward?
8. Why are there no cucumber sandwiches at the Algernon's when Lady Bracknell arrives?
9. What is Lady Bracknell's opinion of Bunbury?
10. Why doe Jack go by the name of Ernest in London?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)