|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
(a) A train compartment
(b) A news kiosk
(c) A cloak room
(d) A platform
2. What item did Jack leave in Algernon's house the last time he called?
(a) A cigarette case
(b) His hat
(c) An engagement ring
(d) A book
3. Who is Cecily's governess?
(a) Lady Bracknell
(b) She has none
(c) Miss Prism
4. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
(a) He must tend to her shrubbery
(b) He must rearrange her furniture
(c) He must arrange her music
(d) They must attend a French farce together
5. What relation is not popular at the present time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to where they should go after dinner?
2. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
3. How often does Algernon suggest one should check on one's relations?
4. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
5. What does Jack offer to present to Lady Bracknell in lieu of his parentage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chasuble.
2. What order does Jack give to Algernon after the women go in to lunch?
3. How does Lady Bracknell go about finding Gwendolen?
4. Why are there no cucumber sandwiches at Algernon's when Lady Bracknell arrives?
5. What is Algernon's stated opinion of love and marriage in Act 1?
6. Describe Cecily and Miss Prism's opposing views on writing.
7. How does Algernon get rid of Miss Prism when he wants say goodbye to Cecily?
8. At the beginning of the final act, what is Cecily and Gwendolen's plan of action?
9. Why does Gwendolen state that she wishes Cecily were older?
10. Name a few of Lady Bracknell's requirements for a suitable bachelor.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)