|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reality, what it is the relationship between Cecily and Jack?
(a) They are engaged
(b) They are siblings
(c) She does not exist
(d) She is his ward
2. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
(a) They are siblings
(b) They are engaged
(c) He is her father
(d) She is his aunt
3. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
(a) They must attend a French farce together
(b) He must tend to her shrubbery
(c) He must arrange her music
(d) He must rearrange her furniture
4. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
(a) A Cucumber Sandwich
(b) A Waltz
(d) A Proposal
5. Which of the following is not a condition that Jack and Algernon consider to kill Ernest?
(b) A slight chill
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
2. What relation is not popular at the present time?
3. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
4. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
5. How old is Cecily?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Bunbury?
2. What is Lady Bracknell's response to the story of Jack's adoption?
3. Why does Algernon discreetly write down Jack's country address on his cuff?
4. Describe Algernon Moncrieff.
5. What is Jack Worthing's business in London?
6. Name a few of Lady Bracknell's requirements for a suitable bachelor.
7. Why do Algernon and Jack have such difficulty choosing a place to have dinner?
8. How did Cecily become Jack's ward?
9. What clandestine declaration does Gwendolen make to Jack before she leaves?
10. Why does Jack intend to "kill" Ernest?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)