|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
(a) When he is in the country
(b) When he travels abroad
(c) When he is in town
(d) When he signs legal documents
2. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
3. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
4. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Berating the servants publicly
(b) Abruptly reentering rooms
(c) Quoting scripture
(d) Pocketing silverware
5. On what day is Jack leaving town?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "Ernest" have a country house?
2. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
3. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
4. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
5. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, according to Jack and Algernon, is the difference between mothers and fathers in modern society?
2. Why are there no cucumber sandwiches at the Algernon's when Lady Bracknell arrives?
3. How did Cecily become Jack's ward?
4. Who is Bunbury?
5. What orders does Algernon give Lane at the end of the First Act?
6. What clandestine declaration does Gwendolen make to Jack before she leaves?
7. What is Lady Bracknell's opinion of Bunbury?
8. How is it that Jack does not know who his parents are?
9. Why do Algernon and Jack have such difficulty choosing a place to have dinner?
10. What does Gwendolen love so much about the name Ernest?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)