|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Bracknell describe as a "delicate exotic fruit?"
(a) Her daughter
(c) Social bearing
2. What type of sandwich does Algernon take from Lane?
3. Where does Lady Bracknell send Gwendolyn while she questions Jack?
(a) The study
(b) The garden
(c) The dining room
(d) The carriage
4. According to Algernon, what do the lower classes lack a sense of?
(a) Respect for their betters
(b) Duty to country
(c) Moral responsibility
5. What does Jack offer to present to Lady Bracknell in lieu of his parentage?
(a) The handbag in which he was found
(b) A lord to vouch for him
(c) His "brother's" credentials
(d) A substantial dowry
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
2. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
3. In what town does the First Act take place?
4. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
5. How old is Cecily?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gwendolen love so much about the name Ernest?
2. What is Algernon's stated opinion of love and marriage in Act I?
3. Name a few of Lady Bracknell's requirements for a suitable bachelor.
4. What is Lady Bracknell's response to the story of Jack's adoption?
5. Why are there no cucumber sandwiches at the Algernon's when Lady Bracknell arrives?
6. Who is Bunbury?
7. Describe Algernon and Jack's conversation concerning Cecily and Gwendolen.
8. What, according to Jack and Algernon, is the difference between mothers and fathers in modern society?
9. How did Cecily become Jack's ward?
10. What is Jack Worthing's business in London?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)