Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
(a) Liberal Unionist
(b) Social Democrat
2. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid, "Bunbury?"
3. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
4. What relation is not popular at the present time?
5. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
2. To whom does Jack let his townhouse much of the year?
3. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
4. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
5. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Algernon discreetly write down Jack's country address on his cuff?
2. Why does Gwendolen state that she wishes Cecily were older?
3. How does Cecily get rid of Miss Prism at the the beginning of Act 2?
4. After the two women storm off, what is Algernon's attitude?
5. How do Algernon and Jack break the women's barrier of silence?
6. What has Algernon arranged for later in the afternoon that Jack has as well?
7. Why does Jack go by the name of Ernest in London?
8. What is Lady Bracknell's opinion of Bunbury?
9. What reassurance does Lady Bracknell give Cecily regarding not being able to marry until she is thirty-five?
10. What is Jack Worthing's business in London?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)