|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
2. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
(a) Social Democrat
(c) Liberal Unionist
3. Why do servants steal more champagne in the houses of bachelors?
(a) The servants are never as drunk as their masters
(b) There is less to do
(c) The men are less observant
(d) The wine is better
4. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Behaving well and feeling well
(b) Having much and owing little
(c) Making love and making peace
(d) Knowing much and knowing self
5. In what county is Jack's country house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
2. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
3. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
4. How often does does Algernon suggest one should check on one's relations?
5. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gwendolen love so much about the name Ernest?
2. Who is Bunbury?
3. What is Lady Bracknell's opinion of Bunbury?
4. What is Jack Worthing's business in London?
5. What orders does Algernon give Lane at the end of the First Act?
6. What, according to Jack and Algernon, is the difference between mothers and fathers in modern society?
7. Name a few of Lady Bracknell's requirements for a suitable bachelor.
8. Why does Algernon discreetly write down Jack's country address on his cuff?
9. What is Lady Bracknell's response to the story of Jack's adoption?
10. How did Cecily become Jack's ward?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)