|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
(a) A train compartment
(b) A cloak room
(c) A platform
(d) A news kiosk
2. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
(a) 700 pounds
(b) 500 pounds
(c) 200 pounds
(d) 1000 pounds
3. How old is Cecily?
4. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
(b) Trader Vic's
5. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
(a) Move away from England
(b) Marry off Cecily
(c) Kill off "Ernest"
(d) Join the Church
Short Answer Questions
1. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
2. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
3. Which of the following is not a condition that Jack and Algernon consider to kill Ernest?
4. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
5. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name a few of Lady Bracknell's requirements for a suitable bachelor.
2. Why doe Jack go by the name of Ernest in London?
3. Why do Algernon and Jack have such difficulty choosing a place to have dinner?
4. What does Gwendolen love so much about the name Ernest?
5. How did Cecily become Jack's ward?
6. What clandestine declaration does Gwendolen make to Jack before she leaves?
7. What is Jack Worthing's business in London?
8. Who is Bunbury?
9. Why are there no cucumber sandwiches at the Algernon's when Lady Bracknell arrives?
10. Describe Algernon Moncrieff.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)