|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
(a) That they not walk together anymore
(b) That he refrain from dairy
(c) That he take up learning German
(d) That he marry
2. Whom does Jack ask Chasuble to christen?
(c) Ernest's body
(d) Jack himself
3. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
4. Why was Miss Prism's novel never published?
(a) She never finished it
(b) She lost the manuscript
(c) The editor stole the manuscript and published it himself
(d) No publisher would take it
5. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
(a) He has been confused with another man
(b) A large debt is a sign of wealth in London
(c) They were for Bunbury
(d) He runs a soup kitchen in the city
6. How many counties can one see from the hills of around the manor?
7. How does Algernon describe the day?
(a) The worst Bunbury he has had
(b) A middling Bunbury
(c) The most wonderful Bunbury he has had
(d) Rather hot
8. With what does Grigsby present Algernon?
(a) A bill
(b) A sherry
(c) His luggage
(d) A bible
9. Whom has Gwendolen already contacted about her betrothal to Ernest?
(a) The Census Bureau
(b) Westminster Cathedral
(c) Her father
(d) The Morning Post
10. When the Cecily and Gwendolen both discover that each is engaged to Ernest, what do they compare?
(a) Wedding notices
11. What does Chasuble quote in Act III as proof of a religious revival?
(a) The Times of London
(b) The Beggar's Opera
(c) The previous year's Almanack
(d) The Confessions of St. Augustine
12. Who does Chasuble cite in chastising Algernon for gluttony?
(a) St. Augustine
(d) St. Paul
13. What is Miss Prism's first name?
14. As she copies Algernon's words into her diary, what does Cecily chastise him for doing?
15. Which of the following is not an aspect of Algernon's character that Jack assails when he tells him to leave the manner
(a) His vanity
(b) His style of dress
(c) His conduct
(d) His appetite
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two words do Miss Prism and Cecily confuse as they talk about Jack and his "brother"?
2. Who is the other partner in Grigsby's soliciting firm?
3. Where does Cecily tell Algernon he is being sent?
4. Upon finding out the Cecily is Mr. Worthing's ward, how old does Gwendolen wish Cecily was?
5. Which of these is not an occasion when Chasuble has preach his sermon on manna?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)