|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack tell Algernon has happened to Bunbury?
(a) He has recuperated
(b) He has exploded
(c) He has found a proper nurse
(d) He has moved away
2. Next to whose room does Merriman place Algernon's luggage?
(a) Miss Prism's
3. Whom has Gwendolen already contacted about her betrothal to Ernest?
(a) The Morning Post
(b) Her father
(c) The Census Bureau
(d) Westminster Cathedral
4. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
(a) They were for Bunbury
(b) He runs a soup kitchen in the city
(c) He has been confused with another man
(d) A large debt is a sign of wealth in London
5. What minor character defames the German language at the beginning of the Act?
(c) Mr. Grigsby
6. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
(a) He must visit his invalid friend
(b) He cannot stand the city during the weekends
(c) He has an appointment on Monday he wants to miss
(d) He has an equestrian event to attend
7. Immediately after proposing to Cecily, who does Algernon seek out?
(c) Miss Prism
(d) Lady Bracknell
8. What mission does Algernon give Cecily?
(a) To inquire after Gwendolen's health
(b) To reform him
(c) To fethch him lunch
(d) To intercept Jack's mail
9. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
10. What is Cecily's justification that she should not have to learn German?
(a) Germany is overpopulated
(b) German is a boorish language
(c) Germany has done nothing for Britain
(d) There is no profit in learning German
11. According to Grigsby, who generally pays outstanding debts for the debtor?
(a) Their spouse
(b) Their relations
(c) A creditor
(d) The Church
12. How does Jack feel about affection?
(a) He fears it
(b) He yearns for it
(c) He relies on it
(d) He loathes it
13. Where does Cecily tell Algernon he is being sent?
14. What does Miss Prism instruct Cecily to read while she is gone?
(a) German History
(b) Political Economy
(c) Geometic Theory
(d) Verb Conjugation
15. What is Algernon eating at the end of the Act?
(a) Pate sandwiches
Short Answer Questions
1. As she copies Algernon's words into her diary, what does Cecily chastise him for doing?
2. Upon finding out that Cecily is Mr. Worthing's ward, how old does Gwendolen wish Cecily was?
3. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
4. What workman's item does Gwendolen claim never to have seen?
5. What attribute of Ernest's does Cecily love?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)