|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Prism instruct Cecily to read while she is gone?
(a) Verb Conjugation
(b) Geometic Theory
(c) Political Economy
(d) German History
2. Why was Miss Prism's novel never published?
(a) She lost the manuscript
(b) She never finished it
(c) The editor stole the manuscript and published it himself
(d) No publisher would take it
3. What German writer is Cecily studying at the top of Act II?
4. What, according to Miss Prism, does Socialism lead to?
(b) Dissolution of the family
(c) Vulgar literature
(d) Rational dress for women
5. How many pounds does Ernest owe the Savoy?
6. As she copies Algernon's words into her diary, what does Cecily chastise him for doing?
7. How does Jack describe Algernon's eating in times of distress?
8. Where does Cecily tell Algernon he is being sent?
9. What is Algernon eating at the end of the Act?
(a) Pate sandwiches
10. What does Jack tell Algernon has happened to Bunbury?
(a) He has recuperated
(b) He has found a proper nurse
(c) He has exploded
(d) He has moved away
11. Why will Cecily not allow Algernon to read her diary?
(a) It is improper
(b) It is all about him
(c) It is in secret language
(d) She intends to publish it
12. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
(b) The drawing room
(c) The garden
(d) The hills
13. What workman's item does Gwendolen claim never to have seen?
(a) A work glove
(b) A spade
(c) A piece of coal
(d) An axe
14. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
15. What lunch has Jack traditionally been enjoying of late?
(a) water and biscuits
(b) pate sandwiches and champagne
(c) tea and cucumber sandwiches
(d) roast beef and lager
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cecily get her ideas for her diary?
2. What does Algernon claim to be when he meets Cecily?
3. When Algernon arrives, under what name is he traveling?
4. What does Chasuble claim was the reference in his unintentionally romantic comment to Miss Prism?
5. How does Jack feel about affection?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)