|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn decline sugar in her tea?
(a) She prefers lemon
(b) It is out of style
(c) It is too rich
(d) She fears poisoning
2. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
(a) That he take up learning German
(b) That they not walk together anymore
(c) That he marry
(d) That he refrain from dairy
3. Why was Miss Prism's novel never published?
(a) The editor stole the manuscript and published it himself
(b) She lost the manuscript
(c) She never finished it
(d) No publisher would take it
4. Whom has Gwendolen already contacted about her betrothal to Ernest?
(a) Her father
(b) The Morning Post
(c) The Census Bureau
(d) Westminster Cathedral
5. Why did Cecily and Ernest break off their first engagement?
(a) He left for Australia
(b) She danced with another man
(c) He danced with another woman
(d) She was too young
6. How many counties can one see from the hills of around the manor?
7. What is Gwendolyn given with her tea?
(a) Bread and butter
8. How does Jack feel about affection?
(a) He relies on it
(b) He loathes it
(c) He fears it
(d) He yearns for it
9. What workman's item does Gwendolen claim never to have seen?
(a) An axe
(b) A spade
(c) A piece of coal
(d) A work glove
10. What lunch has Jack traditionally been enjoying of late?
(a) water and biscuits
(b) pate sandwiches and champagne
(c) roast beef and lager
(d) tea and cucumber sandwiches
11. With what does Grigsby present Algernon?
(a) A sherry
(b) A bill
(c) His luggage
(d) A bible
12. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
(a) He fears her anger
(b) She expects him
(c) She forbids him
(d) He does not know what to say
13. When the Cecily and Gwendolen both discover that each is engaged to Ernest, what do they compare?
(c) Wedding notices
14. How many pounds does Ernest owe the Savoy?
15. For how long does Cecily say she and Ernest have been engaged?
(a) Six months
(b) One hour
(c) Three months
(d) One month
Short Answer Questions
1. What minor character defames the German language at the beginning of the Act?
2. Which of these is not an occasion when Chasuble has preach his sermon on manna?
3. Why is Miss Prism concerned by Chasuble's being in the vestry?
4. According to Grigsby, who generally pays outstanding debts for the debtor?
5. How does Jack describe Algernon's eating in times of distress?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)