|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she copies Algernon's words into her diary, what does Cecily chastise him for doing?
2. Where does Cecily tell Algernon he is being sent?
3. Next to whose room does Merriman place Algernon's luggage?
(a) Miss Prism's
4. Who serves tea to Cecily and Gwendolen?
5. Whom has Gwendolen already contacted about her betrothal to Ernest?
(a) The Morning Post
(b) Westminster Cathedral
(c) Her father
(d) The Census Bureau
6. Which of the following is not an aspect of Algernon's character that Jack assails when he tells him to leave the manner
(a) His appetite
(b) His vanity
(c) His style of dress
(d) His conduct
7. Upon finding out the Cecily is Mr. Worthing's ward, how old does Gwendolen wish Cecily was?
8. What does Jack tell Algernon has happened to Bunbury?
(a) He has found a proper nurse
(b) He has recuperated
(c) He has moved away
(d) He has exploded
9. Why will Cecily not allow Algernon to read her diary?
(a) It is all about him
(b) She intends to publish it
(c) It is improper
(d) It is in secret language
10. Who does Chasuble cite in chastising Algernon for gluttony?
(c) St. Augustine
(d) St. Paul
11. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
(a) He has an appointment on Monday he wants to miss
(b) He must visit his invalid friend
(c) He cannot stand the city during the weekends
(d) He has an equestrian event to attend
12. What does Cecily do with the scissors?
(a) Cut a rose for Algernon
(b) Scare off Algernon's advances
(c) Cut a thread from the hem of her skirts
(d) Prune a bush while Algernon eats
13. How many pounds does Ernest owe the Savoy?
14. What adjective does Cecily use to describe the name Algernon?
15. Why is Miss Prism concerned by Chasuble's being in the vestry?
(a) It is very hot
(b) It is very damp
(c) It is very dry
(d) It is very lonely
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Grigsby, who generally pays outstanding debts for the debtor?
2. Why does Gwendolyn decline sugar in her tea?
3. When Algernon arrives, under what name is he traveling?
4. What does Gwendolen beg Cecily to call her after they realize they are deceived?
5. Why did Cecily and Ernest break off their first engagement?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)