Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
(a) The drawing room
(c) The garden
(d) The hills
2. How does Cecily have letters from Ernest?
(a) Algernon wrote them
(b) She wrote them herself
(c) Other boys wrote them and she changed the name
(d) Jack wrote them
3. Who does Chasuble cite in chastising Algernon for gluttony?
(a) St. Augustine
(c) St. Paul
4. What mission does Algernon give Cecily?
(a) To fethch him lunch
(b) To intercept Jack's mail
(c) To reform him
(d) To inquire after Gwendolen's health
5. What does Chasuble claim was the reference in his unintentionally romantic comment to Miss Prism?
6. Immediately after proposing to Cecily, who does Algernon seek out?
(b) Miss Prism
(c) Lady Bracknell
7. What vulgar people does Algernon suggest bandy about their business in cocktail parties?
8. What does Miss Prism instruct Cecily to read while she is gone?
(a) Geometic Theory
(b) German History
(c) Verb Conjugation
(d) Political Economy
9. Upon finding out that Cecily is Mr. Worthing's ward, how old does Gwendolen wish Cecily was?
10. Why is Miss Prism concerned by Chasuble's being in the vestry?
(a) It is very hot
(b) It is very lonely
(c) It is very damp
(d) It is very dry
11. Who is the other partner in Grigsby's soliciting firm?
12. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
13. How does Jack feel about affection?
(a) He loathes it
(b) He relies on it
(c) He fears it
(d) He yearns for it
14. According to Grigsby, who generally pays outstanding debts for the debtor?
(a) Their spouse
(b) The Church
(c) Their relations
(d) A creditor
15. Who serves tea to Cecily and Gwendolen?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many counties can one see from the hills around the manor?
2. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
3. What attribute of Ernest's does Cecily love?
4. About whom has Algernon - as Ernest - been talking to Cecily?
5. What German writer is Cecily studying at the top of Act II?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)