|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom has Algernon - as Ernest - been talking to Cecily?
(b) Miss Prism
(d) Lady Bracknell
2. With what does Grigsby present Algernon?
(a) A sherry
(b) His luggage
(c) A bible
(d) A bill
3. What lunch has Jack traditionally been enjoying of late?
(a) pate sandwiches and champagne
(b) roast beef and lager
(c) tea and cucumber sandwiches
(d) water and biscuits
4. How does Jack describe Algernon's eating in times of distress?
5. Who does Chasuble cite in chastising Algernon for gluttony?
(b) St. Augustine
(c) St. Paul
6. What is Gwendolyn given with her tea?
(a) Bread and butter
7. Which two words do Miss Prism and Cecily confuse as they talk about Jack and his "brother"?
(a) great and grate
(b) night and knight
(c) sow and sew
(d) dirth and death
8. Why is Miss Prism concerned by Chasuble's being in the vestry?
(a) It is very hot
(b) It is very dry
(c) It is very lonely
(d) It is very damp
9. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
10. When the Cecily and Gwendolen both discover that each is engaged to Ernest, what do they compare?
(a) Wedding notices
11. What ailment does Cecily claim Miss prism has?
(a) A general malaise
(b) An allergy attack
(c) A headache
(d) A slight chill
12. Where does Cecily get her ideas for her diary?
(a) At church
(b) From Miss Prism's reading
(c) In the garden
(d) In her room
13. As she copies Algernon's words into her diary, what does Cecily chastise him for doing?
14. How does Cecily have letters from Ernest?
(a) Jack wrote them
(b) Other boys wrote them and she changed the name
(c) She wrote them herself
(d) Algernon wrote them
15. What is Cecily's justification that she should not have to learn German?
(a) There is no profit in learning German
(b) German is a boorish language
(c) Germany is overpopulated
(d) Germany has done nothing for Britain
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack tell Algernon has happened to Bunbury?
2. How many counties can one see from the hills of around the manor?
3. How does Algernon describe the day?
4. What, according to Miss Prism, does Socialism lead to?
5. For how long does Cecily say she and Ernest have been engaged?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)