|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the other partner in Grigsby's soliciting firm?
2. Next to whose room does Merriman place Algernon's luggage?
(d) Miss Prism's
3. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
4. What does Chasuble quote in Act III as proof of a religious revival?
(a) The Confessions of St. Augustine
(b) The Times of London
(c) The previous year's Almanack
(d) The Beggar's Opera
5. What lunch has Jack traditionally been enjoying of late?
(a) pate sandwiches and champagne
(b) tea and cucumber sandwiches
(c) roast beef and lager
(d) water and biscuits
6. Which of these is not an occasion when Chasuble has preach his sermon on manna?
(c) Festal Days
7. What does Miss Prism instruct Cecily to read while she is gone?
(a) German History
(b) Geometic Theory
(c) Political Economy
(d) Verb Conjugation
8. Who does Chasuble cite in chastising Algernon for gluttony?
(c) St. Augustine
(d) St. Paul
9. What, according to Miss Prism, does Socialism lead to?
(a) Dissolution of the family
(c) Vulgar literature
(d) Rational dress for women
10. Why will Cecily not allow Algernon to read her diary?
(a) She intends to publish it
(b) It is in secret language
(c) It is all about him
(d) It is improper
11. When Algernon arrives, under what name is he traveling?
12. What is Algernon eating at the end of the Act?
(a) Pate sandwiches
13. What does Jack tell Algernon has happened to Bunbury?
(a) He has moved away
(b) He has recuperated
(c) He has found a proper nurse
(d) He has exploded
14. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
(a) He cannot stand the city during the weekends
(b) He must visit his invalid friend
(c) He has an equestrian event to attend
(d) He has an appointment on Monday he wants to miss
15. What minor character defames the German language at the beginning of the Act?
(b) Mr. Grigsby
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Cecily and Ernest break off their first engagement?
2. As she copies Algernon's words into her diary, what does Cecily chastise him for doing?
3. How does Jack describe Algernon's eating in times of distress?
4. Where does Cecily get her ideas for her diary?
5. Why does Gwendolyn decline sugar in her tea?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)