|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack feel about affection?
(a) He fears it
(b) He yearns for it
(c) He relies on it
(d) He loathes it
2. According to Grigsby, who generally pays outstanding debts for the debtor?
(a) Their relations
(b) A creditor
(c) Their spouse
(d) The Church
3. What does Chasuble quote in Act III as proof of a religious revival?
(a) The Confessions of St. Augustine
(b) The Beggar's Opera
(c) The previous year's Almanack
(d) The Times of London
4. How many counties can one see from the hills of around the manor?
5. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
(a) He cannot stand the city during the weekends
(b) He has an equestrian event to attend
(c) He must visit his invalid friend
(d) He has an appointment on Monday he wants to miss
6. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
7. What lunch has Jack traditionally been enjoying of late?
(a) tea and cucumber sandwiches
(b) water and biscuits
(c) roast beef and lager
(d) pate sandwiches and champagne
8. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
(a) That he refrain from dairy
(b) That they not walk together anymore
(c) That he marry
(d) That he take up learning German
9. Where does Cecily tell Algernon he is being sent?
10. Which of these is not an occasion when Chasuble has preach his sermon on manna?
(d) Festal Days
11. Why will Cecily not allow Algernon to read her diary?
(a) She intends to publish it
(b) It is improper
(c) It is all about him
(d) It is in secret language
12. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
(a) He runs a soup kitchen in the city
(b) He has been confused with another man
(c) A large debt is a sign of wealth in London
(d) They were for Bunbury
13. What is Cecily's justification that she should not have to learn German?
(a) There is no profit in learning German
(b) Germany is overpopulated
(c) Germany has done nothing for Britain
(d) German is a boorish language
14. What does Jack tell Algernon has happened to Bunbury?
(a) He has exploded
(b) He has moved away
(c) He has found a proper nurse
(d) He has recuperated
15. What attribute of Ernest does Cecily love?
(a) His taste
(b) All of the above
(c) His hair
(d) His name
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Miss Prism's novel never published?
2. Where does Cecily get her ideas for her diary?
3. For how long does Cecily say she and Ernest have been engaged?
4. Why does Algernon suggest Jack not get christened?
5. How does Algernon describe the day?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)