|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom has Algernon - as Ernest - been talking to Cecily?
(a) Lady Bracknell
(d) Miss Prism
2. Next to whose room does Merriman place Algernon's luggage?
(b) Miss Prism's
3. When Cecily and Gwendolen both discover that each is engaged to Ernest, what do they compare?
(b) Wedding notices
4. How does Cecily have letters from Ernest?
(a) Jack wrote them
(b) She wrote them herself
(c) Algernon wrote them
(d) Other boys wrote them and she changed the name
5. What, according to Miss Prism, does Socialism lead to?
(a) Vulgar literature
(b) Rational dress for women
(d) Dissolution of the family
6. Why did Cecily and Ernest break off their first engagement?
(a) He danced with another woman
(b) She was too young
(c) She danced with another man
(d) He left for Australia
7. What lunch has Jack traditionally been enjoying of late?
(a) pate sandwiches and champagne
(b) tea and cucumber sandwiches
(c) roast beef and lager
(d) water and biscuits
8. How does Jack describe Algernon's eating in times of distress?
9. Which two words do Miss Prism and Cecily confuse as they talk about Jack and his "brother?"
(a) night and knight
(b) sow and sew
(c) great and grate
(d) dirth and death
10. What does Algernon claim to be when he meets Cecily?
(a) Reckless but not wicked
(b) Charming but not saturnine
(c) Cunning but not vicious
(d) Extravagent but not profligate
11. What workman's item does Gwendolen claim never to have seen?
(a) A spade
(b) A work glove
(c) An axe
(d) A piece of coal
12. Whom does Jack ask Chasuble to christen?
(a) Jack himself
(b) Ernest's body
13. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
(a) The garden
(c) The hills
(d) The drawing room
14. What attribute of Ernest's does Cecily love?
(a) His taste
(b) His hair
(c) All of the above
(d) His name
15. What ailment does Cecily claim Miss prism has?
(a) A slight chill
(b) A general malaise
(c) A headache
(d) An allergy attack
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pounds does Ernest owe the Savoy?
2. What adjective does Cecily use to describe the name Algernon?
3. What is Gwendolyn given with her tea?
4. Who does Chasuble cite in chastising Algernon for gluttony?
5. Where does Cecily tell Algernon he is being sent?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)