|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pounds does Ernest owe the Savoy?
2. How many counties can one see from the hills of around the manor?
3. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
(a) She expects him
(b) He does not know what to say
(c) He fears her anger
(d) She forbids him
4. Whom does Jack ask Chasuble to christen?
(b) Ernest's body
(d) Jack himself
5. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
(a) He has an equestrian event to attend
(b) He cannot stand the city during the weekends
(c) He must visit his invalid friend
(d) He has an appointment on Monday he wants to miss
6. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
(b) The hills
(c) The drawing room
(d) The garden
7. What is Cecily's justification that she should not have to learn German?
(a) German is a boorish language
(b) Germany has done nothing for Britain
(c) There is no profit in learning German
(d) Germany is overpopulated
8. What does Jack tell Algernon has happened to Bunbury?
(a) He has exploded
(b) He has moved away
(c) He has found a proper nurse
(d) He has recuperated
9. What does Miss Prism instruct Cecily to read while she is gone?
(a) Political Economy
(b) Geometic Theory
(c) Verb Conjugation
(d) German History
10. As she copies Algernon's words into her diary, what does Cecily chastise him for doing?
11. What is Cecily's constant distraction?
(a) Her diary
(b) Her narcolepsy
(c) Her appetite
(d) The gardener
12. What does Cecily do with the scissors?
(a) Cut a rose for Algernon
(b) Cut a thread from the hem of her skirts
(c) Scare off Algernon's advances
(d) Prune a bush while Algernon eats
13. Why will Cecily not allow Algernon to read her diary?
(a) It is in secret language
(b) She intends to publish it
(c) It is improper
(d) It is all about him
14. About whom has Algernon - as Ernest - been talking to Cecily?
(a) Miss Prism
(d) Lady Bracknell
15. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not an occasion when Chasuble has preach his sermon on manna?
2. What minor character defames the German language at the beginning of the Act?
3. What does Chasuble claim was the reference in his unintentionally romantic comment to Miss Prism?
4. What ailment does Cecily claim Miss prism has?
5. What vulgar people does Algernon suggest bandy about there business in cocktail parties?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)