|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Miss Prism, does Socialism lead to?
(b) Vulgar literature
(c) Rational dress for women
(d) Dissolution of the family
2. What does Algernon claim to be when he meets Cecily?
(a) Extravagent but not profligate
(b) Charming but not saturnine
(c) Reckless but not wicked
(d) Cunning but not vicious
3. Which of these is not an occasion when Chasuble has preach his sermon on manna?
(c) Festal Days
4. Why does Algernon suggest Jack not get christened?
(a) It is blashpemous
(b) He might get a chill
(c) It is tedious
(d) The name "Jack" suits him
5. What ailment does Cecily claim Miss prism has?
(a) A general malaise
(b) A headache
(c) A slight chill
(d) An allergy attack
6. How many counties can one see from the hills of around the manor?
7. Where does Cecily tell Algernon he is being sent?
8. What does Jack tell Algernon has happened to Bunbury?
(a) He has exploded
(b) He has moved away
(c) He has found a proper nurse
(d) He has recuperated
9. What is Gwendolyn given with her tea?
(d) Bread and butter
10. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
(a) He must visit his invalid friend
(b) He has an appointment on Monday he wants to miss
(c) He cannot stand the city during the weekends
(d) He has an equestrian event to attend
11. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
(a) He runs a soup kitchen in the city
(b) They were for Bunbury
(c) A large debt is a sign of wealth in London
(d) He has been confused with another man
12. What does Cecily do with the scissors?
(a) Prune a bush while Algernon eats
(b) Scare off Algernon's advances
(c) Cut a rose for Algernon
(d) Cut a thread from the hem of her skirts
13. What does Gwendolen beg Cecily to call her after they realize they are deceived?
14. Why was Miss Prism's novel never published?
(a) She lost the manuscript
(b) The editor stole the manuscript and published it himself
(c) No publisher would take it
(d) She never finished it
15. What attribute of Ernest does Cecily love?
(a) All of the above
(b) His taste
(c) His name
(d) His hair
Short Answer Questions
1. What vulgar people does Algernon suggest bandy about there business in cocktail parties?
2. When the Cecily and Gwendolen both discover that each is engaged to Ernest, what do they compare?
3. How does Jack describe Algernon's eating in times of distress?
4. What German writer is Cecily studying at the top of Act II?
5. What does Miss Prism instruct Cecily to read while she is gone?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)