|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pounds does Ernest owe the Savoy?
2. Whom does Jack ask Chasuble to christen?
(a) Ernest's body
(d) Jack himself
3. What ailment does Cecily claim Miss prism has?
(a) An allergy attack
(b) A headache
(c) A slight chill
(d) A general malaise
4. What does Jack tell Algernon has happened to Bunbury?
(a) He has moved away
(b) He has recuperated
(c) He has exploded
(d) He has found a proper nurse
5. How many counties can one see from the hills of around the manor?
6. Where does Cecily get her ideas for her diary?
(a) In her room
(b) At church
(c) In the garden
(d) From Miss Prism's reading
7. How does Jack feel about affection?
(a) He relies on it
(b) He loathes it
(c) He yearns for it
(d) He fears it
8. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
9. Next to whose room does Merriman place Algernon's luggage?
(d) Miss Prism's
10. With what does Grigsby present Algernon?
(a) A bible
(b) A bill
(c) A sherry
(d) His luggage
11. Who is the other partner in Grigsby's soliciting firm?
12. Why does Gwendolyn decline sugar in her tea?
(a) It is too rich
(b) She prefers lemon
(c) She fears poisoning
(d) It is out of style
13. What is Miss Prism's first name?
14. Immediately after proposing to Cecily, who does Algernon seek out?
(a) Lady Bracknell
(c) Miss Prism
15. About whom has Algernon - as Ernest - been talking to Cecily?
(a) Miss Prism
(b) Lady Bracknell
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cecily's justification that she should not have to learn German?
2. Why was Miss Prism's novel never published?
3. What does Chasuble quote in Act III as proof of a religious revival?
4. What does Chasuble claim was the reference in his unintentionally romantic comment to Miss Prism?
5. For how long does Cecily say she and Ernest have been engaged?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)