|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many counties can one see from the hills of around the manor?
2. What German writer is Cecily studying at the top of Act II?
3. Whom has Gwendolen already contacted about her betrothal to Ernest?
(a) The Census Bureau
(b) Her father
(c) The Morning Post
(d) Westminster Cathedral
4. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
(a) A large debt is a sign of wealth in London
(b) They were for Bunbury
(c) He runs a soup kitchen in the city
(d) He has been confused with another man
5. Who does Chasuble cite in chastising Algernon for gluttony?
(b) St. Paul
(c) St. Augustine
6. What is Gwendolyn given with her tea?
(d) Bread and butter
7. Who serves tea to Cecily and Gwendolen?
8. Immediately after proposing to Cecily, who does Algernon seek out?
(a) Lady Bracknell
(b) Miss Prism
9. Where does Cecily get her ideas for her diary?
(a) From Miss Prism's reading
(b) In her room
(c) In the garden
(d) At church
10. Next to whose room does Merriman place Algernon's luggage?
(d) Miss Prism's
11. When Algernon arrives, under what name is he traveling?
12. What lunch has Jack traditionally been enjoying of late?
(a) pate sandwiches and champagne
(b) roast beef and lager
(c) water and biscuits
(d) tea and cucumber sandwiches
13. Why is Miss Prism concerned by Chasuble's being in the vestry?
(a) It is very dry
(b) It is very damp
(c) It is very hot
(d) It is very lonely
14. What, according to Miss Prism, does Socialism lead to?
(a) Dissolution of the family
(c) Rational dress for women
(d) Vulgar literature
15. Where does Cecily tell Algernon he is being sent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
2. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
3. What does Cecily do with the scissors?
4. Whom does Jack ask Chasuble to christen?
5. How does Algernon describe the day?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)