|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an aspect of Algernon's character that Jack assails when he tells him to leave the manner
(a) His vanity
(b) His appetite
(c) His style of dress
(d) His conduct
2. What does Gwendolen beg Cecily to call her after they realize they are deceived?
3. What mission does Algernon give Cecily?
(a) To intercept Jack's mail
(b) To fethch him lunch
(c) To reform him
(d) To inquire after Gwendolen's health
4. How many pounds does Ernest owe the Savoy?
5. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
(a) He fears her anger
(b) She expects him
(c) She forbids him
(d) He does not know what to say
6. What, according to Miss Prism, does Socialism lead to?
(a) Vulgar literature
(c) Dissolution of the family
(d) Rational dress for women
7. How does Algernon describe the day?
(a) A middling Bunbury
(b) Rather hot
(c) The worst Bunbury he has had
(d) The most wonderful Bunbury he has had
8. How many counties can one see from the hills of around the manor?
9. Why does Gwendolyn decline sugar in her tea?
(a) It is too rich
(b) She fears poisoning
(c) She prefers lemon
(d) It is out of style
10. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
(a) He must visit his invalid friend
(b) He has an appointment on Monday he wants to miss
(c) He cannot stand the city during the weekends
(d) He has an equestrian event to attend
11. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
(a) They were for Bunbury
(b) He runs a soup kitchen in the city
(c) He has been confused with another man
(d) A large debt is a sign of wealth in London
12. Why was Miss Prism's novel never published?
(a) She lost the manuscript
(b) No publisher would take it
(c) She never finished it
(d) The editor stole the manuscript and published it himself
13. About whom has Algernon - as Ernest - been talking to Cecily?
(b) Lady Bracknell
(d) Miss Prism
14. Why did Cecily and Ernest break off their first engagement?
(a) He left for Australia
(b) She was too young
(c) He danced with another woman
(d) She danced with another man
15. Who serves tea to Cecily and Gwendolen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon finding out the Cecily is Mr. Worthing's ward, how old does Gwendolen wish Cecily was?
2. For how long does Cecily say she and Ernest have been engaged?
3. What does Cecily do with the scissors?
4. What does Algernon claim to be when he meets Cecily?
5. How does Cecily have letters from Ernest?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)