|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
(a) She expects him
(b) She forbids him
(c) He fears her anger
(d) He does not know what to say
2. About whom has Algernon - as Ernest - been talking to Cecily?
(b) Miss Prism
(d) Lady Bracknell
3. With what does Grigsby present Algernon?
(a) A bible
(b) A sherry
(c) A bill
(d) His luggage
4. What does Miss Prism instruct Cecily to read while she is gone?
(a) German History
(b) Verb Conjugation
(c) Political Economy
(d) Geometic Theory
5. What is Cecily's constant distraction?
(a) Her appetite
(b) Her diary
(c) Her narcolepsy
(d) The gardener
6. Where does Cecily get her ideas for her diary?
(a) In the garden
(b) From Miss Prism's reading
(c) In her room
(d) At church
7. Whom has Gwendolen already contacted about her betrothal to Ernest?
(a) The Census Bureau
(b) Her father
(c) Westminster Cathedral
(d) The Morning Post
8. Whom does Jack ask Chasuble to christen?
(b) Ernest's body
(d) Jack himself
9. Which of the following is not an aspect of Algernon's character that Jack assails when he tells him to leave the manner
(a) His conduct
(b) His style of dress
(c) His appetite
(d) His vanity
10. Upon finding out the Cecily is Mr. Worthing's ward, how old does Gwendolen wish Cecily was?
11. When the Cecily and Gwendolen both discover that each is engaged to Ernest, what do they compare?
(a) Wedding notices
12. How does Algernon describe the day?
(a) A middling Bunbury
(b) Rather hot
(c) The worst Bunbury he has had
(d) The most wonderful Bunbury he has had
13. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
(a) That he refrain from dairy
(b) That they not walk together anymore
(c) That he marry
(d) That he take up learning German
14. How does Jack feel about affection?
(a) He relies on it
(b) He yearns for it
(c) He loathes it
(d) He fears it
15. According to Grigsby, who generally pays outstanding debts for the debtor?
(a) A creditor
(b) Their spouse
(c) Their relations
(d) The Church
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cecily have letters from Ernest?
2. What is Algernon eating at the end of the Act?
3. When Algernon arrives, under what name is he traveling?
4. What is Miss Prism's first name?
5. What German writer is Cecily studying at the top of Act II?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)