|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Miss Prism, does Socialism lead to?
(a) Rational dress for women
(c) Vulgar literature
(d) Dissolution of the family
2. Who serves tea to Cecily and Gwendolen?
3. What does Chasuble quote in Act III as proof of a religious revival?
(a) The Confessions of St. Augustine
(b) The previous year's Almanack
(c) The Times of London
(d) The Beggar's Opera
4. What does Cecily do with the scissors?
(a) Cut a rose for Algernon
(b) Scare off Algernon's advances
(c) Prune a bush while Algernon eats
(d) Cut a thread from the hem of her skirts
5. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
(a) He must visit his invalid friend
(b) He has an equestrian event to attend
(c) He has an appointment on Monday he wants to miss
(d) He cannot stand the city during the weekends
6. What vulgar people does Algernon suggest bandy about there business in cocktail parties?
7. What is Algernon eating at the end of the Act?
(b) Pate sandwiches
8. What minor character defames the German language at the beginning of the Act?
(c) Mr. Grigsby
9. What does Jack tell Algernon has happened to Bunbury?
(a) He has found a proper nurse
(b) He has recuperated
(c) He has exploded
(d) He has moved away
10. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
11. With what does Grigsby present Algernon?
(a) A sherry
(b) A bill
(c) A bible
(d) His luggage
12. What is Gwendolyn given with her tea?
(b) Bread and butter
13. Next to whose room does Merriman place Algernon's luggage?
(d) Miss Prism's
14. Where does Cecily tell Algernon he is being sent?
15. What ailment does Cecily claim Miss prism has?
(a) A slight chill
(b) A general malaise
(c) A headache
(d) An allergy attack
Short Answer Questions
1. What German writer is Cecily studying at the top of Act II?
2. Why does Algernon suggest Jack not get christened?
3. What mission does Algernon give Cecily?
4. Immediately after proposing to Cecily, who does Algernon seek out?
5. Why does Gwendolyn decline sugar in her tea?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)