|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom has Algernon - as Ernest - been talking to Cecily?
(b) Lady Bracknell
(d) Miss Prism
2. According to Grigsby, who generally pays outstanding debts for the debtor?
(a) A creditor
(b) Their relations
(c) Their spouse
(d) The Church
3. What, according to Miss Prism, does Socialism lead to?
(a) Rational dress for women
(c) Vulgar literature
(d) Dissolution of the family
4. What does Gwendolen beg Cecily to call her after they realize they are deceived?
5. What mission does Algernon give Cecily?
(a) To inquire after Gwendolen's health
(b) To reform him
(c) To intercept Jack's mail
(d) To fethch him lunch
6. How does Jack feel about affection?
(a) He yearns for it
(b) He loathes it
(c) He fears it
(d) He relies on it
7. What ailment does Cecily claim Miss prism has?
(a) A slight chill
(b) A general malaise
(c) An allergy attack
(d) A headache
8. Upon finding out the Cecily is Mr. Worthing's ward, how old does Gwendolen wish Cecily was?
9. What is Cecily's constant distraction?
(a) Her diary
(b) The gardener
(c) Her narcolepsy
(d) Her appetite
10. What is Gwendolyn given with her tea?
(a) Bread and butter
11. What lunch has Jack traditionally been enjoying of late?
(a) tea and cucumber sandwiches
(b) water and biscuits
(c) pate sandwiches and champagne
(d) roast beef and lager
12. What does Cecily do with the scissors?
(a) Cut a thread from the hem of her skirts
(b) Cut a rose for Algernon
(c) Prune a bush while Algernon eats
(d) Scare off Algernon's advances
13. How many pounds does Ernest owe the Savoy?
14. What vulgar people does Algernon suggest bandy about there business in cocktail parties?
15. What adjective does Cecily use to describe the name Algernon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Next to whose room does Merriman place Algernon's luggage?
2. Which of the following is not an aspect of Algernon's character that Jack assails when he tells him to leave the manner
3. With what does Grigsby present Algernon?
4. What is Algernon eating at the end of the Act?
5. Which two words do Miss Prism and Cecily confuse as they talk about Jack and his "brother"?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)