|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mission does Algernon give Cecily?
(a) To intercept Jack's mail
(b) To reform him
(c) To fethch him lunch
(d) To inquire after Gwendolen's health
2. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
(a) He runs a soup kitchen in the city
(b) A large debt is a sign of wealth in London
(c) They were for Bunbury
(d) He has been confused with another man
3. As she copies Algernon's words into her diary, what does Cecily chastise him for doing?
4. How does Algernon describe the day?
(a) The worst Bunbury he has had
(b) The most wonderful Bunbury he has had
(c) A middling Bunbury
(d) Rather hot
5. What vulgar people does Algernon suggest bandy about there business in cocktail parties?
6. Immediately after proposing to Cecily, who does Algernon seek out?
(a) Lady Bracknell
(b) Miss Prism
7. When the Cecily and Gwendolen both discover that each is engaged to Ernest, what do they compare?
(c) Wedding notices
8. For how long does Cecily say she and Ernest have been engaged?
(a) One hour
(b) Six months
(c) One month
(d) Three months
9. What does Chasuble claim was the reference in his unintentionally romantic comment to Miss Prism?
10. What is Algernon eating at the end of the Act?
(c) Pate sandwiches
11. What does Miss Prism instruct Cecily to read while she is gone?
(a) Geometic Theory
(b) Political Economy
(c) German History
(d) Verb Conjugation
12. What is Gwendolyn given with her tea?
(a) Bread and butter
13. What ailment does Cecily claim Miss prism has?
(a) An allergy attack
(b) A general malaise
(c) A slight chill
(d) A headache
14. Why did Cecily and Ernest break off their first engagement?
(a) She was too young
(b) She danced with another man
(c) He danced with another woman
(d) He left for Australia
15. What German writer is Cecily studying at the top of Act II?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Prism's first name?
2. What does Cecily do with the scissors?
3. Why was Miss Prism's novel never published?
4. Whom has Gwendolen already contacted about her betrothal to Ernest?
5. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)