|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack tell Algernon has happened to Bunbury?
(a) He has found a proper nurse
(b) He has moved away
(c) He has exploded
(d) He has recuperated
2. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
(a) A large debt is a sign of wealth in London
(b) They were for Bunbury
(c) He runs a soup kitchen in the city
(d) He has been confused with another man
3. Why will Cecily not allow Algernon to read her diary?
(a) She intends to publish it
(b) It is all about him
(c) It is in secret language
(d) It is improper
4. What minor character defames the German language at the beginning of the Act?
(c) Mr. Grigsby
5. Why does Gwendolyn decline sugar in her tea?
(a) She fears poisoning
(b) It is too rich
(c) She prefers lemon
(d) It is out of style
6. Immediately after proposing to Cecily, who does Algernon seek out?
(b) Lady Bracknell
(d) Miss Prism
7. How does Algernon describe the day?
(a) The worst Bunbury he has had
(b) A middling Bunbury
(c) Rather hot
(d) The most wonderful Bunbury he has had
8. Why did Cecily and Ernest break off their first engagement?
(a) She was too young
(b) She danced with another man
(c) He danced with another woman
(d) He left for Australia
9. Why does Algernon suggest Jack not get christened?
(a) It is blashpemous
(b) He might get a chill
(c) It is tedious
(d) The name "Jack" suits him
10. Which two words do Miss Prism and Cecily confuse as they talk about Jack and his "brother"?
(a) sow and sew
(b) dirth and death
(c) night and knight
(d) great and grate
11. How many counties can one see from the hills of around the manor?
12. As she copies Algernon's words into her diary, what does Cecily chastise him for doing?
13. How many pounds does Ernest owe the Savoy?
14. What is Miss Prism's first name?
15. Where does Cecily get her ideas for her diary?
(a) From Miss Prism's reading
(b) At church
(c) In her room
(d) In the garden
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack feel about affection?
2. What vulgar people does Algernon suggest bandy about there business in cocktail parties?
3. With what does Grigsby present Algernon?
4. When the Cecily and Gwendolen both discover that each is engaged to Ernest, what do they compare?
5. When Algernon arrives, under what name is he traveling?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)