|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
2. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
(a) What is your income?
(b) Are your parents living?
(c) Do you smoke?
(d) What are your politics?
3. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
(a) They must attend a French farce together
(b) He must arrange her music
(c) He must tend to her shrubbery
(d) He must rearrange her furniture
4. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
(a) It is tragic
(b) It is unfortunate
(c) It is inconsequential
(d) It is careless
5. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
(a) The railway guide
(b) The trivet
(c) The bell
(d) The cigarette holder
6. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
(a) Lady Bloxham
(c) John Merrick
(d) His brother
7. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
8. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
(a) When he signs legal documents
(b) When he is in town
(c) When he travels abroad
(d) When he is in the country
9. To what composer does Algernon compare his Aunt's ring? Tchaikovsky
10. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
11. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
12. What type of sandwich does Algernon take from Lane?
13. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest"?
(a) His wit
(b) His money
(c) His eyes
(d) His name
14. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
(a) The Games House
(b) The Empire
(c) The Theatre
(d) The Club
15. What does Lady Bracknell describe as a "delicate exotic fruit?"
(a) Her daughter
(b) Social bearing
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
2. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
3. What does Gwendolyn's brother ask all of his girlfriends?
4. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
5. Which of the following is not a condition that Jack and Algernon consider to kill Ernest?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)