|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Cecily?
2. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to where they should go after dinner?
(a) The Club
(b) The Theatre
(c) The Empire
(d) The Games House
3. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A modern stoic
(b) A rube
(c) A prig
(d) A pessimist
4. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid, "Bunbury?"
5. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Abruptly re-entering rooms
(b) Berating the servants publicly
(c) Quoting scripture
(d) Pocketing silverware
6. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
(a) It is inconsequential
(b) It is unfortunate
(c) It is careless
(d) It is tragic
7. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
(d) Trader Vic's
8. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
(a) Do you smoke?
(b) What is your income?
(c) Are your parents living?
(d) What are your politics?
9. What does Gwendolyn's brother ask all of his girlfriends?
(a) For advice
(b) To marry him
(c) For directions
(d) For money
10. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
(a) Kill off "Ernest"
(b) Move away from England
(c) Marry off Cecily
(d) Join the Church
11. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest?"
(a) His name
(b) His eyes
(c) His wit
(d) His money
12. What does Jack offer to present to Lady Bracknell in lieu of his parentage?
(a) The handbag in which he was found
(b) His "brother's" credentials
(c) A lord to vouch for him
(d) A substantial dowry
13. What does Lady Bracknell describe as a "delicate exotic fruit?"
(b) Social bearing
(d) Her daughter
14. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
(a) His warnings
(b) Her lessons
(c) The advances of boys
(d) Her spending
15. To what composer does Algernon compare his Aunt's ring?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
2. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
3. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
4. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
5. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)