|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does does Algernon suggest one should check on one's relations?
(a) Once a month
(b) Once a week
(c) Once a season
2. What does Lady Bracknell describe as a "delicate exotic fruit?"
(a) Her daughter
(b) Social bearing
3. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
(a) The advances of boys
(b) His warnings
(c) Her spending
(d) Her lessons
4. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Making love and making peace
(b) Knowing much and knowing self
(c) Behaving well and feeling well
(d) Having much and owing little
5. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
(a) A tea and a song
(b) A sherry and a cigarette
(c) A whiskey and a sanwich
(d) A coffee and a biscuit
6. Who is Cecily's governess?
(a) Miss Prism
(c) She has none
(d) Lady Bracknell
7. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
8. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
9. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
(a) Those who enjoy your present
(b) Those with a willingness to lend money
(c) Those who choose not to speak
(d) Those you haven't met
10. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
(a) A Harpy
(b) A Gorgon
(c) A Minotaur
(d) A Leviathan
11. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
(c) Social Democrat
(d) Liberal Unionist
12. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
(a) It was black
(b) It was leather
(c) It was torn at the side
(d) It had handles
13. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
(a) Move away from England
(b) Marry off Cecily
(c) Kill off "Ernest"
(d) Join the Church
14. Where does Lady Bracknell send Gwendolyn while she questions Jack?
(a) The study
(b) The garden
(c) The dining room
(d) The carriage
15. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
(a) 200 pounds
(b) 1000 pounds
(c) 500 pounds
(d) 700 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "Ernest" have a country house?
2. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest"?
3. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
4. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
5. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)