|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
2. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
3. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once"?
4. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
(a) When he signs legal documents
(b) When he is in town
(c) When he is in the country
(d) When he travels abroad
5. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
(c) Trader Vic's
6. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Pocketing silverware
(b) Abruptly reentering rooms
(c) Berating the servants publicly
(d) Quoting scripture
7. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
(a) What is your income?
(b) Do you smoke?
(c) Are your parents living?
(d) What are your politics?
8. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
9. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
(a) A news kiosk
(b) A platform
(c) A train compartment
(d) A cloak room
10. What relation is not popular at the present time?
11. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
(a) Social Democrat
(c) Liberal Unionist
12. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
13. How old is Jack?
14. How many of the cucumber sandwiches does Algernon eat?
(a) None of them
(b) One of them
(c) Half of them
(d) All of them
15. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
Short Answer Questions
1. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
2. What is the only thing that allows Algernon to put up with his relatives?
3. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
4. What type of sandwich does Algernon take from Lane?
5. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)