|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) Lady Bracknell will inform her
(b) It will be in the papers
(c) Hell will have frozen
(d) She will be wearing a veil
2. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A pessimist
(b) A rube
(c) A modern stoic
(d) A prig
3. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
4. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
(a) John Merrick
(b) Lady Bloxham
(d) His brother
5. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
(b) Miss Prism
6. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
(a) The trivet
(b) The railway guide
(c) The bell
(d) The cigarette holder
7. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
(a) A news kiosk
(b) A train compartment
(c) A platform
(d) A cloak room
8. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
(a) 200 pounds
(b) 700 pounds
(c) 1000 pounds
(d) 500 pounds
9. What type of sandwich does Algernon take from Lane?
10. In what town does the First Act take place?
11. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
(a) Those you haven't met
(b) Those with a willingness to lend money
(c) Those who enjoy your present
(d) Those who choose not to speak
12. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
(a) A tea and a song
(b) A sherry and a cigarette
(c) A coffee and a biscuit
(d) A whiskey and a sanwich
13. Which of the following is not a condition that Jack and Algernon consider to kill Ernest?
(a) A slight chill
14. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
15. Why do servants steal more champagne in the houses of bachelors?
(a) The men are less observant
(b) The servants are never as drunk as their masters
(c) The wine is better
(d) There is less to do
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jack?
2. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
3. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
4. Where does Lady Bracknell send Gwendolyn while she questions Jack?
5. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)