|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
(a) It was the first word that came to mind
(b) It was Cardew's mother's maiden name
(c) It is the name of Cardew's favorite footballer
(d) It was the destination of his ticket
2. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
3. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) Lady Bracknell will inform her
(b) It will be in the papers
(c) Hell will have frozen
(d) She will be wearing a veil
4. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
(a) They are siblings
(b) They are engaged
(c) She is his aunt
(d) He is her father
5. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
6. What relation is not popular at the present time?
7. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
8. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
(a) A tea and a song
(b) A whiskey and a sanwich
(c) A sherry and a cigarette
(d) A coffee and a biscuit
9. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
(b) A Waltz
(c) A Proposal
(d) A Cucumber Sandwich
10. What does Lady Bracknell describe as a "delicate exotic fruit?"
(a) Social bearing
(d) Her daughter
11. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
12. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Quoting scripture
(b) Berating the servants publicly
(c) Abruptly reentering rooms
(d) Pocketing silverware
13. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
(a) Join the Church
(b) Move away from England
(c) Marry off Cecily
(d) Kill off "Ernest"
14. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
15. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
(c) Trader Vic's
Short Answer Questions
1. In reality, what it is the relationship between Cecily and Jack?
2. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
3. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
4. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
5. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)