|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Bracknell describe as a "delicate exotic fruit?"
(a) Social bearing
(c) Her daughter
2. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Pocketing silverware
(b) Berating the servants publicly
(c) Abruptly re-entering rooms
(d) Quoting scripture
3. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
(a) They are siblings
(b) She is his aunt
(c) They are engaged
(d) He is her father
4. What item did Jack leave in Algernon's house the last time he called?
(a) His hat
(b) An engagement ring
(c) A cigarette case
(d) A book
5. To what composer does Algernon compare his Aunt's ring?
6. What is the only thing that allows Algernon to put up with his relatives?
(a) The gossip about his friends
(b) The ocassional loans
(c) Seeing them leave
(d) Hearing them privately abused
7. In what county is Jack's country house?
8. Where does Lady Bracknell send Gwendolyn while she questions Jack?
(a) The dining room
(b) The garden
(c) The study
(d) The carriage
9. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
(a) Kill off "Ernest"
(b) Marry off Cecily
(c) Join the Church
(d) Move away from England
10. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Having much and owing little
(b) Knowing much and knowing self
(c) Making love and making peace
(d) Behaving well and feeling well
11. How many of the cucumber sandwiches does Algernon eat?
(a) None of them
(b) One of them
(c) All of them
(d) Half of them
12. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest?"
(a) His money
(b) His wit
(c) His name
(d) His eyes
13. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid, "Bunbury?"
14. Who is Cecily's governess?
(a) Miss Prism
(b) Lady Bracknell
(c) She has none
15. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
(a) 700 pounds
(b) 500 pounds
(c) 1000 pounds
(d) 200 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
2. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
3. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
4. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
5. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)