|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
(a) A Leviathan
(b) A Harpy
(c) A Gorgon
(d) A Minotaur
2. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
(a) It is tragic
(b) It is unfortunate
(c) It is inconsequential
(d) It is careless
3. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
(c) Miss Prism
4. Where does "Ernest" have a country house?
5. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
(a) He cannot explain their relationship
(b) He would have to reveal his true name
(c) She has not asked
(d) He fears she would be jealous
6. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
7. How old is Jack?
8. What relation is not popular at the present time?
9. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
10. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
(a) What are your politics?
(b) Are your parents living?
(c) What is your income?
(d) Do you smoke?
11. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
12. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
13. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
(a) A coffee and a biscuit
(b) A tea and a song
(c) A whiskey and a sanwich
(d) A sherry and a cigarette
14. Why do servants steal more champagne in the houses of bachelors?
(a) There is less to do
(b) The servants are never as drunk as their masters
(c) The men are less observant
(d) The wine is better
15. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
(a) Lady Bloxham
(c) John Merrick
(d) His brother
Short Answer Questions
1. In reality, what it is the relationship between Cecily and Jack?
2. How often does does Algernon suggest one should check on one's relations?
3. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once"?
4. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
5. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)