Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
2. What does Lady Bracknell describe as a "delicate exotic fruit?"
(b) Her daughter
(d) Social bearing
3. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest?"
(a) His name
(b) His wit
(c) His money
(d) His eyes
4. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
(a) Move away from England
(b) Join the Church
(c) Marry off Cecily
(d) Kill off "Ernest"
5. What item did Jack leave in Algernon's house the last time he called?
(a) An engagement ring
(b) A book
(c) His hat
(d) A cigarette case
6. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
(a) It is tragic
(b) It is inconsequential
(c) It is careless
(d) It is unfortunate
7. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
(d) Miss Prism
8. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
(a) He is her father
(b) They are engaged
(c) She is his aunt
(d) They are siblings
9. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
(a) It had handles
(b) It was black
(c) It was torn at the side
(d) It was leather
10. According to Lady Bracknell, how will Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) Lady Bracknell will inform her
(b) She will be wearing a veil
(c) It will be in the papers
(d) Hell will have frozen
11. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A rube
(b) A pessimist
(c) A modern stoic
(d) A prig
12. What type of sandwich does Algernon take from Lane?
13. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
(a) She has not asked
(b) He cannot explain their relationship
(c) He would have to reveal his true name
(d) He fears she would be jealous
14. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
15. In what county is Jack's country house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
2. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
3. To whom does Jack let his townhouse much of the year?
4. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
5. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)