|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
(d) Trader Vic's
2. In what county is Jack's country house?
3. What type of sandwich does Algernon take from Lane?
4. Why do servants steal more champagne in the houses of bachelors?
(a) The servants are never as drunk as their masters
(b) There is less to do
(c) The wine is better
(d) The men are less observant
5. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
6. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
(a) It is unfortunate
(b) It is inconsequential
(c) It is tragic
(d) It is careless
7. Who is Cecily's governess?
(b) Miss Prism
(c) Lady Bracknell
(d) She has none
8. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
9. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
10. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
(a) Those who choose not to speak
(b) Those with a willingness to lend money
(c) Those you haven't met
(d) Those who enjoy your present
11. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
(a) Join the Church
(b) Move away from England
(c) Kill off "Ernest"
(d) Marry off Cecily
12. In what town does the First Act take place?
13. Where does "Ernest" have a country house?
14. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Abruptly re-entering rooms
(b) Quoting scripture
(c) Berating the servants publicly
(d) Pocketing silverware
15. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Bracknell describe as a "delicate exotic fruit?"
2. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
3. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
4. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
5. How old is Cecily?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)