|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
(a) He must rearrange her furniture
(b) He must arrange her music
(c) He must tend to her shrubbery
(d) They must attend a French farce together
2. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
(a) Those who choose not to speak
(b) Those who enjoy your present
(c) Those with a willingness to lend money
(d) Those you haven't met
3. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
(c) Miss Prism
4. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
(a) A Waltz
(c) A Proposal
(d) A Cucumber Sandwich
5. Where does Lady Bracknell send Gwendolyn while she questions Jack?
(a) The garden
(b) The dining room
(c) The carriage
(d) The study
6. How old is Cecily?
7. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
(a) 700 pounds
(b) 200 pounds
(c) 500 pounds
(d) 1000 pounds
8. On what day is Jack leaving town?
9. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
10. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
(a) It was Cardew's mother's maiden name
(b) It was the first word that came to mind
(c) It was the destination of his ticket
(d) It is the name of Cardew's favorite footballer
11. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
12. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
(a) A Minotaur
(b) A Gorgon
(c) A Leviathan
(d) A Harpy
13. What item did Jack leave in Algernon's house the last time he called?
(a) His hat
(b) A cigarette case
(c) A book
(d) An engagement ring
14. In what town does the First Act take place?
15. Which of the following is not a condition that Jack and Algernon consider to kill Ernest?
(c) A slight chill
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that allows Algernon to put up with his relatives?
2. According to Algernon, what do the lower classes lack a sense of?
3. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
4. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
5. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)