|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
(a) A Proposal
(c) A Cucumber Sandwich
(d) A Waltz
2. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
(a) It is unfortunate
(b) It is inconsequential
(c) It is careless
(d) It is tragic
3. In what town does the First Act take place?
4. In what county is Jack's country house?
5. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
6. How old is Cecily?
7. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) It will be in the papers
(b) She will be wearing a veil
(c) Lady Bracknell will inform her
(d) Hell will have frozen
8. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
9. Where does Lady Bracknell send Gwendolyn while she questions Jack?
(a) The carriage
(b) The garden
(c) The study
(d) The dining room
10. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
(a) The advances of boys
(b) His warnings
(c) Her lessons
(d) Her spending
11. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
(a) A Gorgon
(b) A Leviathan
(c) A Harpy
(d) A Minotaur
12. What relation is not popular at the present time?
13. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
(a) Those who choose not to speak
(b) Those with a willingness to lend money
(c) Those you haven't met
(d) Those who enjoy your present
14. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
(a) The Games House
(b) The Theatre
(c) The Club
(d) The Empire
15. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
2. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
3. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
4. To what composer does Algernon compare his Aunt's ring? Tchaikovsky
5. How many of the cucumber sandwiches does Algernon eat?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)