|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cecily's governess?
(a) Lady Bracknell
(c) She has none
(d) Miss Prism
2. What type of sandwich does Algernon take from Lane?
3. How old is Jack?
4. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
5. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
(a) It had handles
(b) It was torn at the side
(c) It was leather
(d) It was black
6. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
(a) Her spending
(b) The advances of boys
(c) Her lessons
(d) His warnings
7. In reality, what it is the relationship between Cecily and Jack?
(a) They are siblings
(b) She does not exist
(c) She is his ward
(d) They are engaged
8. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
(a) A cloak room
(b) A news kiosk
(c) A train compartment
(d) A platform
9. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Behaving well and feeling well
(b) Knowing much and knowing self
(c) Making love and making peace
(d) Having much and owing little
10. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
(a) A Proposal
(b) A Cucumber Sandwich
(d) A Waltz
11. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
(a) He must arrange her music
(b) He must tend to her shrubbery
(c) He must rearrange her furniture
(d) They must attend a French farce together
12. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
(a) Social Democrat
(d) Liberal Unionist
13. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
(a) What is your income?
(b) Are your parents living?
(c) What are your politics?
(d) Do you smoke?
14. To what composer does Algernon compare his Aunt's ring? Tchaikovsky
15. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
(a) The Theatre
(b) The Club
(c) The Empire
(d) The Games House
Short Answer Questions
1. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once"?
2. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
3. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
4. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
5. What relation is not popular at the present time?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)