|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
(a) The Empire
(b) The Club
(c) The Theatre
(d) The Games House
2. How old is Cecily?
3. On what day is Jack leaving town?
4. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Abruptly reentering rooms
(b) Pocketing silverware
(c) Quoting scripture
(d) Berating the servants publicly
5. What type of sandwich does Algernon take from Lane?
6. In what county is Jack's country house?
7. How many of the cucumber sandwiches does Algernon eat?
(a) None of them
(b) Half of them
(c) All of them
(d) One of them
8. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A rube
(b) A pessimist
(c) A prig
(d) A modern stoic
9. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
(a) She has not asked
(b) He cannot explain their relationship
(c) He fears she would be jealous
(d) He would have to reveal his true name
10. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
11. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Having much and owing little
(b) Behaving well and feeling well
(c) Making love and making peace
(d) Knowing much and knowing self
12. What relation is not popular at the present time?
13. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest"?
(a) His eyes
(b) His wit
(c) His money
(d) His name
14. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
(a) Social Democrat
(d) Liberal Unionist
15. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
2. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
3. To what composer does Algernon compare his Aunt's ring? Tchaikovsky
4. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
5. Where does "Ernest" have a country house?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)