|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did Jack leave in Algernon's house the last time he called?
(a) His hat
(b) An engagement ring
(c) A cigarette case
(d) A book
2. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
3. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Berating the servants publicly
(b) Abruptly reentering rooms
(c) Pocketing silverware
(d) Quoting scripture
4. Why do servants steal more champagne in the houses of bachelors?
(a) There is less to do
(b) The men are less observant
(c) The servants are never as drunk as their masters
(d) The wine is better
5. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Making love and making peace
(b) Having much and owing little
(c) Behaving well and feeling well
(d) Knowing much and knowing self
6. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
(a) Move away from England
(b) Marry off Cecily
(c) Join the Church
(d) Kill off "Ernest"
7. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
8. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
(d) Trader Vic's
9. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
(a) She has not asked
(b) He cannot explain their relationship
(c) He fears she would be jealous
(d) He would have to reveal his true name
10. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
(a) A coffee and a biscuit
(b) A sherry and a cigarette
(c) A whiskey and a sanwich
(d) A tea and a song
11. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
12. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
13. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
(a) It is inconsequential
(b) It is unfortunate
(c) It is tragic
(d) It is careless
14. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
15. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
(d) Miss Prism
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
2. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
3. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
4. In what county is Jack's country house?
5. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)