|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
2. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A prig
(b) A pessimist
(c) A rube
(d) A modern stoic
3. Where does "Ernest" have a country house?
4. How old is Cecily?
5. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
(a) It was torn at the side
(b) It was leather
(c) It was black
(d) It had handles
6. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
(a) A platform
(b) A news kiosk
(c) A cloak room
(d) A train compartment
7. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
(a) He must tend to her shrubbery
(b) He must rearrange her furniture
(c) They must attend a French farce together
(d) He must arrange her music
8. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
(a) It is tragic
(b) It is unfortunate
(c) It is careless
(d) It is inconsequential
9. How many of the cucumber sandwiches does Algernon eat?
(a) None of them
(b) All of them
(c) Half of them
(d) One of them
10. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
(a) What is your income?
(b) Are your parents living?
(c) What are your politics?
(d) Do you smoke?
11. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
(a) It is the name of Cardew's favorite footballer
(b) It was the destination of his ticket
(c) It was Cardew's mother's maiden name
(d) It was the first word that came to mind
12. How often does does Algernon suggest one should check on one's relations?
(b) Once a week
(c) Once a month
(d) Once a season
13. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
(a) A Leviathan
(b) A Harpy
(c) A Gorgon
(d) A Minotaur
14. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
(a) The Games House
(b) The Empire
(c) The Theatre
(d) The Club
15. In what county is Jack's country house?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day is Jack leaving town?
2. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
3. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
4. What is the only thing that allows Algernon to put up with his relatives?
5. To what composer does Algernon compare his Aunt's ring? Tchaikovsky
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)