|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn's brother ask all of his girlfriends?
(a) For advice
(b) To marry him
(c) For directions
(d) For money
2. Where does Lady Bracknell send Gwendolyn while she questions Jack?
(a) The study
(b) The carriage
(c) The garden
(d) The dining room
3. What does Jack offer to present to Lady Bracknell in lieu of his parentage?
(a) The handbag in which he was found
(b) A lord to vouch for him
(c) His "brother's" credentials
(d) A substantial dowry
4. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
(a) A train compartment
(b) A cloak room
(c) A news kiosk
(d) A platform
5. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
6. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
(a) It was the first word that came to mind
(b) It was Cardew's mother's maiden name
(c) It is the name of Cardew's favorite footballer
(d) It was the destination of his ticket
7. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
(a) A Waltz
(b) A Cucumber Sandwich
(c) A Proposal
8. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
9. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once?"
10. In what county is Jack's country house?
11. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
(a) The cigarette holder
(b) The bell
(c) The trivet
(d) The railway guide
12. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
(a) Join the Church
(b) Marry off Cecily
(c) Move away from England
(d) Kill off "Ernest"
13. How often does Algernon suggest one should check on one's relations?
(a) Once a month
(c) Once a season
(d) Once a week
14. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
(a) She is his aunt
(b) He is her father
(c) They are siblings
(d) They are engaged
15. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
(b) Miss Prism
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to where they should go after dinner?
2. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
3. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
4. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest?"
5. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)