|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
2. What does Lady Bracknell describe as a "delicate exotic fruit?"
(a) Her daughter
(c) Social bearing
3. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
(a) It had handles
(b) It was torn at the side
(c) It was leather
(d) It was black
4. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
5. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
(a) When he signs legal documents
(b) When he is in town
(c) When he travels abroad
(d) When he is in the country
6. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Abruptly reentering rooms
(b) Quoting scripture
(c) Pocketing silverware
(d) Berating the servants publicly
7. Where does "Ernest" have a country house?
8. Who is Cecily's governess?
(a) Lady Bracknell
(c) She has none
(d) Miss Prism
9. How many of the cucumber sandwiches does Algernon eat?
(a) One of them
(b) None of them
(c) Half of them
(d) All of them
10. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
(c) Trader Vic's
11. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
12. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
13. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
(a) It was Cardew's mother's maiden name
(b) It is the name of Cardew's favorite footballer
(c) It was the destination of his ticket
(d) It was the first word that came to mind
14. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) She will be wearing a veil
(b) Lady Bracknell will inform her
(c) It will be in the papers
(d) Hell will have frozen
15. According to Algernon, what do the lower classes lack a sense of?
(a) Respect for their betters
(b) Duty to country
(c) Moral responsibility
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
2. How old is Cecily?
3. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
4. Where does Lady Bracknell send Gwendolyn while she questions Jack?
5. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)